ITTT Online TEFL Course

ITTT offers a wide selection of online TEFL courses ranging in length from 60 to 250 hours. Our standard course options include our 60-hour TEFL course and our full 120-hour TEFL certificate course. ITTT’s specialized online courses include our Certificate in Teaching Business English, Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners and our advanced TEFL Diploma course. All courses can be taken with or without tutor support and are internationally accredited.

Studying online gives you the flexibility to study where you want when you want and our low course prices mean that getting qualified to teach English won’t stretch your budget. All graduates will receive an internationally recognized, embossed certificate and lifetime job support. We also offer a combined course option which allows you study the theory online before completing the teaching practice component at one of our centers in Phuket, Barcelona, Rome, New York, London or Paris.

Hello Jake, We offer various payment options like PayPal, wire transfer, Western Union, credit card and even WeChat. The prices you see are all the total prices for the course.
Hello Laura, Yes, you can certainly get certified if you're married with children!
You have to be a minimum of 18 actually. Hope that helps!
It's always good to have a TEFL Certificate even if you don't have a degree. There are some countries that don't need a degree and you can teach with just the TEFL Certificate.

• Benefits 9
  • Facilities 8.3
  • Instruction 9.3
  • Difficulty 7.4
  • Job Assistance 8
Anna

Nice chance to change my life

As for me it is the best conception - to travel and to earn. I was looking for something like this for a long time. At first I was afraid when got the materials. I desided to try (permission to get my money back consoled me). But everyting went good. I successfully pass all units. There were no problems with it. The main difficulty was with the lesson plan. I did it when it was my last try)). Now I`m trying to pass BE and English to young learners. And I`m looking forward to get a job in Europe.

At the last stage I sow the tutors were extremally buisy. May be it would be usefull to inkrease number of teachers.
Eszter Judit

120-hour -Tefl Course

I have just got my certificate after taking part in the 120 - hour Online Tefl Course. I am glad that I have chosen this , it was really worth the price. I struggled with the lesson plan, but with the help of my tutor I managed to do it! I would highly recommend this course to anyone! I am now taking part in the CTBE Course and afterwards my intention is the CTEYL. I got grade A which I am very proud of! I hope to find the perfect job with the help of my TEFL certificate !

Creating a lesson plan during the course, or showing examples of lesson plans -would be useful.
Kamelia

ITTT 120 hours online TEFL

I just completed my 120 hours TEFL certificate, and I am really happy. I have learned a lot from this course, very interesting and informative. I now have a better understanding of how to teach English to non-native speakers. I completed this course in less than a month, with an overall average of 95.83%. The unit tests were very manageable. The lesson plan was a bit challenging, but I was able to succeed in my first attempt. Thanks to ITTT for the wealth of knowledge I have gained from this course. I now look forward to using what I have learned in teaching English to non-native speakers. I hope to gain employment soon to teach English in China.

The only improvement I would suggest is to give us more lesson to practice and evaluate before we submit the final lesson, so we can have more confidence in doing the final lesson plan.
Scott

Well done iTTT!

Translation:
I like to know what are the goals of my student. What motivates them to want to learn a language. I try to discern the language level and abilities of my future students before creating my lesson plans to build on what they already know. I use the ESA method (engage / study / activate) for my class formats. I try to minimize TT (teacher speaking time) and increase STT (student talk time). I always present myself with a smile, enthusiasm and energy, as well as a professional but friendly approach. I appreciate the importance of prompting (thinking about issues) and using the many techniques and approaches available. Games, songs and visual aids play a role in keeping the fun and time flies. I strive to maintain a balance with grammar, structure, verbs, vocabulary, pronunciation and conversation ability.

Original:
J'aime savoir quels sont les objectifs de mon élève. Ce qui les motive à vouloir apprendre une langue. J'essaie alors de discerner le niveau de langue et les capacités de mes futurs étudiants avant de créer mes plans de leçon afin de bâtir sur ce qu'ils savent déjà. J'utilise la méthode ESA (engager/étudier/activer) pour mes formats de classe. J'essaie de minimiser TTT (enseignant temps de parole) et augmenter STT (temps de conversation étudiant). Je me présente toujours avec un sourire, l'enthousiasme et l'énergie, ainsi que d'une approche professionnelle mais conviviale. J'apprécie l'importance de l'incitant (réflexion suscitant des questions) et en utilisant les nombreuses techniques et approches disponibles. Jeux, chansons et aides visuelles jouent un rôle dans le maintien de l'amusement et le temps passe rapidement. Je m'efforce de garder un équilibre avec la grammaire, la structure, les verbes, le vocabulaire, la prononciation et la capacité de conversation.

