Country
Classroom Audience
Children High School Middle School Pre-School

Photos

Job Description

Get paid to teach English in one of Asia's most exciting and culturally immersive destinations. Teaching English in Thailand is our most popular program by far as it gives travelers the opportunity to teach for just a single semester if they like or extend up to a full year or even more!

"I’ve now been in Thailand an entire year and it has been the most rewarding experience I could have ever imagined! The in-class TESOL was the perfect way to acclimate myself to teaching English and the cultural orientation provided me with a strong foundation for my immersion into Thai society. The job placement process was smooth and I absolutely love my school and town! I teach the most amazing kindergarteners and have formed genuine relationships with my co-workers, both Thai and foreign. The in-country support is one of my favorite aspects of this program, as there was always someone to go to with questions and to check in on me. I highly recommend this program to anyone looking for a truly life changing experience! Living in Thailand there are challenges and surprises at every turn, but the growth is so amazing." - Brooke, August 2019

• Guaranteed job placement at a trusted school in our network
  • Salary of between $850 to $1300 (USD) per month, depending on qualifications and placement location
  • 1 Week cultural orientation which includes multiple cultural excursions and lectures on Thai culture and society, history, politics, geography and 7 hours of Thai language classes
  • Internationally accredited 120 hour in-class TESOL Certification course, which includes two full days of practical teaching at a Thai school
  • Thorough pre-departure support for everything from visa applications, to packing and budget guides and more!
  • 24/7 in-country support throughout your teaching placement
  • Airport pickup
  • Transport to Hua Hin, Thailand for TEFL training and cultural orientation
  • Sim card for your mobile phone and assistance with opening a local bank account
  • Friends and couples can be placed together
  • Single semester or full year contracts available and are renewable
  • Everyone at TravelBud has first-hand experience teaching abroad!
  • Lifetime placement guarantee: Once you have completed your contract in Thailand, we will happily provide you with a teaching placement in Vietnam, South Korea, or Myanmar free of charge
When can I start?

Highest demand currently is for degree-holders to start on the following dates:

- December 30th, 2019 - Closed
- March 30th, 2020 - One of our most popular intakes which coincides with the start of the new school semester
- April 27th 2020 - Spaces Available

The dates above will give you some of the smoothest transitions into life, teaching in Thailand. If these dates don't suit you, just chat to us about the many alternative start dates on offer!

Our Thailand program also comes with an excellent in-country cultural orientation done in the beach town Hua Hin, Thailand and a highly acclaimed TESOL course with certification by top-notch instructors who have each worked out in the field as English teachers in the country.

We offer full-time positions to teach children of varying ages from kindergarten up to high school at schools throughout the country. This often means applicants get a choice in who and where they teach. Not only that but if you're traveling with a friend or partner you can usually be placed together. Thailand has lengthy school holidays twice a year allowing you the opportunity to travel, volunteer or intern for a month or two in between semesters.

Requirements

This program is only open to citizens of the following countries: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and the EU (EU citizens need level C1/2 English certification).

• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
  • Neutral accent
  • Bachelor's degree is required
  • Be a minimum of 20 years and maximum of 40 years of age, those aged older or younger will be reviewed on a case by case basis
  • Clean criminal record
  • A love for foreign cultures and willingness to embrace new challenges
Cultural Orientation

Our program comes with an exceptional cultural orientation which includes airport pickup, a local sim card and assistance with opening a bank account.

We believe in responsible travel and in the context of teaching abroad, that means being culturally sensitive, respectful travelers. Our orientation is done in Thailand, run by a mix of Thai and Western staff and is set up in a way that ensures you understand Thai culture deeply even before you set foot in a classroom. You'll start teaching feeling much more prepared for your new life abroad, ready to engage with the community you'll be living in and have a rewarding and immersive cultural experience.

