International Internships in Colombia with The Intern Group

Bogota
Bogota
after Colombia Moda
after Colombia Moda
With Local interns at hospital MetroSalud. They were very helpful and understanding of the fact that  my spanish wasnt perfect.They also played a major role in making me feel welcome.
With Local interns at hospital MetroSalud. They were very helpful and understanding of the fact that my spanish wasnt perfect.They also played a major role in making me feel welcome.
the interns. We made a brady bunch. Everyone had a snippet of earth to present to the rest of us

We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in one of the world's most exciting and fastest-growing economies, Colombia. During your internship abroad, you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career. Your internship in Latin America will make you stand out from your peers.

We are extremely proud of the partnerships that we have with leading companies and organizations. We've previously placed interns at BanColombia, FIFA, and The Colombian Government.

As an intern in Colombia, your program includes accommodation, airport pick up and drop off, regular social and cultural events, professional development tools and workshop, 24/7 emergency assistance, alumni career coaching, optional Spanish classes and many other great benefits. Apply now to our award-winning program featured in CNN, TIME and Forbes.

• Have a top-class international internship in Colombia! Our personalised process ensures that you will be working in the industry sector of your choice, in a role that is tailored to your professional goals.
  • For non native-Spanish speakers, perfect your language! Learn Spanish from some of the clearest Spanish speakers in the world.
  • It makes your resume stand out! In todays society, everyone does sport, plays an instrument and is part of a society. As one of millions of young people applying for their first job, you need to find a way to jump off the page!
  • Make friends and professional networks in Colombia and from all over the world! Whether you like it or not, its not what you know, its who you know.
  • Have an amazing life experience in Colombia! We know that moving to a new place can be nerve-racking. Thats why our team on the ground is made up of Colombians who are there to give you support 24/7.

Final Places Available for Summer Internships

There are only a couple of places remaining on The Intern Group's summer internship programs in the USA, Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America. Apply now to secure a space!

Applicants have the opportunity to complete an internship in a wide variety of different industries in Medellín. More information can be found here: https://www.theinterngroup.com/destination/internships-in-c… I am also happy to be contacted, as an alumnus of the Colombia programme, to answer further queries.
Okay perfect, thank you so much!
Language can be a hurdle. You need to go with the intent of learning Spanish as to communicate better. They really appreciate it. Time is also not as strict, I remember getting to work for 8am as this was the designated start time and I was the only person there, so that is a little bit different. Apart from that, they are very friendly and curious to learn more, so just relax and enjoy!

Becky
Rebeca N.

Simply Amazing

Even though changing careers might be difficult or uncertain, that is what I decided to do. I returned to school and completed a bachelors degree at the University of Texas at Arlington on May of 2019.
I am so happy that during my time at UTA I learned about The Intern Group from the Golden Key International Honor Society. In my opinion, what they do it is simply amazing. Taking part on an internship experience is beneficial not only for young adults, but for professionals like me that chose to change careers.
The Intern Group has a dedicated staff with the most welcoming attitude. They have a passion that drives them to give their best to every single intern, from the moment of the initial interview with the headquarters staff in London, to the moment of the exit interview with the program’s country staff.
I chose to go to Medellín, Colombia. Camila, Catalina, Alejandra, and the rest of the staff were great at taking care of our needs, keeping us informed, planning our excursions, choosing the best partner companies, and everything else they did.
If anyone is still thinking if they should apply, I would say: Go for it! I am sure that the program they chose and the staff at their host country will be amazing wherever they chose to go with The Intern Group.

Practice your Spanish and come enjoy Colombia!!!!!
Patricia

An Unforgettable, Un-missable Experience!

I spent 3 months interning in Medellín, Colombia, with the Intern Group. It has been one of the best experiences of my life - so much so that even though I haven't left Medellín yet, I'm already planning on coming back!

The Intern Group was very professional and supportive throughout my entire internship. They placed me in a law firm that was absolutely PERFECT for me! I was able to work in a field that I enjoy doing, with workmates who have become like a second family to me. I learned so much about the international legal field, as well as how to adapt to different work cultures.

