By UNI-Prep Institute   Reviews (242)   93% Rating

UNI-Prep 120-Hour Online TESOL Certification Course for $250

By UNI-Prep Institute   Reviews (242)   93% Rating

UNI-Prep's online TESOL Certificate program is 120-hours in length, is fully accredited, and internationally recognized. The course is taught using a combination of videos, readings and interactive assignments. Tutors are available for support at anytime during the course.

Graduates of our program enjoy the respect that comes with the UNI-Prep name around the world. Our courses are designed to be both educational and fun. Our fees are all inclusive and include all fees; there are no additional fees on top of this -- we promise!

Our courses don't have a set schedule; you will work through the course at your own pace and time. Most of our graduates complete the TESOL Certificate program in 2-4 weeks, although you can take up to 1 year if you would rather take your time.

Our goal is to make sure all our students graduate and are completely satisfied with their experience with us. Visit our website to learn more about our institute and course offerings.

North America › United States of America › San Diego
Teaching Practicum
Training Type
Online
Training Length
120hours
Job Placement
500.00

After checking out their website, it looks like there are no requirements prior to enrollment. They do suggest participants to obtain at least a high school diploma. You can get more of your questions...
The certificate is recognized internationally, so it will definitely make teaching in China and Dubai a possibility! Here's the link to get more of your questions answered: https://www.uni-prep.com/te...
This is a general certification for all age groups. This particular course gives you basic teaching methods, ideas how to approach various age groups and levels learning English and techniques for suc...
The course does have recommendations about methods of teaching appropriate for children, adolescents and adults. If you have teaching background it will be easier to understand the methods and how to...
Well this certificate course is from the standpoint of teaching children and adults in general. So you should be able to do either.
Maybe you can but it would be best to ask some schools in Japan what they prefer. In Slovenia I asked at the place I want to work and at first they said they want the TEFL course but then I asked if t...
UNI-Prep 120-Hour Online TESOL Certification Course for $250

Atlanta, Ga
University of Denver

Great lesson

Overall 10

This class was very informative and I enjoyed the format as well. The videos were great lengths and were easy to rewind and review information as needed. The written lesson was also good and the wording made it easy for you to learn at your own pace. The quizzes were tough but they reviewed the materials you learned without any trick questions. I really enjoyed the fact that I could take the class at my convenience.

Great lesson as is.

ERIK
OSAKA
University of Victoria

Exceptional learning experience

Overall 9

Excellent course. Everything I learned will greatly increase my chances of being a top-tier teacher. The lessons were put together in a way that made learning easy and fun. They way the videos were laid out and the instructors way of speaking made for a delightful learning experience. Also, it was good to see that the PDF's were downloadable so I can return for easy reference in the future. I'm looking forward to putting my new skills to work. Thank you.

Esther
WA

Nice class for the price. :)

Overall 7

I took Uni-Prep in order to get a TESOL teaching certificate. I wanted to get a certificate that would allow me to teach overseas.This class did exactly that. It is not super high end, in fact, it is very cheap. Which is why I liked it. :P The teachers did generally do a good job explaining things, and were very thorough. I would have liked a larger range of ideas, but I understand that for such a short class, hours-wise, that may not be possible....

Kyle
Morehead City, North Carolina

Overall 9

Hi there My name is Kyle and I have been working and living in Colombia for the last five years. I have been teaching ESL for five years now and I recently decided to get certified. This 120 hour TESOL course gives a lot of great information and is insightful for teachers and those who are interested in teaching ESL courses. This course was easy to access from any computer and I was able to complete the course in my own time. As a full time teacher I can tell anyone who is interested that this outlines all the basic information that teachers will receive once becoming an ESL teacher. I actually wish that I had taken this certification before i ever started teaching ESL. I taught art in the states for two years before moving to Colombia, however the teaching experience I had really helped this course is great for anyone looking to enrich their lives by teaching English in a foreign country.

More Dynamic videos

Діма
Zhmerynka

TESOL certificate

Overall 10

I've just finished TESOL Certificate Programm which is made by UNI-Prep Institute.
That programm was very helpfull for my career. Now I'm going to work as a teacher in China. I obtained knowladge how to make lesson plan properly, how to establish an effective classroom management, how to engage my future students and much more usefull information. To sum up I would like to recommend this course for people who are going to work as an ESL teachers!

Robert
New York

Good Program for the Cost

Overall 9

I found the Uni Prep language course to be helpful and useful in preparing for work as an English teacher. Overall, the material was applicable and relevant, and very well targeted. I feel more prepared to work as an English teacher overseas. While this program does not provide opportunities to teach, I am supplementing it by giving free online lessons over Skype, which has helped me to feel ready to teach in a classroom or tutoring environment.

I did not like the voice of the narrator on the powerpoint/slideshow videos. It was a little bothersome, because it sounded like the speaker was being auto-tuned the entire time.

George
Richmond

Awesome Experience

Overall 10

As teachers we have one job, to prepare students for a ever changing world. Uni prep gives a basic foundation to do just that. English is the language that people all over the world speak, it has become the compass for success in many arenas to come. After this course I am prepared to teach people all over the world how to communicate more effectively in those arenas. My favorite part of the course was the idea of "cross cultural". It is important to bring your culture to a classroom but just as important to understand the culture of the classroom. Thumbs up.

Tim
Seattle
Bellevue College

Just a few things

Overall 7

The information presented, quizzes, and the ease of navigation for the website is well put together. I enjoyed the wellspring of information provided so concisely. The quizzes reinforced the material nicely. This is my first experience with an online certification course; so I appreciated the straight forward design of the site.

A couple interesting things that I noticed were some misspellings and missing words in the texts. Also, the quizzes are great for recalling important material; but they leave the reinforcement of said material almost entirely up to the individual. Just a bit of nitpicking mostly, but honesty is definitely important and i was slightly bothered. If you prepare a personal interview prep sheet with the material from the course I imagine that is all the reinforcement needed.

Ifetayo
NY
Smith College

Great course

Overall 7

This course took me a while to finish because of my own issues. Yet it was straightforward, to the point and the reading combined with the videos are super helpful and make the quizzes a breeze! I wish there were a great variety in course work for this, but overall it's pretty easy. I think the only thing missing is more interactive activities besides the quizzes. I'd recommend this course to anyone considering teaching English abroad.

Yanek
Tägerwilen, Switzerland

nice one!

Overall 10

Did the course in between two weeks and learned a lot! The 10 units are all well structured and any video helps you to understand the main facts about the topics. If you are really in a rush you can even do it in within one week!

Elizabeth
Casper, WY
University of Wyoming

TESOL Certification

Overall 9

I started this a couple months ago and did it while I was finishing my degrees. I liked that it was online and self-paced so I didn't have deadlines to meet. I will say you need to be motivated to do this on your own and actively work on it. The lessons are all structured the same with a video and a reading. The quizzes are usually around ten questions long and I felt prepared to take them after doing the readings. I did have a slight problem and had to email the company. They got back to me quickly and fixed the issue. Overall a good experience and I feel ready to go teach.

I think they could improve be better job assistance. The website they provide for you to create profile on only had 28 job postings when I looked at it and 90% were just from China.

Philemon

New start

Overall 10

It is a new start for me. I love to share my experiences with others. But I love to be always on move.
So I love to have extra tools to use them in my work. This was what I was looking for in an online course. Good price, self paced, and focused on all types of learners. It was also nice that the video speaker help me in a practical way to develop my teaching abilities. Lessons help me to find techniques and suggestions more insightful because I understood why I should follow their recommendations.
Because I have to work to gain some money, was nice for me to have these lessons to make me better.
Thanks for a great course! Thanks UNI Prep for your support.

Some extra videos with some practical informations

Youngstown, New York

Uni-Prep TEFL Course

Overall 10

I decided to take a semester off from school to teach abroad in China and was looking for an online course that would prepare me, since my teaching experience is very limited. The Uni-Prep TEFL course turned out to be a good fit for me, being affordable and something I could complete rather quickly. The content was well developed with readings and multimedia. I'm happy I purchased this course and very excited to be teaching abroad soon!

Va

The right course to get you started

Overall 9

I found the materials covered what's needed to get started in teaching ESL. I feel ready now. Thanks UNI-Prep.

UNI-Prep Institute's online TESOL certificate course was informative, challenging, and fun.

The course covers ten areas related to teaching ESL. Each module will have a short video and reading material. Once you complete your review for a module you need to take a quiz. The quiz will be short, 8-10 questions, that review all the information in the module. Your course grade will be based on your quiz results.

I enjoyed the flexibility of completing this course on-line.

Vaughan

It was good

Overall 10

The course was a lot cheaper than other's I found on the internet. The two hundred and fifty dollars it costed while in Canadian amounted to roughly 330$ if I recall correctly, it was much better than the $1,000+ courses I saw, and wouldn't be able to afford. The course was well organized into Video, Reading, and Quiz. The Videos helped summarize what I read, very good videos. They also put in Section ten which is purely there to help you out when you're working, with ideas for how to teach.
I recommend this course.

Tsyrenzhap
Ulan-Ude

UNI-Prep TESOL certification course

Overall 9

UNI-Prep TESOL certification course provided me with a lot of useful information and tips to improve my skills in teaching English. Reasonable price, self paced and easy to access. Really satisfied with the course. I graduated from Linguistic University in Russia, so I was eager to know different strategies and methods of teaching English. This course gave me full answers to almost all my questions regarding the issue.

Personally I think that presentations could be a bit 'brighter'

Zoe
Durango
Fort Lewis College

Overall 10

I've been an elementary teacher overseas and stateside for many years and have been searching for an online TESOL course. After reading reviews and content information, I'm very glad I chose UNI-Prep. This program is perfect for anyone seeking an affordable TESOL certificate. The flexible pacing, easy access, well organized and structured units were great especially since I work full time. I didn't utilize the tutoring support, or job search options that were provided. I'm excited to have this additional certification and highly recommend UNI-Prep's courses!

Azat
Naberezhnyye Chelny

Excellent!

Overall 10

Great course! At the beginning I thought it would be something long and boring, but fortunately I was wrong! Great course! At the beginning I thought it would be something long and boring, but fortunately I was wrong! It's a very good investment for someone who wants to become a TESOL teacher. You will gain a lot of knowledge and I guess, after 1 year of teaching experience, all of us would be professionals!

Ashley
Climax Springs, Missouri

Advantageous

Overall 10

The online format of the program is advantageous in that anyone can complete his/her TESOL certification or diploma when he/she has the time. It is easily accessible and user-friendly. The work is not overwhelming and contains quality information. Most importantly, it allows an individual to open new career possibilities quickly and inexpensively.

I'm looking forward to using my certification to teach abroad!

Such a minor detail: the voice of the man in the videos bothers me. It sounds so distorted and isn't pleasant to listen to.

Alyssa
Imperial, PA

UNI-prep tesol certification

Overall 10

I have been doing my research regarding a TESOL certification program. I was very excited to see UNI-PREP offered everything I was looking for. Not only was UNI-PREP course affordable in price, I could dedicate as much time as I had. This course took me 3 weeks but could be done in 1.5-2 weeks. UNI-prep is ideal for anyone looking to experiment in different career paths. All while making the course affordable and time sparing. I highly recommend this course.

Examples of lesson plans

Graeme
Dunedin

Learn at your own flexible pace

Overall 8

I liked this course as it could be accessed anytime and anywhere at your choosing. As a father with a young daughter and working full time I am pretty busy with little spare time, however this course offers so much flexibility that you just need the internet and an hour a day to hammer away at that in a few weeks of hard work you can complete it. The cost for the certificate is also very affordable.

Some of the questions in the quiz are somewhat vague resulting in using reduction to eliminate two options then making an educated guess on one of the remaining 2 choices available.

More specific content and lesson examples would be nice to see rather than just a quick theorized version of what to do/expect.

Geoffrey
Fort Myers
University of Michigan

Overall 10

Uni-Prep's TESOL course is a great value. The materials are clear, the tests are fair, and the learning is real! The teaching techniques and the knowledge I gained from taking this class benefited me almost instantly, as it gave me much better insight as to what my students were experiencing in my ESL classes. It also served to highlight both the mistakes I was making, as well as what I had been doing correctly. It gave me a fresh perspective on teaching specific aspects of English, and new ideas for lesson plans. Overall, this is a very good course that helped me a great deal, and will no doubt help my students over the long run.

Some of the videos could be more interesting. They are quite poorly produced.

Battle Creek, MI

Accessible and practical

Overall 9

UNI Prep's TESOL Certificate course is great in that it allows you to work at your own pace while still providing a thorough and structured course with new material that builds upon,already covered topics as you move along. Each lesson focuses on the topic at hand both from the perspective of you as the teacher as well as the perspective of the students. I was able to complete the course during my own time and gained valuable insight into what teaching English entails.

Pepperell

UNI-Prep TESOL

Overall 8

I had a good experience taking the TESOL training online with UNI-Prep. I wanted something I could do on my own timeframe, and this class was perfect. There were materials in video format and in a PDF reading, and they were thorough and detailed. (Please note I did not require any assistance from the staff, nor have I looked into job assistance, however I could not mark those categories as there was no N/A option.)

You may want to re-do the videos - the audio was weird sounding and the videos a bit blurred. I have a brand new laptop, so it may be the age of the video compared to newer technologies.

Neda
Nis, Serbia

Excellent course!!! Highly recommended!!!

