Professional Internships and Spanish Language Immersion

Sports marketing
Sports marketing
Start ups
Start ups

Looking to get some real world business experience? Need to improve your Spanish? Why not combine both in a unique study abroad experience?

At Euroace we collaborate with multiple companies across different sectors in Valencia, where you can complete an internship placement.
An internship in Valencia would be a natural extension of your academic studies, a great path to change professional sector or an opportunity to gain an overall view of the professional world. It's an unforgettable experience!

What's more, complementing your internship with Spanish language classes can provide you with the ultimate learning experience. Our language classes cater to all ability levels and are tailored to fit in around your internship work timetable.

• An internship in Valencia is much more than just work experience. It gives you the opportunity to develop a global network of contacts
  • You will become a unique professional, enhancing future employment opportunities
  • You'll get to be fully immersed in Spanish, both at work and in class, accelerating your language learning
  • You can choose from a diverse range of fields and try new roles and tasks
  • You'll experience a brand new culture and gain an insight into how the native Spanish language sounds and also how your industry operates on a global level

EUROACE
EUROACE

Internship and Spanish Experience

For my study abroad program in Valencia, I firstly chose to do an Internship in a bilingual school, where the kids learn in both Spanish and English. My internship role included helping out with English in the classroom, talking to the students in English and helping them to speak in their second language, supervising them during activities and break times. I worked with 6-7 year olds and it was a great chance to get a feel for the education field. However, I decided to change my internship after a few weeks because I wanted to try a business related internship and I also preferred something closer to where I was living, without such a long commute.

Euroace organized a second internship with me within 2 days and so I was able to join a professional football club and look into the sports business industry, and i didn't have to waste any time before getting into a new experience. I started my internship by sitting down with the Villarreal CF supervisor and discussing my interests. I decided to focus more on a graphic design and marketing role, and some of my tasks included designing brochures, video editing for the marketing department, and designing promotional banners and materials.

My course also involved taking Spanish classes every day. This really helped me to improve my speaking and listening skills, and it gave me a good amount of time every day to communicate with people on the same level as me and feel like I could make mistakes and ask if I didn't understand something.

Something that made the program a lot easier was the structure. The internship and the classes worked perfectly together, so the timetable was easy to get used to!

I loved Valencia and especially the Turia park. You can cycle, run, or just look around and find different festivals and events going on all the time. It was a great city, not too big, and with nice weather to enjoy being outside!

My advice would be to try and put yourself out of your comfort zone. In the first few weeks I think it's really important to try to meet new people, and once you've met some, you'll meet more and more. Just remember that everyone is in the same boat as you, and so don't be afraid to meet people. Then you have more options to go out and more things to do with people. Also I'd say practice Spanish outside the classroom and don't be nervous to do it, because I wish I had done this more. And of course, live in the moment!
Gabriel

10 weeks internship in Valencia

First of all, I'm a French Canadian Master Student who needed to do an internship to graduate. Being an International Business Major, I thought to myself "Why not do one abroad, it would be a great experience".
Since I already did an exchange in Asia, I wanted to see how it is to live in Europe. I chose Valencia because the program was really affordable with good reviews and had a program related to international business. It was a country which I've already visited although a new city. I could also learn Spanish by the same time which is really useful seeing the number of Spanish speaking countries.
The program staff was really supportive before and throughout the internship. The same can be said for the company employees hosting me. It was a travel agency located in the marina in a open space startup incubator/accelerator. It specialized in tours in South America with customers from all over the world.
I lived with a host family to learn more about the culture. Some other students/interns came and left during my time there so it was a great way to meet people from other countries.
All in all, it was a great experience which I would recommend to others greatly.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would try to take Spanish classes to really learn the language. There is no better way than to live it. I also would have tried to go to more activities to meet more people. My biggest problem was a lack of time, most internships are 4-5 hours but I needed to do 8h per day for my university.