Professional Online 120 Hour TEFL Certification: Earn Money Teaching English

Do you want to be a superstar EFL Teacher? To maintain zen in an avalanche of convoluted grammar queries, tardy slips, wall to wall electronic whiteboards, a raucous class of Twitter loving tweens, uncooperative photocopiers and that student who'll never open their mouth (or never close it)? Then our 120 Hour Professional Course is perfect for you.

This Course includes modules on Learners, Classroom Management, Teaching Approaches, Teaching & Practice of the 4 Skills, Course Book Selection & Use, Multimedia & Technology in the Classroom, Curriculum Planning, Lesson Planning, Grammar, Testing and even more. Sound daunting? It's not. Our courses are designed to be 'student friendly', and our Tutors are also very student friendly!

When you are done, you will be ready for almost anything a classroom can throw your way, with a shiny new TEFL Certificate and a Letter of Recommendation to prove it!

For every course enrolled myTEFL makes a donation to a worthy charity.

• Accredited and practical course loved by employers and students
  • Job placements (the original) for life
  • Accepted by foreign governments for work visa applications
  • Socially responsible company that makes a donation for every course enrolled
  • Get certified & employed for under $300. No other fees.

The TEFL Certificate

• Benefits 9.7
  • Facilities 9.3
  • Instruction 9.2
  • Difficulty 6.1
  • Job Assistance 8.5
Steven

Superb Online TEFL

After many hours of online research, I’ve come to the conclusion that this is the best online TEFL available right now. I’ve recently graduated university, but am not sure that the typical 9-5 office job is for me. I decided to give teaching English abroad a shot first, but didn’t want to spend thousands on a course in the case that teaching wasn’t for me. The myTEFL online course allowed me to get my feet wet quickly, easily and inexpensively. The reputation, price, and quality of this course can’t be matched. Job placement assistance is also included, which is a major perk. I gladly recommend this online course to those who want to get started quickly and cheaply.

Incorporate video demonstrations
Klara

120h TEFL course

I just completed the 120h TEFL course and was very satisfied with it! The price/ value is really good! I completed it by studying in the evenings, since I had to work and it was totally manageable.
The course suggests so many good and practical exercises that you can actually use in a classroom scenario. You also perfect your grammar skills through this course.
And in case you have any questions the teams gets back to you asap and is always extremely friendly. I’d definitely recommend this course!

JohnDavid

Good!

Course was straight-forward and hit all the necessary points. Helps with both English grammar and teaching strategies and sample lesson structures/activities/etc. Best value with a coupon code. Chat support was also quick to respond and helpful. If you need to get a certification for an English teaching job, I definitely recommend this course. Take a lot of notes for the future! The class touches on all teacher types -- from public school teachers, to private academy, business clients, and others.

Website performance should be improved. Trying to go to a new page took way too much loading time.
Jason

Amazing Support and Job Placement

I completed myTEFL's 120 hour professional course about 4 months ago and have since been working in a government school in Thailand and I absolutely love it!
The course was pretty easy and I was able to complete it with no trouble despite working two jobs at the same time.
What really made myTEFL stand out for me however was the support offered throughout the entire course and even after for the job placement. All my questions were answered promptly and the placement team helped me every step of the way from formatting my resume to giving me tips for the Skype interview.
I would 100% recommend myTEFL for anyone looking to begin a career in teaching abroad!

Ken

Job Assistance is Useless

The best thing about this program is that it gives you a quick TEFL certificate to kick start your teaching career. The actual course itself is straightforward with a quiz at the end of each module. I wish the course was more interactive so information is easier to retain instead of taking boring quizzes at the end of each module. The real kicker, however, is the job assistance which is utterly useless. You are expected to send an introduction video which is standard fare but after that expect to hear little to nothing else about job updates. You are definitely better off going alone and looking for jobs yourself rather then going through their so-called job "assistance."

-Interactive course
-Better job assistance
Response from myTEFL

Hi "Ken",

First off we'd like to apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had with us. We care about all of our students and take their suggestions and critical feedback seriously.

We work with a multitude of employers, and only one of them requests video applications. Going back in our records all of our candidates sent over to them were contacted within 48 hours, and received responses within a week of final application. We reached out to any of our grads who made video applications via our company in an attempt to learn who you might be and help rectify the situation. Unfortunately we aren't able to locate you.

If you do send an email to us, we'd be very happy to connect you with another online employer in order to ensure you find an employer that is a good fit.

I have also forwarded your comments to our management team to take into consideration. We are constantly updating and adding to our course, placement offerings and program options in an attempt to satisfy as many of our students and graduates as possible! We'd love it if you could email us directly with additional feedback on your experiences so we can learn, improve, and grow with the community.

No, I don't recommend
Morgan

Go at your own pace!

myTEFL was fantastic at helping me finish the course at my own speed. I needed to finish quickly in order to get a visa with the People's Republic of China, and the course taught me quite a bit while letting me go at my own pace.