Overall 10

A great opportunity to become eligible to work overseas! The course is very quick and easy way to get a certificate. The information provided is just enough if you intend to get prepared very fast and do not have that much time. I fully recommend this course.Flexible hours, great price, and fair content. For each module there is a video and also an article to read. I made the video speed faster since I would rather listen to lectures at a faster speed. The audio is clear and easy to follow. The tests are multiple choice, and there is no free writing that must be accomplished in this course. I wouldn't say it is a very challenging course, but certainly full of great tips, and an online program that is easy to use. loved the organization and structure of the course. It was very cumulative and as such easy to follow. I enjoyed the ease with which I was guided through each unit and was happy with how the rudiments of teaching English was delineated.
I recommend this programme and institution to my colleagues.
Thank you for a truly wonderful learning experience.

Emmi
Lieto

Good online course

Overall 9

I was generally happy with the course. It gave a good overall idea of what to expect, and what will be expected of me when I'm teaching English as a second language.

I would have hoped for more variable excercises. For example, there could have been video clips of teaching situations, and students could try to spot teachers errors.

I would recommend this course for someone who is interested in obtaining a TESOL-certificate online.

Mike

Great TEFL at a great price

Overall 10

Good value for money. Intuitive and easy to navigate elearning site. The material was informative yet easy to digest. With some dedication this TEFL course can be completed in a few weeks yet you have to option of taking up to a year if you postpone your job search or for whatever other reason. I recommend this course for those who want a TEFL certificate at a reasonable price with a smooth learning process.

Atthys
Arcata

An effective couse.

Overall 8

Overall, this was a decent course. I can't speak to whether it will help me get a job because I haven't applied for any yet, but I'm sure it will lower some barriers. I hope so anyway. I certainly feel better equipped to approach employers than I did before.
Mostly the material was valuable and easy to understand. I thought the videos were thoughtfully presented and made a nice supplement to the course.

Some of the quiz questions were ambiguously worded and could've used editing. Likewise the written material. Most of it was fine information-wise, but the writing could be improved by a good edit.

Sarah
Bridgeport

TESOL in two weeks

Freea

Affordable Online Course

Overall 8

I just finished my program so I cannot say what uniprep will provide in terms of job resources and support but it looks like some other students have found great jobs. I am excited to explore options and they seem to have a good support system in place. The staff is great in terms of responding if you have any questions during the program. I was thrilled to find an online program that I could complete while working full time. This was a huge luxury. The price is great as well. The best I found anywhere.

F.L. Sarti

The videos could have been better audio quality also the instructor talked too fast. I had to rewind a lot. I would also like to see a larger sampling of questions on each test. 10 to 12 on each would have been better in my opinion.

Overall this was a great program for the money and I would recommend it for those who need the luxury of online.

Dyani
Hayward, California

A good experience!

Overall 10

This course was very quick and informative. It is a good option if you want the basics of teaching ESL. I am planning to teach online and just needed a quick certificate to allow me to do so. I also wanted the freedom of finding work in other countries. I am glad I went with this option because I was able to finish the course quickly without any problems. At first I was skeptical but thankfully everything worked out! Good luck to any future travelers!

The site alone is simple but I think it could be improved, it feels very bare.

Kristin
Reno
California State University- Chico

Easy, helpful, and affordable

Overall 9

This program provided me with all the information and prep needed to be ready for teaching english abroad! The modules were all very straightforward and well organized. The quizzes always reflected whatever was in the reading. Having the course be only 120 hours was the perfect amount of time to easily fit into my daily schedule. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to teach english abroad! Good luck!

Jason
moscow iowa

good course

Overall 10

i liked the course . and a good price for the course ! i like the fact that you can take your time and go at your own pace. i liked the videos . im not much for reading but it was not as bad as i thought . it went by pretty good .didnt seem like it took to long to complete . i would tell anyone that is lookng for a course to teach english over seas this is the one hands down the best !!! if tou dont think you can do it trust me you can !!

not sure it needs it

Paulina
Poznan

Overall 9

I am very satisfied with the Uni-Prep service and all materials they provided!.I wanted to get a TESOL to use to teach abroad in the future. The course was helpful in describing strategies for dealing with different levels and ages of students. I would highly recommend this program. This course exceeded my expectations! If anything I would say one improvement might be to have some type of teacher-student communication built into the lessons such as discussion posts, etc.

Mohammad
Kabul

Overall 10

I loved the course and am excited to start job searching! Some of the quizzes were tough but the materials were really good and useful. .... I especially enjoyed learning about classroom management and how to deal with difficult classroom situations. I think this section was particularly valuable for school teaching. I am hoping to teach primary school children so I also enjoyed learning about games and warm up activities. I don't have a background in education but I feel that this course has prepared me to stand confidently in front of a class.

Wendy
Daejeon

Quick and Easy

Overall 5

I have passed all my teaching exams and will soon become a licensed ESOL teacher. Unfortunately, the processing time for my background check and license takes 3 months. In the meantime I need a TESOL certificate to get a job. I chose this course, and was able to complete it extremely quickly and easily. Hopefully, this certificate will help me get a job while I'm waiting for my teacher's license. I highly recommend this course for teachers with prior experience!

Make it more difficult, the final grade should be 70% or higher to pass the course. 50% is too low a standard. Get rid of the videos, they are not professional and look and sound tacky.

Siegfried
Hanoi Vietnam

highly recommended!

Overall 10

I recommend the course for those busy teachers who have had practical teaching experience but wanted to obtain a quick certification program. Good price, self paced and easy to understand! . The course was very insightful, as it examines all the aspects and dimensions of teaching English as a foreign language. It provides one with a theoretical background of teaching English as well as practical ideas and materials, one can implement in the classroom. The course consists of 10 videos & papers divided into 10 units: Intro, Classroom Management, Assessment, Planning Lessons, Speaking, Vocab, Reading, Listening, Writing, Additional tools. After each unit, there is a test that can be retaken once, it has awesome level of difficulty: it's a bit demanding but not extremely hard. The biggest advantage of the course is the fact, that you can watch videos and read papers as many times as you want to. There is no rush. You want to skip unit that you think you know - no problem. Great program!

Solar
Cotonou

Up UNI-Prep Institute

Overall 10

I can't believe i have completed the TESOL. It is so awesome. I have a very busy work schedule but with this institute i was able to take the course at my free time. UNI-prep Institute Made Education Flexible...!!! I enjoyed the course and the Videos that flow along with the E-Book.. Now am registering for a Business Course with UNI-Prep Institute.. I am so happy!!!!

Tammy
Los Angeles

TESOL Course

Overall 9

I wanted to get a certificate to use to teach abroad in the future, but all of the ones around me were out of my price range. This one is really good for the price! It's fast and simple, and the information from the course is really helpful in teaching you what to expect from the classroom as well! The course went by really quickly as well, which was great since I tend to go through material fast. I preferred this pace over a physical classroom.

The videos didn't really helped me. I stuck with the PDFs. Some classroom examples would have been nice.

Bloomington, IN, USA

Easy and Affordable TESOL Course

Overall 10

I took this course to prepare for teaching abroad, hopefully in Italy or Spain. I teach IT courses as an adjunct, so I have quite a bit of experience. But this course was helpful in describing strategies for dealing with different types and ages of students trying to learn a very difficult subject: English. Part of being a good teacher is getting in the right mindset and understanding what is important and not so important to convey and learn. This course did a good job of making me think about those topics.

I think it would be very valuable to see videos of actual classroom experiences showing various teaching strategies, activities, group and one-on-one settings.

Geneva

UNI Prep Institute TESOL Program

Overall 10

I would highly recommend this program to anyone that is considering beginning a career as an ESL teacher. I found all the materials to be very well presented and extremely helpful. The lessons were highly concentrated with what seemed to be the most important information to keep in mind when teaching and preparing lessons, and I left each lesson feeling increasingly prepared to apply what I learned in a live setting. I will definitely keep the lesson files and video instruction around to refine my working understanding of each theme.

Also, the sequencing of the material built upon itself well, and the content was engaging which made the overall experience very enjoyable. I truly had a great time with this course and look forward to considering furthering my education with UNI-Prep
This course exceeded my expectations!

For this 120 hour program, I really don't have much feedback because this was a very well delivered entry-level course in which I did not encounter many shortcomings as far as feeling prepared and challenged. If anything I would say one improvement might be to have some type of teacher-student communication built into the lessons such as discussion posts, etc.

Orestes

Best course ever.

Overall 10

Very easy course . cheap. and very good to have a TESOL degree to get a job abroad . i definitely recommend this course to ESL teacher that want to teach about. this course teach you about how to handle children from other culture, how to create a good learning environment. tips on how to teach English on a pace that the students will understand . Also this course is good for people that work because you can do it on your own time and its great because it is accredited international which means any international school will recognize it.

Jin

UNI-Prep TESOL Certificate

Overall 10

I needed a TESOL certificate and was so excited when I found this program on the internet. I just completed the course and did not think that it was going to be that easy. I wish I knew about this program couple of years ago. The program is wonderful and the fee is quite reasonable. I can recommend it without hesitation if you lack of time and want to obtain a TESOL certificate online at your own pace.

The videos sound like a robot, I think they should be improved.

Irvin
Texas

TESOL Certificate course

Overall 10

I am an older learner who has decided that teaching foreign students would be fun. I started looking around for opportunities and found a school that hired me. They gave me some time to take and pass an TESOL course.

The search was frantic however when I found UNI-Prep on the internet, I read through the program several times. I decided to go ahead and take this course. I was so happy I did because not only does this course supply you with enough materials, most of the quizzes were passed the first time around.

I didn't need any help, I applied myself and I passed all the assessments. The course was worth the time I studied and the price I paid. Thank you UNI-Prep I appreciate what this course did for me.

I couldn't find anything wrong with the program.

Coles Bay, Tasmania, Australia

Uni-Prep TESOL course

Overall 10

The UNI-Prep 120-Hour TESOL Certification Course provided all the answers to Questions I had about teaching English as a second language. Informative and easy to use, each unit was well planned with plenty of useful information, covering all aspects of teaching English. Being able to study at my own pace online was an added bonus to a great course. I highly recommend this course to anyone considering pursuing a career as an esl teacher.

Perhaps some demonstration videos would be helpful.

Ruth

Tesol certification

Overall 10

I truly enjoyed doing the TESOL certification . It was helpful, informative and well structured,
The videos were easy to understand and the material well written.
Some of the concepts I learned it at college because I studied English and teaching methodologies , but been a ESL teacher abroad is different than teaching people from my own culture and mother tongue, so I really appreciated the tips, modules and content .
Most important for me, I was able to study on my own pace .
Great ideas, resources and methodology through the course, I am already using them with my students and I can see their excitement!

I would have liked to have a mentor or someone to skype with, but at the same time, it wasnt that difficult, so i guess is not really need it.

Diana
Beijing
University of Oregon

TESOL Certificate Program

Overall 9

Thank you Uni-Prep staff for the wonderful TESOL program! It was incredibly informative and easy to use. Since I am a visual learner, the videos were especially educational and helpful. This is my second year teaching English abroad in China, and though I learned a lot through my first year of teaching to younger students, having a TESOL certificate has helped me find a better job teaching English to college students. I couldn't have done it without the Uni-Prep course!

I think it would be helpful to have the course arranged so people watch the videos first and then do the readings, so it would further enforce the information.

Vancouver, British Columbia

Excellent Course

Overall 7

I am writing this review because it was so fun taking this course. I learnt a lot of things that I had forgotten since learning them in school. I believe this will ultimately lead to me getting a job overseas. So if you or anybody you know wants to travel and work abroad, I highly recommend taking this program as it will get you to where you want to be faster. I plan to travel a month from now. Thanks!

Jerel
Macon, Georgia

Great resource, great value!

Overall 9

I really enjoyed being able to complete this course in my own time. I work full time and I can´t take several weeks away from work at this time to study. This was the perfect option for me in terms of the cost and availabity. I used to work in Spain as an ESL assistant and although I wanted to find work teaching, it was difficult to look for work without being certified. Now, I have much more confidence and I feel prepared to venture abroad once more and look for work on my own terms.

Emma
Texas

loved that it is self paced

Overall 10

I really enjoyed the course, I loved how thorough the information was through videos and reading. I liked how it gave you two times to take the quiz, it gave me more time to re-study the questions I got incorrect, and more importantly I liked how it is self paced because I needed to get my certificate quick since I am already currently living in Vietnam and want to get a job asap. The price was also great compared to some others I came across, it was a no-brainer to choose UNI-Prep, I definitely recommend them!

Only thing I can think of is when you go over your quiz review and tells you which questions you got incorrect that they can also let you know the correct answer at the end

Joshua

Very well structured course

Overall 9

The readings were honest and well put together, making studying much easier. The only advice I would give is to have more examples of putting together lessons. The course is done at the student's pace. You can rush through it, but you will not have digested in the information you are learning. My advice would be to take notes on the videos and readings and then take the test. Every time you go to take another test, you should review previous notes to refresh your memory. This process will help you consolidate the information and put in in long-term memory.

I thoroughly enjoyed this academic experience and would take an online course again with them. Thank you Uni-Prep for this certification course.

More examples of implementing curriculum.

Tom
toronto

Overall 10

I have been an English teacher for three years and I found this program to be both very helpful as well as informative. I have already integrated what I 've learned into my classes to great effect. I found the cost to be affordable and I like that you can re-take the tests. I mostly teach speaking and that area provided the greatest benefit to me. However I also learned a lot about keeping my students motivated as well as happy and fostering a productive learning environment.

Some of the questions were a little hard to find the correct answer to as they were not mentioned in the readings.

