UNI-Prep 120-Hour Online TESOL Certification Course

My trip 2017
My trip 2017
junet0001@gmail.com
junet0001@gmail.com
Waterfall in Las Lajas Church, Colombia.
Beijing Marathon 2015
Me with my little Dutch friend in the Philippines, im the small one
Me at TET in Ho Chi Minh Vietnam
TESOL or NOt

UNI-Prep's online TESOL Certificate program is 120-hours in length, is fully accredited, and internationally recognized. The course is taught using a combination of videos, readings and interactive assignments. Tutors are available for support at anytime during the course.

Graduates of our program enjoy the respect that comes with the UNI-Prep name around the world. Our TESOL/TEFL courses are designed to be both educational and fun. Our fees are all inclusive and include all fees; there are no additional fees on top of this -- we promise!

Our courses don't have a set schedule; you will work through the course at your own pace and time. Most of our graduates complete the TESOL Certificate program in 2-4 weeks, although you can take up to 1 year if you would rather take your time.

Our goal is to make sure all our students graduate and are completely satisfied with their experience with us. Visit our website to learn more.

• Fully online - study at your own pace from anywhere
  • Free shipping internationally is included!
  • Accredited and recognized worldwide
  • Choose between TESOL or TEFL acronym

Yes, we certainly do. Most students contact us directly with questions, which is why you might not see so many questions asked on this platform.

You do not need a degree or teacher's license to register in or complete our courses. Most of our students are not teachers and do not have a teacher's license - though some do and take our course to upgrade their credentials.

In general, our certificates are accepted around the world. Though every country sets their own rules and can change them anytime, we have not had any students indicate that their certificate was not accepted in a particular country, including China. In fact, a large number of our graduates end up working in China so we are very confident in saying that China accepts our certificate and will...

Yes, it is the same certification. We have designed and structured our courses to maximize savings for our students because we believe in affordable education. We are not the only providers in this price range - but typically others do not include all of the same elements as our course. When comparing courses, check to see if other providers include videos (we do), free international shipping (we...

• Benefits 9.3
  • Facilities 8.9
  • Instruction 9.1
  • Academic Rigor 7.1
  • Job Assistance 8
Nuraiym

My review about UNI-PREP

“Taking the TESOL Certificate course with UNI-Prep was a wise decision. It's the cheapest program available and I could take it at my free time. And it developed my pedagogical knowledge, reading and video materials was clear and understandable. I have taken a lot of ideas to improve all the steps of teaching, such as classroom management, teaching speaking, teaching reading, teachin writing, teaching listening and so on. In future I'm planning to take doctoral programs because its very available. Thank you for you afford."

Everything was ok. Just i think that its needed a writing assignments.
Jane

Fun and Simple to Follow TEFL Certification Course

I had a fun, simple time getting TEFL certified through UNI-Prep's online TEFL course. The material was easy to access, simple to follow along with, and helpfully summarized by unit tests to check students' understanding of course content. I especially enjoyed the helpful examples of teaching methods and tools to use in the classroom that were provided with each unit lesson. 10/10 would recommend this course to friends and acquaintances! Thanks UNI-Prep! Looking forward to using my TEFL Certificate soon!

Maksim

Gi-no’sko

As far as you see the title of this review is a Greek verb basically means “to know,” and here the verb is used in the present tense to express continuous action. It may denote a process of “taking in knowledge about someone; getting to know someone; becoming better acquainted with someone.” It may also include the thought of making an ongoing effort to get better acquainted with someone who is already known. Well it seems to me that we must to consider the foreign language, and in this course it is an English one, as a individual which we must to know better and better. If you decided to use this course you will get a good experience to know how to help other people, who do want to know this international language . And for sure this course will help to you personally to force your skills in it.

Robert

Great Tools For Use

I enjoyed going through the courses. It actually taught me quite a bit and helped me brainstorm and strategize as to what might be effective since I'm new to the world of teaching. Next year I plan to move to Portugal with my family and I have a feeling that things I learned throughout this course will be useful to me. My plan is to support or at the very least supplement my income with teaching English online. Although there is some apprehension, I feel that the support tools like the chat as well as hopefully getting more familiar with the ESL lounge will help to assuage any doubts or nervousness I'm feeling. The courses are the right length. I would wish for more live demonstrations and possibly being able to sit in on classroom sessions for beginners, intermediate and advanced, this way there might be a boost in confidence as opposed to the fish out of water feeling that you get when you complete a new course

More specific guides built around the concept that a person may be completely new and inexperienced when it comes to teaching.
Karl

Good course for the money

The course is very thorough. Provides great tips for applying to your teaching job, if you are currently working with students. The course is not overly long or overly difficult, and it is internationally certified. Overall, a good experience.
The course provides 10 Units of reading material, and 9 videos. A thorough comprehension and absorption of these lessons is really required in order to pass the Unit exams. Each Unit will take approximately an hour to complete, depending on how fast you read. You only need a 50% to pass each exam, which personally I think is too low. It should be 75%, or at least 65% (which is the standard in the American school system). Other than that, it is a very good program that I would recommend for anyone teaching English abroad.

List the countries where the accreditation has been applied and accepted, and by what government or educational body.
Edna

Worth the experience

I have spent weeks in searching for the best TESOL program. I was a bit hesitant and scared to take an online course because I have read a lot of negative reviews but then, when a friend told me that UNI-Prep is legit and did confirm it myself by doing more research about their program, I decided to register and never regretted doing it. The experience was challenging and exciting. I have learned a lot and I feel more directed now on how to help my students better by applying all those strategies that I haven't tried yet and would surely follow the tips suggested in the course on how to teach English in a fun way. And I just hope that having this certificate (plus my bachelor's and my master's and experiences) will give me more and better opportunities.

So far, every thing is perfect. The video/audio lecture and the reading handouts were very helpful.
Laura

Best online TEFL course out there

Amazing course - I was in a rush to get through my TEFL as quickly as possible to get work. I have a teaching background though not with languages but I managed to complete the course in a day!

There are 10 units and each is comprised of a 20 minute video and a PDF between 10 & 20 pages long. You then complete the quiz after you have gone through that material.

The first unit encourages you to write a resume/CV which most people will need to do anyway so to have that included in the course material was a bonus. They also provide you with prompts on what to write and give an example of a resume.

Really nice to have the quizzes at the end of each section rather than assignments too. You get two attempts at each quiz and you are shown what you answered incorrectly the first time from the multiple choice questions.

Online worked perfect for me. Best course out there for sure!

Nothing - this course exceeded my expectations in so many ways!
David

TC2017_review

The course is well organized and covers all essential information needed to be The an ESL teacher.
It prepares you for teaching children or adults at all levels - beginner, intermediate or
advanced. The questions in the quiz were well chosen to test you on the knowledge you
obtained from watching the video and reading the text for each unit. Sufficient time was
allowed for each quiz and it was very helpful to be allowed two attempts for each unit quiz.
The speaker in the videos was very good, explanations were clear and many good examples
were given. The reading material was well organized and gave good information on different teaching techniques and which ones were best for children or adults and for what level they
were appropriate. Course length was just right.

A few more examples would be helpful, especially for the different teaching activities.
Seyed Anoshirvan

Great Course!

I wanted a suitable online TESOL certificate and I found UNI-Prep. It was really great and I learned a lot! Thank you!

The course contains all aspects of teaching English as a second language to foreigners. Throughout each of the 10 units, I was learning many new things were explained clearly and in detail.

I recommend this course if you want to get a job which requires TESOL certification because the content is rich, international shipping of the certificate is included, you can study and take the quizzes at your own pace and in any location with an internet connection and it is also accreditted internationally.

Especially for those who want to apply for work permits in certain countries, this course seems to be a great choice, so don't miss it!

It's pretty much complete. The reading parts had some minor errors, not in content but rather missing or misplaced words. Other than that it's pretty much perfect.
Patrick

A good Course to begin with

I was looking for an online course that I can complete as soon as I want and is within my affordability.

This certainly is the course for the following reasons: able to complete at my own pace (as quickly as possible); at any place - as I travel quite often; at anytime of the day; with good supporting reading materials; and, videos to guide and reinforce learning. The materials and videos are just the correct amount and duration. I could replay the videos compare to attending classes which I would have to take notes while listening. The literature is to the point and does not dwell into redundant materials.

I would not hesitate to recommend this course.

I look forward to start my teaching adventure to foreign students at home and abroad. The ESLjobslounge has also been very helpful in posting job vacancies. This is absolutely great for a beginner like me. I could get all the help I can. Thanks!

I found that the some of the videos are not as clear and also the sound is a bit muffled. In addition, the slides seem to be cut-off at the bottom: not sure whether I have missed out any materials.
As for the quizzes, after both attempts have been exhausted for each unit, it would be good to display the correct answers for all questions. Otherwise the student may still not know the answer the to questions that are incorrect.
I would recommend to produce better videos and to provide the answers after the 2nd quiz attempt.
Manuel

Great program, easy to understand and follow.

An excellent system I have been teaching for over 15 years and it was a fun learning experience for me, a lot of tips and great advice as well as tools to make your life a whole lot easier, It is 120 hours long but it could be finished in a lot less time than that, It took me less than a week with 3 hours a day, you have plenty of time to do each quiz so you never feel pressured, The quiz system is great because you don't have to submit a final exam at the end of the course. highly recommended especially if you only have an hour or so a day, you could do this at your own pace from the comfort of home, the office or anywhere. you are always able to pick up where you left off and know that your progress is always saved automatically for you.

Video 8's audio quality was a bit poor nothing too bad but it could improve.
Daniel

A good TESOL

I got my TESOL from Uni Prep in the spring of 2018. This is my updated review.

I'm certified in the state of NJ to teach elementary school and History (all grades). I had been tutoring immigrants in conversational English and had been teaching English at a private institute for a year. The school wanted me to get a TESOL certificate to round out my credentials. Uni Prep was perfect for that.

The information is sound and matches the current theories being taught in university TESOL programs. I suggest new teachers to review the course materials every month to identify ways they can improve their teaching.

I paired mine with the OPI and WPT in English to demonstrate my English levels. Many schools want proof of proficiency, so an interview (the OPI) and a written test (the WPT) are good ways to show this. As a native speaker, I got the maximum scores for both, but having those certificates allows me to demonstrate to schools that I'm a native speaker.

Ramez

Awesome program, very user friendly and great info!

UNI-Prep is an awesome intuitive program that breaks down the TEFL info to grasp easier. The lessons are easy to follow, loved having video and written, plus the quizzes are challenging. I appreciate being shown all the specific information in the course. I signed up for this to go travel and use the certification to teach in Southeast Asia. The course was recommended as one of the top ones on digital nomad forums and I see why! Super excited about being part of the UNI-prep journey this and would def recommend it! I wish this review box didn't need 750 characters because I'm not sure what else to put here.. Let's see - I like chocolate chip cookies esp when they're thin & crunchy. But my favorite is when they're fresh outta the oven. Mmmmmmmm

Making the 'quiz' questions a bit more easier to follow.
Sierra

A great start for your TESOL career

I majored in areas completely different from teaching when I went to college, but then I found myself with a change of heart (and location) ten years later. I wasn't too enthusiastic about returning to college and creating more student debt, so a teacher friend recommended getting a TESOL certificate for my back pocket. I also will add, that I will be relocating abroad in a few months and wanted to arm myself with a way to have income coming in, without worrying too much about not speaking the language fluently at my destination. Uni-Prep has given me a newfound confidence that I will happily bring with me once I make it to my new country. I have a ease of knowing that I now have the basic fundamentals to remotely assist those seeking help with English as a second language. I'm excited about my new life as a digital nomad!!! Now I can ease into my new cultural surroundings a lot smoother knowing that I will be able to have income coming in by doing something that I am confident with.

The website has old year dates like 2013 and 2017 on the site which makes it appear a bit outdated. Seeing these old dates after purchase made me panic a bit and I questioned the sites creditably. However, so far, all is well.
Guy

SUpEr Interesting

Very attractive, affordable, video courses, own time paced. With my love with English and my experience in an English speaking school for more than a decade, I started teaching it to my local brothers and in some english centers.
This TESOL certificate is felt like an add-on on my projects for the future. Traveling, meeting and helping and instilling the learners to love this language.
I would recommend some update, because I thought it was outdated when I started. It seems to be from 2017...

It's just very interesting!

Maybe with some interactive and updates of the course.