ITTT Online TEFL/TESOL Course

Zipline Canopy Tour in Costa Rica
Zipline Canopy Tour in Costa Rica
Flower Festival
Flower Festival
At the school in Accra, Ghana, April-June 2017.
At the school in Accra, Ghana, April-June 2017.
Traveling in Hunan, China
Traveling in Hunan, China
ITTT Online TEFL Course
ITTT Online TEFL Course

ITTT offers a wide selection of online TEFL courses ranging in length from 60 to 250 hours. Our standard course options include our 60-hour TEFL course and our full 120-hour TEFL certificate course. ITTT’s specialized online courses include our Certificate in Teaching Business English, Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners and our advanced TEFL Diploma course. All courses can be taken with or without tutor support and are internationally accredited.

Studying online gives you the flexibility to study where you want when you want and our low course prices mean that getting qualified to teach English won’t stretch your budget. All graduates will receive an internationally recognized, embossed certificate and lifetime job support. We also offer a combined course option which allows you study the theory online before completing the teaching practice component at one of our centers in Phuket, Barcelona, Rome, New York, London or Paris.

Hi there, I would recommend 120 Hours-ITTT or TEFL if you're looking to teach English for non-English speaking people. Most schools or Language teaching centers request a TEFL certificate. Best wishes and have a great day.
I'm not sure if there is a different certificate required to teach English in Greece but I do know the certification I have is called the TEFL certificate (Teaching English as a Foreign Language). Maybe that's what the person will need to teach English there, in addition to other documents.
Hi Anna, please contact the ITTT admin staff at any time in the future if you would like some assistance finding employers and available teaching positions. .

• Benefits 9
  • Facilities 8.3
  • Instruction 9
  • Academic Rigor 7.1
  • Job Assistance 7.4
Txiv

A nice 120-hour experience

I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn or teach English, or just needs meet the requirements for a job. The time and money efficient course provides tons of useful materials and instructions that prepares you well for lecturing and facilitating activities. The final test is to write a summarize essay to provide the gist of what you have learned and reflected during the course, which is not that hard if you have taken the course seriously. After finishing the course, the administrative staff will send you an email containing useful links with advices for jobs and job banks, which will help you find a satisfactory job just by clicking your mouse. Trust me, you won’t regret your choice for this TESOL/TEFL course accredited by so many organizations.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I didn’t expect the course to be so user friendly and easy to follow. Since they have a tutor option, I thought it would be hard to understand the course without a tutor. It turned out that I was totally wrong.
James

Convenient and streamline

The 120 hour online TEFL course was very flexible and streamlined. I was able to study and take the tests on my own time and felt a sense of accomplishment after completing each unit. At the end of each unit I was more and more excited to move on to the next and cared more about teaching than when I started. The course material really Inspired me. The website is very well made and easy to navigate. The course material was challenging yet very comprehensive at the same time. They are responsive via email and social media as well. The certificate looks very professional and the priced is shipping was included in the cost of the course. Immediately after finishing the course and following on their facebook page I was contacted about possible job opportunities. Will reccomend and rate 10 out of 10!

Masum

Worth Taking

When I first heard about ITTT courses I was bit amazed to know if this was really possible to have such course in such affordable price, I did little more digging on its official website and things seemed really promising to me, I decided to take it , I signed up for the online course , step by step instructions were really clear and the way I was tested really pointed out my mistakes and I was motivated to study hard after each lesson been completed, the study materials of next lessons are only available after passing the test of current lesson. If anyone is willing to get authenticated TESOL certification I would say this is a great choice, also they sent the certificate in a very quick time. All in all the whole process is really worth trying.
Cheers!

More study materials can be added in addition and each wrong answers given in the test can be corrected with more real time examples.
Marlon

International TEFL and TESOL Training (ITTT) Review

Since the latter part of 2017 I have been planning on taking this course. Needless to say, it wasn’t until July of this year that was able to enrol and I am happy I did. I was truly impressed by the quality of the material presented. I benefited from some great information. I thought the videos lessons especially were extremely helpful. They helped in making the information easier to grasp. As I went through each unit I was happy to learn different teaching methodologies that I have since implement in my own lessons. Maybe the most difficult yet beneficial unit for me was Unit 13: Teaching Pronunciation and Phonology.

