UNI-Prep 120-Hour Online TESOL Certification Course for $250

UNI-Prep 120-Hour Online TESOL Certification Course for $250

UNI-Prep's online TESOL Certificate program is 120-hours in length, is fully accredited, and internationally recognized. The course is taught using a combination of videos, readings and interactive assignments. Tutors are available for support at anytime during the course.

Graduates of our program enjoy the respect that comes with the UNI-Prep name around the world. Our courses are designed to be both educational and fun. Our fees are all inclusive and include all fees; there are no additional fees on top of this -- we promise!

Our courses don't have a set schedule; you will work through the course at your own pace and time. Most of our graduates complete the TESOL Certificate program in 2-4 weeks, although you can take up to 1 year if you would rather take your time.

Our goal is to make sure all our students graduate and are completely satisfied with their experience with us. Visit our website to learn more about our institute and course offerings.

North America » United States of America » San Diego

• Job Assistance

weina
USA

It's helpful

I have finished this course for 120-hour online TESOL,I think it is so great and convenient for an English teacher,and this course is very easy for me .

I hope I can get a better job with this TESOL certificate.

It took me 2weeks to learn this coures and it improved my English skills on listening speaking reading and writing.

There are so many teachers who want to get this certificate,because it is more professional for a teaceher,as a teacher we should learn more teaching skills and then we can help more and more students.

William

Great for teachers with experience in need of theory

This course is a great way to familiarize yourself with both basic grammatical theory and some practical classroom strategies. As a teacher with experience only with adult learners, I found the pace and coverage of material very helpful for honing my approach to learners of different ages.

The lesson units are composed of a reading and video component, both of which compliment each other in the information needed to successfully complete the quizzes. The quizzes themselves do require a measure of interpretation and critical thinking, which is a good way to ensure that students understand the basics and can apply them in real-world situations.

Options for an in-person practicum for students with no teaching experience

Spencer
Russia

Continuing on...

UNI-Prep has helped me see the many layers and angles of teaching. It inspired me with its logical, yet sophisticated explanations. I was able to see nuances and subtle details I didn't before. Of course it helped a great deal with versatility as well and has sharpened my ability to be be flexible. Thank you for helping me with this continuing journey. I wasn't looking for a destination, but direction and incentive. Thank you for the experience.

Not sure it can be. It simply requires research, focus and interest that either exists, or not.

Sarah

Feedback on course TESOL Certificate

I truly enjoyed the course. I specifically liked that the timing for finishing the course was stretched out for 12 months for me to finish it. As I'm taking this course online and overseas, and due to all my other obligations, this was most beneficial. The instructions given in each unit were very straightforward and simple...I do feel that this course is definitely helping me in being a much better teacher...Thank you :)

woman sitting in middle of road
Shelley

Great Experience - Quick and Easy

I definitely thought my certificate would take longer than it did! It only took me two weeks to complete, doing 1 unit a day. Each unit takes 45 minutes or so. Some of the audio on the videos were odd but otherwise it was very easy to navigate, very easy to complete and an overall good experience that was worth the price. I was like a lot of people, trying to figure out whether to spend $1500 on a fancy Cambridge course or just the $250. I don't plan on getting a job for another 6 months with the certificate so fingers crossed that the validity of the certificate is honored by institutions!

Daniel

Experience for Life

One more accomplishment for my Life. Really good for making new decisions or starting to travel the world.
It is affordable, and can easily fit into any schedule. The videos range from fifteen to twenty-five minutes long, the reading assignments are well organized, and the assessments are straightforward.
The program gives the opportunity to freedom and discover new things. the course is really completed and capable to learn everything fast even if you never thought to be a teacher.
I really Recommend.

Alejandro Abel
California
California State University- Los Angeles

Practical, Useful, and Quick!

Recommended! This course is great for those looking to get their teaching English experience started. There is a good balance for general teaching methods and activities to implement once in the teaching environment.

The text is a great review to what was covered in the video portion. Of course the text intuitively goes into more detail to cover any lingering thoughts you may have had during the video. I think they supplement it well.

The quizzes are very straighforward and fair in relation to what was covered in the study material.

A note to those in a time crunch: Because a lot of this was good review and I had a sense of urgency, I was able to finish in less than 48 hours.

Thanks UniPrep! I am sure to revert back to the material once I get a job! :)

Offer more lesson plan examples. Although not necessary, visual aids in the text and video presentation would bring the material to life more.

Ben
Korea
University of Pennsylvania

Great Online Program!

This program was great, because it gave me the flexibility to complete all of the study materials and quizzes at my own pace. The combination of videos and reading assignments really prepared me for all of the assessment quizzes. All of the resources were packed with valuable content, and I am excited to start incorporating everything that I have learned into my own classroom this fall. I highly recommend UNI-Prep to all who are interested in teaching English abroad.

Sofi

Great course, loved it!

I needed a basic TESOL certificate to start my teaching career, and this was just perfect! The videos are good ( could be improved on though) and the written material was very good. The material is presented in a clear and easy to remember manner and a logical sequence. The written material is also downloadable, and Uni-prep has a youtube channel you can subscribe to for further reference of the video material.
I'll start looking for a job probably online at first!

perhaps add videos of class room teaching. Also, some of the links in unit 10 are expired, please update those too!

