Professional Online TEFL Certification: Earn Money Teaching English

online tefl courses myTEFL
online tefl courses myTEFL

Do you want to be a superstar EFL Teacher? To maintain zen in an avalanche of convoluted grammar queries, tardy slips, wall to wall electronic whiteboards, a raucous class of Twitter loving tweens, uncooperative photocopiers and that student who'll never open their mouth (or never close it)? Then our TEFL courses are perfect for you.

Our 120, 80, 60 and 40-hour courses include varying modules on Classroom Management, Teaching Approaches, Teaching & Practice of the 4 Skills, Course Book Selection & Use, Multimedia & Technology in the Classroom, Curriculum Planning, Lesson Planning, Grammar, Testing and even more. Sound daunting? It's not. Our courses are designed to be student-friendly, and our tutors are also very student-friendly!

When you're done, you'll be ready for almost anything a classroom can throw your way, with a shiny new TEFL Certificate and a Letter of Recommendation to prove it!

For every course enrolled myTEFL makes a donation to a worthy charity.

• Accredited and practical course loved by employers and students
  • Job placements (the original) for life
  • Accepted by foreign governments for work visa applications
  • Socially responsible company that makes a donation for every course enrolled
  • Get certified & employed for under $300. No other fees.

Get certified to begin your adventure with our online TEFL courses!

Excited to begin your journey but don’t feel like you have the time? Complete your course entirely online making it that much easier to get certified. Browse our online programs today and discover where you can go next!

Popular Programs

This is our most highly recommended course. It is built to provide you with a strong foundation for you to start your English-teaching career. This course is required for students planning to teach in countries that require an internationally accredited TEFL certificate in order to obtain a work permit.

This course teaches about presentations, grammar and phonology, and best practices in order to equip you to teach higher-level classes.

This course is intended for private tutors. Modules include training in classroom management and intermediate teaching skills.

This course covers basics in teaching and classroom management skills.

The TEFL Certificate

• Benefits 9.7
  • Facilities 9.3
  • Instruction 9.5
  • Academic Rigor 7.5
  • Job Assistance 8.9
Bence

Quality Material and Excellent Value

I can only recommend the course, I was a little skeptical first, but I have gained a lot of practical knowledge! I had already been teaching online and face-to-face prior to starting the course, and a lot of areas were eye-opening for me. I like how I was not pressured to complete the course according to any pre-determined schedule and I could go at my own pace. Also, this way I have been able to incorporate the techniques and approaches I learned in my lessons on the go.
The website is really transparent and easy to use, I often went back and forth between the desktop and mobile versions, and both were very easy to follow.

Not much honestly, maybe including some kind of final test could provide the added benefit of in-class courses, e.g. having to record a short video of yourself teaching a lesson using the techniques you learned, the myTEFL staff could then evaluate these and give you some feedback on what to improve, etc.
tara

Great 120hr teaching course

I have just completed the 120 hour teaching course online and I really enjoyed my experience. I felt that I came away with very useful information and skills which I could use whilst teaching abroad. The tests are challenging and the support you receive is great! I'm excited to see what I can do with my TEFL teaching certificate.
I highly recommend this course as it's great value for money and really worth the time. I wouldn't suggest going for a course that is shorter as you do need the time to learn all the things that are required for teaching English abroad.

Less multiple choice questions and more written ones
Meiye

120 hour professional TEFL course review

120 hour professional TEFL course review

I used about one week to complete the course. The overall course design is excellent. It breaks down the TEFL knowledge to several chapters and teaches you in detail. This course compares the different learning and teaching methods of beginners/intermediate/advanced learners. It also helps me reinforce my grammar knowledge. The course content is not hard. The price is cheaper than other TEFL courses website. I believe mytefl courses worth learning. THANK YOU MYTEFL

Asad

Very informative course and genuine organization

The 120 hour looked very intimidating at first with all the lessons however once you begin the course it is easy to work through the material. Personally I am very fond of online courses instead of taking classes which need to be attended because of the convenience. My peers had told me to be careful with online courses however I found the certification from this company is legitimate and accepted with many employers.
The layout of the course was fantastic! I really like the order of the lessons and quizzes which are all quite useful. The course does have tons of useful information which will help you in your career, so I genuinely feel the company cares about your success.
I would recommend this course to anyone exploring TEFL course options.