Patricia
Coeur d Alene

Awesome quick experience

Overall 8

Super excited to get my certification so quickly. You can work at your own pace the entire time so you can finish it as soon as you need to. I leave for Europe in three weeks and needed to get my certification asap so I can start teaching as soon as possible, now I can. The content was easy to obtain and the quizzes were not too difficult if you read the content. The videos weren't necessary to watch, the readings gave you all the information you need.

Amber
Rockford, Illinois

Great program!

Overall 9

This was a great program, taking cost and content into consideration. I wanted something I could do at my own pace...it even had a supervised element, which is amazing because most programs at this price point don't allow for this! Take advantage! For all of you looking for the drawbacks of this program, the only thing I can say is communication is slightly delayed. If you write an email to the program, you can expect an email back in about one week or so. But, overall, I was very satisfied with my experience! Highly recommend!

Faster correspondence in emailing/communication.

Bruce
Casa Grande

Straightforward and Simple Process

Overall 9

The TESOL Certificate Course was straightforward and simple. I was able to learn new strategies as well as refine some of my current skills. I will definitely be able to apply what I have learned in my current job. I would recommend this certificate especially to anyone who has already been working in the English teaching field. It was a good cost for value certificate that was able to be accomplished according to my own timetable and schedule.

Valery
lima

learn at your own pace!

Overall 9

This program is great to learn at your own pace and gives you time to review the material. I really appreciate how they have audio and reading for each lesson. I found the quizzes not too easy nor to challenging. I recommend this program to anyone that has a busy life. Best part is that it is affordable compared to other offers i have seen online. I hope anyone looking into teaching abroad takes advantage of this course!

have an open chat on the website to chat with others taking the course.

Haley
McCalla
University of West Alabama

TESOL 120 hour course

Overall 10

I loved this course. It was easy and affordable. was able to complete it in a weekend just because I was determined and had a couple days off. The videos were harder to watch than I thought, but i would recommenced watching them ( they really help with the quizzes). Being a new teacher I liked that the course talked about the importance of lesson plans and gave a lot of information in unit 9 about teaching writing. I printed everything out so I can reference the information later. I look forward to using the knowledge I gained while teaching abroad next year! Overall I would give this course a 10 out of 10!

Harder quizzes. showing correct answers to quizzes after 2nd attempt. Thinking about redoing th video so they are better audio quality and easier to listen to.

Tanti
Tangerang

useful course

Overall 8

Informative course. Useful information. Lots of examples of explanations.
I really enjoyed these courses and I absolutely recommend it .
The videos are great and the documents are very informative.

TESOL program by UNIprep is a very comprehensive, well organized and easy to navigate online course. It is a great introduction to the basics of teaching English as a second language. It was a nice and refreshing experience. Highly recommended.

Charlie
Fort Worth, Texas

Practical and Helpful

Overall 6

Taking this course has been very helpful in developing my knowledge and understanding of ESL and teaching methods. I am very satisfied with the course and it's affordability! I would recommend this to anyone who wants a general overview of ESL teaching and how to approach teaching in a classroom. It doesn't give very specific information but it does an excellent job of giving you a well rounded look at TESL.

Inga
Nakhodka

Uni-prep TESOL Course

Overall 7

Useful and well-structured TESOL course.
It takes not that long to finish the course, if you have enough backgroud knowlege and some teaching experience, would be probably more valuable for someone who wans to refresh ones knowlege and improve teaching skills, might be too difficult if one has just started the job.
The best part ot the course is the correlation between the price and the quality of provided materials, if you need a certificate, but dont want to pay twice more for the same information-its the best opportunity/

Support theoretically needs couple of weeks to solve a problem or just answer the question, that seems to be inconvinient
the same about grading and shipping, two weeks for grading is the way too long.

Ashad Ul
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Great journey

Overall 10

I would recommend this course to anyone who would want to get a good understanding of teaching ESL abroad. It is quick, it is simple. It would definitely guide you with some questions or doubts you may have before planning to teach.
What I liked most about Uni-Prep is that, they provided me with an opportunity to retake quizzes which gave me the chance to improve my grades. Also, the fact that i can go back to the lectures anytime i wish, as it allows me to save all the lecture files.

Everything about this course was great.

Luigi
Toronto, Ontario

UNI-Prep TESOL Program - teaches the basics

Overall 8

I really enjoyed the UNI-Prep TESOL certificate course, it taught the basics on how to teach students in an EFL classroom concisely and efficiently. Although there were few grammatical errors in the readings, (uni-prep should really do a better job proof reading their handouts), overall, they were great and simple to read. The information obtained from this course is extremely useful for teaching abroad.

Fix the grammatical errors in the unit readings. There were a few.

Jesús
Poughkeepsie, New York

Great program.

Overall 10

The program is a great one. The Information given in the videos and documents is straight to the point, no time waisted. Although I was concerned about the quality of the course, I'm so relieved to find out it was a great program. The voice in the videos could be worked around a bit though. It startled me at first since it was so deep and the audio was a bit fuzzy. Besides this issue it was a great program. I learned so much stuff that I'm sure I'll be able to apply to my teaching.

The voice audio is a bit odd

Tereza
Unhost

TESOL for a non-native speaker

Overall 10

I am a non-native experienced ESL teacher. For some time I have been looking for a teaching experience abroad but hit the glass door. Recently, an opportunity has arisen, but TESOL certificate was requested, so I decided to do one online.

I did not have high expectations but now, after completion, I must say I am satisfied with the material and the way it is managed. Despite being experienced, it gave some new insights and encouraged me to proceed further in my career. I sincerely recommend this course to anybody considering a teaching career as well as to those who want to move on to another stage.

I would add more demonstration videos and interactive activities.

Okan
Yalova

Tesol certificate

Overall 9

I really enjoyed UNI-Prep’s TESOL Certificate course because of all the useful information it provides. I recommend it to everyone . thank you so much UNI-Prep .................................................................................................................

Benjamin
Atlanta

Solid course for an outstanding price

Overall 8

The UNI-Prep course is a helpful guide to learning the basic building blocks to becoming a successful TESOL teacher. The majority of things I worried about for my time teaching were at least mentioned throughout the course. The videos and readings are fairly short, but full of good information.

While a course with practice teaching included would be nice, this course is significantly more affordable and provides a lot of good information. If you are willing to read the material and reflect upon it and apply it yourself it will be useful. Those who need the guidance of a live teacher or assistant to stay on track should be a little careful though. Overall a good experience, we will see how it applies during my first teaching job soon.

More comprehensive assessments, written answers, etc. would provide better progress updates. However, for the price the format is fine.

Sonya
Spodnje Gorje

Overall 10

UNI-Prep's TESOL Certificate course is excellent because it provides a lot of useful information. I especially like the unit on Classroom Management which includes a section on Strategies for Establishing a Healthy Learning Environment. It talks about how students should be motivated, how classroom activities should demand a high level of student involvement and how to manage and eliminate student anxiety.

Jesse
Dunedin

Unit Prep 120 hour certificate

Overall 9

I have three years experience teaching ESL in South Korea and I wasn't sure how useful some online instruction would be but I really enjoyed it. I learned a lot more than I thought I would. I will continue to read over their materials. The tests are fair and although watching the videos would not be necessary to pass the test, they are worth it for reinforcement. I would recommend this certificate program to anyone who is unsure.

Lameisha
Greeley

Awesome Experience

Overall 10

My experience with the UNI-Prep TESOL course was a positive one. I really enjoyed the format of each lesson.The quizzes were challenging and they really made you think about what you've read throughly. Overall this was a really great course for learning the basics of Teaching English. This course will give you a lot of information about the steps of teaching english to the best of your ability.I really enjoyed the courses and that you can go at your own pace. I look forward to using the certificate in teaching abroad. Thank you so much!

Tran
Da Nang
Towson University

Comprehensive TESOL Course

Overall 10

Thank you for such a well-structured TESOL course, which I've just finished.The course is very well-organized, providing great knowledge and teaching methods for any future TESOL teachers. With videos, the learning process is even simpler and I was able to finish all the lessons within one month at my own pace. The things I've learned here will definitely help me a lot in designing my lesson plans.

Andrea
São Paulo, Brazil

Great experience!

Overall 10

It was a great course in which I have had a refreshment about teaching English . Even though I am an experienced teacher , this course was beneficial for me . I liked the fact that it can be completed on your own pace . I have also liked the way quizzes were structured and that the PDF documents could be kept to be looked at anytime you wish . I had a problem with the audio in the videos but the information was great and useful so we may close an eye on that . I have already recommended this course to some of my colleagues who are great English teachers but don't have the necessary training and certifications . All the best .

The sound of the video could be a bit better.

Seattle, Washington

Quick and Thorough

Overall 9

This is a high quality, highly affordable, and quick TESOL course. Whether or not you have background in education, this course lives to its promise of being quick, but still thorough at the same time.

I was actually able to blast through the quizzes within a day. I'm a fast reader and I minored in education. However, I still went through the work and I was happy to have spent the $250 as I was still able to learn more! Each unit took approximately 1 - 2 1/2 hours which included the reading and video elements. Passing the quiz on the first try is really simple so as long as you read, watched the videos, and took notes on both.

Though I finished within a day, I don't fully recommend doing that. However, if you have nothing planned for a day, you surely can finish this course. But even if you have a really busy schedule, you can finish this course within 10 days so as long as you do 1 unit a day (which is basically setting aside 2 hours our of your day to finish).

Making more extensive quizzes with short answer and filling in the blanks, rather than just multiple choice.

Having a final exam at the very end.

Meri
Greensboro

Good Basic Info and Supplemental Aids

Overall 7

I'm an experienced teacher and have a Masters, but have never taught ESL. I'm going to Asia and thought a TESOL certificate might help me pay for the trip. The first 1/3 of these lessons are well structured for students with little or no teaching experience in any field. But, beginning with lesson 5 to the end, I learned key words and important strategies specific to teaching non-native English speakers. There are also numerous supplemental teaching aids offered for those of us building a curriculum from scratch.

Kayahan
Igdir, Ankara, Turkey

Great!

Overall 10

I just finished my TESOL course with Uni-prep and I have to say that it was a wonderful experience. I am currently in the process of applying for a job in China. This was very helpful for me especially as I have never made a lesson plan. The material provided in the UNI-Prep certificate course is really helpful and I've already been able to use some of the suggestions to develop draft lesson plans. Thanks to the uni-prep for making this an awesome journey. And I have to thank for a very user friendly web page.

We alrady have 2 chances to get the test after the second time correct answers could be given to us.

Carla
Istanbul

120 Hr. TESOL Certificate

Overall 10

Very imformative course with excellent reading guide and clear understandable audios. Lots of useful information and examples that could be useful throughout my teaching career. Thanks UNI-Prep this course was worth the time and money.

The assessments were very challenging for me as some of the questions were a bit tricky and not exactly out of the content read. They were based on the topics but were written in a way that you had to read between the lines.

This program could be improved by using simpler words instead of bigger complicated words.

Paul
Marrero, Louisiana

Fast and Flawless

Overall 10

I am a new father, a school teacher, and the sole provider for a household composed of 2 elderly (80's) grandparents, an 11 month old, myself, and my wife. I have a very limited amount of time and money to devote to any activity not immediately useful so I was originally skeptical of tacking a course to teach English overseas. the good people at uni prep completely reversed that fear. the course was affordable, fast, and flawless. I learned a lot for not a lot of money and have something in my back pocket to teach and let my family experience another culture.

more options after completion of the basic certificate for specialization, academic English, scientific English etc...

James
Kirkland Lake

TC2015 Course Review

James Anderson course TC2015
Excellent course. Easy to follow. I learned a lot. I would like to see some
sample lesson plans so will call support. Appreciated going at my pace. Videos very helpful with teachers experience being presented. I am now in a position to develop plans and activities for my application. I will now use support group to recommend the English text to use for my course.
Thanks
I am not really an English teacher but with planning and dedication to my students I expect to help Chinese students learn how to converse affectively in English. I will bring humor to the class to draw much interest in many subject areas. Hey I only know 2 words of Chinese.
This course will allow you to be flexible.

Provide some sample lesson plans.

LaLa

Excellent value and great education

Overall 9

I am gearing up to live overseas with my son and in need of finding work to support us. I would love to teach English and this course has really helped me get my feet wet in the field of ESL. The units were excellent in covering the varied areas of teaching English. I feel like I can go on to actually teach English in other countries with this certificate alone or perhaps I can take further education in ESL and I already have a solid base from which to work from. Thank you Uni-Prep!

Anastasia
Vladivostok

Best course ever!

Hey everyone!
I have just completed my TESOL course and I'm so happy and grateful for this opportunity! What I found unique about this course is as follows:
1. Flexible time schedule.
It's crucial when you work at the same time so you cannot really force yourself to follow some fixed schedule. Moreover, I live in a different time zone so the possibility of studying using my own time schedule was brilliant!
2. Clear and unique content.
The information that has been provided by uni-prep is really unique and clearly written, so I was amazed by the interesting methods and techniques.
3. Useful materials.
I was extremely happy of my ability to strictly use the studying methods and gain immediate results. I've noticed that my students are becoming more experienced and challenged.

Thank you so much for the provided lessons! It is a gold!

