International Internships in Colombia with The Intern Group

Final Places Available for Summer Internships

There are only a couple of places remaining for The Intern Group's summer internship programs. Apply now to intern abroad this summer!

We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in one of the world's most exciting and fastest-growing economies, Colombia. During your internship abroad, you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career. Your internship in Latin America will make you stand out from your peers.

We are extremely proud of the partnerships that we have with leading companies and organizations. We've previously placed interns at BanColombia, FIFA, and The Colombian Government.

As an intern in Colombia, your program includes accommodation, airport pick up and drop off, regular social and cultural events, professional development tools and workshop, 24/7 emergency assistance, optional Spanish classes and many other great benefits. Apply now to our award-winning program featured in CNN, TIME and Forbes.

• Have a top-class international internship in Colombia! Our personalised process ensures that you will be working in the industry sector of your choice, in a role that is tailored to your professional goals.
  • For non native-Spanish speakers, perfect your language! Learn Spanish from some of the clearest Spanish speakers in the world.
  • It makes your resume stand out! In todays society, everyone does sport, plays an instrument and is part of a society. As one of millions of young people applying for their first job, you need to find a way to jump off the page!
  • Make friends and professional networks in Colombia and from all over the world! Whether you like it or not, its not what you know, its who you know.
  • Have an amazing life experience in Colombia! We know that moving to a new place can be nerve-racking. Thats why our team on the ground is made up of Colombians who are there to give you support 24/7.

Applicants have the opportunity to complete an internship in a wide variety of different industries in Medellín. More information can be found here: https://www.theinterngroup.com/destination/internships-in-c… I am also happy to be contacted, as an alumnus of the Colombia programme, to answer further queries.
Okay perfect, thank you so much!
Language can be a hurdle. You need to go with the intent of learning Spanish as to communicate better. They really appreciate it. Time is also not as strict, I remember getting to work for 8am as this was the designated start time and I was the only person there, so that is a little bit different. Apart from that, they are very friendly and curious to learn more, so just relax and enjoy!

Michiel

Most professional internship placement organisation out there.

The housing was good and the internship placement was exactly what I was looking for. TIG will help you with whatever weird problem or issue you have/encounter ;) So you don't have to stress about a thing. Also the community feeling that they create among all the interns, makes it very easy to fit in right away and make social contacts. You will definitely meet a great bunch of people with who you will share great adventures !! Out of all internship placement organisations this is definitely the most complete and professional one, 10/10 recommended.

Sarah

Excellent experience!

Looking to gain invaluable experience, live and breath a new culture, and meet amazing people along the way? An internship with The Intern Group is a perfect opportunity to do all of that at once! From start to finish, my experience was nothing but positive. From scheduling interviews with local organizations, to setting up your accommodation, to all the other finer details, the staff are there to help organize everything to ensure you have a seamless arrival and a truly unforgettable time in your new city. To further enhance your time abroad, The Intern Group puts on various professional development workshops, organizes local tours and excursions, and arranges frequent social events to bring interns together. As for my actual internship, The Intern Group staff frequently checked in on me to ensure I was satisfied with my placement at the beginning. Although it took a bit of time adjusting to the slower work pace than what I was used to, I had the opportunity to collaborate with and befriend some of the most incredible and inspiring people.

Colombia is rich in culture, home to some of the friendliest people in the world, and the perfect place to do an internship abroad!

Yasmeen

The Intern group was the perfect program to help me decide what I wanted in my life!

I was undecided in my life, I started college and didnt feel like it was the right fit for me. I decided to take a semester off, while on my break I came across an email from The intern group - Internships abroad. I opened the email thinking nothing of it, Just another program I was sure. When I opened their website I started reading and it caught my eye the amount of support they provided for the interns. When I looked in the locations tab I noticed there was a program in Medellin, Colombia ! ( I am colombian, with family in Medellin) When I saw this I felt as if it was meant to be. I signed up hoping for the best. When I recieved the call I was so nervous and doing everything possible to make sure I landed the internship! After getting in there wa sso much support in the placement process, Everything was easy and I had no worries about my internship placement or my accomodation, the intern group takes care of everything for you which is the best part. When inColombia I had the most amazing time, I had a great friendship with my flatmates. Not to mention my internship, I worked with a non profit called Juguemos en el bosque, I worked with kids that were up for adoption and protection. At juguemos en el bosque I had an internship yes, but I also found a family with my coworkers. I loved being in Colombia so much and working that I now Live here! Let me tell you if you are considering an internship, push yourself and just do it! The intern group supports every step of the way. From our apartment to the social, professional and cultural events - To on call medical support. At the Intern group you will truly find a support team that dedicates themsevles to making sure interns have the best experience possible in Medellin. The intern group truly changed my life and helped me find my calling! If you would like to talk to an alumni please feel free to send me an email with any questions! [email protected]

Ed

Awesome experience!