As mentioned before the video lessons were pretty useful. What would be even better is having an actual demo lesson from an experience EFL teacher especially for Unit 7: Teaching New Language and Unit 19: Teaching Special Groups. This I believe would give added quality to the course and would be quite beneficial to inexperienced teachers enrolled in the course. I can recall watching an English comedy drama, Mind Your Language. In this drama the teacher had a multilingual class of adult students from various nationalities. He had a daily challenge maintaining discipline as the students would frequently offend their classmates with their comments.

Another area for consideration relates to the video lessons in unit 10. I was unable to pinpoint a major improvement between the teachings of both lessons. Certainly the second lesson was more effective. However, I believe that there could be adjustments made to both the Engage and Activate phase of the lesson to make it a more effective lesson.

Thank you very much. It was a real pleasure taking this course.

Fritz

The 120-hr online TEFL course is a highly needed English teachers ingredient to spice up your teaching.

Being a native speaker from Cameroon with a successful teaching job in Ukraine after 2 years of hard work and determination, I had never for once anticipated the amazing benefits of taking a teachers training course until I came across the 120-HR ITTT course. As an individual who loves teaching and felt was at the peak, I wanted to justify my competence in teaching in which I was proven by the ITTT 120-hr course that learning never ends. The course provided me with proficient language ideas and methodologies which are currently very productive in my classroom lessons than were prior to taking the course.
The course units are well-structured and could make an excellent teacher even out of a person who has no idea of teaching English.
I am today a more confident teacher 'in and out' of the classroom,thanks to the 120-hr ITTT course with an upgraded CV attached to my teaching career.
The ITTT training is highly recommended by me . I would not advice teachers of English to give it a try because that sounds underrating, I would just advice you do it because you need it and its worth it.

I would like the course to include more or video units of the types of ESA teaching styles (patchwork and boomerang).
MUSTAFA NİYAZİ

A new reason to set a goal.

If you can have the ability of English language with four skills; listening understanding, speaking, reading understanding and and writing at B2 level (upper intermediate) at least and if you want to teach abroad and like to be in differnt countries then never hesitate to apply to ITTT TEFL - TESOL courses either on line or with tutors.
The course is very well designed, ITTT family is always next to you to answer your all questions.
Time is flexible which you can study in 20 days or up to 6 months.
There is a unique balance of cost and affordibility that you never find anywhere.
You can be a beginner or already a teacher; if you are a beginner, you have a good challange to overcome, or teacher you can renew your all knowledge from the very beginning and have a different point of view.
Don't try to do it, do it now! ;)

Language itself (grammar), English teching & techniques, methods.
Rashid

Wonderful Experience

Hello to you reader of this course review and hope this finds you well. I had a really good experience taking this course. If you think you can't have enough time to study; this course is for you. In my opinion, I couldn't be able to do an online course if it wasn't as flexible as ITTT. I took my time to study and then took my tests, all of which, based on my available time. As a result; I would recommend this ITTT- 120 hours course- to those who plan to study and take exams based on their available free time. The lessons were motivating. Each unit had tips for teaching; and pointed out the errors, and mistakes that learners and teachers may encounter. I'm planning to travel abroad and teach English and that was my motivation to take this course. I hope I was helpful in this review and answered some of your questions. Have a great day and thanks for your time.

I would recommend and suggest an improvement on the pricing part of this course. The pricing list for all available options of this course should be less than what it is.
Kostiantyn

Great 120-hour TEFL course

I've just finished the 120-hour TEFL course without a tutor, and now I want to share my impressions. It took me a little bit longer than one month to pass it, and my speed wasn't extraordinary :) However, I surely will reread these units sometimes because there was a lot of information. Tests weren't difficult, but anyway, some questions made me scratch my head. Especially, I'm thankful for writing tasks at the end of the tests. They helped me to structure material and to find main ideas in every unit. Otherwise, I might be too lazy for this :)
Also, I want to add that at first, I faced some technical problems, therefore, I had a pleasure to communicate with the support team. They were very fast, polite and friendly.

In brief, information was well-structured and fascinating. It was both useful and pleasant to pass this course. Thank you.

Kevin

120hr TEFL Online Course with Tutor

My TEFL course through ITTT has been incredible, and I'm now getting started on the Teaching English to Young Learners certification. Once I've completed that I am excited to finish with their Teaching Business English certification. All of the units in their courses were in-depth with helpful, real-world examples and advice that complimented all of the information I learned. They have a lot to offer and are quick to respond to any issues or questions that I had along the way. After completing all of the certifications that they offer, I will be using their services to help me find a teaching job abroad. My main goal would be to be able to teach in Spain and I know they'll be able to help me make that happen. I have no doubt that this is the best company to go to for a quality TEFL education.

