UNI-Prep 120-Hour Online TESOL Certification Course for $250

My trip 2017
My trip 2017
Waterfall in Las Lajas Church, Colombia.
with my ex-ELL teacher
Beijing Marathon 2015

UNI-Prep's online TESOL Certificate program is 120-hours in length, is fully accredited, and internationally recognized. The course is taught using a combination of videos, readings and interactive assignments. Tutors are available for support at anytime during the course.

Graduates of our program enjoy the respect that comes with the UNI-Prep name around the world. Our TESOL/TEFL courses are designed to be both educational and fun. Our fees are all inclusive and include all fees; there are no additional fees on top of this -- we promise!

Our courses don't have a set schedule; you will work through the course at your own pace and time. Most of our graduates complete the TESOL Certificate program in 2-4 weeks, although you can take up to 1 year if you would rather take your time.

Our goal is to make sure all our students graduate and are completely satisfied with their experience with us. Visit our website to learn more about our institute and course offerings.

• Fully online - study at your own pace from anywhere
  • Free shipping internationally is included!
  • Accredited and recognized worldwide

• Academic Rigor 7.1
  • Job Assistance 8.1
Edna

Worth the experience

I have spent weeks in searching for the best TESOL program. I was a bit hesitant and scared to take an online course because I have read a lot of negative reviews but then, when a friend told me that UNI-Prep is legit and did confirm it myself by doing more research about their program, I decided to register and never regretted doing it. The experience was challenging and exciting. I have learned a lot and I feel more directed now on how to help my students better by applying all those strategies that I haven't tried yet and would surely follow the tips suggested in the course on how to teach English in a fun way. And I just hope that having this certificate (plus my bachelor's and my master's and experiences) will give me more and better opportunities.

So far, every thing is perfect. The video/audio lecture and the reading handouts were very helpful.
Lazzat

Very accessible!

As I already worked as a full-time English teacher at that moment, I was seeking for TESOL Certification course that would not take me much time and that would be easily accessible. I was recommended UNI-Prep by the school I was working in since many teacher from there already had experience getting certification in UNI-Prep. Honestly, I was a little be nervous about the learning process, because it was my first online course, but everything went pretty well: the instructions were clear and the material did not make me feel overloaded at all. I could arrange my own pace and work wherever and whenever I wanted. The Quizzes might seem terrifying at the beginning, but as long as you get used to the learning the process, you will find it easier and easier each time you take a Quiz. Generally saying, I was happy that I opted for UNI-Prep, and if I have chance later, I will definitely take other courses as well!

Laura

Best online TEFL course out there

Amazing course - I was in a rush to get through my TEFL as quickly as possible to get work. I have a teaching background though not with languages but I managed to complete the course in a day!

There are 10 units and each is comprised of a 20 minute video and a PDF between 10 & 20 pages long. You then complete the quiz after you have gone through that material.

The first unit encourages you to write a resume/CV which most people will need to do anyway so to have that included in the course material was a bonus. They also provide you with prompts on what to write and give an example of a resume.

Really nice to have the quizzes at the end of each section rather than assignments too. You get two attempts at each quiz and you are shown what you answered incorrectly the first time from the multiple choice questions.

Online worked perfect for me. Best course out there for sure!

Nothing - this course exceeded my expectations in so many ways!
David

TC2017_review

The course is well organized and covers all essential information needed to be The an ESL teacher.
It prepares you for teaching children or adults at all levels - beginner, intermediate or
advanced. The questions in the quiz were well chosen to test you on the knowledge you
obtained from watching the video and reading the text for each unit. Sufficient time was
allowed for each quiz and it was very helpful to be allowed two attempts for each unit quiz.
The speaker in the videos was very good, explanations were clear and many good examples
were given. The reading material was well organized and gave good information on different teaching techniques and which ones were best for children or adults and for what level they
were appropriate. Course length was just right.

A few more examples would be helpful, especially for the different teaching activities.
Joan

Very Affordable and Fulfilling!

