This is your chance to experience true cultural exchange while you work as a teaching assistant in English classrooms in the gorgeous Piedmont region of Italy. Live like a local, enjoy delicious cuisine, and explore the Italian sites while living with a host family for 3 months.
September 25, 2019 - December 12, 2019
Why Greenheart Travel?
This 3-month teaching program has full support from the Italian Ministry of Education and provides 15-18 hours per week of classroom experience. You will be paired with a local teacher in your host community, ensuring that your program is the most impactful, comprehensive and highest quality program available in Italy.
Program cost is $1,000* and includes housing and meals with an Italian host family for the full 3 months.
*Program costs do not include the airfare to Italy or free time/travel spending.
Why is there a program fee?
If a program abroad is free it most likely has funding from the government to cover your start-up costs. Somebody has to pay for your expenses. While we do try to keep our programs as cheap as possible (we are a 501c(3) non-profit!) there are some costs associated with running a program when it does not have any direct external funding. Providing your programming and support costs money. While we’d love to offer everything for free, we have to stay open for business!
Here’s the base of what is included in our program fees:
Request more information and an email from Greenheart Travel staff here: https://greenhearttravel.org/campaign/teach-inquiry22 or call 1-888-ABROAD-1
- Native English Speaker
- Age: 19 - 35
Benefits to Teaching in Italy:
- 3 month teaching placement in Piemonte (Piedmont), Italy in public schools
- Pre-departure support and orientation
- 2-3 day arrival group orientation with other teachers in stunning Torino with hotel accommodation included
- Airport pickup from Torino airport
- Accommodation with volunteer host families
- 2-3 meals per day provided by host family
- Extensive International Medical and Accident Insurance for the entire 3 months
- Local support and supervision
- 24/7 phone number to reach a program manager at any time