myTEFL: 120 Hour Professional TEFL Course

myTEFL: 120 Hour Professional TEFL Course

Do you want to be a superstar EFL Teacher? To maintain Zen in an avalanche of convoluted grammar queries, tardy slips, wall to wall electronic whiteboards, a raucous class of Twitter loving tweens, uncooperative photocopiers and that student who'll never open her mouth (or never close it)? Then our 120 Hour Professional Course is perfect for you.

This Course includes modules on Learners, Classroom Management, Teaching Approaches, Teaching & Practice of the 4 Skills, Course Book Selection & Use, Multimedia & Technology in the Classroom, Curriculum Planning, Lesson Planning, Grammar, Testing and even more. Sound daunting? It's not. Our courses are designed to be 'student friendly', and our Tutors are also very student friendly!

When you are done, you will be ready for almost anything a classroom can throw your way, with a shiny new TEFL Certificate and a Letter of Recommendation to prove it!

For every course enrolled myTEFL makes a donation to a worthy charity. Visit our website for more information.

• Accredited and practical course loved by employers and students
  • Job placements (the original) for life
  • Accepted by foreign governments for work visa applications
  • Socially responsible company that makes a donation for every course enrolled
  • Get certified & employed for under $300. No other fees.
North America » Canada » Vancouver

Jurita
Japan
University of Toronto

JET taking myTEFL

Unlike most people who took this course for working abroad, I was already working as an English teach in Japan under the JET programme when i started the course. To me the 120 hours of myTefl was a great help in allowing me to not only improve the way I teach but it also allowed me to think on the problems that I have already experience in my classes. It opened up a lot more options for me in regards to teaching abroad for both adults and children. It has also lead me to think about the numerous teaching opportunity in other countries. The in depth lessons, which covers a wide range of knowledge helped in reinforcing and expanding on the knowledge that i already have as well as helping me in creating better lesson plan for my students.

None

Pamela
Canada
University of Toronto

Quick and easy TEFL certification

I chose myTEFL to get my TEFL certification mainly because they had the student discount (50% off their courses) but I was not disappointed! The modules are easy to understand, relevant, and taught me the necessary skills to teach English as a foreign language. The tests were reading comprehension based, but you do have to actually pay attention to the readings to score high marks. I like how myTEFL allowed me to do the modules at my own pace and gave me the flexibility to choose when and where I wanted to work on my course. The website and dashboard are hassle-free to use and very simple to navigate which helps a lot. I am particularly happy that many of the materials the modules mentioned are available for download in the library, something that I will for sure utilise when I go teach!

Maybe some inclusion of demonstrative videos on how to teach would be nice.

Rovi
Philippines

Best avenue to get TEFL certified

The best thing about myTELF I guess is the user-friendly format of the lessons. Unlike other online courses, myTELF window is not bombarded with too many information which tend to overwhelm the learners. Rather, it creates an ambiance which help learners relax and just enjoy the learning process. Furthermore, the quizzes in each section motivate the learners to focus on the lessons and retain information. And ofcourse the staff! They're all very friendly and reply immediately to queries. :)

Make the the course more interactive by incorporating graphics and videos.

Krista

MyTefl: Superb and Commendable

Do you want to be an EFL teacher and have an itchy feet to explore the world--BUT, do not know where to start?

Start with MyTefl.net!

An In-Depth Course
MyTefl experience was incredible. I didn't know that the 120-hour course was that comprehensive. I learnt a lot from the basic know-hows of teaching down to the most advanced. Yes, it's comprehensive, yet easy to understand. It makes sure you're a fully equipped EFL teacher at the end of the course.

Easy Access
I also loved how they upgraded their web page with easier access by merely using smartphone or any device with web browser. Wish to view your progress including the specific modules and the exams you still need to take? You can now do so. You also have the option to view your mark anytime, so you can keep track of your performance.
(Funny that at first, I was in a hurry to finish it to get my cert; but, soon as I neared towards the last lesson, I felt I'd miss studying a lot that I didn't want it to end yet.)

