By ITTT TEFL   Reviews (41)   89% Rating

ITTT Online TEFL Course

By ITTT TEFL   Reviews (41)   89% Rating

ITTT offers a wide selection of online TEFL courses ranging in length from 60 to 250 hours. Our standard course options include our 60-hour TEFL course and our full 120-hour TEFL certificate course. ITTT’s specialized online courses include our Certificate in Teaching Business English, Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners and our advanced TEFL Diploma course. All courses can be taken with or without tutor support and are internationally accredited.

Studying online gives you the flexibility to study where you want when you want and our low course prices mean that getting qualified to teach English won’t stretch your budget. All graduates will receive an internationally recognized, embossed certificate and lifetime job support. We also offer a combined course option which allows you study the theory online before completing the teaching practice component at one of our centers in Phuket, Barcelona, Rome, New York, London or Paris.

Teaching Practicum
Training Type
Online
Training Length
60hours
Job Placement
500.00

You have to be a minimum of 18 actually. Hope that helps!
Their "In-Class Courses" offer teaching practice with individuals and groups. Check their website for more information.
None of ittt is live. All lessons are prerecorded teachers giving the lesson followed by a quiz for each chapter. For an extra $50 you have the option to have tutor assistance, which I highly recommen...
The full online course with online tutor does not have any live practice. There are great videos of how to apply a lesson plan in the classroom. I would watch these more than once. The greatest thing...
I believe it is, but I would imagine the experience is quite different. I would have liked to have taken an onsite course, but none were offered in the country where I currently live. I'm happy for th...
All accredited TEFL courses will allow you to teach in all countries around the world.
The course was pretty straight forward and I never required the help of a teacher.
I was actually quite pleased with ITTT TEFL. I am pursuing a Doctorate in Education and I used a number of things I learned in your courses for my doctoral program. I have recommended your program to...
ITTT Online TEFL Course

Rating Values

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Linda
Cheongju, South Korea

Comprehensive Course with Great Value For Money

Overall 10

After I was teaching English in China, I wanted to move to South Korea to advance in my teaching career. In order to get a position in teaching English in Korea, I needed to be TEFL qualified. After a bit of research, I found ITTT's courses and decided to try out their 120-hour online TEFL course with tutor support. I found the material interesting and challenging but was able to pass each test with good marks. After I completed the course, I quickly found a suitable job position in my dream location in Korea! I enjoyed the courses at ITTT so much that I decided to do their two specialized programs also, Business English and Teaching English to Young Learners. I'm very happy with the opportunities I was given after I became TEFL certified by ITTT and can highly recommend their courses.

The video material could be of higher quality.

Chelsea
Alameda, California

iTTT's 120-hour TEFL course is the best!

Overall 10

I highly recommend iTTT's 120-hour course. I chose to go without the tutor and videos, and I passed with 94.75% testing rate. I think the videos would have been nice to watch, but I'm on a budget. The mix of of the unit subjects kept the course interesting and easy to "digest." The content was interesting and it was presented very well. I feel like I can walk right into a classroom anywhere in the world and present a fun, effective English class thanks to this course.

I think it's excellent. I wouldn't change a thing.

Heath
Granada, Spain

Quality study experience with iTTT

Overall 10

A resident of Granada (Spain) for the last ten years, I recently found myself in the fortunate position of receiving guaranteed English teaching work opportunities, via Spanish friends and colleagues. Obviously these offers depended upon me having an appropriate teaching qualification, leading to my initial search for course providers.

Unfortunately the few local providers I could find were either fully booked up for classroom based courses, had ceased to exist for one reason or another, or didn't have courses available for several months. Whilst my initial preference would have been a classroom based course, the need to get started promptly lead to me looking at online course options. After doing a little online research, I happened across iTTT.

I chose the 120 hour TEFL/TESOL course and as someone new to learning teaching methodology, found the course materials to be clear, concise and highly informative. Likewise, the video lessons were also very helpful. Tutor support was prompt and very helpful when required, pointing me in the right direction whenever I had any questions, doubts or uncertainties.