Great programme! Everything is sorted for you, accommodation, internship, events, etc. Friendly staff, and heaps of great interns to hang out with. The internship they provided me was really excellent too, much better than what I could organise on my own. They also provide opportunities to experience Colombia and Colombian culture, through salsa nights, excursions to towns like Guatape etcetera.

Sasha

Internship in Colombia

My time in Colombia was hands-down one of the most memorable and relevant experiences in my life today. This was not only because of the incredibly helpful and supportive communications with the Intern Group staff, prior to my departure as well as throughout my stay. But also, the exciting and enriching internship I was placed in for my time there. I believe that the internship was truly a great match for me personally. My experience overall has guided both my goals and future growth.
Medellin in itself is beautiful and thriving with culture. The environment I was in played a huge role in my level of enjoyment and appreciation during the six weeks I was there. Prior to my departure, I was a little nervous. Although I had travelled before with my family, and done a volunteer program abroad, I was not familiar with Colombia, the people and was not sure what to expect. Nevertheless, I was pleasantly surprised and am undeniably grateful for having had this opportunity.

Lachie

Great Experience!

A great cultural and career experience! Learnt lots about Colombia and improved my Spanish. Medellin is such a beautiful, lively and fun city.

I was also placed at a great company and learnt a lot about my chosen field that have served me well since and shaped my career decisions for the better.

Met lots of cool people and made awesome lifelong friends.

An unforgettable experience. Loved it and want to go back for a visit or to work!

William

Venture Capital Internship in Medellin

Took part in a 2 month internship program facilitated by The Intern Group in summer 2017. The whole experience was amazing, from application they then organised interviews in my chosen sector, sorted all the accommodation etc and helped us to have fun and explore Colombia throughout the trip. Everything went really smoothly and had the added bonus when I arrived that the accommodation had a pool, basketball court and a gym! Learnt loads from the placement but as well as that managed to experience the city and culture. The support they provide is excellent, even have a doctor available they can call for you at any time! (Although I did have to resist calling for help after having a bit too much aguardiente the night before a few times...)

Few more hours in the day would be good... there's so much to see and do!
Stephanie

International Internship in Medellin

The Intern Group really surpassed my expectations! From picking us up from the airport after a long day of travelling to ensuring we had modern and clean apartments to live in throughout the 8 weeks, they really did think of everything! There was the perfect amount of social activities organised by The Intern Group to meet other interns and see the city as a local. I would highly recommend the internship programme in Medellin. The internship I was placed in was so rewarding and my colleagues were all so friendly and supportive! The work/life balance is incredible in Colombia and Medellin is a city that I felt safe in at all times. Though I had a good level of Spanish before arriving, I would say learning a few Spanish phrases goes a long way! Medellin is a beautiful place with the friendliest people and The Intern Group really added to the experience by always being there I had any problems or questions!

If you have the opportunity to go, do it! It was the best thing I've done whilst at university and Medellin is a city I will be returning to as soon as I can!

NA
Becca

The Intern Group gave me the best experience of my life!

I cannot speak highly enough of my internship abroad in Medellin with The Intern Group. From the moment I applied online to when the time came to say goodbye to my second home, The Intern Group showed me that they truly care about their participants and believe in their mission to inspire global leaders. I not only had an outstanding internship experience at the company where I worked, but I also gained lifelong friends from around the world. I was able to create and execute a digital marketing plan for the company I worked for, which immensely helped to make my resume stand out when looking for a job post graduation. The accommodation was stellar (better than any apartment I've ever lived in while in the United States!) and the team is caring, intelligent, and they go above and beyond the standard to ensure you have an amazing time. If you're considering doing the program - don't hesitate! You will undoubtedly have the experience of a lifetime!

