ECO ABC School is looking for an experienced, early-childhood educator to help start a school in Valle de Bravo, Mexico.
This unique opportunity will give the teacher flexibility to design and adapt curriculum, use strategies and methodologies from their repertoire of experience, and help create a school for the ever-growing population in Valle de Bravo.
The position also comes with the opportunity to transition into an administration and leadership position as the school grows. For the first year, the head teacher will be asked to perform some of the administrative tasks as well, serving both as teacher and school leader.
Job responsibilities include:
-Head Teacher responsibilities for a cohort of no more than 20 students aged 3-7.
-Differentiated planning and implementation of learning engagements and lessons in math, literacy, writing, science, and social/emotional well-being.
-Participate in the design of academic and social/emotional learning goals.
-Guide student exploration and discovery through nature walks, maker-space, and project-based learning engagements
-Progress monitoring and communication with families.
-School director tasks of parent communication, problem-solving, and coordinating family events (at least for first year).
- At least 5 years teaching experience with early-elementary classrooms
- Experience with, or interest in pursuing, school leadership
- A creative and progressive outlook toward education
- Experience with outdoor learning (e.g. nature schools), project-based learning, Montessori, and/or other progressive teaching philosophies or programs welcome, but not required
- Spanish language abilities welcome, but not required
Salary will be competitive and most likely paid in Mexican Pesos. Salary will reflect teacher experience but will not be less than the equivalent of $2,000 USD/month. Other teacher benefits such as vacation and housing (or a housing stipend) will be included.