Our paid Teach English in Myanmar program is an outstanding opportunity to immerse yourself in the rich and fascinating Burmese culture while empowering local communities with the skill of speaking and writing English, while being paid to do so. This makes for an enticing alternative to the more established programs in nearby Thailand, Vietnam or China for anyone looking for arguably a more authentic cultural experience in a destination still relatively unexplored by Western tourists.
You'll be teaching English at private schools and language centres and can be placed in cities like the Capital, Yangon, Mandalay or other smaller towns and cities throughout the country.
Some schools may ask you to teach basic other subjects in English to help the children get used to learning in the language.
You can teach a range of age groups from young learners to teenagers and even some adult classes depending on who your school or centre caters for. Myanmar has a deep hunger to learn English skills which will provide opportunities to locals in the tourism business and in being able to study and travel abroad.
You will work between 25 and 35 hours per week with two days off, language centres may require some weekend work.
You can request to be placed with a friend/partner/travel companion also.
Contracts are for 3, 6, or 12 months with an option to extend for free!
Our program includes a 120 hour in-class TESOL course done with an experienced instructor. It's conducted over a period of 3 weeks, includes practical supervised teaching experience and certification. The course is tailored to teaching in Myanmar.
The program costs between $1550 and $2300 depending on which option you take: https://travelbudco.com/teach-english-in-myanmar/#costs-bud…
Fees cover costs associated with running the program as no incentives/remunerations are paid by schools to TravelBud. Also covered by the fees are costs associated with placement, support, orientation and more.
To see more about what our customers say of the value for money our programs offer, read our reviews here: https://www.gooverseas.com/organization/travelbud-reviews
What our participants say they love most about TravelBud
- Fast turnaround time
- Guaranteed job placement
- Great reviews by past teachers
- Our fun, friendly enrolments agents all have teach abroad experience
- Simple to understand website full of photos and videos to help you prepare for what to expect
Here's who will be helping you:
Grace - with first-hand experience teaching English in South Korea, Grace has recently rejoined the TravelBud team after returning from a travel sabbatical. She's now the fearless enrollments team leader but still loves helping would-be teachers and volunteers attain their travel dreams.
Lydia - with years of experience teaching and traveling in China, Lydia has seen what life is like organizing her own teach abroad experience and so can give you first-hand insights into how the benefits of a supported program compare. Her passion for teaching abroad is infectious!
Sarah - One of our TravelBud alumni who's joined our team full-time, Sarah went through us to teach English in Vietnam. She's bubbly, very upbeat, positive and can share plenty of stories from her time teaching in the mist-drenched mountains of Lao Cai, near the border with China.
Gary - Having traveled to the UK and Thailand where he worked as a conservation volunteer, Gary's easy-going, mature demeanor will have you feeling calm and passionate about making a real difference in the lives of the kids you'll teach.
Nooru - If you're looking for inspiration in just how travel can empower you, Nooru's your girl! She's been to some rather unique countries and has a big passion for using one's travels and time abroad to achieve personal growth and bring positive change to others.
- Be a citizen of the UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand. English-speaking candidates from EU countries are also considered for positions, depending on English fluency. (C2 level is preferred for non-native speakers)
- Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required, for those without a bachelors degree, teaching experience will be preferred
- 120 hour TEFL or TESOL certificate required, if you do not have one we do provide a course done in Myanmar (see below)
- Be in good health, you may have to take a medical and blood test once in Myanmar
- Be between 21 and 45 years of age
- Airport pickup & Sim Card
- Weeklong cultural orientation upon arrival packed with day trips and culture lessons
- Guaranteed job placement
- Earn $800 - $1200 per month (degree holders and teachers with experience earn the most)
- Visa sponsorship (once probation has ended)
- Accommodation assistance is provided
- Paid leave and holidays included to approximately 25 days per year (inclusive of public holidays)
- Full pre-departure support to help with gathering correct documentation and any other preparations needed before you travel from our experienced in-house support manager
- 24/7 in-country support for the duration of your stay in Myanmar