Professional Online 120 Hour TEFL Certification: Earn Money Teaching English

online tefl courses myTEFL
online tefl courses myTEFL

Do you want to be a superstar EFL Teacher? To maintain zen in an avalanche of convoluted grammar queries, tardy slips, wall to wall electronic whiteboards, a raucous class of Twitter loving tweens, uncooperative photocopiers and that student who'll never open their mouth (or never close it)? Then our 120 Hour Professional Course is perfect for you.

This Course includes modules on Learners, Classroom Management, Teaching Approaches, Teaching & Practice of the 4 Skills, Course Book Selection & Use, Multimedia & Technology in the Classroom, Curriculum Planning, Lesson Planning, Grammar, Testing and even more. Sound daunting? It's not. Our courses are designed to be 'student friendly', and our Tutors are also very student friendly!

When you are done, you will be ready for almost anything a classroom can throw your way, with a shiny new TEFL Certificate and a Letter of Recommendation to prove it!

For every course enrolled myTEFL makes a donation to a worthy charity.

• Accredited and practical course loved by employers and students
  • Job placements (the original) for life
  • Accepted by foreign governments for work visa applications
  • Socially responsible company that makes a donation for every course enrolled
  • Get certified & employed for under $300. No other fees.

The TEFL Certificate

• Benefits 9.7
  • Facilities 9.3
  • Instruction 9.4
  • Academic Rigor 7.1
  • Job Assistance 8.9
Aimane

Amazing TEFL course

Just like every newly graduated student who's eager to work as an EFL teacher, I decided to enroll in mytefl in order to learn about teaching. I found that this course is exactly what I was looking for! Not only does the course provide assitance in terms of what should be taken into consideration while teaching, but it also provides guidance in terms of the best locations to choose as a future teacher and also shows you whether teaching is really the right path for you.
I really enjoyed experiencing the 120 hour course and enjoyed chatting with the staff who were extremely helpful and friendly and answered all my questions and even provided me with helpful documents at times.
I would really recommend mytefl to any one who is considering applying for a tefl course.

Maybe using more media such as videos (but that is relative as many students may not want to use videos and may not have good connection so it depends).
Alex

Valuable Purchase

Great value compared to other online TEFL courses but still covers material in depth. Each lesson is valuable and I thought I knew everything until I started taking the pop quizzes...I soon realised that there was ALOT I had to re-learn. The great part about this course is how convenient it is to study as oppose to learning in class which can be hard to keep up with. On a normal day I was able to study for a few hours comfortably because the lessons are well written and not dry. If you actually take the time to compare prices online you'll notice this course is no doubt the right choice... 5 out of 5 stars for my experience with mytefl.

Have to give kudos to the customer service team for being so awesome and always there for their customers!

Video content would be a nice addition to the already amaziong content
Zouhair

MyTefl, my companion to success

I never thought I’d feel so confident and ready to start my teaching journey until I completed my Tefl course on MyTefl.com.
The course not only targets all ESL teaching aspects and techniques, but also puts a lot of stress on problem areas that teachers find in the beginning of and along their teaching career and thus making them way ahead of other teachers.

The enlightenment I accumulated as I progressed through the course was very overwhelming and encouraging. I feel like I have years of teaching experience due to the guides, advice, tips, etc. The course of MyTefl provides.

I will be everlastingly grateful for the enjoyable yet very instructive journey!

10/10 does not do justice to MyTefl’s customer support. I would rate them more.

Zouhair

The course itself is perfect. I would recommend whoever would like to sign for the program to make sure they have a good grasp of English.
Cindy

Enjoyed eery minute

MyTEFL, thank you. Your 120 hour course was perfect. I enjoyed the self paced structure and found myself looking forward to more lessons. I just recently move to Grand Bahama and wanted something to add to my resume, I'm happy this course was available. Super easy to use, follow and thought provoking. The support materials, in the library section, are super useful and cover all areas of teaching EFL, what a great resource. The MyTEFL staff were quick to respond with any and all questions with answers that were useful to move forward with studying, resume building or job searching. I felt completely supported throughout the whole process and would highly recommend to friends, coworkers and family. I have no doubt that this was the right decision for me and I'm excited for my future working with students all over the world. My only question is, where to I want to go from here? The possibilities are endless.

