IES Internships New York Summer – Internship

Students hanging out in Rockefeller Plaza.
Students hanging out in Rockefeller Plaza.
Students pose for a photo on a warm day in New York.
Students pose for a photo on a warm day in New York.
An intern stands beneath Brooklyn Bridge on a sunny day.
An intern stands beneath Brooklyn Bridge on a sunny day.
Exploring Central Park for a break from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Exploring Central Park for a break from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Get an internship in NYC with IES Abroad! This amazing metropolis is a center for global banking & business, and for arts and culture. Take the New York City Subway to work (the world's oldest, largest, and most-used public transit system) in this incredibly diverse and exciting city, where everything is at your fingertips. An IES internship in New York City develops your professional skills, your ability to communicate across cultures, and provides substantive work experience to jump-start your career in today's competitive job market.

You'll be guaranteed an unpaid internship placement at a local business or organization, where you'll work for at least 32 hours a week. We will work with you to help find the closest match between your preferences and professional goals with what's available via IES Internships in New York.

• Before you go, your internship coordinator will work with you to fine-tune your resume, perfect your cover letter, and hone your communication and interview skills.
  • You’ll enroll in a required 3-credit academic internship seminar with other IES interns, where you'll gain context for your internship placement by examining cultural issues in the workplace.
  • From high-end culinary hotspots to cheap and cheerful food carts, New York has a seemingly endless number of restaurants and food vendors, serving cuisines from all over the world for every budget.

IES Abroad Scholarships
IES Abroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

As far as we're concerned, financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why we offer more than $5 million in scholarships and aid.

$500 - $5,000

Giulia

How living and working abroad changed my life.

My summer internship with New York IES Program was beyond incredible. Before the departure, I didn't know what to expect, but I knew inside of me that this experience was going to change my life forever. And it did. I got on the plane nervous, scared but excited for what was waiting for me. Without any doubt, I can say that I'm not the same person I was when I first arrived in New York. The challenges that I had to face everyday shaped me as a student and as a human being. At first, it was difficult to live in the Big Apple - so many things to figure out. But as time went by, I became more confident. The IES staff helped me every step of the way -they have been always available and supportive. I am and always will be profoundly grateful to them for giving me this incredible experience.The IES staff has played a crucial role in finding the perfect internship placement for me: as and Art Historian student, working in an Art Gallery in Soho was a dream come true! I couldn't think of a better place where I could have interned. The people who worked with me at the Gallery made me part of their team from the frist day, and taught me so much! They included me in all of the activities of an Art Gallery such as setting up a new exhibition, meeting the artists, cataloguing, working with social media, editing pictures, finding new contacts and so much more! I felt I was learning something new everyday. Living and working abroad changed my life and my perspective of the world we live in. I definitely recommend this experience to anyone who wants to follow their dreams and pursue their career goals - you won't regret it!