If i was able to have maybe a cd audio version or mp3 file this mioght be good for your students!
Sharmaine

The 40 hour course was great :)

As a full-time mother of 4 and volunteering part time at the local community center, this course was manageable for me to complete. I managed to sneak in study time in the mornings and afternoons easily. I had the pleasure of speaking to the chat on one occasion and the agent was very sweet. The price was very fair for this course but I do know they have others which are higher. I did not have much difficulty or trouble with any of the teachings which i would attribute to the neat and tidy structure.

Recently I have been doing different programs and also want to make my resume better which I have heard these types of courses are good for. I do not have any plans on teaching overseas due to my family but I am excited to see how this course will help me locally.

I do not feel that there is anything the course needs to improve on.
Daniel

Excellent!

Excellent course! I am highly satisfied with the outcome and the course was delivered in an outstanding fashion! Perfect and I feel highly confident to commence my TEFL career. I would recommend this course to anybody. The discount for students is really good making the education accessible to all and the career support has been second to none. I was highly impressed with course helped Tina who was really supportive and answered all of my questions promptly. I would recommend this course for value for money, content and structure. I do not have any negatives regarding this course and would recommend it to anybody. The quizzes were really helpful in order to retain information. If you are considering this course do not delay, there is a lot of scams out there but this isn't one of them!

Nothing the course was perfect, I would recommend the investment.
Aimane

Amazing TEFL course

Just like every newly graduated student who's eager to work as an EFL teacher, I decided to enroll in mytefl in order to learn about teaching. I found that this course is exactly what I was looking for! Not only does the course provide assitance in terms of what should be taken into consideration while teaching, but it also provides guidance in terms of the best locations to choose as a future teacher and also shows you whether teaching is really the right path for you.
I really enjoyed experiencing the 120 hour course and enjoyed chatting with the staff who were extremely helpful and friendly and answered all my questions and even provided me with helpful documents at times.
I would really recommend mytefl to any one who is considering applying for a tefl course.

Maybe using more media such as videos (but that is relative as many students may not want to use videos and may not have good connection so it depends).
Alex

Valuable Purchase

Great value compared to other online TEFL courses but still covers material in depth. Each lesson is valuable and I thought I knew everything until I started taking the pop quizzes...I soon realised that there was ALOT I had to re-learn. The great part about this course is how convenient it is to study as oppose to learning in class which can be hard to keep up with. On a normal day I was able to study for a few hours comfortably because the lessons are well written and not dry. If you actually take the time to compare prices online you'll notice this course is no doubt the right choice... 5 out of 5 stars for my experience with mytefl.

Have to give kudos to the customer service team for being so awesome and always there for their customers!

Video content would be a nice addition to the already amaziong content
Zouhair

MyTefl, my companion to success

I never thought I’d feel so confident and ready to start my teaching journey until I completed my Tefl course on MyTefl.com.
The course not only targets all ESL teaching aspects and techniques, but also puts a lot of stress on problem areas that teachers find in the beginning of and along their teaching career and thus making them way ahead of other teachers.

The enlightenment I accumulated as I progressed through the course was very overwhelming and encouraging. I feel like I have years of teaching experience due to the guides, advice, tips, etc. The course of MyTefl provides.

I will be everlastingly grateful for the enjoyable yet very instructive journey!

10/10 does not do justice to MyTefl’s customer support. I would rate them more.

