EUROACE: Spanish and culture program

EUROACE: Spanish and culture program

Our Spanish and Culture program is based in Valencia, Spain. It is a perfect fit between culture and language
The program can be made to measure, for university students, high school students, or for other institutions, with general Spanish or specific purposes (business, law, health care, Spanish for DELE examinations, etc.), or specific Spanish Culture Programs, with different subjects whereby the focus of our learning is placed on culture, history, and idiosyncrasy.

Europe » Spain » Valencia
Year Round
Resume
Cover Letter
Letters of Recommendation
The cost of program depends on the duration of the stay, and the type of services contracted by the student.

Jessica
St. Louis Park, Minnesota
South Dakota State University

Don't hesitate - go to Spain!

My study abroad experience was by far the best 5 weeks of my life. Immersing yourself in another culture is a challenging, yet highly rewarding process and Euroace is definitely the most friendly and accommodating group to guide you on your trip! If you're worried about communicating, they are fluent in English but encourage you to speak Spanish-only and grow in your language abilities. When I went abroad, I had already completed a Spanish minor and the amount of progress I made by speaking Spanish full time for 5 weeks was truly unimaginable - I began to have dreams in my second language and I was so moved by my experience that I decided to change my degree plan and major in Spanish!

The Euroace group is so personable - Isa & Jose get to know participants on an individual level through instruction and group outings, so you are able to have a personal connection with native Spaniards just through this program, not to mention all the others you will meet and connect with through your daily ventures, conversation exchanges and weekend excursions. I learned so much about the culture and language in only 5 weeks in Spain through the Euroace program!

My only regret is that I didn't spend more time abroad before I graduated and entered the work force. If you're hesitating at all, my advice is to go abroad with Euroace! Stay for a month, a semester, a year - the longer the better and the more you will grow in your language abilities!

I don't think anything necessarily about the program needs to be improved - I just wish I had stayed in Spain for a longer period of time.

Jesse
Brookings, South Dakota
South Dakota State University

Valencia 2012

I enjoyed the program so much that I have since returned to Valencia to visit the city as well as the program staff (Isa and Jose). The first time I was there, I studied with a group from my university and we had a terrific time. We were able to explore Valencia on our own and really experience the Valencian/Spanish culture first hand. Of course Isa and Jose helped out if we had any questions about what to see or do. They also set up weekly excursions for us that ranged from cultural museums to kayaking in the mountains and sailing in the Mediterranean.

From and academic stand point I learned more than I thought I ever could in only 5 weeks. The teachers did a great job of integrating our daily experiences into the class curriculum. For example, when we took a trip to the central market, we were able to experience something completely new (no markets like that in the USA) and were able to learn many new vocabulary words. After a weekend trip to Madrid and Toledo, sponsored by the program, we learned the different verb tenses to use in discussing the trip we just took. The classroom setting was inviting and fun, and we were able to learn from the teacher as well as each other.

I would have liked to learn a little more about the subjunctive tense. After being in Spain, I realized that the subjunctive is used very frequently. Our class focused a lot on the finer details of the language such as gender and number, as well as prepositions, commands, etc. This is not a bad thing because I certainly needed to review those parts of the language too.

I really have nothing to strongly suggest for improvement. I would not have returned to visit if I didn't enjoy myself the first time.

Ghaz
United Kingdom
Royal Holloway- University of London

An Unforgettable Experience

Euroace are the reason why I have fallen in love with Spain and the Spanish culture. Their outstanding teaching methods, vibrant language exchanges, diverse range of cultural activities, but above all their warmth and generosity, have made every ounce of this experience worthwhile. Living in a foreign country and having to adapt to a new language can be a daunting task for many first-timers. With Euroace, you undoubtedly skip this step. They make the transition into your new lifestyle so easy that you're bound to be calling Spain 'Home' in no time.

If I had to change one aspect of this program, I would encourage Euroace to expand its office to other European countries such as the UK. I have been very fortunate to have taken part in this program and to have made so many wonderful memories. I now wish to spread the word to the next generation of Erasmus students embarking upon this incredible adventure so that they too can live through this special journey.

Euroace is a young company based in the Spanish Mediterranean coast. Our cultural center has provided students, workers and institutions with unique experiences in Spain for more than seven years. We specialize in creating a perfect fit between culture and language, professional experiences and academic