- Bachelor's degree in any field - no teaching experience required
- Internationally accredited TESOL/TEFL certification - which TravelBud provides in Thailand prior to placement
- Salary between $800 and $1300 USD
- Great work/life balance
- Plenty of time off to travel
Get paid to teach English in one of Asia's most exciting and culturally immersive destinations. Teaching English in Thailand is our most popular program by far as it gives you the opportunity to teach for one semester (5-6 months) or extend up to a full year or even more!
All you need to qualify is to have a bachelor's degree in any field of study and be a citizen of one of the following countries: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand.
When can I start?
As Thailand's borders are opening and quarantines are being relaxed, we've seen an increase in applicants ready to begin their Teach Abroad journey!
2022 Intake Dates
- 31 October 2022
- 28 November 2022
2023 Intake Dates
- 2 January 2023
- 30 January 2023
- 27 March 2023
- 29 May 2023
- 05 June 2023 - Summer Teach
- 26 June 203 - Summer Teach
- 25 September 2023
- 30 October 2023
The dates above will give you some of the smoothest transitions into life, teaching in Thailand. If these dates don't suit you, just chat to us about the many alternative start dates on offer!
Our Thailand program also comes with an excellent in-country cultural orientation done in the beach town Hua Hin, Thailand and a highly acclaimed TESOL course with certification by top-notch instructors who have each worked out in the field as English teachers in the country.
We offer full-time positions to teach children of varying ages from kindergarten up to high school at schools throughout the country. This often means applicants get a choice in who and where they teach. Not only that but if you're traveling with a friend or partner you can usually be placed together. Thailand has lengthy school holidays twice a year allowing you the opportunity to travel, volunteer or intern for a month or two in between semesters.
How is TravelBud Different?
With so many options out there, it can be overwhelming trying to figure out which is the best one for you. We have carefully designed our Paid Teaching program in Thailand with everything we believe is needed for the most successful experience possible, based on our personal experience of teaching in Thailand ourselves.
We 100% Guarantee Job Placements and Vet our School Partners Carefully: As soon as your program acceptance has been confirmed, you have 100% secured yourself a job placement at one of our carefully vetted school partners. Our unrivalled job placement process takes your preferences into account too!
We provide dedicated pre-departure support and 24/7 in-country support: Worried about preparing for your big move abroad all on your own or having no one to lean on for support when you arrive at your school placement? With TravelBud, we walk you through everything you need to know before you depart to Thailand and from the moment you touch down, you'll receive 24/7 support from our in-country team who will be on hand for you throughout your teaching placement for anything you need help with - be it big or small.
Our TEFL Certification is tailored specifically to Thailand and includes an In-depth Cultural Immersion: We focus on all the unique elements that come with teach English in Thailand compared to other countries - like the unique cultural etiquette, the working environment, overcoming the language barrier, and managing Thai students effectively. And with two full days of teaching practice at a local Thai school, you'll graduate more prepared and confident than ever to teach English in Thailand. Our full week of cultural immersion includes lessons on Thai culture, history, politics, and language, with multiple enriching and fun cultural excursions to help you immerse yourself responsibly in your new cultural environment.
We've all taught abroad ourselves: TravelBud was born and grew out of the experience our entire team had teaching English abroad. There's nothing we're more passionate about! Based on our own experiences, we have developed holistic Paid Teaching and TEFL Certification programs which encompass all the most important elements we know are needed to ensure the most memorable and life-changing experience when it comes to teaching English abroad.
"I would highly recommend Travelbud to anyone wanting to teach abroad. I have been teaching in the United States the past 4+ years and I decided to teach abroad to learn more about how I could support my students who are English Language Learners (ELL) or learning English as a Second Language (ESL). I have very little experience working outside the US so I was looking for an agency that could support me throughout the whole process. I reached out to Travelbud in January of 2019 and for the next year they worked closely with me to make sure I was supported every step of the way. From understanding the Thailand school year to TESOL questions to all of my Visa questions and the long process of getting my teaching degree notarized, authenticated, and legalized, Travelbud was with me every step of the way. Travelbud also helped me connect with an in-country program that allowed me to get my TESOL degree before actually teaching in a school. Every question I had throughout my year of preparing to go abroad was answered quickly and accurately. It felt like I had a friend holding my hand throughout the process and I LOVED that." - Katie, March 2020
- Guaranteed job placement at a vetted school within our trusted network
- Salary of between $800 to $1300 (USD) per month, depending on qualifications and placement location
- 1 Week in-depth cultural orientation which includes multiple cultural excursions and lectures on Thai culture and society, history, politics, geography and 7 hours of Thai language classes
- Internationally accredited 120 hour in-class TESOL Certification course, which includes two full days of practical teaching at a Thai school and is tailored specifically to the English language curriculum in Thailand
- Thorough pre-departure support for everything from visa applications, to packing and budget guides and much more - from our experienced team with first-hand experience teaching in Thailand. That's right, we've been there and have done it ourselves!