It covers a variety of different topics, and I am looking forward to using the huge resource library as an instructor. In addition to this, I will be able to use the course content itself as a resource in the future.

They offer tutoring as well, which is a valuable resource.

More in depth coverage of some topics might be nice.
Bodhi

MyTEFL Review

MyTEFl provides a quality service training potential EFL teachers to work abroad. The 120 hour course provides a great overview of teaching in a different country as well as in depth instruction on grammar, classroom management, lesson planning, as well as teaching reading, writing and speaking to EFL students.

I recommend taking detailed notes as the modules are designed to build upon the previous lesson. This will enable you to reference a previous module quickly and efficiently.

Melissa

Great Course, good information

I completed the 120-hour Intensive Coursework option. This TEFL course was very easy to navigate; I liked how on the dashboard I was able to see how much progress I made (percentage wise) as well as my overall score.

Support is very helpful and friendly, and I received responses rather quickly.

The information is very thorough and not difficult to comprehend. There are some things such as (parts of speech) that I have not seen in years! I was a little nervous, but it was explained well, and to test your comprehension of the material, there are quizzes after each reading blurb (or section).

I would say this course gives you the foundation to teach abroad. Of course, nothing beats in-classroom experience (which is also an option). For those who work full-time (like me, although I am preparing to teach abroad) I would definitely recommend. You can go at your own pace, and you will have access to the information for about 180 days after you complete it.

Overall, I enjoyed it!

I believe everything is fine.
Sara

Excellent program

An overall amazing experience. The course itself requires dedication but is clear cut. Not only do you learn about teaching English but you start to learn about the importance of being educated to become a great teacher. This program motivated me to go above and beyond and I can’t wait to start my first job. They assist you in the application process when you finish and if you can’t meet TEFLs requirements yet, they help you find other options. I highly recommend this course.

Raquel

Great program

I found myTEFL after having googled "Best online TEFL programs". However, I was still a little hesitant at first since I had already tried earning a TEFL certificate online and later discovered that it was a scam....even after having read a few reviews. My worries were quickly put to easy with myTEFL after having communicated with the staff and picked up on the professionalism and support. The program is very informative, helpful, and has definitely helped me feel more confident as a teacher here in Beijing ,China. And in case you're wondering, iv been having an amazing time out here....no regrets :)

Mateusz

myTEFL recommendation

I highly recommend myTEFL. I completed their TEFL online course and quickly applied for a teaching internship in China, afterwards. The whole process was smooth and professional.
My internship is coming to an end now and what an experience it has been! China has its own charm - once you get caught by it, you'll only want more.
Last, but not least - I got paid for my work in China. There are many companies which requires you to pay ridiculous amounts, just so that you can work for free somewhere. myTEFL is different. They offer real job opportunities.

Matt

Maybe a few videos?
Jacob

Mytefl review

Overall a really good experience! I learned a lot from the course about teaching English. In addition to that teaching in general including a well needed review of some English terms I knew but had forgotten about. You forget how many terms that native speakers use without thinking about and how many terms one needs to review to effectively teach English. The customer service was also amazing and had very knowledgeable quick responses as well. 10/10 for great value.

Maybe having the ability to move around more within the lessons. It's to linear is my only complaint
Johnathan

Great Experience

As I am planning to work abroad teaching English in China, I realized it would be beneficial to have a TEFL certificate. After searching online for several 120 hour TEFL programs, I decided to go with myTEFL and am very satisfied.

This program helped refresh my English grammar and also gave me several new teaching methods.

I look forward to using everything I learned in the classroom teaching students in China.

Thank you myTEFL team.

Jurita

JET taking myTEFL

Unlike most people who took this course for working abroad, I was already working as an English teach in Japan under the JET programme when i started the course. To me the 120 hours of myTefl was a great help in allowing me to not only improve the way I teach but it also allowed me to think on the problems that I have already experience in my classes. It opened up a lot more options for me in regards to teaching abroad for both adults and children. It has also lead me to think about the numerous teaching opportunity in other countries. The in depth lessons, which covers a wide range of knowledge helped in reinforcing and expanding on the knowledge that i already have as well as helping me in creating better lesson plan for my students.

None
Pamela

Quick and easy TEFL certification

I chose myTEFL to get my TEFL certification mainly because they had the student discount (50% off their courses) but I was not disappointed! The modules are easy to understand, relevant, and taught me the necessary skills to teach English as a foreign language. The tests were reading comprehension based, but you do have to actually pay attention to the readings to score high marks. I like how myTEFL allowed me to do the modules at my own pace and gave me the flexibility to choose when and where I wanted to work on my course. The website and dashboard are hassle-free to use and very simple to navigate which helps a lot. I am particularly happy that many of the materials the modules mentioned are available for download in the library, something that I will for sure utilise when I go teach!

Maybe some inclusion of demonstrative videos on how to teach would be nice.

About myTEFL

MyTefl is all about providing practical, effective & affordable TEFL solutions for people looking to start a career teaching abroad.

Our courses focus on the skills, techniques and management methods you will actually use in class. Our friendly...