My accomodation was amazing. I specifically asked to be placed in an apartment with other Colombians in order to improve my Spanish, and the Intern Group found me an apartment with the best roommates I could possibly ask for. The view was beautiful, and the location so convenient - we lived right above 2 supermarkets, and the metro station was a short walk away. The apartment complex also had a pool, jacuzzis, and a gym! It was a luxurious place to live in.

The Intern Group planned social events and professional development workshops for us, and were always there for us when we needed any slight thing. These events were always enjoyable, and allowed us to really get into Colombian culture. As a group of interns, we were a close, tight-knit family. It is a wonderful feeling to leave Medellín knowing that I now have life-long friends from all over the world.

Overall, the Intern Group organised the most incredible internship, and because of them, I was able to really enjoy my time in Colombia. I learned so much academically and professionally, and have gained so many close friends. I wholeheartedly recommend this program!

My advice to future travelers on this program is: keep an open mind and an open heart. Always be willing to try new things, to meet new people, and to put yourself out there! The Colombian culture and the people are so warm and welcoming, and the best way to enjoy it is to dive headfirst and really live it. The first step you should take is to the step that takes you outside of your comfort zone.
Katie

INCREDIBLE, ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE!!!

My experience interning for 3 months in Medellín, Colombia was one of the most amazing, wholesome periods of my life. The Intern Group facilitated all of this and were consistently outstanding throughout my time here. My placement incorporated every aspect of what I study and what I enjoy doing as well as a few unrelated topics that enabled me to learn a completely new skillset. My accomodation was excellent beyond words. The furniture and bedding was very comfortable, we had everything we needed, an amazing view of the city, it was located very close to shopping centres, workplace, and transport, and we had a huge pool and jacuzzi within the complex! It was honestly a treat to live there. The Intern Group were always very helpful and efficient with whatever we needed whether it was to do with our placements, accomodation, or general experience. The social aspect of the program was fantastic, we always had something fun to do or top recommendations for where to go and what to eat etc. The events organized by TIG were always culturally insightful and very enjoyable and the professional development workshops were extremely useful for improving my academic and professional skills. There is a huge sense of community among the interns and with the TIG team and I definitely left feeling like a part of me will always remain in Colombia. Every aspect of my internship program organized by The Intern Group allowed me to make the most of my time in Colombia, improve my academic, professional and personal skills, and gain an unforgettable and unparalleled internship experience that I don't believe I would find elsewhere. I 110% recommend this program to anyone who is considering doing an internship!!

This experience, as well as any internship or exchange anywhere is really what you make of it. To get the most out of this I strongly recommend to arrive with an open mind and be prepared for things to not go as planned but know that they will work out in another way! This advice really applies to life in general. Everyone has different interests and that is absolutely fine, what matters is that you are proactive and look for the opportunities and experiences that you wish to have. Sometimes getting used to life in a Latin American country can be tough for people who are not used to it, but pushing yourself out of your comfort zone, talking to everyone and anyone, trying all the foods (even if you don't even want to ask what it is!), and being prepared for any spontaneous adventure is the best way to make the most out of this internship program, and whatever cultural exchange/travel experience you may have!
anastasia

The Intern Group Has Absolutely Exceeded my Expectations!

My time in Colombia with the intern group has flown by so fast I can hardly believe it, and I have loved every minute of it! The team took a lot of time to find the perfect placements for my self and my fellow interns and were happy to meet with us anytime we had a problem. They were a constant support for us while in Colombia and I am very grateful for all the team did to make our experience as amazing as it was. Our accommodation was in one of the safest areas in Medellin and we were located right next to two of the best malls in the city so we had no problem getting delicious meals or just picking up a few things from the supermarket. The events organised by the experience team were always a treat and I found the professional workshops extremely useful for developing my CV for future job ventures. I am sad to leave both my work and my family here at the Intern Group but I would 100% recommend this programme to anyone thats looking to immerse themselves in a new culture while simultaneously developing their professional skills and profile.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I was very nervous for my first day at work in my new company, it was my first proper job and I didn't really no what to expect, but luckily we had a member of the Intern Group to take us and introduce us to our teams. Having someone from the team with me put me at ease and I think with out them there it would have been a very daunting experience especially since I am still practicing my language skills and learning about the culture, they were there to help guide me to making a good first impression and set me up for a great three months in my company.
Alexander