Liam
Birmingham

Travel and me

Overall 10

I first came to Vietnam back in December 2013, I met my brother here so we could go to our friends wedding, he was marrying a really beautiful Vietnamese woman. A few days after the wedding I was offered a job promoting a Hotel and Nightclub in Ho Chi Minh district 9, I accepted the job and went back to the Philippines where I was living at that time. I had a small pool-hall which I sold up, and came back to Vietnam and the Nightclub job. The woman I was helping there was not true in what she promised so I left there. At this time I had met a lovely woman who is now my wife, so we set up a coffee shop (cafe) together and we had lots of fun and good times there. I was offered a teaching job, teaching English to children in the mornings and adults in the evenings which I truly enjoyed doing, how ever i did not have any papers for teaching work, but I was told about the TESOL course. Wow I have now done that course and I am awaiting my Certificate, the course is great you work at your own speed no pressure and the instruction videos and written course is just great and so clear and instructive, I am so please now I have finished and I am just waiting for my Certificate to come and I will start teaching in a local school here. Thank you so much all at TESOL. I have told some of my friend about TESOL and I am sure they will do the course as I did.

I dont think you could do it any better than it is now, it is a great course

Heidi
Mequon
Carroll University

Overall 8

UNI-Prep offers a comprehensive, user-friendly online course for achieving a TESOL Certificate. The videos are extensive and approachable. The reading units prepare the student for each quiz thoroughly. I would recommend UNI-Prep to anyone looking to teach English to any level of students. It feels more like being in a classroom than taking an online course. By this I mean, the videos are especially conducive to learning, because they are delivered in a natural way. Take this course!

Terrill
Bowling Green
Western Kentucky University

TESOL Certificate Holder!!!!!

Overall 9

I just completed my TESOL certificate, and I can now begin my journey of teaching English to students of other languages. It was very informative, and a very rewarding process. If you are thinking of teaching English oversees, I recommend using UNI-Prep Institute for obtaining your certification. I am looking forward to expanding my horizons by teaching English in China beginning in September 2016. I fell that this would be a great opportunity for me, my wife, and my family to be immersed in another culture, especially the Chinese culture.

Travis
Somerset
Western Kentucky University

120 Hours TESOL Certification

Overall 10

I just wanted to say thank you for the opportunity to get my TESOL certification. I cannot wait until I receive my certification so can continue making progress towards teaching English in China. This certification process was really educational and really helped me to get prepared. This process was simple, clear instruction, and provided a lot of examples that are extremely useful. I would recommend this program for anyone.

Jakarta

Great TESOL Course

Overall 9

This course is great for those beginning in their TESOL journey. I have been teaching in Indonesia for 2.5 years and had no prior experience. This course has given me tools and confidence that I need to continue teaching and to become a better teacher for my students. Thank you UNI-PREP! If you want to travel and become a teacher but don't have experience or knowledge, UNI-PREP will hook you up! DO IT!

Maybe spend more time focusing on lesson planning or even having us send our lesson plans in to be evaluated.

Tim
Oley, Pennsylvania

UNI-Prep

Overall 8

The UNI-Prep TESOL Certificate Program does a great job of teaching to all learning styles. By providing both videos (narrated power point slide shows) and reading material, they offer a change of pace while still providing all of the necessary information. Additionally, each unit is full of suggestions and recommendations for lesson planning and other approaches to teaching. While the assessments aren't exactly challenging, they do require a fairly comprehensive understanding of what has been taught. I'm really looking forward to putting my education through UNI-Prep to good use as a TESOL/TEFL teacher.

I would love to take a similar course with longer, more challenging assessments. Also, incorporating some sort of observation opportunities would be very beneficial.

Ashley
None

Good Course, Small (fixable) Errors

Overall 9

It was relatively simple to do online, and can be done quickly (I finished in a little under two days) if you put in the time. You have up to one year to complete the course, however.

After registering and paying, it only takes a few minutes for the confirmation email so you can get started at any time!

There were some minor grammatical and spelling errors on the slideshows, (and the mouse pointer of the instructor should have been moved off the slides on the screen) but other than that, the course was good.

See Review

Eirini
Heraklion

It was great

Overall 10

120 hour-TESOL certificate Online has been a challenging course. I found the videos in each unit very conducive to learn. This e-learning program by Uni-Prep has given me the opportunity to asquire a widely recognised certificate in english and enhance my teaching techniques. I recommend it unhesitatingly. _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tulsa, Oklahoma

A step in the right direction

Overall 10

I was very pleased with the UNI-Prep Institute, not only in its convenience to go at my own pace, but how user friendly it was. Everything is very simple to understand while still being extremely thorough. I'm thrilled that I chose this institute to help guide me on my path to teach English abroad. I recommend this TESOL course to anyone who may be interested in teaching ESL. It was simply everything I needed.

It could not be any better, simply fantastic

Jordan
Fayetteville
University of Arkansas- Fayetteville

Thanks Uni-Prep!!

Overall 10

The Uni-Prep TESOL certificate course 2015 was very straightforward and easy to use. The online structure was accessible to me with my full-time work schedule. The course was very informative and provided many examples and practical strategies. I will use the PDFs as resources at future teaching jobs. The videos were easy to understand and clearly related to the content. I will recommend this program to my colleagues.

Alexis
Essex

Great Program

Overall 10

Easy and convenient to use. Great instructional videos and readings that aren't too much of a task. You can complete this course at your own pace which makes this a very relaxed setting. I learned a lot about lesson plans and how to effectively plan and teach your class. Some adjustments could be made to this course, otherwise it's a great experience. I am very confident I will become a successful teacher after taking this course, I highly recommend Uni-prep.

If Uni-Prep were to provide answers for questions that were incorrect, I think that it would be better.

Brittany
Lake Jackson

Overall 10

Thank you very much, Uni-Prep for making my TEFL course hassle-free! Having already moved abroad without any certification, I was worried that it would be very difficult. I was surprised how in-depth the course was, even though I still had the option to do it at my own pace. The assessments not only cover information from the readings and videos, but also force you to think critically as if you're already a teacher. I really enjoyed the unit on lesson planning since I have never had to do one before. Highly recommend!

Elvira
Omaha

120 hour TESOL 2015 with Uni-Prep

Overall 10

Hello everyone. Just finished my TESOL 2015 course. I liked it very much. The course is well-structured and has a ton of great information. Quizzes are based on the course material but require you to think and understand what you just studied. You have 2 attempts for quizzes but if for the second time your answers are still wrong there is no way to learn the correct ones. This needs to be corrected as the answers are important. Other than this, great course. Highly recommend!

THANK YOU!

Emmett
Macau

UNI-Prep 120-Hour is great and price is quite competitive

Overall 9

I have been teaching English for several years already but needed to get a TESOL certificate to get a better teaching position. I was able to finish this course in about one month. It was succinct and comprehensive. The instructor clearly has experience and gives many good instructions and tips for teaching English in a foreign country. My English lessons will definitely be more structured and hopefully students will enjoy them more too after going through this course. It has many good references that I will be looking more into when I teach in the future. I had a few minor problems with the website not responding sometimes but it always worked again after a while. I was happy that I could work at my own pace and whenever I wanted.

Website had a few glitches. Maybe a better server would help.

Lewisville

Thanks again!!

Overall 10

Uni-prep's courses are insightful and informative.
I am new to teaching languages in paticular,
and i conside my participation in Uni-prep's online
courses as an important step in my professional development.
I highly reccommend their courses and services to anyone
wishing to teach abroad. I look forward to augmenting and
expanding my abilities further by attending or participating
in their other course offerings in the future.

-John-
Saint Petersburg, RU

no need

Joung

TESOL course of UNI-Prep

Overall 9

Finally, I have just finished TESOL course on Uni-Prep. This is obviously impressed course.
Even if I graduated english literature of foreign language in University long long time ago, I always thought to get TESOL course. UNI-Prep is a great way to obtain an accredited TESOL degree at your any place. I really enjoyed the videos and commentary. It is very comprehensive and there are many things from each unit. The instructor was professional and has obviously had considerable experience teaching.
Thanks to the course, If I have chance to be English teacher in the future, It will helpful due to get this TESOL of UNI-Prep. and also, I am now more confident as an English Teacher.

I will recommend UNI-Prep to friends and family.

Thanks to UNI-Prep.

Michael
gaziantep

INTERESTING

Overall 10

This course comes with a small price tag compared to other certifications and provides a lot of very useful information, especially for people without prior teaching experience. I enjoyed the videos and readings, and I feel that I gained valuable knowledge about teaching methods and lesson plan strategies. I did not receive any job placement assistance through UNI-Prep. The website is nothing fancy and has some bugs but refreshing the page typically does the trick. Overall I am happy with my decision to get certified through UNI-Prep.

Carly
Washington, DC
University of Maryland

Great online course

Overall 10

This 120-hour online TESOL course was informative, easy to follow, and able to be completed as quickly or as slowly as my schedule allowed. Written materials were detailed and provided valuable information regarding teaching techniques and classroom management. Audiovisual aids supplemented the written material nicely. I feel prepared to teach English having completed this course. I would highly recommend it, especially to busy professionals who hope to teach in their futures.

Iddrisu
Istanbul

What a great course with substance

Overall 10

I have just finished the 120-hour TESOL online certificate course.I must confess that the course materials and explanations were absolutely satisfactory.The price too was cool.I couldn't have had enough.
UNI-PREP is really a great source to obtain and acquire the A-Z techniques,methods and approaches of teaching English to students of other languages.I have learnt virtually all that I needed to learn to improve my career as an English teacher.Uniprep,you are really doing a great job.

Vittoria
Naples

Excellent Course

Overall 9

Interesting and useful, I would reccomend it to anyone who wants to take a TESOL Certificate online at their ownt time, from the comfort of their homes, not at a very high price. I think the service they provide is excellent, the material they use is interesting and useful, easy to download and it can be stored in your computer and checked any time you need it. It will help my career as a teacher, with no doubt!

Lauren
California
University of Nevada

Overall 9

I really enjoyed the readings and videos as I learned valuable information. I just got back from teaching in Asia and didn't know half the things that UniPrep taught me. The customer service woman was also super helpful and professional when I called and she answered all my questions. I highly recommend this program to all educators wishing to teach English as a foreign language. Thank you UniPrep!

Abdulmonem
United Arab Emirates, Dubai

TESOL or Not

Overall 8

I have finished TESOL course with UNI-Prep.It has added a lot of profit and pleasure hence why I will have to say thank you UNI-Prep staff.The course gave a comprehensive and sufficient thought about teaching, class management, lesson planning, assessment, and ways of teaching the basic four skills of reading, writing, listening, and speaking in addition to teaching vocabulary words. Notes were to the point. it would be really beneficial to any teacher who is willing to and thinking of his or her professional development.

This programme could be improved by adding some videos showing real outstanding sessions to get benefit from.

Sondra
Hollywood, CA
Northern Arizona University

Excellent Course to Earn Your Certificate

Overall 10

I just finished the TESOl certificate course and feel very confident that I now have a strong foundation teaching English as a Second Language. They also give you several resources to supplement your learning. Well worth the money.I like how they practice what they preach and address the different learning styles in their program with videos, visuals, and written material. Everything was up to date and easy to understand.

Clean up some of the audio on the videos.

Hang
Vietnam

Worth-taking

Overall 8

I have just finished TESOL course on Uni-Prep few minutes ago and am really excited to write this review. I have been a teacher of English for 2 years but still wanted to take this course. Yes, I am paid off with what I learn from it. It is very comprehensive and there are many things from each unit that I didn't think of before. Thanks to the course, I am now more confident as an English Teacher and surely will be more effective. Highly recommended!

It would be more challenging if there were some writing assignments.

Margo
London, England
Northeastern Illinois University

Videos

Overall 8

I enjoyed the videos. The teacher of the videos gave some of his experiences. The TESOL course was reasonable and I liked that I could go at my own pace. I have a busy life and I liked that it was not rushed. I liked that I could stop the videos and take notes. The pdf notes were helpful. I could underline and highlight the pdf notes.
I was able to email about questions and received responses to my emails. Overall it is an enjoyable and informative course.

Have the answers to the questions be exactly what was written in the pdf notes and videos. Some of the answers were not exactly what was in the pdf notes or videos. Give more activity ideas.

Kimberley
Japan

Great Course with No Pressure for Timing

Overall 10

The course's format made it easy for someone with multiple jobs to study and complete in their own time. Being able to read and watch content online when it suited my schedule took a lot of pressure off of the learning experience. In the past, having to deal with strict deadlines for online courses, has ruined the experience for me. Between the detailed content and the freedom to study when you can, Uni Prep is the ideal course for those looking to upgrade their qualifications.

Won
University of Auckland

Thanks Uni-prep

Overall 8

I have just finished the 120 hour TESOL course in 4 weeks and I will recommend it to everyone who is looking to teach English overseas as a second language. I am currently located in South Korea looking for a job so I hope this TESOL certificate can open new opportunities for a variety of jobs in Korea. Also it is a worldwide course so I am excited to travel to other countries and look for jobs as well.

Alice

Straightforward and surprisingly easy

Overall 10

The videos and readings were helpful and clear. I feel more prepared to teach abroad. I appreciated that this course allowed me to study at my own pace and since I was in a hurry to get certified, it took me less than a week to complete. Also, it's nice to have access to the materials and readings to refer to in the future.

(Note: I just finished the course and haven't requested job placement assistance yet, but still had to review it to complete this review.)

Mohamed
Boumerdes Algeria

TESOL 120h course

Metin
Ankara, Turkey

You can work at your own pace

Overall 10

The best words that describes UNI-Prep TESOL: it has a user friendly web page, it is simple to cover, you can access it anytime, and you can fit it in your schedule. I enjoyed and finished it in a very short time. The materials are organized well. When i finish it, i fell myself confident to teach English to non-native students. It gained me a lot.
I recommend UNI-Prep to anyone who needs a TESOL certificate.