N/A
Andrea

My experience in Medellin, Colombia

I had the incredible opportunity to do an internship in Medellin, Colombia. I worked as a content producer for a national TV show, which was an enriching and challenging experience. I learnt very much and grew dramatically as a professional. At my work place I experienced dynamic growth, having the opportunity to transfer my knowledge into real work environment.

My overall experience with the InterGroup was absolutely incredible. The stuff is extremely supportive, the accommodation is beautiful and I felt safe and very well taken care of during my stay there.

I would encourage everyone to go and experience what Colombia has to offer. You will not be disappointed.

The question is not how many doubts you have, or how scared you are to get out of your comfort zone, but how much joy and growth you will experience once you get there!

Kapalasa Viola

Kapalasa's Medellin diary

Everyday i wake up asking myself when im going back because I'd definitely do this twice over.
The journey was emotional and LONG! i had lots of obstacles from the very start till when i finally got to Medellin. My application process started over a year prior to my departure but Erika (the programs coordinator) helped me through till i got there. Being a medical doctor in training , i had no other option but to do it in Medellin and more so i had to have a satisfactory level of spanish to be able to intern in the hospital, and now im grateful that was the case because i got to merge the three things im most passionate about; medicine, language and traveling.
The people of Medellin, 'Paisas' as the're locally called are the warmest , most friendly culture ive come into contact with. My favourite part was becoming a local, people were only able to recognise me as a foreigner when they heard how i spoke spanish but then i blended in pretty well(atleast i like to think i did). The doctors i worked with helped me understand alot more along the way: i worked in one of the poor parts of the city in a government hospital and hence even my approach to the experiance and even the people changed and made me more accomodating, more understanding.
There's so much to see and do in Medellin,there's literally no room to get bored there. The city is like a photographers paradise and the team at Intern Latin America made it even better. I hope i can go back one day, maybe not as an intern but just to visit and to the team that made my experience one to remember - Joanna, Monica, Erika Adrianna and Becca - THANK YOU!

More destinations for medical interns.... though i dont regret going to Colombia <3
Muhammad

The Greatest Growth in my Life

Truly, I struggle to think of how I could have enjoyed myself or learned any more than I did within my 3 months of interning in Bancolombia's High Impact Entrepreneurship and Strategy Consulting division due to The Intern Group. You will see the same sentiment echoed repeatedly throughout these reviews - Medellín was heaven on earth and the greatest work/cultural immersion experience of my life. My work was intellectually challenging and meaningful (rare in the banking sector in the United States), where I was truly making a positive impact for the poor class of Colombia, and I formed strategic work relationships and personal friendships that will serve me well in my future, undeniably. At the age of 21, nowhere else would I have had the opportunity to work within venture capital projects, agro-finance (with the World Economic Forum), strategy consulting, and entrepreneurship all within the course of 3 months. Not only was I personally introduced to the highest echelons of the bank (like the Director of Innovation), but I was treated as a true worker and integral part of the workplace.

Separately, the tours and suggestions for cultural events such as salsa dancing were planned by The Intern Group extremely well. These permitted the interns to spend more time with one another, and I still keep in regular contact with more than five of my fellow interns. The workshops were fantastic and we were given unprecedented access to a global marketing superstar with clients like Apple and Google named "Brian" who gave pertinent tailored advice on personal branding, which is more important now than ever. I fell in love with the friendliest people on the planet, paisas, the weather, and everything about Colombia. I literally intend on living there in the future. The most impressive part of the experience, however, was the personalized attention and herculean effort made by the Intern Group women making the experience as streamlined as possible to allow you to grow as an adult and professional. From arranging all of the travel paperwork, to world class accommodations, to giving you helpful tips about phone packages in Colombia, the professionalism of the Intern Group cannot be overstated. Erika Londoño went above and beyond the job in every capacity, and the same applies for Adriana Ferrer, who elevated the proverbial bar for the paisa people by literally being in the top five genuinely nicest/kindest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. If I can be half the professional that these two ladies are in my career one day, I have no doubt I will be successful. As an economist and financier by trade, interning in Colombia through The Intern Group is the greatest return on my investment I have ever made, and that you will likely make if accepted for the program. Don't think twice. Apply for The Intern Group internship and forever change your life for the better. I can guarantee you will not regret it.

