We have numerous exciting opportunities available to teach English in one of the world's most up-and-coming teach abroad destinations: Vietnam! This is an incredibly vibrant country full of fascinating history, unique customs, and exceptional food. Teaching here is a privileged opportunity to contribute to the lives of those most passionate about up-skilling themselves to allow them to explore a wide range of possibilities for their futures.
And with the high salaries our English teachers earn between $1200 and $1800, and the significantly low cost of living in Vietnam, you will have no problem taking full advantage of exploring this mesmerising country during your time off. And if you're wondering what the saving potential is in Vietnam, most of our teachers save on average a third of their paycheck each month!
All you need to qualify is to have a bachelor's degree in any field of study and be a citizen of one of the following countries: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand.
Increased Flexibility & Precautionary Measures During COVID-19
To ensure the health and safety of all our participants, we have implemented precautionary measures in our program destinations and are offering flexible enrollment options to give all our future participants peace of mind during these uncertain times. Read more here and view our next available start date open for enrollment below: https://travelbud.com/covid-19-update/.
When Can I Start?
Below are our upcoming start dates for 2021. Due to the popularity of the program, our intakes fill up well in advance so it's always best to sign up sooner rather than later:
- End of 2021 - Rolling basis with timelines determined individually based on quarantines, document collection, and placement
We also have 2022 dates up for planning ahead!
- February 21, 2022
- May 2, 2022
- May 30, 2022
- July 25, 2022
- August 22, 2022
- July 28, 2022
How is TravelBud Different?
We 100% Guarantee Job Placements and Vet our School Partners Carefully: As soon as your program acceptance has been confirmed, you have 100% secured yourself a job placement at one of our carefully vetted school partners in Vietnam. Our unrivalled job placement process takes your preferences into account too!
We provide dedicated pre-departure support and 24/7 in-country support: Worried about preparing for your big move abroad all on your own or having no one to lean on for support when you arrive at your school placement? With TravelBud, we walk you through everything you need to know before you depart to Vietnam. And from the moment you touch down, you'll receive 24/7 support from our in-country team who will be on hand for you throughout your teaching placement for anything you need help with - be it big or small.
Our TEFL Certification is tailored specifically to Vietnam and includes an In-depth Cultural Immersion: We focus on all the unique elements that come with teach English in Vietnam compared to other countries - like the unique cultural etiquette, the working environment, overcoming the language barrier, and managing Vietnamese students effectively. And with two full days of teaching practice at a local Vietnamese school, you'll graduate more prepared and confident than ever to teach English in Vietnam. Our full week of cultural immersion includes lessons on Vietnamese culture, history, politics, and language, with multiple enriching and fun cultural excursions to help you immerse yourself responsibly in your new cultural environment.
We've all taught abroad ourselves: TravelBud was born and grew out of the experience our entire team had teaching English abroad. There's nothing we're more passionate about! Based on our own experiences, we have developed holistic Paid Teaching and TEFL Certification programs which encompass all the most important elements we know are needed to ensure the most memorable and life-changing experience when it comes to teaching English abroad.
"I had the most life changing experience last year when I decided to go to Vietnam and teach English. I was incredibly nervous before leaving but TravelBud was with me every step of the way, from visa application, certified documentation and 24/7 support once I was abroad. I received my TESOL certificate which was amazing and I was able to connect with people from all over the world. The TESOL equipped me for the months to come of teaching. I really enjoyed the cultural orientation I felt this was really important as it really prepared me for what to come and gave me a deeper understanding of the culture. This was one of the best decisions I have ever made and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this to everyone who has always dreamed of travelling."
- Sarah, March 2019
About the job
Teaching in Vietnam is one of our most flexible programs, with the opportunity to:
- Teach at private language centres or public schools
- Stay for just a couple of months or even a full year (or more!)
- Choose between urban or more rural locations
- If you prefer teaching younger kids or high school, let us know!