Michelle
Toledo, Ohio
Thomas Edison State College

Amazing! And I'm Certified to teach!

Overall 10

This program is awesome! The modules are videos and PDFs, which are keepers! I'm sure I will review these lessons for years to come. I found the course extremely informational and well written. I found the course packed with tremendous academic, personal and professional experience. There are 10 modules which are decribed on their website. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone thinking of teaching speakers of other languages, either home or abroad. A couple tips, the time to understand the material, understanding the material will make the module quizzes much easier. The questions in the quizzes are not formatted based on the reading material, they are based on your understand of the material. Otherwise good luck!

I loved it, the way it is!

Michael
Colta, Ecuador
University of Tennessee- Knoxville

The course was more that I had hoped...

Overall 9

I finished my TESOL from an accredited school without having to take out a loan. The teaching was excellent, and I'm a lifetime member of their website where I can access additional tools and materials.

I finished the course at my own pace, and the material is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Each lesson includes an instructional video and reading. The reading should be completed prior to viewing the video. I like that there are also two chances to score well on the tests.

There may be no better option in all of Canada than UNI-Prep.

Benny
Prague

Very well paced and comprehensible

Overall 10

I really enjoyed learning and obtaining a TEFL certificate through the Uni-Prep online course portal. The material was accessible and easy to access. The information was very insight full as recent former student and gives a real opportunity to dream about becoming a teacher who is there to make learning a language a fun and passionate activity. I am incredibly satisfied with this course and can't but recommend it to anyone who's interested.

The Videos are fo low quality and the sound is terrible. If I was Uni-Prep i'd definitely consider reshooting them because the content wasn't bad.

Dayana
Dominican Republic

TESOL COURSE

Overall 10

I was intersted in teaching English... with the Need to prepare my self and learn some techniques i looked up a course and found Uni-Prep had the best options for me. I could study at my own house, at my own schedule. After i enrolled, things got better, the lessons were so explicit and easy to learn. Now i feel very professional, with lots of tools and strategies i can use to help from children to adults learn the english they very much need. Thanks to Uni-Prep!!

Taima
Germany

so much better than others!

Overall 10

I've been searching a long time to find a good online course, and I found it here. It's so much better than others (they're more expensive and much more difficult) but when I found UNI-Prep I registered immediately, I hope everything will continue going great and I hope to get my certificate soon.

So thank you again!
-Taima

by writing the grades on the certificate!

Rebecca
Lancaster, PA

Thorough Course

Overall 9

I felt that the content was thorough and well presented with both video and reading components. I liked being able to take the course at my own pace as I have a prior background in teaching. I would recommend this program for others interested in teaching English.

I plan on using this knowledge to get a teaching job in Vietnam. While visiting there I talked to other teachers who said it was a need there. I hope to be an asset.

Virginia
Harrisonburg, VA

TESOL In My Own Time

Overall 10

The Uni-Prep TESOL on-line course was exactly the kind of affordable, flexible course I needed to fit into my somewhat unpredictable schedule. I am a seasoned intercultural professional, and have run my own business for 15 years providing cross-cultural training and consulting services to corporate and academic professionals. I speak quite good Mandarin Chinese but wanted to add a credential to increase the likelihood of finding a suitable job teaching in China. I am delighted to add this credential to my resume and I look forward to applying the competences I learned through this affordable, convenient course.

If I had to change one thing, I would actually lengthen the exams at the end of each unit, and test on more of the material.

Alim
Toronto

TESOL Certificate Program

Overall 10

My experience with Uni-Prep Institute was amazing. I enrolled in the program TESOL Certificate. I enjoyed how all the material was simple to follow with a lot of learning information. The staff were very helpful with whatever questions I had. I would recommend this program to anyone who would like to work with students of all ages teaching English. As a student, I have learned many things such as how to become effective when teaching English to beginners all the way to advanced students. As long as you read the material for each unit and you watch the video you will do good and take notes you will do good.

There is nothing I would change in this program. Everything was very clear and the materials are very easy to navigate thorough.

Linda
Richland, Washington

120-Hour TESOL

Overall 10

The above program was an outstanding program and I would recommend it to any individual who wants to pursue a career in ESL teaching or tutoring, whether doing it abroad or online. The course material was very easy to understand and read in the method that it was presented. The videos at the beginning of each unit provided an excellent overview of what was contained in each unit. When I needed them customer service was readily available to provide me with the help that I needed.

Chi
Chikushino-shi, Japan

UNI-Prep online certificatecourse

Overall 9

I took the certificate course with UNI-Prep. It was a useful introduction of the basic teaching theories and concepts necessary to begin teaching ESL to students. The staff was very quick to respond to questions and the online course made it extremely useful for those currently living in foreign countries or who have very busy schedules.

I currently teach English overseas and have many hours of practical experience teaching ESL. However, this course helped provide the fundamental knowledge and teaching theory necessary to take ones teaching skills to the next level.

Matthew
Dalian China

Quick, fun and comprehensive

Overall 10

I enjoyed doing this course very much indeed. It has certainly helped clarify certain points in the teaching process. The voice on the videos may become annoying, however I found it to be relaxing and engaging. It is worth taking, either if you are just starting out or using it as a refresher course. The exams at the end of each unit are not too hard and can be done pretty quickly. If you are on a budget or constrained by time then this is certainly the course for you! Good luck to anyone wanting to become a TESOL teacher in the future!

Nik
Denver, CO
University of Chicago

Great Experience

Overall 9

I found the lessons to be easy to understand, yet very complete. The authors incorporate practical solutions for many classroom situations, along with explaining the theoretical bases for why certain techniques work in certain situations, while others are best avoided. Topics like classroom management are discussed, as well as practical methods for teaching beginner, intermediate, and advanced, students. Overall, a great experience.

Andrii
Poltava, Ukraine

Very useful and wondeful experience

Overall 10

It was very useful experience for me. Thank you for your help in my professional development. During the course I gained a lot of new information which will be helpful for me in my future job as an ESL teacher. It was very interesting and exciting for me to learn by this program and I reccomend everyone who wants to be an ESL teacher overseas to pass this course and obtain lots of new information.

Em
Buffalo NY

Overall good if you need the certificate to go abroad and already have teaching experience

Overall 8

I've been working with kids and young adults in academic settings for years and had taken pedagogy and linguistics courses in school, so this course was incredibly easy for me. I actually was able to complete it over one weekend, but I recommend giving yourself a week or two if you don't already have the linguistics and pedagogy background.

My bottom line recommendation includes the caveat that you will get the certificate, but should probably review the materials on your own after and do outside reading too, especially if you don't have a pedagogy background.

Sameen
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Remarkable TESOL experience

Overall 9

Being a Math graduate and coming into this course knowing nothing about teaching, the course has really exposed me to the various factors that contribute to a successful English teaching career, especially with regards to class room management. I really enjoyed the flexibility of the course, as I was able to do it at my own relaxed pace which contributed greatly to my understanding. I just love this course and think that it is a great learning tool for those professionals who want to become the educators of tomorrow.

Make videos longer.

Mitchell
Columbus, Ohio
Ohio State University

UniPrep 120 hour TESOL course

Overall 10

I love that this course is set at your own pace. I finished within two weeks. It's a stress-free and informative certification course! The ONLY downside I experienced was the course videos are autotuned so it takes a unit or two to get used to the guys voice. Other than that, this course was exactly what I needed to take the next step in my TEFL career. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to teach english abroad.

Use an actual voice for the videos. The generated voice got to be slightly annoying.

Del
United states

Thank you!

Overall 10

I want to teach in China, and Uni-prep was referenced to me by a friend who told me that getting her TESOL certificate was an easy and smooth process. Therefore I decided to try it out. I just finished and this is the only program i've seen that is well organized and informative. The videos were a great addition because they go in great detail, but not the the extent to where is exhausting. The reading is also easy and well organized. I couldn't be happier by this service. Thank you!

Emily
New Hampshire
Bethel University

Great Review Course

Overall 8

As someone who graduated from university with a degree in TEFL, this was a wonderful review course! I really enjoyed the videos and commentary, as well as the examples of activities and assessments in the articles. Going through this course has given me some great tips and reminders and will be extremely helpful during my job hunts for teaching in Korea. Definitely recommended for anyone wanting a review course on TESOL and classroom techniques!

I think I would make it a bit more challenging, with more critical thinking involved for the educators taking the course.

Lauren
Manila

Overall 10

The Uni-Prep TESOL Course provides its students with the flexibility to complete the whole course at the latter's desired pace. I enjoyed taking up this course. I am glad to have taken this course as it has equipped me with the basic skills and knowledge that I need in my first post as an English teacher. The website has a very friendly user interface. It is well laid out and easy to use. The handouts are very informative and provides useful and innovative strategies for teaching the English language. The materials and the visuals are very well prepared.

Phebe
Santiago, Chile

Thank you from Chile!

Overall 10

I am very glad that I decided to earn my TESOL Certificate via the UNI-Prep Institute. Having international, online access to course materials allowed me to complete course requirements rapidly, at my own pace, in the comfort of my apartment in Chile. Not having to wait for international shipping of materials or awkward in-class lecture times only offered at certain times of the year was a huge plus for my timeline.

I would highly recommend this program to anyone wanting to teach English in conjunction with one of the United Nations' English Opens Doors Programs for public school children.

Adding printable in-class resources like picture flash cards for beginners/intermediate/advanced vocabulary would be a plus (that focused on groups of the first 3000 English words).

Adding printable lesson plans for particular subjects organized by beginner/intermediate/advanced would be great.

Arzu
Baku, Azerbaijan

Great experience for non-native speaker

Overall 10

I enjoyed the course a lot, it was a great experience. I am not native speaker, however, the program is designed so good that it is easy to follow and understand. Quizzes are not difficult if you read the provided information in pdfs or watch the videos. I can't wait to apply all I have learnt in a real-life situations. I hope soon I will have just opportunity. I will try first to gain some experience in my own country, and then I will move to somewhere else. I am sure my Uni-prep TESOL certificate will help me to find a job wherever I go. Thank you very much.

D
Bryan, TX

Uni-Prep 120hr Online Course

Overall 9

I just finished the online 120hr course. I love the price and love that I could go at my own pace. I was able to finish in under 2 weeks. I have never taught English before. I feel better equipped to teach and have many ideas to help my future students. Very thankful for the teaching, videos, and the content. I loved that I could read the articles, watch the videos, and take the quizzes from the office, coffee shop, or from home! Ready for this next adventure! Thanks!

Some of the questions on the quizzes were not found in the video or in the readings. So some answers had to be inferred and I think some are were just opinion.

Daniel
Cusco, Peru
University of Nottingham

Overall 9

Great course. The videos and supporting articles were extremely valuable and interesting. Exams were fair and relevant and I was able to fit the program around my travel intinerary. I now feel highly prepared to enter the ESL world. One improvement I can think of though, is that the course offered assesment of teaching style on skype, and offers you the opportunity to practice (and even be assessed on your lesson plans).

Teaching practice and assesment over skype would be great. I have theoretical understanding of teaching english, and the factors behind an ESL classroom but some skype assesment of my teaching style and lesson plans would improve my confidence prior to job application.

Banu

UNI-Prep TESOL CERTIFICATE 120 h

Overall 10

Hello everyone! I have just finished my online TESOL Course 120 hour, and I would like to share with you my feelings about this program. It was very interesting, useful and exciting for me to follow this program.
My favorite unit is "Lesson planning" because it is so practical that just following that model I can make my lesson planning, which makes me confident in teaching, even I've had no experience in lecturing.
Thank you UNI-Prep !!

Angelika
dallas, tx

My TESOL Certification

Overall 9

I recently finished my TESOL certification course. There was so much information, but it was very easy to take in and very well-organized. There were many great tips and useful knowledge for becoming a great teacher. I really enjoyed knowing that at the end of this course I would have so much to offer as an English teacher abroad, or where ever I choose to go.
I think the thing that I appreciated the most that they had reading as well as visual material to learn from. Being that I am a visual learner, I benefited from that so much. Another thing that I thoroughly enjoyed was that the fact that you could go at your own pace. This enabled me to not feel so rushed and/or pressured during this course. It was definitely an extra good point for Uni-Prep.
Lastly, it is really affordable and it provides additional teaching tools and strategies that will benefit you in the long run. I would recommend this course to anyone!
Thanks Uni-Prep Institute!

Kayla
Atlanta, Georgia
University of Georgia

Informative and Affordable Online TESOL Course

Overall 9

I'm glad I decided to take the UNI-Prep certification course. I did not interact with the staff (as of yet) or receive job placement assistance, but I enjoyed the videos and readings. I felt like I learned some practical ways to improve my teaching and got great ideas for helping students learn. The price was the best I could find for a 120 hour program. One thing to note is that the description of the program says there is an optional 20 hour practicum element included, but I saw no information or option for that in the course at all. Also prospective students should note that they say it takes a minimum of 2 weeks to receive the certificate after completion of the course.

The website was a little buggy, and I wish it didn't take 2 weeks to be able to download my certificate after completing the course.

Anna
Yozgat, Turkey

TESOL Certification

Overall 10

I really enjoyed taking this course as I've found so much new information which helped me to make learning process more effective, I had a chance to apply all knowledge immediately and it was so helpful for me! The structure of this course, all helpful links and tips - I've really improved my teaching skills and I've received immediate positive response from my students as our lessons became more interesting, more involving for them :)

Waxhaw, North Carolina.

