We are looking for experienced and dedicated volunteer English teachers to assist with the Costa Rican Government’s “English Training for Employability” initiative.
We are excited to be working with this program, which will provide intensive English education and life skills training to local Costa Rican communities. The goal of the program is to empower and improve the employability of at risk young adults to gain employment at local businesses where a basic to intermediate level of English is required.
We are now accepting applications for 2020 Intakes!
- 4-month volunteer English teaching placement
- All housing and meals included with a local Costa Rican host family
- Placements throughout Costa Rica
- Extensive 4-day group orientation upon arrival in San Jose
Upfront Cost: $650
$150 for insurance coverage for the duration of your program (required for the program)
$500 program fee. You’ll receive a $600 completion bonus from our partner organization when you complete the program
We will be looking for experienced and dedicated volunteers who have a passion for positively impacting the lives of at-risk young adults in Costa Rica. This is a new and important government initiative, so we will need volunteers who are hard-working and committed to the program’s success to ensure that the program can continue and expand in order to impact the lives of more Costa Rican youths.
Upcoming Program Dates:
April 12, 2020 - August 21, 2020
August 9, 2020 - December 19, 2020
January 3, 2021 - March 31, 2021
- Volunteer teaching placement in Costa Rica
- 4 Months of International Health Insurance
- Private Room Accommodation with a local host family
- 3 Meals per day
- Airport pickup and transfer to orientation host family
- Transportation to teaching site
- Group orientation upon arrival, including host family accommodations
- Greenheart Atlas Program, an interactive guide to your cross-cultural experience
- Greenheart Travel T-shirt & Greenheart Stickers
- Costa Rica Culture Smart! Customs & Cultural Guide Book