Fantastic Staff
What's also commendable about MyTefl is the the staff, especially Ms. Tina (thank you). She had been there for me from the day one until I already have in my hand the hard copy of my cert. Anytime you need help or if you have queries, you can beep them and they will immediately respond. I never felt I was alone studying, 'cause I knew they're just on standby in case I'd be needing guidance of any sort.

MyTefl truly has been a big blessing for me as I start my career in the EFL world.
Now, I can say I am more confident to teach English and explore the world.

Need I say more? I highly recommend MyTefl.net! Xx

Lauren
Tacoma, WA, USA
Southern Oregon University

Great experience completing my 120 hour TEFL certificate!

This course made it easy and affordable for me to obtain my 120-hour TEFL certificate in order to teach overseas. The format was easy to use since it was just clicking through slides on their website and then answering a corresponding quiz for each section. I wish they offered some kind of hard copy of the course for download, or even purchase, because I used a lot of my time copying and pasting the material into a document that I could save for future reference. I still have not used their job placement services so I can't speak about their effectiveness but I am looking forward to using MyTEFL and other websites to find a position, hopefully teaching in South Korea. One thing that they get an A+ for is responsiveness - they were always extremely quick to answer my questions! Usually I would ask questions through the web chat that pops up on the website and they would answer right away; if they didn't answer the chat then they would always e-mail me to follow up. I highly recommend MyTEFL for getting your TEFL certificate!

STEVE
Torrance, CA. USA
Art Center College of Design

A great place to learn

I first heard about MyTEFL on the website 2Monkeys Travel Blog. I have been seeking a means to travel and gain more income along the way. The idea of teaching English seemed a natural choice for me and a great way of experiencing travel in a completely new light. I was bit nervous about the course, even though I am a native English speaker, but it is designed in an excellent user-friendly format, it is quick, easy to use, and makes learning fun. You can study at your own pace and test results are instantaneous. It also has outstanding support staff or coaches to help with any questions or concerns you might have.

The MyTEFL course is very thorough, I learned quite a lot, and gained more confidence in teaching English aboard as a result. MyTEFL is filled with insight about employment, visas, and job placement information too. I highly recommend taking the 120-hour course at MyTEFL and obtaining a certificate, for the rewards are invaluable, and the opportunities are limitless as you travel the world learning different cultures and teaching English. MyTEFL has opened a whole new door of exploration and employment for me. Thank you!

The program is excellent as it is, no changes need to be done.

Jeff
Laguna Woods, CA USA
San Francisco State University

Great Course and Value

MyTEFL was a joy to work through, and I actually learned a ton more than I expected. I enjoyed the online aspect, which allowed me to finish the various modules at my convenience. It is a very curated experience -- you cannot skip ahead to a future module, for instance, and must complete things in the order presented (which is probably a good thing as each new module tends to build on previous modules) -- and the class took me about three weeks. I appreciated the support and the online app's ease-of-use, and I would definitely recommend the class to anybody looking to get an online TEFL cert.

Sagar
Lalitpur

Assistance from staffs

I liked the course very much but what I liked most is the staffs who were very supportive, flexible and ready to help anytime. I did 40 hours online course and had the greatest online learning experience.
At the beginning I was in a sort of dilemma on how to use the course but the guidance provided by the staffs online never failed to impress me by satisfying all my queries. Even in the midst of the course, when I didn't have any idea about the assessment of my tests, I would simply ask the person online who would give me detailed information required. It helped me to move on with the course with great confidence. Thank you Mytefl !!! You're the best!!!

If personal tutors were more communicative, I would be great.

Sagar
Lalitpur, Nepal

Assistance from staffs and the course format.

I really loved the overall course which was written in a precise manner and the questions were precise too. Most of all, the assistance from the staffs online was of great help. They guided me on the use of the course and satisfied all of my curiosities and confusions related to the course.

I also liked the fact that you can still review on what you had learnt even after the course is completed for recharging yourself with the knowledge you had received e.g. you can review on classroom management skills based lessons right before you go for teaching your class. It will help you to know what you have successfully accomplished and what you need to work on. All in all it was a great experience. Blessed to have joined MyTEFL!!!