Chad
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Valdosta State University

Teaching Abroad

The course covered basic teaching and language dynamics and provided a great deal of background data and very much emphasized the responsibility of the teacher to facilitate learning. The presentation of educator terms and recommended approaches was certainly a help and was very culturally inclusive. Video of actual classroom teaching in progress could perhaps have enhanced the experience in order to give a more "real-world"understanding of what future teaching opportunities will present. I would recommend this program to anyone who is starting off on the pursuit of educating in a foreign country/

Videos of actual classroom teaching in progress would possibly be helpful.

Julianna
Indiana

TESOL Certificate

When I was looking into getting a TESOL certification there were so many options. It was hard to tell which programs were quality programs. I was glad to find one that was an 120 hour course that was also accredited. The class was affordable and easy to navigate. I appreciated having both videos and reading materials. I learned a lot of information and feel like it was well taught. I am glad I chose Uni-Prep.

Luis Daniel

Pretty good for the cost

I needed a TEFL fast and they delivered. The materials were quite exhaustive and well written. The videos were well explained. There was no practical experience and you'd never know why you got a wrong answer on the quizzes. The course itself is extremely flexible, so that is a plus if you have a full time job. I'd recommend it for sure. There is no practical experience though, but it's understandable considering the course is completely online.

See if they can get some better feedback from instructors, or a way to get practical experience, though it may be hard considering it's completely online.

Cuddled up in the park at sunset
Lindsey
Viña del Mar, Chile
Ohio State University

UNI-Prep 120-hour Certificate

While I have some general experience tutoring and casually teaching English, this course was a great introduction into the more professional aspects of being an ESL teacher. I would recommend this course to those who wish to start taking their English-teaching goals more seriously.

It's a great course to prepare you for formal tutoring and even classroom situations. While lacking in specific resources to help with creating lesson plans, UNI-Prep's program makes up for it in its abundance of general lesson plan examples and ideas, along with helpful bibliographies.

Overall, it is a course that meets the introductory needs of the beginning teacher all the way through to a substantive review for more experienced ESL educators.

The assessment portion of this course was a simple quiz that focused on grasping the main ideas of the unit. While convenient and low-pressure, I would argue that this is possibly the weakest portion of the course. More length and substance to some of the units' assessments would be a welcome improvement.

Anna
University of Texas- Austin

Affordable & Easy with Full Time Schedule

My experience with the Uni-Prep Course was fantastic. I was initially worried about the time commitment on top of being a student, working with an internship, and school work assignments. I also was trying to be mindful about purchasing a TESOL course that was affordable, and this course was definitely in my budget! There are ten units, a video, reading assignment, and quiz per unit. If you are an advanced English speaker, I recommend watching the videos on an increased speed of 1.25x or 1.5x to be more time efficient. Additionally, you get two chances per quiz, and they take the highest grade. I recommend using this to your advantage and taking the quizzes back to back while the content is fresh in your mind. It is very easy to excel in this course and enjoy the process. I definitely recommend this course!

Better quality video

Aine
Lithuania

good experience

all course is divided into units, each of them has a video explanation and about 15 pages of theory, that you have to read. After you read 1 unit, you take a quiz and test your knowledge what you learned by reading and watching the video. After you finish all the units, you can have a certificate. Everything is clear, detailed, so it's a nice experience, which give you a good quality knowledge and teaches you exactly what you can need during the lessons. I recommend everyone, who doesn't have time to attend classes and want to make courses online at your own comfortable schedule

the voice of the video could be different.

William
Canada
University of Ottawa

Wonderful course, good information and detail

This is a very good course, and it provides the information is good chunks easy for you to study and learn. The videos could be a little better for the sound, but they provide a good guide, the information is presented really well. I enjoyed it and I recommend it highly.
The PDF documents are amazing they contain all sorts of details and provide great examples, these document will go with me everywhere as a guide.

Sound on the videos

Ronald
Fort Pierce, Florida USA

Excellent!!

I had a great experience with UNI-Prep. The program is very user friendly, and very organized. I took my time to finish the course at my convenience, and overall just the way the experience feels in general. Although I have several years of experience as an English teacher, I feel more confident that I can deliver my courses in a more complete professional way. I would definitely recommend UNI-Prep to anyone who's serious about getting qualified to teach English abroad.

If have to say that my experience was so good, I have little to say about improvements other than maybe improving the audio quality of the videos. Other than that, this course is excellent and I'm sure it's the best.

Emileigh

A practical course

I enjoyed taking the Uni-prep TESOL certification course. I felt i was supplied with an abundance of instruction and helpful information. Each unit of work provided a lecture/video, reading material, and other sources that you could find helpful information. I also appreciated that I could work at my own pace to complete the course. I would recommend the course to others looking to become TESOL certified.

Melissa

TESOL Certificate

I needed an online course to go at my own pace. This company offers everything you need. Good course material. Lots of information. This course is what you make of it. The students deserve a genuine effort and this program offers the motivation and knowledge needed to do so. Job placement and help with my resume was an added bonus. I feel very prepared for my new job. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a flexible program to prepare you for teaching English abroad.

Daria
Russia, Vladivostok

Great course

The 120 hr online TESOL certificate course is exclusively satisfactory.The course structure is well planned.The in-depth explanations and numerous practical examples also make the course unique and extraordinarily worthy.The price too is relatively affordable.I believe strongly that this course is going to impact tremendously on my career as an English Teacher.
Thank you, UNI-Prep.))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

UNI-Prep is a private training institute offering online TESOL Certificate and TESOL Diploma programs. In addition, to TESOL teacher training, UNI-Prep offers courses in business and management. We have had thousands of graduates who are currently teaching overseas in over 100 countries. All our programs