Having now successfully completed the iTTT TEFL/TESOL course, I have been particularly impressed by the teaching resources they have made available, along with the offer of ongoing support and advice, should I ever require it.

Overall, I was initially sceptical about how effective and supportive an online course provider might be, but I have to say, I have been very impressed with iTTT. From how they dealt with my initial enquiries, their support throughout and upon successfully passing my course, the resources and ongoing support they offer which I wasn't expecting. Very good value for money and I feel a lot more confident, as I now take my first steps into English teaching.

Alexey
Moscow

Great 120-hour TEFL/TESOL online course

Overall 9

I took 120-hour TELF/TESOL course at the end of 2015 and finished it in January 2016. . I've been teaching English for four years now. The price for this course was very competitive, and the materials were fresh and relevant. I had a very positive throughout the entire time and I do not regret taking this course because it really helped me improve my teaching skills. In my opinion, if you want to start your career in teaching English you should take this course as it provides a great overview of grammar, methodology and teaching techniques.

I'd appreciate if they had 24/7 customer support with immediate response.

Eleanor
Philippines

ITTT 120 HOUR ONLINE COURSE WITH TUTOR SUPPORT AND VIDEOS

Overall 9

I’ve never taught abroad before so I had to think hard to figure out where and how to start. There were a lot who offered TEFL courses but I chose ITTT because of the positive reviews I've seen. I chose the other 120 hour online course to get a free course in teaching Business English in result, the course has a Tutor support which I haven't really used even though it was tempting since the lessons were difficult and challenging but I didn't use it because I'm a self-learner and the videos related to the lessons were very helpful for me to the complete all the unit test. The lessons were detailed especially in how to create a good lesson plan. The course provides teaching ideas and materials that we can use for the students to make them interested in learning English.
This course is perfect for people who have little or no teaching experience like me. I had successfully completed the course last week and I'm just waiting for my certificate and the free course in Teaching Business English. It was a great experience for me as it really cleared up some of my questions & confusions about teaching English grammar and pronunciation. After completing the course, I feel prepared and confident in teaching English.

I'm just waiting for the free course in teaching Business English as they promised in the beginning. There is nothing to change in the program instead they should add more videos similar to unit 10 lesson as it shows how the teacher uses the materials and the way of teaching students.

Trevor
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
North Carolina State University

Finished course April 2015

Overall 9

I took the 120 hour online TEFL class with tutor option. The course was very flexible and I was able to do assignments at my own pace. It was very affordable and the lessons were very informative. I would HIGHLY recommend the tutor option. In the beginning I too pondered whether it would be beneficial to spend the extra money. Looking back, I don't know how I would have completed it without their assistance. They always responded via email within 1 day; despite being on the other side of the world from me.

I am a current United States citizen and I have a 4 year degree (B.S. in business). This will be my first time teaching abroad and I plan to either teach in China or Thailand. I have not yet landed a job, but this is solely due to me not being able to leave until the very end of this year. The staff has passed down numerous resources and databases of schools in both countries and I know when the time comes I will have no problem finding a job.

I am a self learner and enjoy learning at my own pace and at my own convenience. It is for these reasons that I would recommend this course to anyone.

I think the difficulty on a couple of the lessons could have been increased. However, the lesson plan at the end requires a component from each of the lessons and is quite difficult if you did not take notes or have a tutor to correspond with. Upon completion of the lesson plan at the end I have confidence in my ability to teach English abroad.

Ray
Dublin, Ireland
Dublin Institute of Technology

Good course

Overall 7

I took the 120 hour course with tutor and video support. I found the course to be informative and interesting although a little difficult in parts. The course units flow smoothly and I felt each topic was explained in a clear way. I contacted my tutor a couple of times throughout the course and always received a quick response which was very helpful.