The largest room in the world is the "room for improvement". But after all is said and done, I would say: "Well done ITTT!"
Giosiana

Helpful course with ITTT

I've just completed the 60-hour basic course. It was the first time I took a course online. The course gave me many practical information about what and how to teach. I also like the games suggestions in lesson 2. I have teaching experience, especially as a volunteer, so I could link what I learned in the course to my experience. This course is very helpful. This certificate will give me more opportunities. Thank you.

Jacqui

Best investment of my life yet

I recently took the 120-hour TEFL course and passed with flying colors! I actually enjoyed taking the online course with ITTT. It's perfect for a working mom like me where I can study in between breaks and or the weekends, practically accessible anytime, anywhere! The units are very detailed and precise. It's easy to follow because it's step-by-step. I'm happy I decided to take the course with ITTT, the tutor was (and still is) very helpful, the videos were also great, it's extra help in understanding the units better. So Thank you ITTT! And thank you to this website, gooverseas.com, the reviews here and my needs helped me decide on ITTT.

Maybe an update on unit 17? Nowadays, CDs are like rarely used anymore. Never used cassette tapes teaching and I've been teaching for almost a decade now. The rest is simply great!
Danny

The best program for teaching English

I have completed my course with ITTT, and I got my certificate. Thanks, ITTT.
With ITTT, you will learn to be the best teacher in teaching English.
With the TEFL certificate from ITTT, you can travel anywhere and teach English, without worry about your financial status. You can enjoin life and share your experience with people all over the world. Isn't that so excited? It is an amazing thing to do in life! people will know about you from all over the world and you will have friends and students from everywhere.

It's the best program.
Ivan

10 years later - 120hr TESOL course

I signed up and paid for a dual course with my wife in 2007 just as I arrived in China for the first time. The school was so desperate to hire that they just enrolled me and I started working right away, even without a proper certificate.
Over the years, I've kept my training in mind and finally took the leap this year recontacting ITTT to take the TEFL-TESOL course. I was not sure what they would say but... after checking in their records, they accepted me for no extra fee!
The course was enjoyable and even now (teaching for a French University), I still managed to learn new things with their course! The ESA is a method I hadn't seen before and it opened a world of new possibilities. The lesson plan creation at the end of the last lesson took me the most time compared to the 20 lessons as I must have spent some 10 hours on it (sending it twice) to satisfy all the criteria.
All in all, I'm quite happy with the course, the challenging side of it and the customer service.

Now, looking forward to doing my complementary course!

I know that times have changed but the back and forth by email, time with a tutor with tutor's comments given after each submission, that was then really a plus to the training. Sad to see that this has now been automated here too...
Linda

Comprehensive Course with Great Value For Money

After I was teaching English in China, I wanted to move to South Korea to advance in my teaching career. In order to get a position in teaching English in Korea, I needed to be TEFL qualified. After a bit of research, I found ITTT's courses and decided to try out their 120-hour online TEFL course with tutor support. I found the material interesting and challenging but was able to pass each test with good marks. After I completed the course, I quickly found a suitable job position in my dream location in Korea! I enjoyed the courses at ITTT so much that I decided to do their two specialized programs also, Business English and Teaching English to Young Learners. I'm very happy with the opportunities I was given after I became TEFL certified by ITTT and can highly recommend their courses.

The video material could be of higher quality.
Chelsea

iTTT's 120-hour TEFL course is the best!

I highly recommend iTTT's 120-hour course. I chose to go without the tutor and videos, and I passed with 94.75% testing rate. I think the videos would have been nice to watch, but I'm on a budget. The mix of of the unit subjects kept the course interesting and easy to "digest." The content was interesting and it was presented very well. I feel like I can walk right into a classroom anywhere in the world and present a fun, effective English class thanks to this course.

I think it's excellent. I wouldn't change a thing.
Heath

Quality study experience with iTTT

A resident of Granada (Spain) for the last ten years, I recently found myself in the fortunate position of receiving guaranteed English teaching work opportunities, via Spanish friends and colleagues. Obviously these offers depended upon me having an appropriate teaching qualification, leading to my initial search for course providers.

Unfortunately the few local providers I could find were either fully booked up for classroom based courses, had ceased to exist for one reason or another, or didn't have courses available for several months. Whilst my initial preference would have been a classroom based course, the need to get started promptly lead to me looking at online course options. After doing a little online research, I happened across iTTT.

