We have numerous exciting opportunities available to teach English in one of the world's most up-and-coming teach abroad destinations: Vietnam!
This is an incredibly vibrant country full of fascinating history, unique customs, and exceptional food. Teaching here is a privileged opportunity to contribute to the lives of those most passionate about up-skilling themselves to allow them to explore a wide range of possibilities for their futures.
"This has been one of the best choices of my life. I did my TESL in Ho Chi Minh City and now I am living in Hanoi. During the TESL everybody was extremely helpful and assisted me with anything I needed. I found this course a good way to become acclimated to living in another country as well as a funnel into overall Vietnam! The market tours, history lessons, language lessons, and the course itself all provided me with the tools I need to survive here."
- Kyle, September 2017
About the job
Teaching in Vietnam is probably our most flexible program:
- Teach at private language centres or public schools
- Stay for just a couple of months or even a full year (or more!)
- Choose between urban or more rural locations
- If you prefer teaching younger kids or high school, let us know!
Language centers will see you working afternoons, evenings and weekends. They're often high tech, airconditioned and more organized and you'll be teaching kids who come from more well-off families. You'll generally teach a range of age groups and have lessons set out for you.
Public schools will see you working daytime during week days. You'll also be working with less privileged kids and so will be able to make the maximum social impact if you choose this option. Salaries can be a bit lower for public schools, but if you're wanting more weekend time and the opportunity to make a big difference, this is a great option.
All schools are carefully vetted by our placement team - only about 60% make the cut!
No experience required, full training provided
We offer exceptional in-class TESOL training done in Vietnam where you also receive a weeklong cultural orientation, packed with fun activities and insightful lectures to help you adjust smoothly to life in this high energy country. The TESOL course is 120 hours long over a 3 week period and is led by an experienced instructor and is customized to teaching English in Vietnam. If you already have a TESOL certificate, done online, you may still be eligible but check with us first.
With this you'll also receive airport pickup, a sim card for your mobile phone and comprehensive job placement assistance.
Benefits to this program
- Guaranteed job placement
- High earning potential starting at around $1200 per month (increases dependent on experience & and how much you want to work)
- Very low cost of living making saving easy
- Carefully vetted schools to ensure you have the best possible experience
- A variety of options available from urban to more rural locations and from high-tech private language centers to culturally immersive public schools
- Thorough pre-departure support to ensure you're prepared for your journey and interviews
- 24/7 in-country support for everything from the classroom to personal issues
- Lifetime placement guarantee: once you finish your contract, get placed again at any available school in our Asia network for free
- Be at least 21 years of age and older (usually applicants older than 35 will need to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis)
- Hold a bachelor's degree in any field
- Be willing to commit to a 12-month contract
- No criminal record
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Have an excellent command of the English language in both a written and spoken form
- Have a passion for understanding and embracing new cultures and experiences
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: United States, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand or EU with a C1 or C2 English certification.
- July 29th | CLOSED
- September 9th | FULL - CLOSED
- October 14th | 4 Spaces Left
- November 11th | 6 SPaces Left
We have multiple other start dates and 2020 also.
What our participants say they love most about TravelBud
"I am currently living and teaching in Vietnam. I did an in-class TESOL through a partnering company of TravelBud. TravelBud is an amazing company and I can’t compliment them enough. From day 1 until now they have been on top of things and so helpful- they made my move to Vietnam a breeze."
- Carole, February 2018
- Fast turnaround time
- Guaranteed job placement
- Great reviews by past teachers
- Our fun, friendly enrolments agents all have teach abroad experience
- Simple to understand website full of photos and videos to help you prepare for what to expect
The TravelBud Team
Grace - with first-hand experience teaching English in South Korea, Grace has recently rejoined the TravelBud team after returning from a travel sabbatical. She's now the fearless enrollments team leader but still loves helping would-be teachers and volunteers attain their travel dreams.
Lydia - with years of experience teaching and traveling in China, Lydia has seen what life is like organizing her own teach abroad experience and so can give you first-hand insights into how the benefits of a supported program compare. Her passion for teaching abroad is infectious!
Sarah - One of our TravelBud alumni who's joined our team full-time, Sarah went through us to teach English in Vietnam. She's bubbly, very upbeat, positive and can share plenty of stories from her time teaching in the mist-drenched mountains of Lao Cai, near the border with China.
Gary - Having traveled to the UK and Thailand where he worked as a conservation volunteer, Gary's easy-going, mature demeanor will have you feeling calm and passionate about making a real difference in the lives of the kids you'll teach.
Nooru - If you're looking for inspiration in just how travel can empower you, Nooru's your girl! She's been to some rather unique countries and has a big passion for using one's travels and time abroad to achieve personal growth and bring positive change to others.
- Guaranteed job placement
- Monthly pay of around $1600 per month
- Vietnam's extremely low cost of living makes saving easier
- Healthcare provided (we recommend taking extra insurance as a precaution also)
- Assistance in finding accommodation
- Friends and couples can be placed together
- Assistance with opening a local bank account
- Visa guidance and application support prior to departure
- 24/7 in-country support throughout your job contract in Vietnam