- 24/7 in-country support throughout your teaching placement
- Airport pickup
- Transport to Hua Hin, Thailand for TEFL training and cultural orientation
- Sim card for your mobile phone and assistance with opening a local bank account
- Friends and couples can be placed together
- Single semester or full year contracts available and are renewable
- Free future placements in new countries: Once you have completed your contract in Thailand, we will happily provide you with a teaching placement in Vietnam, South Korea, and/or Myanmar, together with a one-week cultural orientation and 24/7 in-country support in that country - all free of charge!
This program is only open to citizens of the following countries: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Neutral accent
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Be a minimum of 20 years and maximum of 40 years of age, those aged older or younger will be reviewed on a case by case basis
- Clean criminal record
- A love for foreign cultures and willingness to embrace new challenges
Our program comes with an exceptional cultural orientation which includes airport pickup, a local sim card and assistance with opening a bank account.
We believe in responsible travel and in the context of teaching abroad, that means being culturally sensitive, respectful travelers. Our orientation is done in Thailand, run by a mix of Thai and Western staff and is set up in a way that ensures you understand Thai culture deeply even before you set foot in a classroom. You'll start teaching feeling much more prepared for your new life abroad, ready to engage with the community you'll be living in and have a rewarding and immersive cultural experience.
Some of what's included on the week-long orientation:
- Learn the basics of speaking Thai with 7 hours of Thai language classes
- Learn about local foods and how to buy them at a traditional local market and cook them at home
- Attend lectures on Thai culture, religion, history, geography and politics by experts in their field
- Attend workshops on working in Thai organizations, working in Thai schools and on being a teacher in the country
- Visit a local monk to learn about the role of Buddhism in everyday Thai life
- Volunteer at a local dog rescue shelter to learn about the plight of street dogs in Southeast Asia and how you can help
- Try your hand (and foot) at Muay Thai - traditional Thai kickboxing - in a group lesson
Training: Internationally Accredited TESOL Certification
If you don't have a recognized TESOL, TEFL or CELTA certificate yet, it's not a problem. Our program comes with a highly acclaimed 120-hour in-class TESOL course conducted in a small beach town in Thailand which is tailored to the specific requirements of teaching English in Thailand. You'll learn everything from classroom management to creating lesson plans and the specific issues Thai students battle with when tackling English. Not only that but you'll be able to try out your skills in front of a live class at a local English camp before you head out to your placement school so that you can be sure you'll be ready for whatever Thailand throws at you.
Our TESOL Certification Course includes the following:
- 120 hours of in-class TESOL theory and instruction
- Overview of the history and theory of teaching English as a foreign/second language in Thailand
- Practical training on how to teach speaking, listening, writing, and reading in the Thai classroom
- Attend workshops on working in Thai organizations, working in Thai schools and on being a teacher in the country
- Extensive training on lesson plan development and presentation
- Multiple opportunities to receive and offer feedback with your peers and instructor throughout the course
- Tons of tips and examples on how to teach English to every age group in Thailand
- Extensive training on effective classroom management, being mindful of cultural sensitivities in Thailand
- Two full days of practical teaching at a local Thai school to gain real experience of what it's like to teach in Thailand
Got a TEFL/TESOL certificate already?
Chat with our enrollments team, it may well be accepted by our school network! Then all you'll need is our orientation and placement option!
What our participants say they love most about TravelBud
"Teaching in Thailand was one of the best things I could have ever done. I applied on a whim, utterly terrified and unsure of what to expect, but the staff at TravelBud could not have been more helpful and supportive, it was a huge comfort to me knowing that someone was hearing and helping me.
My fellow Thai teachers are just AMAZING, helpful when you ask questions and love sharing food! (And I am someone that never turns down food, haha). Keeping an open mind when trying to immerse yourself in this new culture can be trying at first but it will be the best tool to help you overcome your anxiety about being outside of your comfort zone. For me, it turned out to be a fun, amazing experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. I'm loving every minute of it, I love the new friends I've made and my students are growing on me each day!"
- Stephanie, December 2018
- Fast turnaround time
- Guaranteed job placement
- Great reviews by past teachers
- Our fun, friendly enrolments agents all have teach abroad experience
- Simple to understand website full of photos and videos to help you prepare for what to expect
The TravelBud Team
Our entire enrollments and support team have teach abroad experience. When enquiring with us you'll be speaking to one of the following:
Grace - with first-hand experience teaching English in South Korea, Grace has recently rejoined the TravelBud team after returning from a travel sabbatical. She's now the fearless enrollments team leader but still loves helping would-be teachers attain their travel dreams.
Brooke - with years of experience teaching and traveling in Thailand, Brooke is the perfect person to speak to about the life changing adventures of teaching English in Thailand.
Aubrey - Having traveled to Vietnam, Aubrey's enthusiasm and passion for teaching is contagious and she'll be able to guide you through all your options.
Saskia - Saskia is TravelBud's Support Director and having taught abroad in Thailand, she's done it all! Her team will guide you through everything you'll need to know to make your teach abroad experience the best it can possibly be!