International Business Internships with Adelante

Adelante offers affordable International Business internships in Madrid, Barcelona and Sevilla, Spain and in Mexico, Chile and Ecuador, South America. Boost your business acumen, gain relevant work experience, and enhance your resume while improving your Spanish language skills.

Placements are available in accounting, import/export, marketing, international events, consulting, banking, auditing, and more! Intern abroad in a small local business or a larger global corporation.

Adelante Abroad programs are geared toward the independent individual looking for valuable international work experience. Our programs include airport pick up, housing, an internship in your sector, Spanish language classes, and 24/7 access to your local Program Director abroad. You'll walk away with improved Spanish language skills, international work experience to add to your resume, and a cultural experience of a lifetime.

For a full list of international business placements, click on "Visit Site" or if you're ready to fill out an application, click on "Get Started" above. Adelante's support team is excited to hear from you!
  • Get credit and add to your resume - Internship experience will give your resume a boost. An international internship will make your resume stand out. Many of our candidates have also completed their internship for credit.
  • You'll have independence - No hand-holding so you really get to create your own experiences. If needed, there is always someone available in-country or at the main office in the USA for on-going support.
  • Flexibility - programs begin the first Monday of every month, year round. You can choose to stay for 1 to 6 months.
  • Customized Placements - before your program, Adelante staff work with you personally to match you with the internship that will give you educational, cultural and work experience based on your past work experience and goals.
  • Economical - Compare and compare some more: we are far and away the lowest cost international internship programs on the market today.

You living accommodations are included with the price of Adelante Abroad.

Sophie

Highly Recomended

I wish I had the words to describe how impactful this internship was. I was living and working in Madrid Spain for 6 months for an International Business internship. Something I am so happy I was able to do while I was abroad was to completely invest 110% myself into the country I was living in. One piece of advice I would have is do not be afraid to learn the language, experience the culture and get to know the locals. I met so many incredible people from Madrid and life-long friends I know I will have from here on out. I also met so many awesome people but struggled living abroad because they let the fear of not knowing the language or living somewhere new scare them. Stop. Do not be one of those people. Take chances. Do things that are out of your comfort zones. And be present in the moment. You will be so happy you did once the internship is over.

One of my favorite memories was traveling alone throughout Europe when given the opportunity. I did make a lot of awesome friends, however, I had plans of traveling alone and I am so happy I did. You learn so much about yourself when you travel alone. You get quality alone time with yourself and can focus on you and your needs. You meet so many great people along the way and can see the world around you without distractions. If I had any advice for future participants, take a trip alone to experience the world around you.

Now that I am done with my internship, I am looking doing my Master's degree in Madrid in International Business and I am so excited to continue this experience and hopefully move back to my favorite city in the word.

Nothing
Chris

Great Internship in Madrid

I interned at a small company based out of Madrid that specialize in selling spare parts for high tech manufacturing equipment. I enrolled in the program somewhat last minute because other study abroad plans fell through. From the get-go the Adelante staff was incredibly accommodating and helped find an internship related to my major (Supply Chain Management). The people I lived with in the program were incredibly fun and we had a great time going out and exploring Madrid. The language school places you in a class suited to your Spanish ability and it helped me remember the Spanish I had learned in high school. The internship itself was a really fun and engaging time and was very flexible regarding hours and having some days off for travel. I recently accepted an internship for this summer with a large sportswear company within the US and I drew heavily on my Madrid internship during the interview process. All in all, I am incredibly thankful that my other study abroad plans fell through because not only was this cheaper, I think I gained more and it made me a better student and future employee.

Hector

Adelante Program in Madrid

I did an internship abroad during the Fall of 2017 in Madrid and I must say it was truly the trip of a lifetime. It helped me grow both on personal and professional levels and can't express how thankful I truly am to have done gone through it.

I am a Business Admin major from Long Beach State University and decided to go intern at IFEMA, which is Madrid's convention center. The people at IFEMA were very nice and helpful throughout the experience and I learned a lot about both the business development department (which I was at) and about the cultural customs through this internship. Adelante Abroad we're also very helpful in making sure I was integrating to my housing and internship as well. They also made sure I knew what to expect coming into the program.

Overall, I would have to rate the experience a 10/10 for Adelante for making this trip so nice! Additionally the apartment they provided was in Puerta Sol, the Heart of Spain, so that was an added bonus.

Last thing is traveling around Europe while there was also very good! The people at Ifema were cool about working only 4 days a week (Im sure they would've also let me take 3 days but I wanted more work experience) and this let me travel a lot which made the trip extra special.

Angelica

2 month marketing internship in Quito, Ecuador

The Adelante Abroad program was a great experience for me. I enjoyed the independence that was allotted to me, while I also felt that I had all the resources I needed to be comfortable and safe. Ecuador is a great place to meet many people from all over the world and travel on a budget. I lived with a warm and welcoming family that took great care of me. I was able to work in a small marketing/communications firm and learn a lot about the field. I would highly recommend this program to anyone who is looking to have real work experience abroad, with the comforts and resources of a traditional study abroad program.

Jennifer

Tapas, Fiestas, & Siestas: An Amazing life in Madrid

This program was amazing. I met so many great people during my time here. I improved my spanish, and I was able to build my professional resume all at the same time. The Adelante staff is great, especially the staff back in America. They were always ready and willing to help whenever I needed them and even helped me create my customized internship experience.

I would have a different landlord for the apartments. They are in a great location and fairly nice, but the landlord can be a bit over bearing at times.

About Adelante Abroad

Internship, Volunteer, Semester & Summer Study Abroad Programs define Adelante Abroad's menu of offerings and expertise. Choose to intern overseas in Spain, Ecuador, Uruguay, Chile, Mexico, or Scotland. With year round start dates, Adelante is sure...