I would not change anything. I would recommend just the way it is and only wish I had started sooner.
Nicole

Very detailed and educational

The course was very detailed and insightful. After the introduction the course dives into valuable lessons and tips on how to be an effective teacher. This section was especially informative and I found it touched on both the do's and dont's to secure good habits from the start. The course was written with care and along with it being very in depth it also was easy to understand and relate to. I really feel that the course had tremendous value for its price and I have already recommended it to friends!

I loved the fact that the course was accessible through my smartphone and I could still navigate through the pages and quizzes easily. Not mention the great experience I had with the staff at MyTEFL from the moment I decided to enroll in the course, to when I had questions about my next steps following completion.

10/10 rating

An audio version of the same course would be a great addition
Jacob

Great Value and Highly Convenient

I really enjoyed the myTEFL program. The content and classroom examples provided in the coursework has helped me be able to envision a game plan for being an effective teacher oversees. My wife completed a TESOL Certification at a four year university and she affirmed that the content I was going over in the course was good.

After I completed the program, I felt prepared to answer any “pop quiz” questions during my interviews. I was also ready to explain on the spot how I would teach the past perfect to a group of students. Initially, I was nervous about keeping track of all the verb forms, but I felt much more confident after taking the course.

I am happy to say that I have been hired in Shenzhen, China and I will begin teaching this fall. Thank you myTEFL for helping me achieve my goals!

I would update certain examples or pop culture references in the course. However, the examples listed weren’t distracting from the content being taught
Chris

Legitimate and user friendly course!

The online course is user friendly and easy to use. It took me a good ten days to complete the course by putting in 3 hours some days and on average 2.5 per day. The tests are not too difficult if you thoroughly do the reading and you can always go back to review the reading if you are unsure of an answer during the tests.

The administration is helpful and got back to me the same day I requested my certificate hard copy to be sent. More than 45,000 people have completed their tefl certification course over the last 30 years. You can get job placement in exciting and unique countries like Myanmar. I would highly recommend signing up for their tefl certification course if you are short on time and can’t afford to spend $1,600 or more on one of the in person courses .

I believe they are one of the better companies out there and if you are going to Japan with NOVA then you will be relieved to know that NOVA accepts My Tefl . Good Luck and don’t over think your decisions!

I would maybe include 20 hours of classroom practice time .
Ben

120 Hour TEFL Certification

I recently completed the myTEFL 120 Hour course. I found the course to be excellent in terms of quality and value and I recommend the course to all of those wishing to pursue a career in the EFL industry. The course is well broken down and covers all of the areas that new teachers will need to succeed in a teaching role. I feel that the course is beneficial too to those with teaching experience. For myself, I have experience teaching teens and I found the course to be excellent as it gave me significant insights into effective ways to teach adults. I particularly like the regular tests at the end of each topic to ensure that understanding is there before progressing to the next level. Also the fact that you can work at your pace has been extremely useful to me as I am currently travelling. Thanks myTEFL!

Permanent access to the resources available on the website.
Carlos Francisco

MyTefl is by far the best online option to get your TEFL Certificate

I studied with MyTefl last year and I must say the experience was delightful. The course contents were insightful and useful. I had previously taken TEFL courses with other schools and they were not as practical and insightful as this one.

The modules were easy to understand and I think that providing students with constant testing really pays off because you can remember the recently learned material quickly and accurately.

Upon completion of the course my income went up by roughly 20%, and I was able to hone in on my syllabus creation

I have gladly recommended the course to other teachers since I finished, I also need to mention that customer care is swift, warm and friendly. This has been one of the best learning experiences ever! Thank you MyTefl!

I was absolute delighted with the contents. For lack of a better answer I would not change anything.
George

Good Value at myTEFL.com

I recently completed the myTEFL 120 Hour course and enjoyed it very much. Despite having 24 years of full-time experience teaching adult ESL, I learned a lot and recommend the course to veteran or aspiring teachers. The testing after each section allowed regular review of subject matter, and the price for the course was also only about half what it is some other places. Veteran teachers who've spent most of all their careers teaching beginning levels will be amazed, though not overwhelmed, by the structure and nomenclature of advanced grammar. I do prefer teaching adults at the beginning levels 1 & 2 where we can concentrate on life skills and everyday communication. Nevertheless, I look forwarding to reviewing the past perfect continuous and other less-used tenses and figuring out how I'd teach them using timelines and other examples.

