ITTT Online TEFL Course

ITTT offers a wide selection of online TEFL courses ranging in length from 60 to 250 hours. Our standard course options include our 60-hour TEFL course and our full 120-hour TEFL certificate course. ITTT’s specialized online courses include our Certificate in Teaching Business English, Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners and our advanced TEFL Diploma course. All courses can be taken with or without tutor support and are internationally accredited.

Studying online gives you the flexibility to study where you want when you want and our low course prices mean that getting qualified to teach English won’t stretch your budget. All graduates will receive an internationally recognized, embossed certificate and lifetime job support. We also offer a combined course option which allows you study the theory online before completing the teaching practice component at one of our centers in Phuket, Barcelona, Rome, New York, London or Paris.

I think that anyone can teach English, whether mother-tongue or not. If you only speak English, maybe you should try to learn the local language.
Hello Jake, We offer various payment options like PayPal, wire transfer, Western Union, credit card and even WeChat. The prices you see are all the total prices for the course.
Hello Laura, Yes, you can certainly get certified if you're married with children!
You have to be a minimum of 18 actually. Hope that helps!

• Benefits 9
  • Facilities 8.3
  • Instruction 9
  • Difficulty 7
  • Job Assistance 7.2
Gabriel

Excellent service, could use some support improvements

I took the 120-hour coursework and found the units to be simple and easy to digest, with both familiar and new information. It was a nice recap for the bits of information that I was already aware of and an eye opener for the information that was new to me. Having access to the Units should I ever need to go back to them is a lifesaver and a great tool. Overall my experience was pleasant and I could work on my own time during the weekends when I wasn't working. One of the things I most enjoyed out of the course was finding ways to implement some piece of information or new class activity into my day to day classes. I often found the resources found in several Unit chapters to be helpful and a fun way to break up the pace of the classroom. The only thing I would say could improve could be in its human element. I once had a question about the end of course lesson plan. Specifically sections of the lesson plan that had confused me considering it was hypothetical. (Like time and supervisor.) I wanted to be sure that there wasn't some required information that had to be filled in these sections that I might have missed so I asked the customer service about my doubt and was dryly responded with nothing except that I needed to purchase the specific lesson plan support service for my question to be answered. Another bit of friction came when I actually sent the lesson plan. My response listed several mistakes I had made and had to improve upon, but if I'm honest a lot of the recommendations were already in my original lesson plan. It seemed to me that I had to dumb down the lesson plan in order for it to be considered "correct". But besides these singular events, I would recommend the program to anyone who wishes to acquire a TEFL or TESOL certificate.

As mentioned above my biggest problem was the human interaction with the program. So I suppose some employee assessment would help.
Isabel

Happy with my online ITTT 120-Hour TEFL course. Worth it indeed.

I have completed the online ITTT 120-Hour TEFL course with videos and tutor support. This much I will say, what really impressed me was the lesson methodology from ITTT. I have seen this in action but not in this method, can't wait to try it out now. My only little qualm is after the course, I received my result confirmation, my tutor's comment/advice and the next steps to take... For which I'm truly grateful thank you. However, say for instance I (the teacher) love the content illustrations on the video units and would like to find the whereabouts of this content, I battled. Do you know? I've browsed around the web for sometime now to get my hands on what I consider great illustrations or even for similar ones to no avail he! he! But otherwise I am truly satisfied with this course. Well presented throughout in moderately easy English to comprehend and implement. Thank you again.

Perhaps a member's only ITTT teacher's hub/or forum could be present? We could share ideas, questions and answers, tips, content, etc. But I'm sure this has been requested 'umpty' times already and there'a a perfectly good reasons for not having it up. But hey?! Just trying ;-)
Emilija

