About the school
The Australian International School (AIS) is located in Vientiane, Laos, and was founded in 2011. It is a well-established and multi-cultural school whose goals is to provide our Lao and international students with the skills and knowledge to equip them for the 21st century by giving them a “strong foundation for a brighter future”. AIS School uses the Cambridge International Curriculum in both primary and secondary.
About the role
- Be passionate and willing to ensure progress in your classroom.
- Achieve and observe “good” level of teaching
- Be willing to improve constantly
- Teaching all area of the primary curriculum
- Be proactive and dedicated to raising attainment of all children regardless of starting point.
- Use creative, interactive and engaging teaching methods to encourage pupils to actively participate in classroom activities and develop cognitive, numerical and verbal reasoning skills.
- Be responsible for preparing lesson plans, educating pupils in a fun and engaging manner, marking students’ work and providing them with necessary feedback, encouragement and support.
- Pay attention to each individual pupil’s progress and evaluate their learning abilities by setting assignments, periodic tests and homework projects.
- Bachelor in primary education and or PGCE preferred
- Be of Native English level or highly proficient in English
- Be energetic, cooperative, compassionate and committed.
- Teaching experience is preferred but not essential
- Be of good physical and mental health
- Be fit to work with children
- High level of cooperation & flexibility
- Recent criminal clearance and health certificate
- Teaching License
- Bachelor in Primary education
- Tax-free net salary paid monthly in USD
- Work visa and resident permit provided
- Lunch provided
- Health insurance included
- Paid public holidays