Our paid Teach English in Myanmar program is an outstanding opportunity to immerse yourself in the rich and fascinating Burmese culture while empowering local communities with the skill of speaking and writing English, while being paid to do so. This makes for an enticing alternative to the more established programs in nearby Thailand, Vietnam or China for anyone looking for arguably a more authentic cultural experience in a destination still relatively unexplored by Western tourists.
"I have had such an incredible experience with TravelBud and in Myanmar. The TravelBud team has been nothing but supportive and kind during the whole process. From the moment I signed up to present day while I am still teaching. I still get emails from Saskia checking in and making sure things are going well. Living in Yangon provides so many opportunities to meet new people and explore an array of different cultural aspects. I couldn't have asked for a better placement, Myanmar is truly an amazing country."
- Mindy, January 2019
Increased Flexibility & Precautionary Measures During COVID-19
To ensure the health and safety of all our participants, we have implemented precautionary measures in our program destinations, suspended select intakes through to May, and are offering flexible enrollment options to give all our future participants peace of mind during these uncertain times. Read more here and view our next available start date open for enrollment below: https://travelbud.com/covid-19-update/.
When Can I Start?
Choose from the following upcoming start dates in 2021:
- January 18th 2021 (Limited Spaces Remaining)
- April 26th 2021
Speak to our experienced enrollments team about the best start date for you.
- Guaranteed job placement at a vetted school
- Internationally accredited TESOL/TEFL certification
- Monthly salary ranging from $800 to $1200 per month
- Very low cost of living making saving easy
- Carefully vetted schools to ensure you have the best possible experience
- A variety of options available from urban to more rural locations
- Thorough pre-departure support to ensure you're prepared for your journey and interviews
- 24/7 in-country support for everything from the classroom to personal issues
- Lifetime placement guarantee: once you finish your contract, get placed again at any available school in our Asia network for free
You'll be teaching English at private schools and language centres and can be placed in cities like the Capital, Yangon, Mandalay or other smaller towns and cities throughout the country.
You will earn between $800 and $1200 (US) per month which provides a very comfortable lifestyle with the low cost of living in Myanmar.
You can teach a range of age groups from young learners to teenagers depending on who your school or center caters for. Myanmar has a deep hunger to learn English skills which will provide opportunities to locals in the tourism business and in being able to study and travel abroad.
You will work between 25 and 35 hours per week with two days off, language centers may require some weekend work.
You can also request to be placed with your friend/partner/travel companion.
Contracts are generally for 6 months or longer with an option to extend for free! You can also opt for a 3-month or 12-month contract available at certain times of the year.
Our program includes a 120 hour in-class TESOL course with an experienced instructor. It's conducted over a period of 3 weeks, includes practical supervised teaching experience and an internationally accredited certification. The course is tailored to teaching in Asia with a specific focus on Myanmar.
The program costs between $1550 and $2300 depending on which program option you choose.
Fees cover costs associated with running the program as no incentives/remunerations are paid by schools to TravelBud. Also covered by the fees are costs associated with placement, support, orientation and more.
What our participants say they love most about TravelBud
- Fast turnaround time
- Guaranteed job placement
- Great reviews by past teachers
- Our fun, friendly enrolments agents all have teach abroad experience
- Simple to understand and informative website full of photos, videos, and blog articles to help you prepare for what to expect
Here's who will be helping you:
Grace - with first-hand experience teaching English in South Korea, Grace has recently rejoined the TravelBud team after returning from a travel sabbatical. She's now the fearless enrollments team leader but still loves helping would-be teachers and volunteers attain their travel dreams.
Lydia - with years of experience teaching and traveling in China, Lydia has seen what life is like organizing her own teach abroad experience and so can give you first-hand insights into how the benefits of a supported program compare. Her passion for teaching abroad is infectious!
Gary - Having traveled to the UK and Thailand where he worked as a conservation volunteer, Gary's easy-going, mature demeanor will have you feeling calm and passionate about making a real difference in the lives of the kids you'll teach.
Nooru - If you're looking for inspiration in just how travel can empower you, Nooru's your girl! She's been to some rather unique countries and has a big passion for using one's travels and time abroad to achieve personal growth and bring positive change to others.
- Be a citizen of the UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand. English-speaking candidates from EU countries are also considered for positions, depending on English fluency. (C2 level is preferred for non-native speakers)
- Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required, for those without a bachelors degree, teaching experience will be preferred
- 120 hour TEFL or TESOL certificate required, if you do not have one we do provide a course done in Myanmar (see below)
- Be in good health, you may have to take a medical and blood test once in Myanmar
- Be between 21 and 45 years of age
- Airport pickup & Sim Card
- Weeklong cultural orientation upon arrival packed with day trips and culture lessons
- Guaranteed job placement
- Earn $800 - $1200 per month (degree holders and teachers with experience earn the most)
- Visa sponsorship (once probation has ended)
- Accommodation assistance is provided
- Paid leave and holidays included to approximately 25 days per year (inclusive of public holidays)
- Full pre-departure support to help with gathering correct documentation and any other preparations needed before you travel from our experienced in-house support manager
- 24/7 in-country support for the duration of your stay in Myanmar