This is your chance to experience true cultural exchange while you work as a teaching assistant in English classrooms in the gorgeous Piedmont region of Italy. Live like a local, enjoy delicious cuisine, and explore the Italian sites while living with a host family for 3 months.
- Teaching assistant positions in local Italian high schools, middle schools, and elementary schools
- 15-18 classroom teaching hours per week
- Placements throughout the Piemonte (Piedmont) region
- Accommodation with volunteer Italian host family, including meals
- 3 month program with September or February start dates
September 2020 - December 2020 (exact dates will be confirmed later, but we are accepting teachers)
Why Greenheart Travel?
- We are a non-profit, mission-based organization passionate about having the most impactful travel experience possible.
- No surprise costs - we are upfront about our program fee, and package in as much as we're able to to avoid random or surprise expenses that can add up, like insurance!
- Hundreds of alumni reviews on GoOverseas!
- Your experienced program manager will support you every step of the way
- BEST pre-departure and in-country support
- Fun and informative group orientation upon arrival in Torino - meet your new best travel buddies!
- We will provide you with an interactive guide to your cross-cultural experience to help you process your experience and personal growth
This 3-month teaching program has full support from the Italian Ministry of Education and provides 15-18 hours per week of classroom experience. You will be paired with a local teacher in your host community, ensuring that your program is the most impactful, comprehensive and highest quality program available in Italy.
Program cost is $1,050* and includes housing and meals with an Italian host family for the full 3 months.
*Program costs do not include the airfare to Italy or free time/travel spending.
- Native English Speaker
- Age: 19 - 35
- 3 month teaching placement in Piemonte (Piedmont), Italy in public schools
- 2-3 day arrival group orientation with other teachers in stunning Torino with hotel accommodation included
- Airport pickup from Torino airport
- Accommodation with volunteer host families
- 2-3 meals per day provided by host family
- Extensive International Medical and Accident Insurance for the entire 3 months
- Local support and supervision
- 24/7 phone number to reach a program manager at any time
- Administrative costs of placement
- Support staff in the Chicago office and our partner offices all over the world
- Pre-departure preparation: Vaccinations? Documents required for entry? Don’t worry, we’ve done this a lot. We’ll make sure you think of everything before you even realize you needed to think about it
- Bottom line, you’re investing in smooth sailing and having a reputable organization make sure you’ll be landing in a good situation. We’ll make sure your new host country is ready to welcome you to a safe and secure experience