I chose the 120 hour TEFL/TESOL course and as someone new to learning teaching methodology, found the course materials to be clear, concise and highly informative. Likewise, the video lessons were also very helpful. Tutor support was prompt and very helpful when required, pointing me in the right direction whenever I had any questions, doubts or uncertainties.

Having now successfully completed the iTTT TEFL/TESOL course, I have been particularly impressed by the teaching resources they have made available, along with the offer of ongoing support and advice, should I ever require it.

Overall, I was initially sceptical about how effective and supportive an online course provider might be, but I have to say, I have been very impressed with iTTT. From how they dealt with my initial enquiries, their support throughout and upon successfully passing my course, the resources and ongoing support they offer which I wasn't expecting. Very good value for money and I feel a lot more confident, as I now take my first steps into English teaching.

Alexey

Great 120-hour TEFL/TESOL online course

I took 120-hour TELF/TESOL course at the end of 2015 and finished it in January 2016. . I've been teaching English for four years now. The price for this course was very competitive, and the materials were fresh and relevant. I had a very positive throughout the entire time and I do not regret taking this course because it really helped me improve my teaching skills. In my opinion, if you want to start your career in teaching English you should take this course as it provides a great overview of grammar, methodology and teaching techniques.

I'd appreciate if they had 24/7 customer support with immediate response.
Eleanor

ITTT 120 HOUR ONLINE COURSE WITH TUTOR SUPPORT AND VIDEOS

I’ve never taught abroad before so I had to think hard to figure out where and how to start. There were a lot who offered TEFL courses but I chose ITTT because of the positive reviews I've seen. I chose the other 120 hour online course to get a free course in teaching Business English in result, the course has a Tutor support which I haven't really used even though it was tempting since the lessons were difficult and challenging but I didn't use it because I'm a self-learner and the videos related to the lessons were very helpful for me to the complete all the unit test. The lessons were detailed especially in how to create a good lesson plan. The course provides teaching ideas and materials that we can use for the students to make them interested in learning English.
This course is perfect for people who have little or no teaching experience like me. I had successfully completed the course last week and I'm just waiting for my certificate and the free course in Teaching Business English. It was a great experience for me as it really cleared up some of my questions & confusions about teaching English grammar and pronunciation. After completing the course, I feel prepared and confident in teaching English.

I'm just waiting for the free course in teaching Business English as they promised in the beginning. There is nothing to change in the program instead they should add more videos similar to unit 10 lesson as it shows how the teacher uses the materials and the way of teaching students.
Trevor

Finished course April 2015

I took the 120 hour online TEFL class with tutor option. The course was very flexible and I was able to do assignments at my own pace. It was very affordable and the lessons were very informative. I would HIGHLY recommend the tutor option. In the beginning I too pondered whether it would be beneficial to spend the extra money. Looking back, I don't know how I would have completed it without their assistance. They always responded via email within 1 day; despite being on the other side of the world from me.

I am a current United States citizen and I have a 4 year degree (B.S. in business). This will be my first time teaching abroad and I plan to either teach in China or Thailand. I have not yet landed a job, but this is solely due to me not being able to leave until the very end of this year. The staff has passed down numerous resources and databases of schools in both countries and I know when the time comes I will have no problem finding a job.

I am a self learner and enjoy learning at my own pace and at my own convenience. It is for these reasons that I would recommend this course to anyone.

I think the difficulty on a couple of the lessons could have been increased. However, the lesson plan at the end requires a component from each of the lessons and is quite difficult if you did not take notes or have a tutor to correspond with. Upon completion of the lesson plan at the end I have confidence in my ability to teach English abroad.
Ray

Good course

I took the 120 hour course with tutor and video support. I found the course to be informative and interesting although a little difficult in parts. The course units flow smoothly and I felt each topic was explained in a clear way. I contacted my tutor a couple of times throughout the course and always received a quick response which was very helpful.

I felt like some feedback on the lesson plans would have been helpful as a specific and detailed lesson plan is required at the end of the course before the course can be fully completed. My only major gripe is that I was promised a free Business English course at the end which I never received any information about.

About ITTT TEFL

Since 1993, ITTT has provided industry-leading TEFL Teacher Training to over 150,000 trainees who are now working in over 40 countries around the world. With a large array of TEFL course options, including online, in-class and combined, ITTT TEFL...