I'd like to have permanent access to the myTEFL online library.
Rebekah

The right choice

Ive been looking to teach English abroad for a few months now after traveling solo to Morocco. As soon as I heard about teaching overseas, most employers required either teaching experience or a TEFLA. I'm a recent college graduate who studied business and works in finance. So you can imagine, teaching English is not on my resume. I realized the best thing for me to do is get the TEFLA. I'm glad I picked myTEFL because I was unsure of what sites were legit and this one had good reviews. The reviews were right! This is a legit TEFL certification and it has a reasonable price compared to other companies. The staff is super nice and the courses were challenging but not too hard. Also, the format was easy to understand and the grades are always available to view. If your unsure of what online course to take, myTEFL is a great choice.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Submitting the tests for a score. Or viewing my final scores for each area.
Aaron

Fantastic Course

I chose the MyTEFL course basically to gain more knowledge in getting started with teaching English as a foreign language. The course was so much more than what I initially expected based on the fact that their was so many resources within the lessons as well as the website library to assist in learning. The tests were quite challenging as well and helpful for me as I thought I already knew this type of subject matter well. As it turned out their was so much new information for me to learn that made me certainly proud of myself when I complete the course.

They truly set you up for the best possible position to be in with your TEFL certificate. Before I had even finished the program they were helping me find jobs all over the world. To this day they are always a reference of mine when applying for teaching positions. I could not be an English teacher abroad without their help.

Everyone here is writing these kind words about MyTEFL because they are the real deal. There is no shilling involved. It is based purely on our positive experiences of the program. If you have any inkling of interest in living and working abroad and earning a teaching English certificate, then jump on this opportunity!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve racking moment was finding out how I have done on each test after every unit because studying the required information was an enlightening and informative experience.
Tom

Thanks, MyTEFL

I recently embarked on a MyTEFL course with the hopes of securing a job teaching English overseas. The course was cohesive, logical and paced in a way that made sure you learned what you needed to, in order to effectively teach English as a foreign language. From the great guidelines, tips and pointers for actually being in the class (looking at student motivation and outcomes) to extensive resources around how to actually teach reading, writing and speaking, the course also had some rigorous grammar and sentence structure theory thrown in, making me feel well supported, confident and ready to teach English abroad. The great thing was it could all be done at your own pace. I learned a lot! Great value for the amount of teaching instruction you get.

Alex

An Excellent Introduction into the ESL Field

I quite enjoyed my time studying the course and going through it. I was always eager to take notes and, on top of that, I found the lessons to be very useful. The program itself is cheaper than most and for what it is it's pretty good.

I would only include the use of videos in the course. Not that it isn't fine without them, but I feel that visual knowledge would've been just as useful here. Aside from that, I'm all for more knowledge of the technical know-how when it comes to using computers to, say, make your teaching schedule. But I understand that can be learned on the job. Even so, this would've streamlined things far more effectively for the taker of the course.

Even so, the course was fast and efficient, depending on your speed. Challenging enough that it gave me a run for my money at times, but otherwise, the academic level is where it needs to be.

I'm hoping that others will use myTEFL.

As for how this program can be improved, I would add videos to help with the lessons. I think visual images would stick more with the students of the course. Aside from that, I got nothing.
Elizabeth

Powerful, Professional Potential! :)

The 120 Hour Professional myTEFL Certification was extremely comprehensive. It offers a wide variety of lessons, materials, and plans towards understanding, comprehension, and knowledge.
The support team and tutors are extremely helpful and supportive with any questions I had.
I highly recommend this level of Professional Certification to anyone who wants to broaden their knowledge, themselves and support others in their learning and growth.

I wholeheartedly give this Course a 5 out of 5! I recommend it to ANYONE and EVERYONE who loves to learn and share!

Thank you myTEFL for your professionalism, your guidance and your support throughout this journey!

I would definitely do this Course again and share my experience with anyone who is curious about this program and course.

Truly there is nothing that I can honestly think of that would need to be improved in this Program.

Staff Interviews

About myTEFL

MyTefl is all about providing practical, effective & affordable TEFL solutions for people looking to start a career teaching abroad. Our courses focus on the skills, techniques and management methods you will actually use in class. Our friendly...