I felt like some feedback on the lesson plans would have been helpful as a specific and detailed lesson plan is required at the end of the course before the course can be fully completed. My only major gripe is that I was promised a free Business English course at the end which I never received any information about.

Mariana
Lima-Peru
Peru State College

Great Information and a guide for English teachers

Overall 8

Hi, everyone, I took the TESOL and TEFL training with ITT the 120 hours course and since the first material I got I had acces to a very important information for me as a teacher, for just the second Unit I had in my hands a very cleared information about the function of each word in English speech so I was thrilled. I want to say that I highly recommend this course, I learned about methodologies, strategies, techniques to apply with my students in a very well summarized material which had the necessary points to start my path as an English teacher.
Although I just have to say that I'm not a native speaker of English but I consider myself well experienced in the English field to say that, we latinamerican teachers can also travel abroad and be well ambassadors of the English language, so I was really surprised when all the requisits for teaching English abroad that promoted my course were only for native speaker, I was kind of dissapointed of that. It seems that we have to find our own way in the Teaching Abroad Path.Thank you so much for everything.

Well I took the course with video and tutor, I would say the video part for me wasn't very necessary and sometimes would be a repetition of what's on the written units, and also I consider that student could make their own research about the subjects they're learning, so I would have prefer to have paid less for the course because the extra paid I did wasn't really necessary fo me.

Gareth
China
University of South Africa

TEFL 120 hours

Overall 8

The TEFL 120hour course is a user friendly program me and the videos are succinct and cover the main areas in sufficient depth.As a first language speaker it helped me to realize how much we take for granted.It is only when you are faced with teaching English as an additional language that you realize how difficult it is to explain concepts at this level.The course taught me a lot about the fundamentals of English that have become very rusty.The suggested activities are very helpful,varied and encourage participation by the students.

More attention could be given to the structure and expectations of the lesson plans.More practical lesson observations showing the teaching of the difficult concepts.

Mandy
Nicaragua

Good basic beginner course

Overall 6

This course was very basic and great for beginners or those new to teaching. The lessons are simple and direct and easy to complete. I liked how I could complete each lesson in about an hours time. It has always been difficult for me to study online but this course made the information clear and simple. I would have liked more practical examples of lesson plans to have more practice in formulating my own or to see how others do it, as that is the biggest challenge I face.

The videos in this program could be improved. They are not very interactive or practical, simply a review of what you have already studied. It would be great if they were examples of how to put into practice in a real classroom setting as an instructor. There were very few of those videos.

Roman
Malaysia
American Film Institute

Great Experience

Overall 10

Thanks for the support I had a great experience and the course materials are very useful Now I able to utilize all the information I have learned from the materials, the way was the materials was written are all easy to understand and I am able to clearly understad what points that I dont understand when im reading other books of grammar. thanks.. keep it up and more power

more videos of phonology and pronunciation

Great Experience
Luca
Germany

TEFL 60 hours online course

Overall 8

I have completed the course yesterday. I found the contents useful. Especially the practical examples. I was able to follow the lessons easily, I enjoyed the material and the fact that I could keep a copy of the units for future reference.

More specific examples. Maybe based on different countries.
Substantial connections with job offers.

Craig
Japan

120 Hour Online Course with Tutor support

Overall 9

Though I am a teacher with a little experience and the course is primarily designed for people with no experience and little to no prior knowledge of language teaching, I found this course to be very comprehensive in getting someone prepared for TEFL/TESOL.
The course's quality, approach and perspective helps people like me because there are units that are great review, there are also new things to be learned and practiced, and reminders of existing weaknesses we may have. The course itself and the teaching ideas offer a solid foundation for inspiration and personal improvement. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to get started. I also recommend it to those with some language teaching experience to get some review because sometimes our work environment might channel our teaching techniques in a particular direction and make our approach less broad or flexible, and we therefore need to assess our strengths and weaknesses.