I enjoyed thoroughly that I could do this class on my own time. I went at my own pace which really helped to understand the information better. I also liked the pricing and how affordable the course is as I have looked all over for a more affordable class. Looking at the reviews and seeing the price, I was happy to dive right in and take this class. I am thankful to pass by UNI-Prep! I took the class within three weeks and I feel that I am definitely more prepared to begin working and teaching classes online.

The one issue I did have was the video quality. I think it could use a little bit more work. The sound was a little muffled and difficult to understand but the information was easy to understand and straightforward with clear examples and great help.

I would work on the video quality. Some parts were a little difficult to understand (not material-wise but rather just sound quality). The information is helpful!
Seyed Anoshirvan

Great Course!

I wanted a suitable online TESOL certificate and I found UNI-Prep. It was really great and I learned a lot! Thank you!

The course contains all aspects of teaching English as a second language to foreigners. Throughout each of the 10 units, I was learning many new things were explained clearly and in detail.

I recommend this course if you want to get a job which requires TESOL certification because the content is rich, international shipping of the certificate is included, you can study and take the quizzes at your own pace and in any location with an internet connection and it is also accreditted internationally.

Especially for those who want to apply for work permits in certain countries, this course seems to be a great choice, so don't miss it!

It's pretty much complete. The reading parts had some minor errors, not in content but rather missing or misplaced words. Other than that it's pretty much perfect.
Stacey

I can apply what I’ve learned-today!

I am an elementary teacher in Oklahoma. We have a large population of ESL Spanish speaking students. I took this course mainly to figure out how I could help these student more with learning English. I gained a lot of insight and strategies through this course that I know will aid me in improving my ability to teach English to these students.
I loved that the course was online.
Because I live so far from any large cities, taking a TESOL class in person was out of the question. Uni-Prep Institute’s online course was exactly what I needed.
My future plans are to go abroad through IVHQ and teach English abroad. I’m looking first to going to Costa Rica in the Summer of 2020.
Additionally, I plan on volunteering to help the parents of my ESL students to learn English so that they can help their kids with school.

I cannot think of a way that I could improve your course.
Basabi

Informative & well planned.

Just completed the TESOL Certificate course. It was both informative and well planned. Liked that there were a lot of resources provided for use once I start teaching. I am looking forward to using the course material to plan my curriculum and developing lesson plans, assessment to measure progress of students and more. I will definitely be referring back to the 'handouts' that I have saved for future reference.
The videos were a good supplement to the handouts and were also well presented. They were just the right length and provided the fundamentals of each unit. The instructor seemed engaged in the subject matter and provided the right emphasis where needed. This course gets an overall A+.
The link to create a profile on the ESL Jobs Lounge is a definite added bonus.

I was very satisfied with the course material. It would have been nice to have at least some one-on-one contact with the instructor.
Patrick

A good Course to begin with

I was looking for an online course that I can complete as soon as I want and is within my affordability.

This certainly is the course for the following reasons: able to complete at my own pace (as quickly as possible); at any place - as I travel quite often; at anytime of the day; with good supporting reading materials; and, videos to guide and reinforce learning. The materials and videos are just the correct amount and duration. I could replay the videos compare to attending classes which I would have to take notes while listening. The literature is to the point and does not dwell into redundant materials.

I would not hesitate to recommend this course.

I look forward to start my teaching adventure to foreign students at home and abroad. The ESLjobslounge has also been very helpful in posting job vacancies. This is absolutely great for a beginner like me. I could get all the help I can. Thanks!

I found that the some of the videos are not as clear and also the sound is a bit muffled. In addition, the slides seem to be cut-off at the bottom: not sure whether I have missed out any materials.
As for the quizzes, after both attempts have been exhausted for each unit, it would be good to display the correct answers for all questions. Otherwise the student may still not know the answer the to questions that are incorrect.
I would recommend to produce better videos and to provide the answers after the 2nd quiz attempt.
Mercedes

Great, complete, affordable course

Happy to have completed course! Loved how easy it was to follow and how affordable; cant be beat. No annoying communication or pressure to finish; can be done at own pace, when it's right for you. Lesson information is centered in real-life classroom situations; no nonsense! I am a very busy, single mother of two little ones with two jobs and was weary of embarking on an online course, thinking I would not finish, would just loose the tuition money or would have outside pressure to do so. Not the case! Unless student reaches out, very self oriented course that lets you work at your own pace. I'm pretty sure that many will agree, working on one's schedule and when the time is right is crucial for success. Pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. Highly recommended!