Language centers will see you working afternoons, evenings and weekends. They're often high tech, air-conditioned and more organized and you'll be teaching kids who come from more well-off families. You'll generally teach a range of age groups and have lessons set out for you.
Public schools will see you working daytime during week days. You'll also be working with less privileged kids and so will be able to make the maximum social impact if you choose this option. Salaries can be a bit lower for public schools, but if you're wanting more weekend time and the opportunity to make a big difference, this is a great option.
All schools we work with undergo a thorough vetting process to ensure they are the right fit for our teachers - only 60% make the cut!
No experience required, full training provided
We offer exceptional in-class TESOL training in Vietnam where you also receive a weeklong cultural orientation, packed with fun activities and insightful lectures to help you adjust smoothly to life in this high-energy country. The TESOL course is 120 hours long over a 3 week period and is led by an experienced instructor. It is also customized to teaching English in Vietnam.
If you already have a TESOL/TEFL certificate, you may be eligible for our Placement Only option.
With this you'll also receive airport pickup, a sim card for your mobile phone, 24/7 in-country support and comprehensive job placement assistance.
Benefits to this program
- Guaranteed job placement at a trusted and vetted school in our network
- Internationally accredited TESOL/TEFL certification
- High earning potential with salaries ranging from $1200 to $1800 per month (increases dependent on experience & and how much you want to work)
- Very low cost of living making saving easy
- Carefully vetted schools to ensure you have the best possible experience
- A variety of options available from urban to more rural locations and from high-tech private language centers to culturally immersive public schools
- Thorough pre-departure support to ensure you're prepared for your journey and interviews
- 24/7 in-country support for everything from the classroom to personal issues
- Lifetime placement guarantee: once you finish your contract, get placed again at any available school in our Asia network for free
- Be at least 21 years of age and older (usually applicants older than 35 will need to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis)
- Hold a bachelor's degree in any field
- Be willing to commit to a 12-month contract
- No criminal record
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Have an excellent command of the English language in both a written and spoken form
- Have a passion for understanding and embracing new cultures and experiences
- Hold a passport from one of the following countries: United States, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand
What our participants say they love most about TravelBud
"I am currently living and teaching in Vietnam. I did an in-class TESOL through TravelBud's in-country partners. TravelBud is an amazing company and I can’t compliment them enough. From day 1 until now they have been on top of things and so helpful- they made my move to Vietnam a breeze."
- Carole, February 2018
- Fast turnaround time
- Guaranteed job placement
- Great reviews by past teachers
- Our fun, friendly enrolments agents all have teach abroad experience
- Simple to understand website full of photos and videos to help you prepare for what to expect
The TravelBud Team
Grace - With first-hand experience teaching English in South Korea, Grace provides valuable insight into the daily life of an English teacher. She's now the fearless Enrollments Director but still loves helping would-be teachers attain their travel dreams.
Brooke - After living in rural Thailand teaching kindergarten, Brooke joined the TravelBud team in 2019. She's since been providing guidance and resources for those looking to begin their adventures teaching abroad!
Kim - You're in great hands with Kim as your Support Manager! She taught in Korea herself for years and is the go-to gal for walking you through the document collection and visa process. Her friendly demeanor will have you confident and ready for your arrival in Korea.
Aubrey - If you're looking for inspiration in just how travel can inspire and transform, Aubrey's your gal! Having lived in NYC, Los Angeles, and Australia, she can attest to how rejuvenating a change of scenery can be!
- Bachelor's degree in any field of study
- Internationally accredited TESOL/TEFL certification - which TravelBud provides in Vietnam prior to placement
- Passport holder from USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, or New Zealand
- Guaranteed job placement
- Monthly pay of $1200 to $1800 per month
- Vietnam's extremely low cost of living makes saving easier
- Healthcare provided (we recommend taking extra travel insurance as a precaution)
- Assistance in finding accommodation
- Friends and couples can be placed together
- Assistance with opening a local bank account
- Visa guidance and application support prior to departure
- 24/7 in-country support throughout your job contract in Vietnam