My suggestion is similar to one I've already seen for the courses with tutor support.
The task sheets are good assignments and very relevant to their respective units. There is a lot of lesson planning required through the course, but there is no way for the student to get any feedback for their assignments and lesson plans; especially the lesson plans which are based on sample worksheet content provided as part of the study unit.
I think it would be excellent for the student if all of the task sheets could be assessed, but even two or three assessments spaced through the course would make the course better than it already is. I think more than one assessment would help to keep students motivated and on track as it would set clear time and study achievement goals, and improve iTTT's already high reputation.

Vincient
Oregon
Walden University

Great Courses

Overall 9

I've completed the basic 120-hour course and the course in teaching business English. Both curriculums were excellent. This courses actually helped me in my doctoral program in adult education.
Vincient Cleamons

Give more help and directions for the final lesson plan.

Kimberly
Oregon, but headed overseas to China
Stanford University

A great program!

Overall 9

This was an excellent program for someone who is desiring a TESOL/
TEFL certificate and has had little to no experience. The layout, organization, presentation, explanation, and examples were very well done. It was all easy to follow and complete. And the additional helps (lesson plans, connections, job searching, etc.) after completion of the course were an added plus. I have done quick of bit of TESOL teaching but never acquired a certificate. I found this course a good review and solidification, and a relatively painless way to get the certificate I desired. Thank you ITTT for a job well done.

I would've have liked to have been able to do more than 3 lessons per day.

Marina
Chisinau, Moldova

Business Course 50 hours

Overall 10

I took the Business Course after I had finished TESOL course a while ago and I wanted to continue with the same group of professionals that I had worked before so I applied for Business Course and Teaching Children. I have just finished Business, and I feel much more confident before I could start my group of Business this semester. Thank you! Looking forward to starting the next course!

It is good in its own way.

Maria
Atlanta, GA
Saint Leo University

120-hour TEFL/TESOL with Video and Tutor Support

Overall 9

I was at first very skeptical of using an online course for TEFL training; however, the costs of classroom instruction were far out of my budget. As a native English speaker and student of foreign languages myself, I have sought teaching English as a way to help others learn the English language the way in which I have learned foreign languages. The 120-hour TEFL course offered by ITTT has been very comprehensive and often times provides cumulative knowledge from start of the course to the end. Starting from little to no knowledge of the field to completing the course, my confidence in my knowledge and ability to teach have skyrocketed, and I am very happy I chose to talk this online course.

If there was a way to submit responses to the task sheets or at least to submit lesson plans throughout the course for feedback, this would be the perfect course. The layout of the course already facilitates learning in a well-rounded way, especially with the video instruction; however, I believe it would be very beneficial for all ITTT's students to have the option of receiving feedback steadily throughout the course on top of the tests that are already required.

Wilton
Sao Joao da Boa Vista - Sao Paulo - Brazil

120 hour course

Overall 10

I have been working as an English Teacher in Brazil for 14 years and one of my goals is always to do my best to keep myself up-to-date concerning teaching methods and the language itself. Then, I chose this course hoping to have some fresh ideas. I got it!
The course is well-designed, dealing with the reality we teachers face on a daily basis.
I strongly recommend it!

Maybe, include more videos to be studied showing do's and don'ts in a classroom.

Roald
Centurion, South Africa

Excellent course

Overall 10

I enjoyed the course although I was surprised that it was more challenging than expected which is a very good thing. Online courses are often watered down and easy to complete while this one makes you think and work and you actually learn something. This course has a lot of practical applications for many of the more challenging theoretical topics. I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking to teach English abroad.

aser
Cairo, Egypt

I took the 120 hour online tefl course with no tutor support

Overall 8

I found the course pretty convenient and easy, it covered most of the major grammer points in the English language in a clear yet detailed approach and it included quite usufel information about how to deal with different cultures, age groups and language command levels inside a classroom along with how to make the classroom a fun and entertaining teaching enviroment through using various activities rather than just a usual boring language class. The online system throughwhich i studied and filled in my tests was very convenient, clear and had no techincal issues. The lesson plan was a practical implementation of all the knowledge gained during the course and it's feedback was constructive and clear.