Good internship experience

The internship experience is generally good! The intern group Colombia found a really good internship host for me. I learnt a lot and utilised my skills in the internship. Medellin is a great city to visit. People are friendly here and the weather is great. The intern group also arranged a Guatape tour, which was fantastic. The staff at the intern group are very attentive. They resolve all the issues in time. Just one little tip, if you want really good accommodation, you can arrange your own. The hotels in Medellin are generally very cheap. It is a good way to boost your hotel elite status ;)

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would stay in a hotel from the beginning.
Jocelyn

Incredible Experience

The Intern Group did an above and beyond job from the application process till my last day abroad in guaranteeing an exceptional program. Everything was handled well and efficiently from housing, to support, transportation and safety precautions. Then having the opportunity to make connections and friendships with interns from all over the globe and the locals is more than I could've ever asked. But the best part was the internship itself, the team did a great job in finding me what I wanted and, connecting me a wonderful organization. I know that I will always have a home here in Colombia!

Michiel

Most professional internship placement organisation out there.

The housing was good and the internship placement was exactly what I was looking for. TIG will help you with whatever weird problem or issue you have/encounter ;) So you don't have to stress about a thing. Also the community feeling that they create among all the interns, makes it very easy to fit in right away and make social contacts. You will definitely meet a great bunch of people with who you will share great adventures !! Out of all internship placement organisations this is definitely the most complete and professional one, 10/10 recommended.

Sarah

Excellent experience!

Looking to gain invaluable experience, live and breath a new culture, and meet amazing people along the way? An internship with The Intern Group is a perfect opportunity to do all of that at once! From start to finish, my experience was nothing but positive. From scheduling interviews with local organizations, to setting up your accommodation, to all the other finer details, the staff are there to help organize everything to ensure you have a seamless arrival and a truly unforgettable time in your new city. To further enhance your time abroad, The Intern Group puts on various professional development workshops, organizes local tours and excursions, and arranges frequent social events to bring interns together. As for my actual internship, The Intern Group staff frequently checked in on me to ensure I was satisfied with my placement at the beginning. Although it took a bit of time adjusting to the slower work pace than what I was used to, I had the opportunity to collaborate with and befriend some of the most incredible and inspiring people.

Colombia is rich in culture, home to some of the friendliest people in the world, and the perfect place to do an internship abroad!

Yasmeen

The Intern group was the perfect program to help me decide what I wanted in my life!

I was undecided in my life, I started college and didnt feel like it was the right fit for me. I decided to take a semester off, while on my break I came across an email from The intern group - Internships abroad. I opened the email thinking nothing of it, Just another program I was sure. When I opened their website I started reading and it caught my eye the amount of support they provided for the interns. When I looked in the locations tab I noticed there was a program in Medellin, Colombia ! ( I am colombian, with family in Medellin) When I saw this I felt as if it was meant to be. I signed up hoping for the best. When I recieved the call I was so nervous and doing everything possible to make sure I landed the internship! After getting in there wa sso much support in the placement process, Everything was easy and I had no worries about my internship placement or my accomodation, the intern group takes care of everything for you which is the best part. When inColombia I had the most amazing time, I had a great friendship with my flatmates. Not to mention my internship, I worked with a non profit called Juguemos en el bosque, I worked with kids that were up for adoption and protection. At juguemos en el bosque I had an internship yes, but I also found a family with my coworkers. I loved being in Colombia so much and working that I now Live here! Let me tell you if you are considering an internship, push yourself and just do it! The intern group supports every step of the way. From our apartment to the social, professional and cultural events - To on call medical support. At the Intern group you will truly find a support team that dedicates themsevles to making sure interns have the best experience possible in Medellin. The intern group truly changed my life and helped me find my calling! If you would like to talk to an alumni please feel free to send me an email with any questions! [email protected]

Ed

Awesome experience!

Great programme! Everything is sorted for you, accommodation, internship, events, etc. Friendly staff, and heaps of great interns to hang out with. The internship they provided me was really excellent too, much better than what I could organise on my own. They also provide opportunities to experience Colombia and Colombian culture, through salsa nights, excursions to towns like Guatape etcetera.

Sasha

Internship in Colombia

My time in Colombia was hands-down one of the most memorable and relevant experiences in my life today. This was not only because of the incredibly helpful and supportive communications with the Intern Group staff, prior to my departure as well as throughout my stay. But also, the exciting and enriching internship I was placed in for my time there. I believe that the internship was truly a great match for me personally. My experience overall has guided both my goals and future growth.
Medellin in itself is beautiful and thriving with culture. The environment I was in played a huge role in my level of enjoyment and appreciation during the six weeks I was there. Prior to my departure, I was a little nervous. Although I had travelled before with my family, and done a volunteer program abroad, I was not familiar with Colombia, the people and was not sure what to expect. Nevertheless, I was pleasantly surprised and am undeniably grateful for having had this opportunity.

Lachie

Great Experience!

A great cultural and career experience! Learnt lots about Colombia and improved my Spanish. Medellin is such a beautiful, lively and fun city.

I was also placed at a great company and learnt a lot about my chosen field that have served me well since and shaped my career decisions for the better.

Met lots of cool people and made awesome lifelong friends.

An unforgettable experience. Loved it and want to go back for a visit or to work!

William

Venture Capital Internship in Medellin

Took part in a 2 month internship program facilitated by The Intern Group in summer 2017. The whole experience was amazing, from application they then organised interviews in my chosen sector, sorted all the accommodation etc and helped us to have fun and explore Colombia throughout the trip. Everything went really smoothly and had the added bonus when I arrived that the accommodation had a pool, basketball court and a gym! Learnt loads from the placement but as well as that managed to experience the city and culture. The support they provide is excellent, even have a doctor available they can call for you at any time! (Although I did have to resist calling for help after having a bit too much aguardiente the night before a few times...)

Few more hours in the day would be good... there's so much to see and do!
Stephanie

International Internship in Medellin

The Intern Group really surpassed my expectations! From picking us up from the airport after a long day of travelling to ensuring we had modern and clean apartments to live in throughout the 8 weeks, they really did think of everything! There was the perfect amount of social activities organised by The Intern Group to meet other interns and see the city as a local. I would highly recommend the internship programme in Medellin. The internship I was placed in was so rewarding and my colleagues were all so friendly and supportive! The work/life balance is incredible in Colombia and Medellin is a city that I felt safe in at all times. Though I had a good level of Spanish before arriving, I would say learning a few Spanish phrases goes a long way! Medellin is a beautiful place with the friendliest people and The Intern Group really added to the experience by always being there I had any problems or questions!

If you have the opportunity to go, do it! It was the best thing I've done whilst at university and Medellin is a city I will be returning to as soon as I can!

NA
Becca

The Intern Group gave me the best experience of my life!

I cannot speak highly enough of my internship abroad in Medellin with The Intern Group. From the moment I applied online to when the time came to say goodbye to my second home, The Intern Group showed me that they truly care about their participants and believe in their mission to inspire global leaders. I not only had an outstanding internship experience at the company where I worked, but I also gained lifelong friends from around the world. I was able to create and execute a digital marketing plan for the company I worked for, which immensely helped to make my resume stand out when looking for a job post graduation. The accommodation was stellar (better than any apartment I've ever lived in while in the United States!) and the team is caring, intelligent, and they go above and beyond the standard to ensure you have an amazing time. If you're considering doing the program - don't hesitate! You will undoubtedly have the experience of a lifetime!

N/A