Personal tutors could become more responsive.

Princess
Lucena City

A Non-Native speaker

One of the problems in finding a job as an English teacher is being a non-native speaker. I am from the Philippines, discouraged in finding a job as an English teacher abroad. I thought I won't be able to achieve my dream but thanks to MyTEFL I'm now soon flying to Vietnam to be an English teacher. MyTEFL helped me a lot, with reliable resources and the staffs really helped me with everything. Thank you MyTEFL for a great impartation of knowledge and support.

None so far. It's really good and helpful.

Uygar
Lampang

One of the Most Useful and Great Experiences in My Career!

I'm very glad that I took this 120 hours TEFL Course from MYTEFL.com. Thanks to one of my friends for advising me to take this course as she was pretty satisfied with taking it before. It was super easy to use the website and I did like it a lot. I didn't only get a certificate which is very valuable for hundreds of schools in many countries, I also learned lots of key points in teaching although I have been teaching for more than six years! Very special thanks to the staff members also. Whenever I needed help or wondered about something, they were there and answered me quickly. I also got a 35 percent discount which was quite a big one. Plus, they offered me so many payment options, so I could choose the most suitable one for me. At the moment, I am a teacher in Thailand but sooner or later, I am planning to move to another country and this valuable certificate is coming with me in order to make me feel safer and stronger when I will be looking for new opportunities.

I cannot see anything to be improved. everything looks so handy to use. :)

Rochelle
Philippines

MyTefl brings me closer to my dreams.

I was actually conflicted about wanting to fulfill my dreams to travel the world, and the fear of losing my stable job, when I found 2Monkeys Travel Blog. That's when I realized that there's nothing to fear if you're committed to your dreams. Teaching English will be a great opportunity for me to travel and at the same time inspire other people, especially young children. So I took the first step and enrolled myself in a MyTefl course. At first I thought it's going to be hard for a non-native English speaker like me but their support staff and tutor are very helpful and they answer your questions immediately. It also taught me complex parts of English that I hadn't learned in school or through experience of using the English language. I could study at my convenience, plus I could see how well I was doing on the course. Every section that I finished increased not only my knowledge but also my confidence in using the English language. I now feel that I have the capability to be an English teacher.

So I must say that my experience with MyTefl brings me closer to my dreams. Being a non-native English speaker, having a TEFL certificate, and your determination will get you to your dreams. Teaching English will not only let you travel the world, but it also gives you the chance to touch and be a part of other people's lives - and that is what I want to fulfill. I am forever grateful to be a MyTefl Certified English Teacher.

I can't think of any right now. This program is great!

Donnalyn
Quezon City, Philippines

I learned and enjoyed it.

At first, I thought the lessons would go boring but as I go from lesson to lesson, I enjoyed it and I really learned a lot. My tutor was very helpful and responded to my queries all the time. Studying the course in MyTEFL made me more excited to travel and teach in other countries. Thank you very much, MyTEFL!! I would really recommend this website to my friends who also want to be TEFL certifide.

They should put recent photos on their illustrations.

July Marie
United Arab Emirates

Want to see places? Enrol with MyTefl!

I found MyTefl.net on 2Monkeys Travel Blog. It was a perfect opportunity as I am looking for add-on income. I just started the course but I must say, they have an amazing support! I emailed Coach Andrew with some question and he responded quickly with rationales. Somehow it lifted my spirits as I am confident that even if I am just doing the course online, he is just a few clicks away! Can't recommend MyTefl.net enough!

FYI: I have rated 1 on job assistance as I have not finished the course yet :)

Oh it would be lovely if there is a play button, too as I love to hear more than read. I shall be back with the photos when I start teaching!

Inumerable

Best Decision Ever

I started traveling this year, and I realised that teaching English is something that I really would like to do. So I went on to research the best way I can get a TEFL certificate and I found mytefl. I took the 120 hour course and it has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. It made me more confident and capable of sharing my love and knowledge to students who are learning English. Their staff is always ready to help too!

I cant really think of any! Mytefl is that good.