I could be further imporved through including more tricky and indirect questions in the tests.

Sebastian
Toronto, Canada

120 hours course

Overall 10

I have only good words to say about my tutor and TTT's staff. Both, have replied to me in less than 24 hours by e-mail. As far as the course is concern, despite its simplicity, it's a very logical, concise and enjoyable program for any non-native English speaker, considering a teaching career. I highly recommend this course! ... Sebastian.

Julia
Spain
Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia

250hours TESOL course on line

Hi,
I found this course quite helpful and as good as many others which where not offered on line but with tutor. Studying at my own peace is what have made it possible for me to keep studying.
The experience has been great and really interesting. So much that I did the young learners course too and I am considering to take the business one in order to complete the specialisations.
Thanks for your support and guidance.
Sincerely
Julia

More examples when reading through the theory would be of a great help.

Lou
Sydney Australia
University of Melbourne

Ittt 120 hour course

Overall 8

I enjoyed learning the information in the course. I was surprised how detailed the work is and how much we need to know to teach English as a second language. The first few units took much longer to study but then they became much easier. i found the videos very helpful and would definitely recommend choosing the course with videos. I had a tutor also but did not use the tutor. The course took about 5 months but that was leaving a lot of time in between. I could have done it a lot quicker. Each unit is well structured and the way they are sequenced gives variety and interest to the course.

I was unaware of having to plan a lesson as the last requirement and thought I had finished after completing the last test. Being informed of this would have been helpful.

PJM
The Netherlands

120 hrs course

Overall 9

Having a busy life this course was ideal for me, being able to do the lessons during the spare time I had. I struggeld with the grammer but the information given was clear (my brain was not always!) I now have more confidence in teaching english and hope to start within a few months in China.

That is difficult to say, but.....it is all theoretical. Would be good to one or two lessons in front of a classroom. But I realise that it is not easy for you to realise.

Sarah
Istanbul , Turkey
University of Texas- Dallas

Do not waste your money!!!!

Overall 1

I have nothing nice to say about this course. I signed up for the 120 hour course with a tutor and was promised an additional free young learners course. The course suggested each unit should take 5hours and a total of 20 units. I skimmed the first unit and realized it was a joke. I completed all 20 units in a week with a 99% and did not read any of the material. The material was common sense for anyone who has ever set foot in any classroom. On top of this I repeatedly email tutors and never once was replied to. Finally I emailed the administration to complain and was informed they had a technical glitch. I requested a refund for the cost of the tutor and they never replied. Then I asked about the free course I was originally promised and again I was never answered. This course is a waste and they are a dishonest honest company.

Provider Response

We’re sorry to hear that you “have nothing nice to say about this course”.

First, please bear in mind that ITTT certificate courses are fundamentally designed for people who have little or no teaching experience.

As we explained to you via email, there was a technical problem that prevented the contact forms that you submitted reaching your course tutor, for which we apologised. At no stage during your course did you email us direct to ask why you hadn’t received a response to the tutor contact forms you had submitted. We’re unsure why you state that you didn’t receive a reply to your request for a refund, as we responded to you within four hours of your emailing us on 12th June, and you replied to that email.

You have since received the complimentary course in teaching English to young learners.

It’s disappointing that your experience with ITTT was far from ideal, but we feel that the other reviews here are a more genuine reflection of the feelings of past course participants.

We wish you all the best for the future.