UNI-PREP

Overall 10

Very well done certification course. No issues with connecting and the material was easy to access and grasp. Learned new material and gained a better understanding of TESOL. I would definitely recommend for someone looking for an online TESOL course. The sections were separated into easy to understand units. The video lectures were also very helpful in completing the course. I would definitely recommend the UNI-PREP TESOL course to anyone interested in pursuing TESOL.

Jean-christophe
Hai Phong, Vietnam

Thanks Uni-Prep

Overall 10

The course is very well organized and very interesting. I did it at my own pace, during my free time. I really enjoyed it & learnt a lot. The course was very helpful. Now, with this certificate, I can apply for my work permit in Vietnam.Thanks Uni-Prep. I definitely recommend.

Noah
Bellflower, California
California State University- Fullerton

Easy Certification!

Overall 10

I enjoyed doing this at my own pace. You can do one unit a day and be done in 9 days! It was well-organized, and I had no trouble following along. I do feel like some of the quiz questions are a bit broad/vague, but for the most part it's really easy!

For all those wondering: there are 9 units, and each unit has a ~20 minute video, a ~10-13 page .PDF to read, and a multiple-choice quiz.

Make the quizzes longer or harder. I felt like it was almost TOO easy.

Madison, Wisconsin

What I took away from this course

Things I took away from the 120 Hour TESOL online course
1. I think it's great that they had reading as well as visual material to learn from.
2. I love that you can do it on your own time AND online.
3. You pay for what you get, for the price it was a great way to get my TESOL certification done and over with.

After the second attempt for finishing the quiz, if there were any wrong answers, show the correct answer for that question. That way, we can know what was the correct choice.

Lorna
Algeria,Annaba

Uni-Prep is the best!

Overall 10

Studying with Uni-Prep for me was the best decision i have ever made.The videos and pdf were very clear and even the quizez were simple and straight forwad.I really enjoyed reading all the study materials and i know it is going to be very helpful when i start my career,i cannot wait to put everything i have studied into practise.Thank you uni prep.

I think everything about uni prep is perfect!

D
Asia

HI

Overall 10

I enjoyed the course. It wasn't too long and I learned some helpful things about listening, writing, reading, speaking, pronunciation, etc.

The narrator on the videos sounded just like my co-worker Ed, so I felt the voice was familiar and soothing.

- D. Olson

Some of the quiz questions were ambiguous, especially for Unit 9.

Jean-Philippe
Petiville Haute Normandie, France

TESOL course 2015

Overall 10

I just finished the course to obtain Tesol certificate. I am very happy. During the course we have all explainations, videos , texts. All are very useful. I deeply recommend Uni-Prep !
I deeply recommend them !

Sometimes the sound on videos is not perfect.

Swap
Sydney, Australia

Solid Introduction to TEFL

Overall 8

This was a well-structured and well-presented course that I did not find overly exerting but which left me with genuinely valuable knowledge to utilize in a role as an English teacher.

The course consisted of reading and video content both of which complimented each other. There were also regular assessments which I appreciated for its role in challenging my knowledge on an interim basis.

Additional reading material per module.

Hanoi

A Nice Introduction to Teaching

Overall 8

I felt that the material was easy to grasp, focused on the fundamentals and introducing new terms and English teaching 'jargon' pretty well. Having taught a little already I can say that the material is accurate. It would have been a lot easier at the start of my teaching career to know then what I know now. I feel that I can be in a school or classroom enviroment and not feel out of my depth in terms of knowledge level with the other teachers. Many people are looking for a minimum of a certificate for teaching here in Hanoi, I think this certificate is enough for about 40% of centers here. Perfect if you want to test the waters of a teaching career with having to layout $1600 for a CELTA.

More modules.

Dao
Madison,Wi
University of Wisconsin- Madison

Uni-Prep TESOL Review

Overall 10

This is a great course for its affordable price. The lecture/reading format worked well. Readings were simple and understandable as well as the lectures. The information packed in the course is great and helpful for anyone wanting to teach. The quizzes are easy if you do the lectures and readings. The quiz time given is very plentiful especially since the quizzes are short. I would recommend this program to others who are looking.

I think more visuals in the lectures would be helpful in learning how to teach English.

Sandy
Pennsylvania

TESOL Certificate 2015

Overall 9

I have just completed the TESOL certificate course. It was by far the most economic decision I made in obtaining an accredited certificate. The course provided a lot of useful information and real world examples. I have actually printed the lessons to keep with me for future reference. I would have however, preferred much more visual aids instead of just audio and text. It would also be great to be able to reach someone by phone and/or receive more timely response by e-mail.

During business hours someone should be available to pick up the answer phone calls. E-mail response should be 24 hours or less, more often less. It is important to know that a live person can be there to help.

Aaron
Costa Rica

120 hour TESOL Certificate Course

Overall 8

Very interesting and innovative course. I learned a lot about teaching students of different ages. It included many helpful ideas to use in my teaching and to make learning enjoyable to students. I definitely recommend this course to others

The only thing I can think of would be a quicker turn around time for questions sent to the Training department. Everything else was very good.

Cristina
Virginia

Uni-prep Review

Overall 9

I really enjoyed the TESOL course. It is affordable, which as a college student was a plus for me. The course is informative and really easy to follow. It's straightforward and simple. I look forward to using some of the helpful tips and techniques mention in the video.

guillermo
mexico

loved the course

Overall 10

first of all i want to thank uni prep i live in mexico but i grew up in the
u s a i lived out there for 37 years since iv,e been in mexico iv;e worked call centers and really it got to the point were i said no more call center you deal with the same kind of people no matter were you work whether your working for a bank or customer service for a store its all the same angry people complaining yelling screaming telling to go "·"·&))"&//()= and all because they forgot to send in their payment or something else witch was their fault also but they dont car they tell you of what your going to die of and more so i decided to try something different thats when i decided to enroll in uni prep and get my certificate become a teacher well thank you and wish me luck

reia
LONDON

TESOL with uni-prep

Overall 10

I chose the course as it was quite affordable and because of the transparency of the website. it definitely states its a TESOL course and its accredited. This was important to me as some other companies are not clear on whether the course is TEFL OR TESOL nor do some companies state whether they are accredited so watch out! Overall I found the course materials very clear and coherent and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would recommend the course to all those who want to teach abroad.

Hanna
Ukraine, Kiev

Great Time with Uni-Prep

Overall 10

I really liked this course, as it was full of important and useful information. I started using some of the tips for the lessons. This course helps to go deeper in what you know and what you can improve.

Brady
Kitchener Ontario

Overall 10

This course Taught me all the information and abilities I will need to do my job effectively. Being able to do it all from the comfort of my own home was a huge benefit for me, seing as I have a full time job. A big thanks to the Uni- Prep team.

Ruslan
Odessa, Ukraine

UNI-Prep TESOL Course Review

Overall 9

Regarding the UNI-Prep 120-Hour Online TESOL Certificate Course, I definitely recommend it as one of the best structured and organized online courses for ESL Teachers. First of all, the course is quite affordable and easy to follow, which was very important while I was searching for such a course on the Internet. Second of all, it provided me with some more additional teaching tools and strategies that will enable me to be a better teacher for my ESL students. So I definitely recommend the UNI-Prep 120-Hour Online TESOL Certificate Course to any potential teacher who is pretty much interested in growing in their teaching career!

Itzel

TESOL DIPLOMA UNI PREP

Overall 8

Great information and tips are provided in this course. The tutor supposrt is great too since most of the time I would get replied back within hours of asking a question, It´s not too difficult but it does require some studying and analyzing the text, some questions were quite difficult for me to even understand and some were very simple. Glad to have taken the TESOL Diploma.

I would have enjoyed having different teachers making the videos, this way i would have felt like I got more perspectives, also, some of the reading files and videos sometimes seemed to be contradicting eachother , but that may just be that I misunderstood. It´s really a great course.

Moh
ankara

120 hour TEsol

Overall 10

the best program there is in this business. they provide videos and pdf documents with the right font size .
the course can can be completed with a short time depending on the effort of the learner
will recommended UNİ- prep everyday

Arda
Izmir, Turkey

Thank you for this amazing experience

Overall 9

I had been looking for an online TESOL Course for a long time. Last month, one of my relatives guided me to UNI-Prep's site and I decided to use their services. Completely satisfied with it, the units were fun to go thru and quizzes were right on target.

Collin
Guangzhou

TESOL 130hrs

Overall 9

The course was well structured, notes were straight to the point, the continual assessment was a plus, jogging your brain after every module. It was a breeze to run through the program. The administration could be improved though, the password was received much later than expected and acknowledgement from emails sent generally lacking.

Jeb
Florida

Quality 120-Hour TEFL Course

Overall 9

I was very impressed by the quality of UNI-Prep's 120-hour course. The course gives thorough, detailed information through a series of videos and readings. I learned a lot, and I am confident this course will help me secure a job.

I wouldn't change anything.

Flor Maria
Ecuador

Uni Prep TESOL DIPLOMA

Overall 9

I had a great time taking the TESOL DIPLOMA, the video lessosn are explicit and easy to understand, the tasks have progressive difficulty but are doable. I recommend taking the Certificate or the Diploma.

Alexandra
Antalya, Turkey

Overall 10

I'm very glad that I have chosen this course because I think it will be really beneficial for me. I would never regret it! I can recommend it to everybody! Thank you very much for this great opportunity to receive my TESOL Certificate.

Quiz questions are sometimes tricky.

Monica
Shanghai- China

TESOL CERTIFICATE

Overall 9

I just finished my TESOL CERTIFICATE ONLINE i can say Uni- Prep provides a very good programm, easy to join for anyone around the world, is very convenient, easy to take, and have a really good content for us to be better teachers.

You should assign a tutor for each person, someone already took the programm, and pay better attention to reply emails to the people at the programm, i mean, you should put an person responsable to resolve the questions for students of each programm

Meilyn
Arcadia, California

Uni-Prep Online

Overall 10

Uni-prep is a great and affordable way of getting your TESOL certification. The course teaches you all the basic information you need to know about teaching English overseas. All the course material are current and very helpful. I love how it's so convenient you can study on your phone or computer.

The video sound quality is a bit off.

Tarik
ankara/Turkey

120 hour TESOL Course

Overall 10

I ve just finished my Tesol course and learned a lot! I enjoyed studying with you. Thanks to Uni-Prep to provide me that helpful course and my Tesol Certificate! It was quite easy to finish the course. And the videos are so helpful to find out the answers everybody could think of.

Iman
Madinah KSA

Overall 10

It was great! I learnt a lot! The outline of the course was well organized. The material was interesting. The ways of presentation were inspiring and challenging. I want to continue and learn more. I feel that taking this course was a door opener and can lead me to learn even more about how to become a real good English teacher!

More details, more ways to teach the language, more activities and more quizzes to challenge ourselves.

L.
Taiwan

Thank you for providing this course online!

Overall 9

This course gave me additional concepts and techniques to enhance the atmosphere of the EFL classroom. Some of what I was taught through the course I had learned from many years of teaching. I was happy to have the chance to obtain my TESOL certificate with this course. The materials used are great in their range and presentation. The course will definitely help those who are unclear about how to get a handle on making teaching EFL and better experience for their students. I would recommend those who don't have the time or who can't find a nearby facility to attend a TESOL course to sign up for UNI-PREP's online course.

It would be good for those who haven't yet started teaching to be able to do an online teaching practice for some real-life experience handling an ESL class.

Patrice
Ontario, Canada

120 hr TESOL

Overall 9

Exactly what I needed; gave me a background in how to teach different aspects of the English language, as well as some information in classroom management. Very helpful if you are new to ESL teaching.

Maybe a discussion board? I was pretty satisfied with the course as is, to be honest.

Rui
Vienna, VA

Overall 10

It was a great experience to study here. I really enjoyed it. It is much worth the pay. The course is well organized and very easy to follow. I will recommend it to my friends! Thank UNI-Pre very much!

vicky
Canada, Quebec

GREAT Course

Overall 8

The course is very well organized and easy to follow. All the information is clear and logical. Videos are a good complement for the readings because we can understand differently how to teach the different sections (speaking, reading, writing, listening). Quiz could of be little bit harder because pretty much everybody can succeed the course. Anyway it is a great tool for beginner teachers. Thanks a lot

The tutor part of it might be developped, the fact that we have to write an email and wait 1-2 weeks for a reply is little bit. Maybe there could be an online tutor who helps students with their questions.

Daniel

Excellent!

Overall 9

The course was really useful and helped me to have a more clear and efficient understanding of how to teach english as a second language. The course was organized in a reasonable and logical order so the information was easy to understand. The videos were also very usful to reinforce what was seen in the unit. Overall an excellent course!

Tham
Duc Hoa,Long An, Vietnam

great course

Overall 8

Thank UNI-Prep to give me the chance to learn this course. I am so happy and satisfy about all what i have learned.
I hope UNI-Prep will support to introduce online teaching job to me. Because i am palsy person. Thank you.

Give more teaching lesson resource.

paola
Los Angeles

Simple and Straighforward

Overall 7

My experience with this course was overall satisfactory. All necessary topics were covered and I feel as if I am ready for what lies ahead. Now all I have to do is wait for my certificate in the mail!

Fort Collins, Colorado

Easy work if you work

Overall 9

If you put in the time reading, you will easily grasp and make it through the material. You will get out of it what you put into to it. The quizzes allot 3 hours but if you complete your reading you can finish in minutes. Anything you are unclear of; there is time to review and find your answer.

I found several grammatical errors in the downloaded reading. The most notable offenses occurred in Unit 9. I would be happy to edit for you (for a nominal fee).

Madalina
Ploiesti, Romania

A Really Good Course

Overall 10

I have been looking for the right course provider for quite a while in order to get my TESOL certificate and start travelling the world to teach English. I ended up choosing UNI-Prep as both the info on their website and the reviews I've found online regarding their courses sounded pretty good. I made the right decision, as I got really good training for my money. Thank you UNI-Prep Institute!

Molly
East Grand Forks

UNI-Prep

Overall 7

I have not applied for a position yet, but I did finish the UNI-Prep course and it carried a lot of helpful tools and hints. I am heading to Thailand in November and will post more if I find a job right away.

Videos of activities being taught would be helpful or worksheets you could use would be nice also.

Dane
Merced, CA

120 hour TESOL

Overall 9

Overall, this is a pretty good TESOL certification course. Having some experience with teaching abroad before, this course hit all of the major areas that myself and others struggled with in our time abroad. It provides lots of wonderful examples and is very thorough in outlining different strategies and processes you can use in the classroom.

Katherine
Manila, Philippines

I had a great time taking the course.

Overall 8

This is my first time to take an online course and I have just finished my online TESOL certification course. I can say that, the course was full of information which can really help out those who aspires to be an English teacher anywhere in the world. Very informative and the videos are truly helpful. Thanks UNI-Prep for helping me broaden my knowledge about teaching and how to be more effective.

i wouldn't want to change anything on the course because i believe that all that's on it was very effective. I would like to suggest though that a video clip of how teaching in an online manner is done, should be included in the videos to watch, because it will help online tutors like me to at least get a glimpse on how teaching in that specific manner is done.

Natalia
Russian Federation

Easy-to-understand and useful

Overall 10

The material of the cours is well organised! It was not hard for me to finish this cours and I'm very glad that such cours exists! The information in each unit is well-structure and easy to remember.
I'm very grateful to UNI-Prep Institute for this cours!

Imanuel
Cibubur-Indonesia

Powerful

Overall 9

I have been teaching english in other country since 2013. Finally i found this course. I was so excited join this course. This course is simple but complete and teach us systematically how to teach english abroad in the context of different culture. All the material is so powerful. it's like the best weapon for us as English teacher especially teach english in other country.

Juan Diego
Panama

Great Time Getting the Best

Overall 10

By Getting this certification I will have more opportunities working abroad.
I am an English teacher and I will improve my English teaching classes taking the methodology learnt.

The audio video could be better, sometimes sounds strange.

Deborah
USA

Wonderful TESOL Course

Overall 10

I was extremely happy to finish the online TESOL course today. The reading material and videos were extremely informative and had so many great tips for teaching English.The TESOL course also teaches students to be understanding and knowledgeable about other cultures. If you spend a little bit of time each day, you will learn so much and will be able to obtain your TESOL certificate.

Sandra

Overall 10

it was nice to finish TESOL certificate through this agency. I was being able to study whereever and whenever. The context of the course was also great . If I get a chance to introduce TESOL cerfiticate program to someone who wish to get it, I would definately recommend Uni- Prep.i have finished my program in 12days

Pia
Ho chi minh, Vietnam
University of Western Australia

Affordable and achievable

Overall 10

As a secondary school teacher and a person who struggles to complete online courses I was a little hesitant about taking an online TESOL course. I felt it wasn't necessary and if I didn't complete it, a waste of money. I'm glad to say that it was definitely worth the time and money I spent. I was reminded of many teaching methods and linguistic theories but the reading was still informative and challenging. I feel better prepared as a teacher to teach overseas.

If I had to improve something about the course it would be the videos. They were too slow and the voice was difficult to listen to. I am not referring to the accent but to the sound quality of the voice.
The quiz questions could also be less confusing. Often there were questions where one or more answer could be right.

Roland
Turkey

Great opportunity for everyone !

Overall 10

Where there is a need there is a solution, isnt´it ! I couldn´t miss this opportunity and now, that I finished this TESOL course, I feel good.
I was very excited and applicated ; I finished it in one week time.
What I can, you can, isnt´it ? By the way, I also use to say that you can only learn a language making mistakes. Teaching a language is a gift and a present. Thank you UNI-Prep !

I advice not to speak American English. The tutor says that he doesn´t understand well British English and I had certain difficulties to understand his American language. Europeans aren´t use to speak American language. Thanks for taking it in mind !

Irene
Vancouver, Canada

Strongly recommend to take this course!

Overall 10

Thank you to all the organizers of this course. The materials are definitely provide for future use. The amount of time and work put into this course was well worth it and the videos for each unit are absolutely helpful because the instructor shared his experience and knowledge from actual ESL classrooms! (AND you will love his voice!)

I think the only improvement will be providing a more direct approach to help graduates of this course to obtain jobs overseas! I strongly think Job search section will be extremely useful.

WUN LAN
Hong Kong

Great course at all

Overall 10

It is definitely a great course!

I have just finished my 120-Hr Online TEFL Course and really enjoyed this course so much. It was helpful and informative to teach you some ESL skills or advice. Moreover, all units are clearly allocated together with tutorial videos. I will encourage all to pass this course.

It is better to have more videos for skills demonstration. Therefore, the whole course will be more practical.

Iuliia
Omsk, Russia

Great course!

Overall 8

I have just finished my 120-Hr Online TEFL Course and I must say I'm very satisfied with it! It was very helpful and informative, giving advice in teaching ESL. All the units were newsworthy and unique, giving all the neccessary tips for effective Teaching ESL. I would definetely recommend to pass this Course at Uni-Prep, because it's convenient, fun and motivating.

Maybe, including some video-lessons and more videos in general.

Alicia
Stratford, On
University of Guelph

120 hour Online Course

Overall 8

The course was well laid out- very simple to follow the outline. The material was presented in a easy to follow and thought-out manner. I learned a lot of information about teaching ESL and I will definitely use the ideas from the course to teach English. I would recommend this program to other people needing a TESOL course.

Caroline
Toronto, Ontario

GREAT AND AFFORDABLE

Overall 10

I had a great time learning and building my confidence to teach. I will happily use the tools provided by the course, and I'm excited to see what jobs open up for me.
The course offers, a video, and a handout. You have time to read, and watch at your own pace.
The multiple choice was a good way to grade the knowledge. And the ability to review your test was a bonus.

I found it enjoyable, and I liked how well the course was written.

Some of the questions in multiple choice were quite tricky, and sometimes I ran across more then one answer that was an option. Especially with the notes, it seemed like the multiple choice was less about what you just read.

Ksenia
Toronto

Excellent TESOL Course with Uni-Prep Institute!

Overall 10

I would like to express my gratitude here! This course will provide you with great resources, interesting materials, techniques and advice. If you are a Teacher of English, this course will enhance your knowledge and experience.
Ksenia Kolosovskaya

Oscar
Belize City, Belize

TESOL: An Amazing Journey

Overall 9

I just finished the TESOL course and I am really satified with the experience. The materials, the methodology and the friendly platform are very well designed and very supportive. I have learnt a lot about the importance of not only teaching a language but also a culture. Thanks a lot UNI-Prep Institute

The program can encourage the interaction between the students a little bit more by using activities where tasks or homeworks are socialized in forums or blogs.

oğuzhan

Great TESOL certificate course

Overall 10

I have just completed the UNI-Prep's online TESOL Certificate program. It was fun and I learned a lot from it. I didn't have any problems during my online courses and online quizzes. Thank you UNI-Prep.

Svitlana
Kharkiv, Ukraine

Great TESOL course!

Overall 10

I've just completed one of the most interesting and useful courses - TESOL! I strongly recommend others to take it!
The material is extremely valuable, well organized and comprehensive. The teaching content is highly practical and effective. I feel I found out a lot and this will help me in my career.
Thank you for the opportunity to join you!

It should be a better feedback.

José Carlos
Castelo Branco, Portugal

TIME MANAGEMENT

Overall 9

I was very happy to be able to study the course online as I am a father of a big family therefore being able to do the course and exams in my own time was very helpful.
Also I was very grateful to Uni-prep for giving me this opportunity to study this course online.

I think there is nothing I would improve in this course.

blessing janefrances
turkey

challenging

Overall 10

the 120 hours online TESOL Course was what i was adviced Shan to do in order to upgrade my teaching profession,thanks to him.i found it quite challenging,inspiring worthwhile.the videos were explicit,clear and concise.the lessons were informative,indepthand comprehensive.i learnt alot,i will recommend Uni-prep to friends out there...

if i were to change one thing,it would bethe time allottedto the quizzes,its too much....

Pratik Sankar
Hong Kong
Edinburgh Napier University

Comprehensive Course

Overall 9

he online UNI-Prep Tesol course was very comprehensive. The videos are concise and informative. The text of each chapter is well collated, easy to follow and absorb.

The course provided me with an insight that teaching English as a second language is not as straight forward as it might seem, and that there are a lot of technicalities to it that one needs to know and follow.

I will certainly recommend others to take up this course.

-Pratik Sankar Choudhury

Alice
Charlotte, North Carolina USA

Mid-Life Career Change Chapter 1: TESOL Certification through UNI-Prep

Overall 10

I have an education degree, but have worked in management most of my adult life. I am eager to return to teaching and grateful to UNI-Prep for providing an affordable and convenient venue for TESOL certification. The course material is thorough. The videos for each unit are extremely helpful because the instructor shares his knowledge and experience from actual TESOL classrooms. As a former teacher, I found this course to be an excellent refresher for my previous education training. I have been searching for a TESOL certification program for some time. I am very grateful to UNI-Prep for finally placing it within my reach as well as within the reach of our global community.

Nicole
Istanbul, Turkey

TESOL UNI-Prep

Overall 9

The material was simple, clear, and easy to get through. I would recommend UNI-Prep to any that is planning to get their TESOL certification. I was able to work on the certification program at anytime and from anywhere on my computer which was really convenient. The program was also a lot cheaper than other similar programs that I found online.

Make the videos less boring/monotone.

Liudmila
Maidstone, United Kingdom

MY THANKS TO TESOL DIPLOMA COURSE

Overall 10

My name is Liudmyla Cherkasova and I have just completed my TESOL Diploma course. I would like to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to all the organizers of this course. I got a lot of valuable knowledge and experience during my learning. I believe it will be very helpful for me in my work with students. I plan to use the data as a part of my own teaching. This course is an unique source for the teacher all the necessary skills to work. I strongly recommend this course to anyone who is going to become a teacher or one who has worked as a teacher.

mona
canada

Wonderful Course

Overall 10

A Great course and I recommend this course to anyone looking to obtain a TESOL certificate. The 120 hour TESOL Certificate is very educational and easy to complete. I found the course refreshing and it gave me lots of ideas and strategies to utilize in the classroom.

The only improvement I could think of is having a more direct approach to helping graduates of the certificate obtain jobs overseas. Maybe have a job search section on the website for students to use.

Amber
Marquette, Michigan
Northern Michigan University

Great!

Overall 10

This is a great certification program. Quick, easy, painless. It was the least expensive option I found online for TEFL certifications and this one was worth every penny. The staff was efficient and professional and got back to me much quicker than I expected.

Sofia
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Argentinian teacher

Overall 9

I've just completed the TESOL Certificate.
I'm so happy I took the course. It was well organized and clear to understand.
I think the low price make every teacher has the possibily of became a certificated teacher.
The course is online, which is great for people like me, who lives in a foregner country.
Thank you!

It would be great if the course has a unit for grammar.

Janille

TESOL Certificate 2015 Online

Overall 9

In the short time between having a job offer and needing a TESOL certificate before my wedding and honeymoon, this course filled the requirement perfectly.

The reading material was informative and straightforward, giving me the knowledge to pass my exams and prepare me to teach English to my Chinese students.

Thank you.

joyce
milan italy

tesol certificate

Overall 10

it was very enjoyable and taught me so much. I would definitely recommend the course to anyone who wants to teach English as a foreign language.i learned a lot.The course materials make a very good reference for continued value throughout your teaching career.You’ll learn so much about the English language & how to teach it.Thank you.

Nickey
Dongguan City, Guangdong province, China

First "water-test" of ELL online course

Overall 7

This would be the best ELL program i've ever met which includes:
1, The cost is afforable and it is lower compared to others
2, The program is scheduled very well with three months termed study, each quize in each unit with two attempts that allow you to study over again for better understanding
3, The techniques and skills that presented and recommended in the content are highly applicative

the videos could not be watched via Chinese browsers in China.

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Getting your TESOL certification

Overall 10

Anybody looking receive their TESOL certification I highly recommend Uni-Preps program, I just finished my course & already have plans to go teach in Japan in another month. It's easy, fun & leaves you with a sense of pride when it's all over. I worked diligently at my own pace & now I'm finished & I have my whole life ahead of me. Uni-Prep is even going to help me with job placement so I can be working as soon as I arrive. Thank you Uni-Prep for the chance of a lifetime.

I found honestly that the program functioned well & met all my required needs, I saw nothing I would have changed.

Valerie
Austin, Texas
University of Texas- Austin

A quick and easy course!

Overall 10

The course was quick and everything I needed for the price. I was able to do the lessons on my own time, and that alone is invaluable. I was able to finish the course in just a few weeks, just in time to travel overseas and teach English!

Bianca
Jakarta, Indonesia
Edith Cowan University

Rewarding and Enjoyable

Overall 10

It has been a really enjoyable and rewarding experience for me in completing this course, as it has given me a clearer view on how to teach specific skills i.e. Writing and Speaking. The way the course is set up has also been so helpful as I'm not restricted to do it in a particular location. All I needed was a computer and internet connection. This made my life so much easier!
Thank you again for UNI-Prep Institute for providing this course to help teachers of ESL from around the world who want to update their knowledge and skills.

If I could give one suggestion, probably it would be better if in each unit is given a sample teaching video and list of websites to get resources.

Fatemeh
Tokyo, Japan

Great Online TESOL Course

Overall 10

The course was very helpful and it really works for me.
In my opinion, if you happen to be in a real English class and observe what is going on in practice and also attend this online course, it would be a great way to increase your TESOL proficiency.

Vina
China

This Course is informative.

Overall 10

I just finished taking this course and I am so glad I took it from UNI-Prep. I found the course informative and helpful. Topics are well done. I definitely learnt a lot. Don't go anywhere else, take the course here!
- Vina Compson

Maybe the voice in the video can be improved or changed.

Vickie
Sterling Heights, MI

Overall 8

I enjoyed taking the TESOL certificate course. It was fast and understandable. I liked that you were able to move at your own pace and you were given a chance to redo the quizzes. The videos and tips were also helpful.

i would add feedback as to why a question was marked wrong on the quizzes.

Ali
Kocaeli

I recommend

Overall 10

Hi. I am from Turkey . I found this course from google search.I have completed this certification program. It is very helpful. I recommend you. Units are very helpful. Lessons are not too hard. If you watch or read two times , you can pass the exams.

Nadezda
Myrtle Beach, SC

English Preparation Course - TESOL

Overall 9

Enjoyed the course and it was very helpful for my continuing education in teaching English. I feel I learned alot and this will help me in my future career. Thank you very much! I will recommend this course to all my friends and husband. I am looking forward to going to Ecuador in 2016 and using what I have learned thru this program to help me secure a position as an English teacher abroad. Nadezda Smith

Provide some practical exercises and more internet resources for teachers of English. This would be very helpful. TY

Italy

Tips!

Overall 8

I found my course very useful, it explains everything in detail, even things we give for granted. All the units clearly explained the topic without being boring at all. In addition, there are a lot of teaching tips!

Violet
USA

120 Hour TESOL Course

Overall 10

UNI-Prep's TESOL course was straight-forward and convenient. I was able to access materials and complete coursework 24/7. The course includes video lectures that go along with readings. The video lectures included extremely valuable teaching advice, examples, and experiences that you wouldn't catch if you only went through the readings. I would definitely recommend this course!

The voice in the videos sounded digitally altered, which was strange to me at first. But you get used to it. It's really not a big deal.

Sonia
Natal, Brazil
University of Wales- Newport

Great course

Overall 9

I just ended the Tesol certificate and really enjoy it. It really helps me to be more professional in my classroom and gave me great ideas. I am so happy that I will continue and get the TESOL Diploma.

I will give a writing assignment above the quiz of something to develop in the classroom. It could be like prepare a writing lesson, or a reading one to help us to get really into it. And for those as I who are already teaching, that will be a great challenge to apply it for the next week lesson for example.

Celen
Eastern University

Overall 10

This is a great course for anyone willing to teach English abroad. As a teacher you teach content and English. The course is divided into writing, speaking, listening, and reading. This information is really helpful. I will definitely use this material for future use and teaching positions abroad.

The video sound can be more clear.

Stephan
Portland, Oregon
Reed College

Teaching in China

Overall 8

The UNI-Prep TESOL program was comprehensive and convenient. While absorbing the material I recognized so many techniques and methods that others have used when I was learning foreign languages. It was cool to see that. The academic assessments could be a little tougher, but overall a good course.

Tougher assessments.

Jessica
Australia

Clear, concise and well organised.

Overall 9

I have just completed the TESOL course. I found the program very useful for what I needed to achieve. The material and the website were very well laid out and the information was clear, concise and interesting to read.

The video quality on the lectures would sometimes be a little blurry.

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

120 Hour TESOL

Overall 10

This course was really good and not complicated in any way. I have been teaching English for more than 7 years and most of the things in the course I already knew, but some others I just got them through out the course.

Its fine! It will be better if you had virtual tutors to follow up on stundents.

khaled
Algeria

Overall 10

I just completed my online course for the TESOL diplomain UNI-Prep. I have enjoyed and benefited from the courses which have sharpened my teaching skills. I feel more adequately prepared to teach and plan lessons and activities for career. I really appreciated the quick responses to my questions in emails I sent. I think this is the best course to study for the TESOL diploma. This is a wonderful course to study, if you wish to study online.

I would have loved immediate feedback on answers that I got wrong

Peter
Athens, Greece
University of Southampton

A great course

Overall 9

The Uni-Prep course is a good course to help people into teaching English. It covers all the problems I had previously as an ESL teacher without a certificate (or appropriate training), and I found it to be a great course.

I would like to recommend the course to others

I would advise perhaps a bit more on badly behaved students, which are common in Europe and North America (though rare in Asia)!

Daphyne
San Diego
California State University- San Marcos

A must have

Overall 9

This is truly a beneficial course for anyone wanting to teach English abroad. As a teacher you teach content and English, however, this course broke the language component of English down into digestible chunks to properly teach English. They broke it down into writing, speaking, listening, and reading. All of this information would have helped before I started teaching abroad. I will definitely use this material for future use and teaching positions abroad.

I would like future enrolled students to have a greater visual experience with the videos. The videos were mostly a man speaking as the voice over to a PowerPoint presentation. It was not very appealing at all. I am a visual learner but the video did nothing for me. I ended up skipping the videos after the third unit and resorted to reading the content to complete the course.

Avery
Jamaica

TESOL 120 Certificate @UNI-Prep is a good course

Overall 7

I completed the TESOL Certificate from UNI-Prep. It was a good experience. The content was well organized but the structure of the quizzes need improvement. e.g. I would have loved clarity/ feedback on answers that I got wrong that I think were right. The videos could also be more natural sounding and interactive e.g. It would be great to have an interface with the instructor. overall though the course was good, affordable, easy to understand and complete.

I did the course for personal /professional development not necessarily for travel; therefore I cannot rate it for placement. etc.

Liisi
Tallinn, Estonia

Tesol 120 hr course

Overall 8

I just completed the TESOL course, and can say it was well organized, and also very instructive. The materials were very useful, logical and easy to follow. I can use all of it in the future while teaching. Can recommend it to all :)

ABDULKADIR
TURKEY

TESOL Course

Overall 9

I had already booked my flight to China and only a few weeks left till the of my departure when I came across this program - surprisingly efficient and comprehensive - I can recommend it to all who plan to teach English abroad - a fast track leading you to your goal and for a very competitive price, too.

Well, this program WAS almost perfect for me and if anything at all, you might want to improve the voice quality of the video material.

Niki

TESOL experience

Overall 10

Many thanks to Uni-Prep for giving teachers around the world a good opportunity to learn these fantastic courses. It provides useful materials. I do learn a lot teaching skills about TESOL. It does help me a lot in my teaching.

Olga
Ukraine

Thanks

Overall 10

I am very grateful for the opportunity to acquire a TESOL certificate in such a convenient and distant way. After I had done thorough research on available courses I finally picked the Uni- prep institute that provided the course. It has turned out to be the right choice and the best experience of distant learning as I could do it whenever I had time and energy.

ren
Singapore

Good material at good value

Overall 8

Just took the TESOL course. It was much less content than i expected but it was covered most bases. The material was succinct yet comprehensive. Definitely not a breeze but not too hard to go through either.

Have more challenging test questions and videos of actual student teacher interactions

Rina
Israel
Carlow University

Overall 10

I just finished the TESOL certificate program, and I have to say, I am very impressed with the quality of the course materials. Every unit was extremely interesting and relevant to my needs and interests. Even though I have many years of teaching experience, I feel that this course has helped me become a better teacher. I have been able to incorporate many of the course's techniques and suggestions into my lessons. Thank you UNI-Prep!!!

PS I didn't need help with job placement, and there was no button for N/A, so please don't misconstrue the rating of one for poor service! I hope to take continue with the diploma course one day. I HIGHLY recommend this program!

Antonio
Mozambque, Inhambane
University of South Africa

TESOL Certificate program

Overall 8

The TESOL Certificate programme is very interesting, contextual and innovative in approach. Upon the course completion I feel inspired to do my very best to contribute to society as there are so many techniques and real life experiences. I learnt especially the teaching techniques that will help me master English teaching from beginner to more advanced level students.

Introducing videos: Interactive (teacher-student) simulations.

Gemma
Bath Spa University

Straightforward Online TESOL Course

Overall 7

I have just completed my TESOL Certificate with UNIPrep. It was a cost effective, straight-forward course for getting certified in TESOL. The learning material was useful and the elearning portal was simple to use.

For the quiz questions to be more general rather than specific answers which could be found in the learning materials.

Joseph
Dallas, Texas

TESOL Certificate Thoughts

Overall 8

Completed the UNI-Prep TESOL Certificate course. I found it very useful and informative, in fact I wish I took this course before I completed my degree in business. It would have given me more reason to study harder and understand why teachers do things we may feel are unnecessary. Awesome course! It made me want to study more because, as it turns out my knowledge of teaching and public speaking needed improvement.
This program certainly has a lot of bang for your buck.

I'd recommend an option that pops up to show where you went wrong at what the correct answers were for the particular quiz after the 2nd try.

Diana
Italy

Great learning experience!

Overall 10

Attending the on line TESOL course held by Uni-Prep has been a formative and effective experience. The provided materials are interesting and well focused on Teachers needs; some useful tips are given to help Teachers in managing different classrooms, promoting a supportive and positive Learning environment.

The videos could be more engaging if the speaker could be visible and maybe it could be provided more practical material, such as concrete examples of classrooms activities.

judith
istanbul turkey
Christian Brothers University

Happy

Overall 9

I am happy that I choice Uni prep to started my career as a teacher. They help me through videos and good lesson material the basics of becoming a teacher. And when I had a question it was easy to reach them and they responded quickly. Not only I learned a lot about teaching students, but it gave me a better opinion who I want to be as a teacher.
Now, just finished my course I can not wait to start in real life

Skip the last written assignment (unit 11) because it was almost the same as unit 10

Maha
Saudi Arabia

I just got certified!

Overall 8

I completed my TESOL online certificate course today and it gives me great confidence as a teacher that I am now certified by a prestigious and internationally accredited institute. It was not very difficult and I learned great teaching techniques. Thank you!

Adding some video lectures would make the teaching materail more interesting. It gets a little boring sometimes :)

Alfredo
Chihuahua, Mexico

Online TESOL Diploma Course

Overall 10

I want to say that studying in the online Uni-Prep Institute was a great experience, because I found that all the unit contents of the course were not only interesting but extremely useful.

I hope the staff can improve the course even more in terms of offering students the capabilities to initiate forums to discuss course contents, as sometimes I found it highly useful and necessary.

My experience with Uni-Prep Institute was magnificent. However, there are a few things to consider for improving the course content and system. For one, I couldn't contact other students to initiate discussion forums about unit topics. Another thing I found interesting to improve is the instructors' response time, but still, as I said before, I found the course very informative and appealing.

Still, overall, I believe that everything I learned in the course will make me a better teacher.

1. By offering students the capabilities to initiate discussion forums about unit contents or topics.
2. By. reducing the instructors´ response time when students wish to ask for clarification or help.
3. By assigning written work tasks or homeworks.
4. By providing post-exam feedback assistance.

Susana
Toronto, Canada
University of Toronto

TESOL certificate program

Overall 9

I enjoyed taking the TESOL certificate course with UNI-prep because I found in very easy and stress-free. I was able to do it at my own pace within a reasonable amount of time. I liked that the reading material contained tips and resources that will be very useful for when the time comes to put the knowledge into practice in the classroom.

Videos. More examples of what not to do in the classroom.

Alina

TESOL course

Overall 9

I enjoyed TESOL course this winter. I think it's very good for experienced teachers who has 2+ years experince. Course provides a lot of interesting information. Quizzes are very nice too. Thank you for this course! Alina.

More examples.

Marina
Macedonia

Overall 10

I found this program great,and I learned a lot.I finished the program within two weeks,able to do it by myself in my own pace,whenever I have free time.In my opinion,everyone who wants to teach English to non-English speakers should go for this program

Chung
University of Georgia

Great

Overall 9

This was a great program. It was short but fulfilling, and I learned a lot completing this program. I was able to finish the program by myself, and in my own pace. The reading materials were very informative, and I believe what I have learned this past week will help me teach English to non-English speakers. If there is one con about this program is that some of the quizzes' questions were really vague. Some of the answers I could not find in all the reading materials I reviewed.

Conan

TESOL Certificate affordable and fun

Overall 9

Taking the course with Uni-prep was a wise desition, its the cheapest school available and i could take it at my free time. Im planning on taking also the TESOL diploma with them, i definetely recommend this school to study at.

Maybe include videos

UNI-Prep is a private training institute offering online TESOL Certificate and TESOL Diploma programs. In addition, to TESOL teacher training, UNI-Prep offers courses in business and management. We have had thousands of graduates who are currently teaching overseas in over 100 countries. All our programs are accredited and are offered both online and in-class around the world.

UNI-Prep students and graduates enjoy the following benefits:

1) Accredited and internationally recognized programs
2) Videos and tutor support
3) Job placement assistance and exclusive job search partners
4) Study at your own pace from anywhere around the world
5) Complete the course in as fast as 2 weeks

Jump start your teaching career with us and start the experience of a lifetime!

Community Photos: