API International Internships in Spain

API international internships are unique opportunities for you to begin to explore and cultivate your future career through a high quality, academic-based international internship.

Interning abroad is the perfect way for you to gain valuable career training, cultural immersion, and soft skills through one complete program. In addition to benefiting professionally, you will also have the opportunity to gain personal awareness and self-knowledge, which is also invaluable as you start your career. This program is perfect for gap year students, undergraduates, as well as post-graduate students!

API Scholarships
API Scholarships and Financial Aid Information

API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.

$250 - $1,000

Popular Programs

Barcelona

API international internships provide unique opportunities for participants to explore and cultivate their future career path through a high-quality, customized, credit-bearing placement in several exciting fields and destinations. API internship programs encompass a number of career development and cultural resources to help participants maximize their personal and professional development.

Madrid

Seville

Alexandra

Summer Internship in Seville

First, I need to say I love the city of Seville. When it came time to choose a program, I had to pick between Barcelona and Seville, and I ended up choosing Seville because I wanted a truly immersive Spanish experience. I wanted to brush up on my Spanish speaking skills, and people were less likely to speak English in Seville. In addition, I knew about Seville's history with Arabic culture, and I had a strong interest to learn more about it.

However, Seville is not a popular program, so I ended up being the only student. The on site API coordinators were amazing and helpful, so I had no complaints there. However, I was slightly disappointed with my internship placement. I was placed at a startup where I was meant to do marketing for a kids phone app. While I loved my co-workers and their support, I didn't have much to do. I helped them with the initial setup of their product, but there wasn't much for me to do after the second week there. The best experience I had at my internship was my ability to practice my Spanish at the workplace.

As for my living situation, I was placed in an apartment. I was the only one in my program, so I had a room all to myself. There were others in the building, but they were mostly graduate students from other countries. We did talk/hang out every so often. I ended up traveling most weekends and meeting people at hostels/couchsurfing so I can be a bit more social.

Truthfully, I wish I had done a homestay instead, or had the chance to study at the University instead of partaking in an internship. Perhaps I would have been more social otherwise.

While I don't regret my Spanish experience (and I will always choose Seville over Barcelona) I wouldn't recommend this for people who aren't willing to be independent and try new things. Seville isn't as popular as Barcelona or Madrid, but that's exactly why I loved it more than those cities. Seville was a truly an immersive Spanish experience, and that's what made it the best.

This experience made me more confident in my abilities to travel, communicate, and explore. I learned a lot about the world and myself, and while lonely at times, I think it was worth it.

More social experiences. Can be very lonely at times.