Some of what's included on the week-long orientation:

• Learn the basics of speaking Thai with 7 hours of Thai language classes
  • Learn about local foods and how to buy them at a traditional local market and cook them at home
  • Attend lectures on Thai culture, religion, history, geography and politics by experts in their field
  • Attend workshops on working in Thai organizations, working in Thai schools and on being a teacher in the country
  • Visit a local monk to learn about the role of Buddhism in everyday Thai life
  • Volunteer at a local dog rescue shelter to learn about the plight of street dogs in Southeast Asia and how you can help
  • Try your hand (and foot) at Muay Thai - traditional Thai kickboxing - in a group lesson
Training: Internationally Accredited TESOL Certification

If you don't have a recognized TESOL, TEFL or CELTA certificate yet, it's not a problem. Our program comes with a highly acclaimed 120-hour in-class TESOL course conducted in a small beach town in Thailand which is tailored to the specific requirements of teaching English in Thailand. You'll learn everything from classroom management to creating lesson plans and the specific issues Thai students battle with when tackling English. Not only that but you'll be able to try out your skills in front of a live class at a local English camp before you head out to your placement school so that you can be sure you'll be ready for whatever Thailand throws at you.

Our TESOL Certification Course includes the following:

• 120 hours of in-class TESOL theory and instruction
  • Overview of the history and theory of teaching English as a foreign/second language in Thailand
  • Practical training on how to teach speaking, listening, writing, and reading in the Thai classroom
  • Extensive training on lesson plan development and presentation
  • Multiple opportunities to receive and offer feedback with your peers and instructor throughout the course
  • Tons of tips and examples on how to teach English to every age group in Thailand
  • Extensive training on effective classroom management, being mindful of cultural sensitivities in Thailand
  • Two full days of practical teaching at a local Thai school to gain real experience of what it's like to teach in Thailand

Got a TEFL/TESOL certificate already?

Chat with our enrollments team, it may well be accepted by our school network! Then all you'll need is our orientation and placement option!

What our participants say they love most about TravelBud

"Teaching in Thailand was one of the best things I could have ever done. I applied on a whim, utterly terrified and unsure of what to expect, but the staff at TravelBud could not have been more helpful and supportive, it was a huge comfort to me knowing that someone was hearing and helping me.

My fellow Thai teachers are just AMAZING, helpful when you ask questions and love sharing food! (And I am someone that never turns down food, haha). Keeping an open mind when trying to immerse yourself in this new culture can be trying at first but it will be the best tool to help you overcome your anxiety about being outside of your comfort zone. For me, it turned out to be a fun, amazing experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. I'm loving every minute of it, I love the new friends I've made and my students are growing on me each day!"
- Stephanie, December 2018

- Fast turnaround time
- Guaranteed job placement
- Great reviews by past teachers
- Our fun, friendly enrolments agents all have teach abroad experience
- Simple to understand website full of photos and videos to help you prepare for what to expect

The TravelBud Team

Our entire enrollments and support team have teach abroad experience. When enquiring with us you'll be speaking to one of the following:

Grace - with first-hand experience teaching English in South Korea, Grace has recently rejoined the TravelBud team after returning from a travel sabbatical. She's now the fearless enrollments team leader but still loves helping would-be teachers and volunteers attain their travel dreams.

Lydia - with years of experience teaching and traveling in China, Lydia has seen what life is like organizing her own teach abroad experience and so can give you first-hand insights into how the benefits of a supported program compare. Her passion for teaching abroad is infectious!

Gary - Having traveled to the UK and Thailand where he worked as a conservation volunteer, Gary's easy-going, mature demeanor will have you feeling calm and passionate about making a real difference in the lives of the kids you'll teach.

Nooru - If you're looking for inspiration in just how travel can empower you, Nooru's your girl! She's been to some rather unique countries and has a big passion for using one's travels and time abroad to achieve personal growth and bring positive change to others.

Qualifications

• Bachelor's degree in any field - no teaching experience required

Benefits

• Guaranteed job placement
  • Salaries of between 25,000 and 40,000 Thai Baht per month, depending on qualifications and placement location
  • Airport pickup
  • Transport to Hua Hin, Thailand
  • Sim card for your mobile phone
  • Assistance with opening a bank account
  • 1-Week cultural orientation
  • 120 hour in-class TESOL certification course - for those without certification
  • Pre-departure support for applications and visa guidance
  • 24/7 in-country support
  • Friends and couples can be placed together
  • Single semester or full year contracts available
  • Free placement in Vietnam, South Korea or Myanmar after completion of your contract in Thailand