ITTT

Elizabeth
China
University of Leeds

120 hour course

Overall 10

I took two months on this course and I found it awesome! Right from the fares charged to the course materials and guidance given. I already had an experience of teaching other subjects, but the ittt course has added quite a lot in my teaching. The explanations given in each course unit are direct and self explanatory, that I suppose that even if you've never taught before, you can easily learn because the content is so direct. I gained so much from the teaching methods given, and the way of classroom controlling. The ideas I have got from this course have helped me so much in handling my classes, both the TEFL and social studies classes.
I all along thought that I teaching English as a foreign language was a walk over since I am a native English speaker, but the challenges I was brought in light about were completely spectacular. I knew how to teach tenses, but I couldn't fully explain the usage of such tenses. Thanks God I was able to learn from the program and I am now teaching English with confidence, and very ready to give a firm explanation if a student had a problem.
The online tutor was helpful in responding and the quality of the response was satisfactory.
The lesson planning part was so good that it really prepares one for the field.

The inclusion of other parts of English like comprehension and summary writing other than just focusing on grammar writing could also be beneficial to students in this program as it could have been to me.

Emilia
Warsaw, Poland

Very motivating and affordable course, immediate and helpful support.

Overall 10

I've done the 120-hour online TEFL course and I've been very happy with it. I've studied Languages and I have four years of teaching experience, thus the course did not surprise me with the level of difficulty. It took me only 2 weeks to complete it.
Nevertheless, I truly enjoyed the units focused on teaching, class management etc. It was really nice to get back on track with all that knowledge after a 2-year break in teaching. I particularly liked writing lesson plans as the self-evaluation tasks.
Moreover, whenever I had a problem, the reaction on the support center side was immediate and very helpful. ITTT provides you with a lot of additional materials and some nice surprises at the end of the course. That was definitely a pleasant and unexpected bonus.
My only worry is the recognition given to this course. CELTA seems to be the first preference among all the employers and I will surely do it at some point in the future. However, TEFL from ITTT is a much cheaper option and it prepares you rather well to become a teacher, especially if you have previous teaching/linguistic preparation. It puts you on the ELT market and serves as and incentive to continue learning (CELTA next!).

Christine
Evergreen, Colorado
San Diego State University

Young Learner Course Review

Overall 9

I found the course fairly easy and a bit of a review since I have already been teaching in South Korea for the last 3+ years. But always useful are the tips and information on lesson planning and classroom control.

Even though I have prior international ESL teaching experience, I gained more knowledge from this course in how to become a better teacher for the young learners I have taught & continue to teach.

Anouk
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
Capilano University

Learned a lot but worried about recognition

Overall 8

I did the 120h course with ITTT. I learned a lot and found it very motivating. But I am not sure I would choose this school again because I am worried about the course recognition. I maybe should have signed up to a course with the British embassy or from a recognized university.

It is still really worth it if recognition of the certificate is not an issue for you.

Marisa
Trinidad and Tobago
Anglia Ruskin University

ITTT 120 Hour With Tutor Support and Videos Review

Overall 10

I would recommend this course to anyone interested in teaching English as a foreign language. The course content was relevant and it covered important aspects of teaching.

I learned a great deal. There were some things I knew and some I didn't have a clue about. Overall it was an invaluable experience.

The tutor support was great also.

I didn't particularly like the videos, I thought them boring. The logo was big and blocked some of the content as times.

Derek
Hong Kong
University of London

ITTT 120 Hour With Tutor Support and Videos Review

Overall 9

Let me start by saying that this is the first online course that I have attempted so I can't really comment on how this course stacks up against others out there. I can only speak from my own experience of the course.

I would have no problem recommending this course to anyone interested in getting involved in TEFL/TESOL. I found the course easy to use, with a clear layout and a simple, clean interface.

The content provided was a lot more detailed than I was expecting it to be. I found the difficulty of the course to be just about right for myself. Its never too challenging for a lay person to understand but its also never too simple either. I can imagine there being much harder courses out there for those looking for something more difficult.

The course also offered tutor support that I only really needed to use once. The response I received from the tutor was prompt and detailed.

There's is plenty of time (6 months) for you to complete the course. This gives you more than enough time to take it slow, absorb what you're learning and not feel pressured into rushing through the course.

At the end of the course you have to submit a lesson plan which they say will be graded within two days. I received confirmation that I had passed within 24 hours.