The only thing I would change about the program is something that really should be changed about myself. I took a break after I finished all of the units before I completed the final lesson plan, but a week turned into two and then to a month and before I knew it my time was up! So maybe they could have an email after a little inactivity on my end to get me motivated to get going again. That's more of a wishlist idea, but overall the program was incredible!
Fred
No, I don't recommend this program

120 hour no assistance course.

I completed the 120 hour no assistance course. Wasn't that impressed.
Some lessons contained filler and some were extremely short, barely enough info to fill a pamphlet. Some lessons were about 15 screens long but they were covering English tenses and these subjects needed the extra just for a basic explanation. I felt there weren't enough examples especially in the more complex lessons.
The number of questions at the end of each unit ranged from 10 - 20. In many cases there were 4 sometimes 5 questions on a particular item where the answers were abcd or adcb or acdb. None of them were aace or ccbb. So if you got one wrong you automatically got 2 wrong. Some questions harked back to previous lessons.
There are only 2 videos provided in this course, used to answer questions in units 10 and 11. I didn't use any guidance, practice teaching and I don't need the job assistance so I haven't commented. Replies to questions were answered quickly. There don't appear to be a huge number of resources for fledgling teachers.
You are only taught a single teaching method. It utilises 3 phases, Engage, Study, and Activate. There is no mention of newer methods such as class/lesson flipping or gamification. Some of the material seems a little dated.
Finally, a pass of only 75% is needed. You get exactly the same certificate for a 95% pass as you would for a 75% pass so there is no need to bust your ass if you just want the certificate. There apparently is an accompanying letter which will assign a grade of A, B or C automatically. I asked for my % to be put on my certificate or covering letter but the response was that it wasn't something they offered. Certificates and letters are printed automatically.I couldn't even get a 2 line letter on their letterhead to say what score I actually got instead of just A B C.
In summary they deliver exactly what they say and nothing more. The course could be completed with a bit of effort in 3-4 weeks, less for some people. Ask for a sample lesson before you commit to the course.I'd recommend the course if you just want a certificate as soon as possible otherwise it's 50-50 from me. You can get a free short course if you leave a video review after completion and a moderator approves it. I elected not to do this.

A bit more flexibility in handling students requests, especially regarding their scores.
More content needed. Use % attained on certificate and/or accompanying letter rater than
A B or C.
Response from ITTT TEFL

Hi Fred,

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear that the course wasn’t what you expected. Bear in mind that this is a 120-hour course that introduces graduates to the world of TEFL teaching. If you send us your current postal address via email we will send you a letter that includes your percentage.

Dametria
No, I don't recommend this program

Unhelpful

I took the Online course without the need of a tutor. Unfortunately I would not advise this course or company to others. The course information given was far too simple and vague. So simple you are able to pass the tests with no problem but so vague that it doesn’t give you detailed information needed to write proper lesson plans or to really teach in a class room. When I reached several questions that clearly had errors or where to vague to understand, I reached out to the company for answers and was only told to pay for a tutor. Once I arrived to the lesson plan final I wrote one based off of the information provided to me through the course. Unfortunately I was told that it was wrong and to do it over. Needless to say I stressed and stressed about with no real help or clear guidance from the company. With the help of a friend who has been teacher for year abroad, she taught me to write a proper lesson plan. I was granted a certificate but the last letter of my name was spelled wrong. I ask for the correction and was told I would have to pay $25 - $85 dollars to have it corrected with a “it’s not my job” type of attitude and policy. “We don’t crossed check names.” Thank for the poor customer service. The price was the cheapest was the course was the cheapest at the time so I signed up. Now I see why it’s cheap. Definitely a disgusting, discouraged and angry customer.

Please write a better course for online takers. Detailed and informative. Not vague and lacking information. Be more considerate of your clients and what they are paying for instead of just getting money out of them anyway you can. Have better customer service and actually double check the information that is given to you by clients.
Response from ITTT TEFL

Thanks for submitting a review Dametria,

We’re sorry to hear that the ITTT course didn’t meet your expectations. The vast majority of course graduates are extremely satisfied with their course and experience with ITTT. This is reflected in our high overall scores on several review sites.