An experience that lasts for a lifetime

I completed the 100 hour TEFL course in 2009. It was a unique experience for me because I had the chance to work with a very experienced tutor. It was my first course for improving my working skills as a teacher who teaches English as a foreign language. At first I could not compare it with other courses since it was my first. But later after a few teacher training courses taken in my country, Macedonia, I realized that I definitely need the ITTT TEFL course. It was an online course. There are certain advantages to online training. Firstly, you can work from your home so there are no travelling expenses. Secondly, the working schedule is flexible. You receive an e-mail with materials and instructions and respond with the assignments in your free time. The course itself was very helpful. It covered a lot of topics like classroom management, teaching skills, language awareness, phonology, lesson observation and course materials analysis. It was my first year working as an English teacher when I started the course. It took me three months to complete the course. One of the best things was that I could apply into practice everything I was learning. I noticed how my teaching methods slowly started to change for the better. I became more confident and relaxed. The students, aged six to eighteen, enjoyed their lessons. The good thing about this course is that everything that you learn stays with you. It is present in your practice, when in the classroom, when preparing lessons, basically everywhere all the time. It is not something that you forget. The tutor was very helpful. He was assisting me in every way possible. My favourite part was when I had to make a lesson plan. The tutor did not agree with some of my ideas and he explained why, so I had to make a new one paying more attention to warm up exercises. In the end, of course, I did it well. I would highly recommend the ITTT TEFL course to other teachers. It is an experience that lasts for a lifetime.

Ally

ITTT Online TEFL Course

This course was an essential addition to my resume and paired nicely with all of my teaching experience. I took this course in order to build my skill set for a new ESL teaching opportunity I was going to start. I do have a teaching degree as well, so some of the concepts were not new but I was able to receive specific instruction about teaching students learning English as an additional language. The cost of the program was wonderful and my TEFL certification has been valuable with many other teaching experiences I have had after taking this course.

I did have a teaching position lined up after this course so it was not a big concern for me but one improvement I would make would be to provide more support or a network for people so they can look at teaching positions that are available. This would have been beneficial for me if I did not have a teaching position after the course.
Michael

Good program as a start

I did the TESOL 100 hour course with tutor support. The tutor assigned to me was actually really good at giving feedback in a timely fashion and helped out in areas where I needed it. This was about 8 years ago. Thereafter I took the opportunity to do a Business TEFL as well as a Young Learners TEFL with the same company and those have not really helped too much in getting a job. Furthermore it would have been much more worthwhile had the ITTT company themselves helped guide me in the right direction once I was done with the course of getting placements at different jobs where it was easier for a person with South African Citizenship could apply. This is an area that needs a great amount of work on as the adverts that they do send out periodically are all focussed mainly on people who have a UK or USA citizenship and not other native English Speaking countries such as South Africa.

See comments in my review of the course.
No, I don't recommend
Janna

Eye-Opening

I did not find the program to be particularly difficult. It was straight forward with the readings and quizzes. It had some good ideas and suggestions, but the main impact it had on me was pointing out the areas in which I needed a refresher. I have not had an English class in quite a while and had to brush up on some terminology, rules, and exceptions to the rules. As a native speaker, I can usually use the "that sounds about right" method. However, I wanted to be able to explain (to the best of my ability) to my students how to figure out to correctly speak/write in English for when I am not there to correct them.
I was glad that I was able to keep the PDFs of the material to go over when I am doing my lesson planning. I also appreciated the reminder to keep things fun, simple, and varied. Overall, a good course which helped me get a teaching job in South Korea.

Eszter Judit

220-Hour Master Package including CTBE and CTEYL-with tutor support

I have just completed the CTBE and CTEYL courses in the 220-Hour Master Package. This was just the right course for me because of the flexible hours and I would definitely recommend it to everybody who needs a flexible schedule. It can be done before or after and work and the tutors really help a lot when needed and answering time is also short!
Though I had experience in teaching, this course also helped me while teaching German and Spanish.
I chose this course as CTBE and CTEYL were included and it was definitely worth the price!

There could be more examples of lesson plans in the general English Part (the 120 hour course)
Though in the CTBE they were already included!
Parminder

The course you can trust

As I searched intensively for a good TEFL course ,for about six months before opting for this course, now I feel that I made the best choice, no regrets at all . As I am already working as a language Trainer, during my training sessions conducted exclusively for adults, I always need to include some engaging activities, which have been made possible through this course only. Now I don't have to spend hours thinking and designing them. Moreover, detailed description on grammar, problems encountered during classes, ways to address them are a real asset for a trainer. Although, I cannot make any comparisons with other TEFL courses, since I haven't done them, but there is nothing that I can mark is lacking in this course. However, one or two more videos can be added to the course (that is without videos and tutor) for showcasing a more practical experience. I would like to thank the team for this great course.

More details about activities should be included
Michael

ITTT Online TEFL

This was a very good course for me, as I did not have the time to commit to an "inclass" program. It seemed like a very thorough course, but yet was relatively easy and not too time consuming. I was able to complete the 120 hour course in about a month just working on it before work in the mornings. In addition to the 120 hour TEFL course I also completed smaller courses on Young Learners and Business English. These two courses had the sam format as the main course. I think the ONLY thing lacking in the course was some sort of required video teaching component.