The cost of course was about $350 which I found to be fair. Not exactly a bargain but not too expensive either. I guess its a small investment you can make in yourself that could get you the teaching job you want.

One criticism I would have is that the course only allows you access to some of the content and the rest is unlocked gradually as you complete the units in the course. I can understand why the course is designed this way but the reason I didn't like it was because on two occasions, the next units I needed to complete, did not open as they should have when I had completed the previous units. This was annoying and I had to contact their tech support by email to get it fixed twice. In their defense, they did fix the problem for me quickly ( within a few hours ).

Sapna
India

Systematized learning

Overall 10

The 120 hr course perfectly cater to the needs of people who have teaching background and even those who have flair for teaching. Excellent course material has helped me to improve my teaching skills. My students always enjoy games suggested in unit 12. I recommend to my friends to go with this comprehensive program.

I would like to suggest to upgrade certain videos.

Gilber
Campinas, São Paulo - Brazil

Very helpful

Overall 9

I have taken the 120 hr TESOL/TEFL certificate course + tutor support at ITTT and I am very pleased with it.

Well-organized lessons, good material, helpful videos and great tutoring when needed.

I highly recommend everyone who wants to get started a teaching career.

I would change some videos recording. In some of them the quality of the image is quite poor or the sound recorded is not good enough to listen to.

iami78
Mexico

Would highly recommend this course!

Overall 9

I took this course in 5 weeks, while maintaining a lot of other responsibilities. I learned some really good, important basics and appreciated the flexibility and simplicity of this course. It was well worth my time. While it may not teach as much as if you were in the classroom, it is great as far as online courses go.

I can't think of anything right off the top of my head.

Edward
Russia
Florida Atlantic University

Phenomenal

Overall 10

I just finished the course because I want to teach English abroad and the only way to describe the program is phenomenal. It is so helpful with giving you insight on how to be the best teacher you can be. I highly advise it and assure you that after the program you will have the same reaction as me!

Use a different application in the videos for unit 6. I could barely hear what the teacher was saying.

Paul
Chiang Rai, northern Thailand
University of Sydney

ITTT 120 hour TEFL Diploma and BE course

Overall 10

This online course far exceeded my expectations. I learned more, and was better supported and guided by my tutor, than on an in-house course at a world famous school which I took some years ago. The balance of theory and practice was perfect. The tips on classroom technique were down to earth, and the detailed material on lesson planning and teaching strategies were just what a new-comer to English teaching needs. I went straight from this course into teaching a range of students from five year olds, primary and secondary students, to university students and adults, including Thai teachers and a monk! I now teach in a primary school in northern Thailand. I have two hour classes with thirty very lively six to ten year olds, and keeping the noise level down when I don't speak Thai can be difficult. But the course has given me both the confidence, and a large number of strategies for teaching conversational English, which is what the children need and want most. The ITTT online course was some of the best money I've spent.

I have very little critical feedback. When I did the course I wondered if the role play techniques would work with shy Thai people, but they work amazingly well, and are a refreshing contrast to the large amount of book learning they get in school. I enjoyed the BE course too, though, as someone who's never worked in a business environment I had to swat up on business language and situations, which I found very interesting.

Frances
Malua Bay Australia
University of Sydney

Just what I needed.

Overall 9

I completed the ITTT TEFL course some time ago and it has been really useful. The materials were concise and well laid out, a good refresher of grammar as well as some great teaching and planning skills. My tutor was always quick to respond and the feedback was always useful, and well explained. I paid for the DVDs but didn't really use them, but I've kept them for an update down the track. My employment has been in Australian indigenous communities and I've used many of the ideas provided in the course, especially the suggested websites. I look forward to one day teaching in an international TEFL setting.

I would encourage more online and interactive resources that can be used in the classroom. Some suggestions for apps would be valuable.

Mrs.
France
University of York

So glad I invested in this course!