I struggle to say how the program can be improved. Truly, it was a life changing experience, and I cannot imagine being in better hands than the incredibly passionate and skilled TIG ("The Intern Group").
Lenin

The Hidden Gem of International Work Experience.

Hi! Lenin Ballesteros, Colombian program. Well, immediately upon arrival, I fell in love with the Intern Group. They arranged for a driver to pick me up from the airport, which is was EXTREMELY helpful because the airport is about 45 minutes from the city. But this guy was the best -- I was hungry and he pulled over at this amazing sandwich shop, lent me some money, and helped me to order. And, also, this was all at around 1AM. Yet, somehow, my experience in Medellín only went uphill from there. If you want to know all the details about that, feel free to contact me. But in short, what I loved about my experience in Medellín, and what I will never forget, are the people. The people of this city are the most genuine, the most caring, and the most hopeful people I have ever found on this earth. You'll find them in the airport, in the streets, in the international travel start-ups, or even in a midnight taxi.

Graham

Awesome time in Medellin

I had an awesome experience with the Intern Group in Medellin, Colombia. Being at the beginning of my studies at Uni I did not have anything specifically I needed out of a job so I did not go in with any specific needs. The job I was placed with was at a University and I loved it. The people I worked with were great and became some of my closest friends. I will say that anyone that wants to work here has to realize that things work slower here and in many cases you are responsible for finding things to do. If you sit back and do nothing likely that is what you will continue to do. As far as living in Medellin, I would recommend it to anyone. Despite its negative reputation, if one follows common sense then one can pretty easily avoid any problems. This being not walking home alone at night or going to the sketchier areas of the city without someone who knows the area. Having travelled in many cities around the world, I can attest that this was nowhere near unsafe. The nightlife is incredible and there are always things to do. There is a great expat community that live there and Colombian people are some of the nicest you will meet. On top of that scene there are good dining options and everything is much cheaper than you would find in Europe or the USA. Finally, the Intern Group team were truly awesome. They always went out of their way to help out when I had things like Visa problems and they would check in to see how my internship was going. They also organized some good activities and trips that were fun and allowed me to make good friends among my fellow interns. My housing situation was stellar although I had the nicest apartment in the program. I had my own room and bathroom on top of being on the 18th floor with a great view of Poblado. In addressing the price of the program, it may seem expensive but I found it cheaper than any other options at my university. I personally feel like the money was worth it as it allowed me to do this fairly last minute and not have to worry about figuring out an internship, housing, visa issues and such. In conclusion, Medellin is an incredible city that it still somewhat under the radar so now is a great time to go. The Intern Group is great and very helpful, and the accommodations are great. I would recommend this program to anyone who can and will definitely be returning as soon as I can!

Rafael

Experience of a Lifetime

My experience with Intern Latin America (ILA) was absolutely fantastic! As a mechanical engineering student I had the opportunity to work with the maintenance engineering team in a company that produces batteries. I had no idea how batteries were made and I can probably recite the process by heart after my time there. Furthermore, one of the things I valued most about my experience was that this opportunity gave me insight on a completely new aspect of mechanical engineering: maintenance. I had the opportunity to study a specific machine in detail to try and figure out the main causes of its down times. I studied maintenance protocols and had the opportunity to suggest actions to take in order to prevent the down times. This was especially important to me because my school curriculum is more focused towards the design aspect of engineering, rather than other important parts of the job such as maintenance. Also, apart from the technical things, the entire company took me in with open arms and made me feel at home immediately; this was very valuable to me.
As for the ILA team, I am beyond satisfied with their work and support! They were so quick to answer and react to any and every issue that came up. From injuries to lost keys, they handled anything that was thrown at them. Furthermore, their cultural involvement strategies were on point! We got so many notifications informing us of activities that would help us international people to really live the local culture and get immersed in it: soccer game viewing events, local food tasting, city tours, and much more!
I remember posting a picture on Instagram and the caption was: "Eight weeks is not going to be enough!" However, I now see even more how true the statement was!
Thank you Intern Latin America for the experience of a lifetime!!

About The Intern Group

The Intern Group is one of the leading providers of international internships. Our programs are located in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia & Latin America. We place participants from all over the world in international internships that propel...