- United States of America
View Other Details
- No experience necessary. Please describe your background and goals on the Application and Booking Form.
Bring pocket money for off-ranch meals and activities, like the Cody Nite Rodeo, soaking in the hot springs, river rafting and a trip to Yellowstone National Park.
If you are passionate about horses & want to improve your horsemanship, this amazing program includes riding & groundwork, cattle working from the ground & from horseback (team penning, rounding up, sorting), & off-ranch activities during downtime, like the Cody Nite Rodeo, soaking in the hot springs, or a visit to Yellowstone National Park. Build on whatever experience you bring to the program. Your days are planned around your goals, which you elaborate for us in your Application, with some unscheduled events thrown in, like the birth of a calf or a foal. Other opportunities to observe real ranch work include animal care & maintenance like de-worming, vaccinating, & shoeing the horses. Get hands-on!
Arrive on Sunday. We meet all flights into Cody, WY that day. Stay 1, 2 or 3 weeks. Monday morning of your stay, you'll be oriented to the ranch & horses, familiarized with our horsemanship techniques, then matched with your horse to head out on the trail to experience the West!
- Ride the beautiful hills of Wyoming and improve your riding skills on a horse matched to your comfort level.
- Immerse yourself in the daily life of the ranch from morning to night.
- Observe and practice the natural horsemanship techniques we use to train our ranch-raised horses.
- Participate in calf-watch and foal-watch as new babies are born on the ranch.
- Round out your cowboy and cowgirl experience with off-ranch activities, like the Cody Nite Rodeo, as soak in the hot springs, river rafting and a trip to Yellowstone National Park.