Maya
Morgantown, West Virginia

My Review

As much as I love my home in the beautiful Appalachian Mountains of the United States I have always had what some call 'itchy feet' and a wandering soul. I am always in anticipation of seeing other parts of the world and learning from what they have to offer. It is my belief that the more immersion you have to various environments and cultures in the world, the more you truly understand and appreciate it.

I saved my last semester of schooling to study abroad. If course, my scholarship would only accept certain locations so I simply asked, 'well, where can you send me?'.

So, I spontaneously started a journey to Botswana, Africa where some of the best friendships of my life were formed with amazing people from all over the world. I fell in love with the environment, the people, and entirely unexpectedly I feel in love with one person in particular half way around the world from where I was born.

Just over a year ago today, and after a lot of denial and pretending that we could go our separate ways like responsible adults at the end of my journey, we are still together 12,000 miles apart. We've gone through a lot of researching on what to do next to start our lives together, visa applications, work permits and all sorts of other delightful paperwork that makes you question if you even understand English at all or if the forms are in fact written in gibberish.

I took a lot of time researching TEFL companies looking for the most affordable, legitamized, accredited 120 hour course companies. After a lot of comparing, my boyfriend and I chose myTEFL because it offered a 120 hour online course that was affordable and had a job coordinator to help you after you completed the course.  The company offered me a student discount as a recent graduate and most importatly to us, allowed us to sign up with a 'buddy' program discount which helps you get placed together.  I am usually very wary to say I have recieved 'great customer service' from companies as it seems the whole world loves a good scam now a days but even I have to admit that every single person I have emailed or talked to from myTEFL blows my mind with how helpful, happy, and quick to respond they are. (Knock on wood, I know).

In about 2 months we completed the course and talked with our job coordinator, Tyler. Did we mention he is the man? So informative, chill and patient.  We are currently looking at Thailand and Taiwan and cannot wait to see what adventures the future holds.

Thank-you for opening new doors for us myTEFL.
Happy journeys and wander well!

I honestly would not choose to change much about the program. Videos of TEFL teachers and their students may be a nice addition in between the class modules to exemplify teaching methods. However, it is sometimes difficult to get permission to film students.

Marcela
Toronto, Canada

The best course ever!!!

My experience was excellent. I learn so much in this course that I can even describe how much it was helpful for me.

I will recommend to everyone who wants to become a teacher. This course is really worth it to give a try.

Thank you everyone who helped me make my dream come true!

none

Benny
New Orleans

Brilliant job placement support

I chose to get my TEFL qualification with MyTEFL mainly for the job placement. They have a network of partner schools around Asia, and help all their graduates to find suitable teaching placements which include work visas and great pay (about $2,000 per month).

As I came near to completing my 120 hour course, the team helped me to check visa requirements, prepare me for an online interview and secure a job in Taiwan. 2 months later and i'm about to fly out to begin my life abroad! Thanks MyTEFL

I'm not really sure...

Mary
New Jersey

10/10 - It's worth paying a little extra!

This TEFL course has really helped me to not only become a qualified teacher, but to also understand the industry which I've just entered.

It gave me a lot of insight into the different types of schools around the world, employment requirements and how much to charge for my teaching services.

I now feel like I have all I need to find a job, and teach with confidence. Definitely worth the money!

Laura
NY

Great preparation for teaching

MyTEFL gave me a whole new perspective on teaching. I'm a little embarrassed to say now, but I thought teaching abroad was more about playing games and reading Cat in the Hat. Now I understand how much more to it there is, and it feels good that i'm now trained and prepared - though it did get a little dull after a few weeks of studying ha.

I'll just be totally honest here. A 120 hour course is what you need to meet employment/visa conditions in quite a few teaching destinations. It doesn't sound too bad (and yeah it's not really) but it can get boringgg after a few weeks. But yeah... i'm not sure how you could improve that.

MyTefl is all about providing practical, effective & affordable TEFL solutions for people looking to start a career teaching abroad.

Our courses focus on the skills, techniques and management methods you will actually use in class. Our friendly Tutors love to help with the course,