By adding a video teaching component giving the students some practice teaching along with feedback.
Timothy

Efficient, Effective, and Professional

I was required to attain a TEFL certification to finalize my work visa for a job in Hong Kong. Though this certification was initially just a hurdle to get to the visa, the program was surprisingly insightful, lending sound pedagogy to comprehensively teaching ELLs. The program was rigorous and comprehensive but easy to work through. The staff was supportive and faithful to the content. I highly recommend it.

Free milkshakes
Andrea

Online TEFL

I really enjoyed going through and completing this online program. It was very enriching and it provided a lot of useful tips and resources to make me a better instructor. When I started it I had never taught a lesson before but after I was done I felt much more comfortable with my abilities in doing so. IT has helped me not only with English but also with German and Spanish lessons. I am very grateful and would definitely recommend ITTT online to colleagues.

I did the option with the videos as well as I think those were wonderful tools. Some of the material was made more clear after watching the videos and not only doing the readings so keep it up!
Alte

ITTT Online TEFL course

The course was perfect for what I was looking for - flexible online course which gives me a recognized high quality qualification. I now feel confident to apply for TEFL jobs in Myanmar. The course material was challenging enough, but not too difficult. I appreciated the support we received to complete our lesson plans as part of the final evaluation. I think this is a good way to test if we can apply what we have learnt in the course.

Jhamelia

ITTT Online TEFL Course Review (CTEYL)

ITTT is a great TEFL Course provider. I recommended this company to many of my friends who are also based in Vietnam. I was not an education degree graduate but was privileged to land a job in a preschool here in Vietnam. I equip myself about teaching strategies through self-study and taking online TEFL courses. I bumped into ITTT while researching for TEFL Course providers and saw that it earned lots of great reviews from its previous students.

I learned a lot of things from the course, including lesson planning and classroom management. The lessons were challenging. One who's taking up the course, really needs to study and not take things lightly because a passing grade has to be fulfilled within a given period of time or else one has to retake the course.

There are a lot of TEFL Courses to choose from depending on one's needs. You may also opt to fully take a course online, in class or a combination of online and in-class. Their customer service reps and tutors are prompt in answering queries.

Brittni

Beginner Experience

My name is Brittni and I have always wanted to be a teacher since I was very young. As an adult, I managed to make my way overseas for a vacation for myself to see and experience the culture that I found myself at home with. Spending a month in South Korea and in various locations in Japan, I found myself wanting to combine my dream of teaching and living overseas. While doing research on the possibilities of both, I discovered ITTT online TEFL course.
I looked at reviews and the different options of courses, and man was it a little overwhelming. Trying to figure out which route was best for me. At the time there was a deal and I was able to do 3 courses for under $300, which would just make me more marketable when job hunting. I finished the main course and now working to complete the last two before the end of the year. I have learned so much to better myself as a teacher. Better approaches, better-thinking strategies, anticipating problems that might occur, and even new looks at setting up lessons plans. The courses even provide information and guides that you can print out and use if you would like. This benefit made it very relaxing and less stressful as the thought of teaching overseas came to mind. This was the first time I did any school work online as I am used to being in a classroom learning. The new environment was different but ITTT made it very comfortable for the learner and made it to where it goes to the pace of the learning.
As my courses come to a close I will be job hunting and have started reading reviews of others who have taken the course and made it to their locations of interest. I have not run across any reviewer that any negative thoughts about where they were or experiences they have encountered. Reading nothing but positive and motivating reviews drive me to be the next awesome one as well. I hope this review helps push others to try something new and expand new adventures.

I would make the contact a tutor like an online chat communication instead of just an email submission. Just so the learner can get help as soon as they can to prevent any frustration.
Carmelita

ITTT Online ESL Certification Program

I learned so much from this course. It gave very practical and helpful instruction for ESL teaching. When I finished, I felt prepared to teach and got a job shortly after teaching business ESL. I have had very positive reviews from my students and I believe that more effective teaching came be accredited from my training with this program.
Also, the program was very affordable, so I believe that I received so much for the little amount that I paid.

About ITTT TEFL

Since 1993, ITTT has provided industry-leading TEFL Teacher Training to over 150,000 trainees who are now working in over 40 countries around the world. With a large array of TEFL course options, including online, in-class and combined, ITTT TEFL...