Overall 10

I took both the TEFL and TBE courses online, on a full-time basis, as I wanted to obtain my certification as quickly as possible. At first, I was concerned about studying online, as I had never done so before, but I am so glad I did!

The TEFL course was excellent - easily laid out in manageable modules, with clear explanations on the grammar and teaching methods. In spite of trying to achieve my goal of one module per day, I never felt overwhelmed - my tutor was an inspiration and always positive in her feedback and guidance. Even with the time zone difference between us (I am in France), I never felt as though I had to wait for answers to my questions, or for my assignments to be marked - she was incredibly fast and efficient, and always took the time to write full explanations of points I had missed or needed to elaborate on.

I would definitely recommend this course to anyone considering enrolling in an online TEFL course. I have nothing but positive things to say about the course and the tutor! Everything was provided - course materials, CD-ROM, etc. - so there were no additional 'hidden' expenses! The administrative support team were just as helpful as my tutor and both my certificates arrived quickly following the completion of the courses. My tutor also helped me with job-hunting tips and advice even after I had finished my studies.

If you're willing to put the effort in and give 100% to this course, you will find your tutor will give you all the help you need to make this course interesting, fun and an excellent step towards a new career!

I thoroughly enjoyed the TBE certificate course (Teaching Business English) which followed on from the TEFL course. However, it was not as easy to follow as the TEFL course and I found it a little more difficult, perhaps because the materials were a little less 'in-depth' than with the TEFL course. It was still highly enjoyable and a really good 'extra' to have though!

Faith
Valencia, Spain

Awesome TEFL Program

Overall 9

I found the TEFL program very good, covering every aspect of English grammar and lesson planning. Maybe it's just because I've always LOVED grammar, but I found this course really exciting. Not only was it fun and challenging, but it was also very informative and thorough. Additionally, my tutor was really helpful and answered every question I had. I was really, really happy with the program and I never hesitate to recommend it to everybody I meet!

If I could change one thing about this program, it would be the CTBE (Business English) program. Although I passed, I found it very difficult and at times discouraging. In my opinion, there was not enough explanation of business terminology, and the questions on the test were a bit sketchy and interpretive.

Debra
Zhytomyr, Ukraine

Great program

Overall 10

I am a 55 year old missionary that wanted to get my certification where we could add teaching English to our ministry program. The course was great, and I learned a lot, my online tutor was great and very thorough with explaining any questions I had. My only complaint, if you want to call it that, was the lack of explanations for all that grammar. I know because of my age I struggled with the grammar sections and had to do a LOT of online research to fully understand. If you are right out of college or of a younger age you will probably not have any problems.

Just add some more detailed explanations of grammar. Not everyone is just out of college.

John
Seoul, Korea
Tshwane University of Technology

Really thorough

Overall 8

At first, I struggled to get a handle on just how specific the program needed me to be. Often, I provided incomplete lesson plans, or deviated from the topic. But my instructor's feedback was always very detailed and clearly communicated. I had zero teaching experience before, so the program provided me with the necessary planning skills to do my work thoroughly once I arrived in Korea. Lesson plans are usually the first thing your employer will ask for. The certificate also bumped me into a higher salary bracket.

The source material could have been made more appealing. For the most part, it read like someone's transcribed class notes.

Since 1993, ITTT has provided industry-leading TEFL Teacher Training to over 150,000 trainees who are now working in over 40 countries around the world. With a large array of TEFL course options, including online, in-class and combined, ITTT TEFL aims to support and educate future teachers who wish to gain paid teaching positions abroad. A member of the prestigious College of Teachers, ITTT caters to the needs of its TEFL students, making sure each individual has the materials they need to grow and learn more about English language education. With over 25 international locations, ITTT boasts one of the largest TEFL programs and job networks in the world and offers its graduates:

- Lifetime job placement assistance.
- The opportunity to support yourself abroad and learn a new language.
- CV and resume preparation.
- Access to a library of teaching resources, lesson plans and teaching points.
- Letter of recommendation for future employers.

Community Photos: