Country
Classroom Audience
Children High School Middle School Pre-School

Photos

Job Description

Get paid to teach English in one of Asia's most exciting and culturally immersive destinations. Teaching English in Thailand is our most popular program by far as it gives travelers the opportunity to teach for just a single semester if they like or extend up to a full year or even more!

"Teaching in Thailand was one of the best things I could have ever done. I applied on a whim, utterly terrified and unsure of what to expect, but the staff at TravelBud could not have been more helpful and supportive, it was a huge comfort to me knowing that someone was hearing and helping me.

My fellow Thai teachers are just AMAZING, helpful when you ask questions and love sharing food! (And I am someone that never turns down food, haha). Keeping an open mind when trying to immerse yourself in this new culture can be trying at first but it will be the best tool to help you overcome your anxiety about being outside of your comfort zone. For me, it turned out to be a fun, amazing experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. I'm loving every minute of it, I love the new friends I've made and my students are growing on me each day!"

- Stephanie, December 2018

When can I start?

Highest demand currently is for degree-holders to start on the following dates:

- June 24th, 2019 (CLOSED)
- July 22nd, 2019 (Popular Intake - 5 Spaces Left)
- August 19th, 2019 (7 Spaces Left)
- September 30th, 2019 (Most Popular Intake - 23 Spaces Left)

The dates above will give you some of the smoothest transitions into life, working in Thailand. If these dates don't suit you, just chat to us about the many alternative start dates on offer!

Our Thailand program also comes with an excellent in-country cultural orientation done in the beach town Hua Hin, Thailand and a highly acclaimed TESOL course with certification by top-notch instructors who have each worked out in the field as English teachers in the country.

We offer full-time positions to teach children of varying ages from kindergarten up to high school at schools throughout the country. This often means applicants get a choice in who and where they teach. Not only that but if you're traveling with a friend or partner you can usually be placed together. Thailand has lengthy school holidays twice a year allowing you the opportunity to travel, volunteer or intern for a month or two in between semesters.

Summer Teach Options

With these options, stay for just 7 weeks an still get the benefit of a great orientation and full support:

- June 10th, 2019
- July 1st, 2019

Requirements

This program is only open to citizens of the following countries: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and the EU (EU citizens need level C1/2 English certification).

• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
  • Neutral accent
  • Bachelor's degree is required
  • Be a minimum of 20 years and maximum of 40 years of age, those aged older or younger will be reviewed on a case by case basis
  • Clean criminal record
  • A love for foreign cultures and willingness to embrace new challenges

Cultural Orientation

Our program comes with an exceptional cultural orientation which includes airport pickup, a local sim card and assistance with opening a bank account.

We believe in responsible travel and in the context of teaching abroad, that means being culturally sensitive, respectful travelers. Our orientation is done in Thailand, run by a mix of Thai and Western staff and is set up in a way that ensures you understand Thai culture deeply even before you set foot in a classroom. You'll start teaching feeling much more prepared for your new life abroad, ready to engage with the community you'll be living in and have a rewarding and immersive cultural experience.

Some of what's included on the week-long orientation:

• Learn the basics of speaking Thai
  • Learn about local foods and how to buy them at a traditional local market and cook them at home
  • Sit in on lectures on Thai culture, religion, history, and politics by experts in their field
  • Attend workshops on working in Thai organizations, working in Thai schools and on being a teacher in the country
  • Visit a local monk to learn about the role of Buddhism in everyday Thai life
  • Volunteer at a local dog rescue shelter to learn about the plight of street dogs in Southeast Asia and how you can help
  • Try your hand (and foot) at Muay Thai - traditional Thai kickboxing - in a group lesson

Training: 120 TESOL Course

If you don't have a recognized TESOL, TEFL or CELTA certificate yet, it's not a problem. Our program comes with a highly acclaimed 120-hour in-class TESOL course conducted in Hua Hin which is tailored to the specific requirements of teaching English in Thailand. You'll learn everything from classroom management to creating lesson plans and the specific issues Thai students battle with when tackling English. Not only that but you'll be able to try out your skills in front of a live class at a local English camp before you head out to your placement school so that you can be sure you'll be ready for whatever Thailand throws at you.

Got a TEFL/TESOL certificate already?

Chat with our enrollments team, it may well be accepted by our school network! Then all you'll need is our orientation and placement option!

What our participants say they love most about TravelBud

"TravelBud has been the most supportive, warm and family like agency I have ever worked with. They gave such a personal touch to getting me ready with my Thailand experience and always gave attention to personal details when checking up by phone call or email, which made me feel like I wasn't just a number. Both the staff and founders have gone out of their way to make sure we were looked after, supported, happy and if not happy a plan was always made. I have to say a HUGE thank you to Saskia and Liam, you have been incredible."
- Caitlin, October 2017

- Fast turnaround time
- Guaranteed job placement
- Great reviews by past teachers
- Our fun, friendly enrolments agents all have teach abroad experience
- Simple to understand website full of photos and videos to help you prepare for what to expect

The TravelBud Team

Our entire enrollments and support team have teach abroad experience. When enquiring with us you'll be speaking to one of the following:

Grace - with first-hand experience teaching English in South Korea, Grace has recently rejoined the TravelBud team after returning from a travel sabbatical. She's now the fearless enrollments team leader but still loves helping would-be teachers and volunteers attain their travel dreams.

Lydia - with years of experience teaching and traveling in China, Lydia has seen what life is like organizing her own teach abroad experience and so can give you first-hand insights into how the benefits of a supported program compare. Her passion for teaching abroad is infectious!

Sarah - One of our TravelBud alumni who's joined our team full-time, Sarah went through us to teach English in Vietnam. She's bubbly, very upbeat, positive and can share plenty of stories from her time teaching in the mist-drenched mountains of Lao Cai, near the border with China.

Gary - Having traveled to the UK and Thailand where he worked as a conservation volunteer, Gary's easy-going, mature demeanor will have you feeling calm and passionate about making a real difference in the lives of the kids you'll teach.

Nooru - If you're looking for inspiration in just how travel can empower you, Nooru's your girl! She's been to some rather unique countries and has a big passion for using one's travels and time abroad to achieve personal growth and bring positive change to others.

Benefits

• Salaries of between 25,000 and 40,000 Thai Baht per month, depending on qualifications and placement location
  • Airport pickup
  • Transport to Hua Hin, Thailand
  • Sim card for your mobile phone
  • Assistance with opening a bank account
  • 1 Week cultural orientation
  • 3 weeks 120 hour in-class TESOL course - for those without certification
  • Pre-departure support for applications and visa guidance
  • 24/7 in-country support
  • Guaranteed job placement
  • Friends and couples can be placed together
  • Single semester or full year contracts available