Uganda is one of the poorest nations in the world, with nearly 35% of the population living below the poverty line. This translates to a lack of basic infrastructure such as running water, electricity, waste management, healthcare, and education. FSD works with more than 30 community-based organizations in Jinja to support sustainable development and make a lasting impact.
- Uganda has a variety of rich landscapes and striking natural beauty that will leave you breathless. Although, as one of the 20 poorest nations in the world and a basic lack of infrastructure, it is a great place to help put your interest and skills in int
- Facilitate social welfare programs to provide vocational training and microenterprise opportunities to support re-integration of marginalized sectors.
- Work side-by-side with a community-based organization specializing in one or more of the following development sectors: health, youth and education, women's equality, microenterprise, human rights, community development and/or environmental issues.
- Help preserve Uganda's natural beauty through our simple alternative technologies and methods which encourage organic/sustainable agricultural practices, improve crop efficiency, decrease deforestation/increase reforestation, and build environmentally fri
- Design and implement outreach campaigns promoting community mobilization, sensitization, and health education; Develop community resource centers; Train community leaders to organize informal events, provide informational and health resources, and develop