GVI: Internships in Thailand

GVI: Internships in Thailand

We are proud to launch our new GVI Business Internships Abroad!
Business Internships Abroad are a great way to apply your business management and leadership skills and explore the world while experiencing new cultures and contributing to a sustainable cause and kickstarting your own career!

GVI’s Business Internships are the perfect opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on experience, especially if you are a student majoring in:
- business management,
- human resources,
- accountancy,
- marketing or
- international relations students

Business Interns can look forward to using their theoretical training skills to work in a local community with developing entrepreneurs, assisting them with developing their microenterprise businesses by:
- running hands-on, educational workshops on microenterprise business skills,
- conducting business training initiatives and
- mentoring and guiding small business owners

To apply or find out more about the value of the internships, follow the link below.

Intern with GVI in Thailand and discover the land of smiles; a land surrounded by stunning golden beaches, intricate temples and a rich culture. Although Thailand has a thriving tourism industry, there are many poorer communities. Thailand is also home to a variety of fauna and flora that are both unique, diverse and in some cases endangered. GVI offers a variety of internships in Thailand including:

• Conservation Internship with Elephants in Thailand: Help manage an elephant sanctuary and receive career development opportunities. Kick start your career on this multi-faceted internship in Thailand's stunning Chiang Mai region.
  • Thailand Wildlife Conservation Short-Term Internship: Combine your interests of teaching and animal care while gaining valuable work experience with our multi-faceted internship. Discover this fascinating culture while contributing to the rehabilitation of mistreated elephants, learning about plant biodiversity and teaching English to the local community.
  • Thailand Coastal Conservation Short-Term Internship: Assist with climate and conservation issues that the region faces be directly involved in biodiversity research, turtle conservation and environmental education. This is the ideal opportunity to kick off a career in conservation.
  • Thailand Coastal Conservation Internship: Interns can gain valuable career development opportunities on this internship in a coastal region in Thailand. You work in three areas: teaching English and environmental education to the local community, plant and animal biodiversity and animal care. This internship gives you the boost to get ahead of the rest!
  • Marine Conservation and PADI Divemaster Internship in the Indian Ocean: This conservation program gives you the opportunity to live and work in one of the most stunning places on earth. Based on a tropical island, next to a picture postcard beach, you will work alongside GVI and local partner staff.
  • Teaching English and TEFL Internship in Thailand: Combine teaching and traveling on this internship while you gain a valuable TEFL qualification and teach English in the majestic country of Thailand. After a successful internship, you may even get to work for GVI or a selected partner.
  • Short Term Teaching Internship in Thailand: Develop professional and personal skills while teaching English to children in Thailand's Phang Nga province. Join a short-term internship centered around teaching English to children in local schools. Immerse yourself in the traditional Thai culture and enjoy the stunning landscapes of the area!
  • Community Development Internship in Thailand: This is an excellent opportunity to genuinely experience the unique Karen hill tribe culture, as well as gaining teaching experience and helping to significantly improve the English language knowledge of the villagers. This is to ensure that the villagers acquire the knowledge and skills needed to run their own sustainable elephant conservation project.
Asia » Thailand » Chiang Mai
Industry
Weekly Hours

Victoria
Peterborough, United Kingdom

Huay Pakoot Stole My Heart

Completing an internship on the Elephant Reintroduction programme is one of my proudest achievements to date. It was a complete honour to have had the chance to experience the real authentic Thai culture, whilst living with my host family and being immersed into the community.
It was always a pleasure to hike and see the elephants every day, and completely mesmerizing to see these beautiful animals in their natural habitat.
There was always plenty of activities to get involved in on a daily basis, and I learnt more than I anticipated. The friends I made from around the world, during my time on project, I shall remember for the rest of my life. The elephants, mahouts (elephant keepers), villagers, staff and volunteers made my experience unforgettable and I am so thankful to have participated in the project.

There isn't anything that could improve this programme, I just wish I could have stayed longer.

Vanessa
Syracuse

Get up close and personal with elephants

If you want to see and interact with semi-wild elephants up close and personal, this is the program. We go to feed, pet and interact with the elephants in their natural habitat in the jungle. There is no elephant riding here, only observing natural behaviors. We stayed in a homestay in a remote village which was a real cultural experience. I learned the local language and customs. The villagers were very friendly to us and eager to teach and learn. I can't wait to go on my next GVI program.

Tammy
Melbourne, Australia
Monash University

GVI PHANG NGA TEFL

I loved my time spent at GVI Thailand. It was the most incredible experience of my whole life - a cliche but the truth. During TEFL the highlights were going to teach class and having the kids come running up and hi-fiving you and being genuinely excited and eager to learn English. This program helped me grow in to myself as a person and people that are thinking about doing this should definitely seize the opportunity. The staff are amazing and have so much insight about the best ways to teach English and are very supportive. You'll definitely feel equipped to take up a role as a TEFL teacher anywhere else in the world. The social aspect of this program is also amazing and I, personally, made some life long friends that I still keep in contact with.

GVI is an award-winning organisation that tackles critical local and global issues by operating education and training programs on sustainable development projects around the world.

Formed in 1997, we have been operating our award-winning programmes for over two decades and over 25,000 participants have volunteered