Nothing; it was great! Very complete and informational course. Liked how the videos were made and how precise the information is.
Manuel

Great program, easy to understand and follow.

An excellent system I have been teaching for over 15 years and it was a fun learning experience for me, a lot of tips and great advice as well as tools to make your life a whole lot easier, It is 120 hours long but it could be finished in a lot less time than that, It took me less than a week with 3 hours a day, you have plenty of time to do each quiz so you never feel pressured, The quiz system is great because you don't have to submit a final exam at the end of the course. highly recommended especially if you only have an hour or so a day, you could do this at your own pace from the comfort of home, the office or anywhere. you are always able to pick up where you left off and know that your progress is always saved automatically for you.

Video 8's audio quality was a bit poor nothing too bad but it could improve.
Daniel

A good TESOL

I got my TESOL from Uni Prep in the spring of 2018. This is my updated review.

I'm certified in the state of NJ to teach elementary school and History (all grades). I had been tutoring immigrants in conversational English and had been teaching English at a private institute for a year. The school wanted me to get a TESOL certificate to round out my credentials. Uni Prep was perfect for that.

The information is sound and matches the current theories being taught in university TESOL programs. I suggest new teachers to review the course materials every month to identify ways they can improve their teaching.

I paired mine with the OPI and WPT in English to demonstrate my English levels. Many schools want proof of proficiency, so an interview (the OPI) and a written test (the WPT) are good ways to show this. As a native speaker, I got the maximum scores for both, but having those certificates allows me to demonstrate to schools that I'm a native speaker.

Ramez

Awesome program, very user friendly and great info!

UNI-Prep is an awesome intuitive program that breaks down the TEFL info to grasp easier. The lessons are easy to follow, loved having video and written, plus the quizzes are challenging. I appreciate being shown all the specific information in the course. I signed up for this to go travel and use the certification to teach in Southeast Asia. The course was recommended as one of the top ones on digital nomad forums and I see why! Super excited about being part of the UNI-prep journey this and would def recommend it! I wish this review box didn't need 750 characters because I'm not sure what else to put here.. Let's see - I like chocolate chip cookies esp when they're thin & crunchy. But my favorite is when they're fresh outta the oven. Mmmmmmmm

Making the 'quiz' questions a bit more easier to follow.
Sierra

A great start for your TESOL career

I majored in areas completely different from teaching when I went to college, but then I found myself with a change of heart (and location) ten years later. I wasn't too enthusiastic about returning to college and creating more student debt, so a teacher friend recommended getting a TESOL certificate for my back pocket. I also will add, that I will be relocating abroad in a few months and wanted to arm myself with a way to have income coming in, without worrying too much about not speaking the language fluently at my destination. Uni-Prep has given me a newfound confidence that I will happily bring with me once I make it to my new country. I have a ease of knowing that I now have the basic fundamentals to remotely assist those seeking help with English as a second language. I'm excited about my new life as a digital nomad!!! Now I can ease into my new cultural surroundings a lot smoother knowing that I will be able to have income coming in by doing something that I am confident with.

The website has old year dates like 2013 and 2017 on the site which makes it appear a bit outdated. Seeing these old dates after purchase made me panic a bit and I questioned the sites creditably. However, so far, all is well.
Guy

SUpEr Interesting

Very attractive, affordable, video courses, own time paced. With my love with English and my experience in an English speaking school for more than a decade, I started teaching it to my local brothers and in some english centers.
This TESOL certificate is felt like an add-on on my projects for the future. Traveling, meeting and helping and instilling the learners to love this language.
I would recommend some update, because I thought it was outdated when I started. It seems to be from 2017...

It's just very interesting!

Maybe with some interactive and updates of the course.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About UNI-Prep Institute

UNI-Prep is a private training institute offering online TESOL Certificate and TESOL Diploma programs. In addition, to TESOL teacher training, UNI-Prep offers courses in business and management. We have had thousands of graduates who are currently...