Zouhair

The course itself is perfect. I would recommend whoever would like to sign for the program to make sure they have a good grasp of English.
Jorge

Good lessons

I am pleased with this course as after I finished it my knowledge of teaching has become better. There are many useful examples in all the lessons that I learnt. The price is good and lessons are sometimes not very easy as might expect so it is good to pay attention and not to rush. The way it was made is good because I did not get bored easily and sometimes with studying courses online it can be hard to focus. Most of the time I was able to study a few hours each day and finished before 2 weeks. If you did the lessons fast I am sure you can finish sooner but I like to make sure I understand fully each part. I would tell my friends and other people only all good things about this course and am happy that I completed it.

I had 1 conversation through with staff email and they were kind.

I wish the course had some videos in some sections
Samantha

Good course material

I completed this course in about 3 weeks time and must say it was very well designed.

There is a lot of valuable information in this course, and you can apply most of what you learn in a teaching role or similar. I particularly liked the section on grammar structure which i found was challenging but helped me improve my grammar skills. The lessons go into details with examples and your understanding is tested with quizzes after each section.

I had issues with a previous online TEFL course (from another company) which tainted my trust in online courses but after my experience with MyTEFL changed my outlook and restored my faith.

If you have not started a course yet and are debating starting one then my only advise is to enroll with this company!

I wished that I would be able to get some in class experience or a in person demo.
Johnathan

Brilliantly designed

Brilliant introductory course and for its price you can not go wrong. Lots of great information about teaching and how to manager classrooms etc. The course is broken up into manageable sections and after each of these is a small quiz.

I did the course at a very casual pace mostly while commuting to and from work each day as it was easy to access on my tablet or phone. You can complete the course quite fast but I would suggest taking your time as there is tons of valuable information which can really be used in real world settings.

Overall I would say the course had great value and was designed very well. My experience with mytefl was seamless and the staff was helpful when I had any questions.

Thank you to the admin team for being there when I had any questions!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Signing up sooner would have been nice (we all know hindsight is 20/20)
Cindy

Enjoyed eery minute

MyTEFL, thank you. Your 120 hour course was perfect. I enjoyed the self paced structure and found myself looking forward to more lessons. I just recently move to Grand Bahama and wanted something to add to my resume, I'm happy this course was available. Super easy to use, follow and thought provoking. The support materials, in the library section, are super useful and cover all areas of teaching EFL, what a great resource. The MyTEFL staff were quick to respond with any and all questions with answers that were useful to move forward with studying, resume building or job searching. I felt completely supported throughout the whole process and would highly recommend to friends, coworkers and family. I have no doubt that this was the right decision for me and I'm excited for my future working with students all over the world. My only question is, where to I want to go from here? The possibilities are endless.

I would not change anything. I would recommend just the way it is and only wish I had started sooner.
Ivan

Great value course

The course was not only well designed and informative, but it was convenient for me to study on my own time and at a good pace. I tutor part time outside of my regular job and only heard of this course because my colleague who also does tutoring advised me she had taken the same course. She had pointed out the fact that it contained a lot which could be applied in the daily role as a tutor.

I didn't even have to complete the full 40 hour course before I saw the value in the lessons. The whole course was written and put together in a way that it was easy to understand but also challenging with the regular quizzes.

The price point didn't break the bank but the material and resources offered are very handy and useful to anyone in a teaching role.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would perhaps look into enrolling in the 80 hour course
Nicole

Very detailed and educational

The course was very detailed and insightful. After the introduction the course dives into valuable lessons and tips on how to be an effective teacher. This section was especially informative and I found it touched on both the do's and dont's to secure good habits from the start. The course was written with care and along with it being very in depth it also was easy to understand and relate to. I really feel that the course had tremendous value for its price and I have already recommended it to friends!

I loved the fact that the course was accessible through my smartphone and I could still navigate through the pages and quizzes easily. Not mention the great experience I had with the staff at MyTEFL from the moment I decided to enroll in the course, to when I had questions about my next steps following completion.

10/10 rating

An audio version of the same course would be a great addition