With regard to your certificate name, after you submit the exact name you would like to appear on the certificate you are asked to review the information provided to ensure its accuracy before proceeding. It would appear that you didn’t notice that you had misspelt your name at the time. The $25 charge covers a reprint of your certificate and delivery via registered post.

All the best with your teaching plans. Please contact our staff at any time if you need any assistance.

Andrea

A good base in improving your teaching skills.

This company was helpful from the start, and still is, ten years later with their follow-ups. The tutor assigned to you guides you and does not cut corners. I am glad I took this course. You get good feedback from the tutor. Unfortunately, because I too this course about ten years ago, I cannot remember the details. What I would say is, if you are thinking of teaching English, get some training in teaching English to non-natives. It does not hurt the opportunities that can open up for you. ITTT was reasonable and offers various types of classes and options. One is to study with or without a tutor, online and/or in-class. Iopted for online with a tutor, this choice was because of my location and also because I was employed full-time. I hope my limited information is helpful.

Response from ITTT TEFL

Hi Andrea, thanks for the great recommendation for our courses and company in general.

You can reach us any time if you need any assistance or wish to gain further training and qualifications.

Herman

ITTT Online TEFL

Hi. My name is Herman Tembo from Zimbabwe. I am an ICT professional, single and 41. I recently got bitten by the travel bug. So I figured what better way to do it than to switch to a career that allows for that sort of thing and yet also gives me an opportunity to impact others positively. That’s ESL Teaching of course! I decided to do it right the first time by getting TEFL certified by the best. So as of Feb 2019, I am TEFL Certified by ITTT through their online course. The course material and content was thorough and up to standard. The resources and support during and after the course are second to none; not to mention the wide range of courses to select from and unbeatable rates. To top it off, you get access to lesson plans and other cool platforms. I have no qualms about doing my next course with them and won’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone who wants to start off well as an ESL Teacher or to further their studies.

Incorporating Online Teaching Practicals as a standard in the online course
Response from ITTT TEFL

Hi Herman,

Thanks for taking the time to recommend our courses. You can contact us at any time If you would like to gain further training and qualifications and we'll provide you with a discounted price.

All the best with your teaching plans!

Richa

Astounding support and course planning! 🌟

It was an amazing journey completing the 120 hour online TEFL course with ITTT. With well defined instructions and assistance, the course was actually a success!
I found lessons to be perfectly designed in such a way that it keeps the learners interested throughout the course. And when talking about the support system, I couldn’t be more impressed! Apart of FAQs and details, online support is also very effective and quick in assisting all types of queries and doubts. Which helped me in completing the course successfully in a short period of time, that too with a score of 93% . Inspite of having teaching experience in abroad, I learned so many teaching skills and techniques that I wasn’t aware of. So, I am actually happy that I opted this course! And I look forward to a brighter and fun filled teaching journey!

Response from ITTT TEFL

Thanks for recommending our 120-hour online TEFL course Richa.

Your summary of the course and our services is a good reference for anyone considering an online TEFL/TESOL course.

All the best with your teaching career. Please contact us at any time if you need assistance.

ELEANA

It was an excellent online course

I chose the ITTT 220-hour online Master Package course, which includes the 120-hour TEFL Certification Course, 50-hour course in Business English as well as as 50-hour course in teaching English to young learners. It was a wonderful course which provided me with remarkable knowledge in regards to English teaching, methods, materials and techniques. It was aslo a great balance between the knowledge I had already had and new ideas. All materials were very clear, precise and eye-opening and as a non-professional English teacher, I believe this course greatly inspired me and urged me to embark smoothly on my adventure. Besides this, I would like to stress the assistance I received by the staff whenever I faced some difficulties along the course. I highly reccommend it to everyone!

I believe that you could add a few more videos to make the course more attractive as we anyway lose the opportunity of the interactive part of the teaching.
Response from ITTT TEFL

Great review Eleana!

Thanks for your summary and recommendation of the 220-hour Master package.

Your comments on adding additional videos is being addressed. Our staff are creating some additional videos that we hope to add to the online courses in the coming weeks.

All the best with your teaching plans. Please contact us at any time if you require any assistance.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About ITTT TEFL

Since 1993, ITTT has provided industry-leading TEFL Teacher Training to over 150,000 trainees who are now working in over 40 countries around the world. With a large array of TEFL course options, including online, in-class and combined, ITTT TEFL...