- Bachelor's degree in any field - no teaching experience required
- Internationally accredited 140-hour TEFL/TESOL certification - which TravelBud provides in Bali prior to placement
- SALARY: Earn salaries of $1200 – $2000 USD per month (17.9 – 29 million Rupiah) and live comfortably because of the low cost of living.
- TRAVEL: You’ll get all official public holidays, as well as up to 28 paid days per year off for travel adventures.
- SUPPORT: We walk you through everything you need to know before you depart to Indonesia and from the moment you touch down, you'll continue to receive 24/7 support from our in-country team who will be on hand for you throughout your placement.
- TEFL CERTIFICATION: You will graduate with an Internationally Accredited 120 hour in-class TEFL/TESOL certificate that never expires and can be used to teach all over the world.
- PLACEMENT ONLY: If you already have an accredited TEFL/TESOL certificate you may qualify for our placement only program.
- TEACHER NETWORK: A support network of fellow teachers where you can meet other like-minded individuals who are experiencing the same pleasures and challenges you are.
- PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL GROWTH: When you do head back home, you’re not just another resume in a pile of resumes - you are someone different who’s done something interesting and rewarding.
For the past 10 years, TravelBud has helped thousands of teachers successfully navigate the intricacies of teaching abroad by offering guaranteed job placements at the most trusted schools, country-specific and online Internationally Accredited TEFL/TESOL Certification, In-depth Cultural Orientations to help you settle into your new environment and award-winning helpful support from start to finish including pre-departure and 24/7 in-country.
In addition the personal assistance and 24/7 support we provide, you’ll also have a support network of fellow teachers where you can meet other like-minded individuals who are experiencing the same pleasures and challenges you are.
We know the key to success is well-trained, culturally-adjusted, and emotionally-supported teachers and we understand from direct experience that working and traveling abroad is a challenging, fulfilling and deeply rewarding personal experience.
Get paid to teach English in one of South East Asia's most exciting and culturally immersive destinations.
All you need to qualify is to have a bachelor's degree in any field of study and be a citizen of one of the following countries: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa.
When can I start?
Start Dates for our In-Class TEFL/TESOL Course in Canggu, Bali
2023 Intake Dates
- 26 June 2023
- 07 August 2023
- 04 September 2023
- 09 October 2023
- 13 November 2023
2024 Intake Dates
When you arrive in Bali, you can count on: Airport pick-up and transportation to your accommodation within walking distance to the training centre and the beach. You’ll then begin your orientation, kicking off with a welcome meal on the first evening to get to know your fellow teacher travelers.
How is TravelBud Different?
We provide dedicated pre-departure support and 24/7 in-country support: Worried about preparing for your big move abroad all on your own or having no one to lean on for support when you arrive at your school placement? With TravelBud, we walk you through everything you need to know before you depart to Bali and from the moment you touch down, you'll receive 24/7 support from our in-country team who will be on hand for you throughout your teaching placement for anything you need help with - be it big or small.
Our TEFL Certification is tailored specifically to Indonesian classrooms: We focus on all the unique elements that come with teach English in Indonesia compared to other countries - like the unique cultural etiquette, the working environment, overcoming the language barrier, and managing Indonesian students effectively. And with teaching practice at a local school, you'll graduate more prepared and confident than ever to teach English in Indonesia. Our activities includes fun cultural excursions to help you immerse yourself responsibly in your new cultural environment.
We've all taught abroad ourselves: TravelBud was born and grew out of the experience our entire team had teaching English abroad. There's nothing we're more passionate about! Based on our own experiences, we have developed holistic Paid Teaching and TEFL Certification programs which encompass all the most important elements we know are needed to ensure the most memorable and life-changing experience when it comes to teaching English abroad.
Indonesia is considered the crown jewel of South East Asia and has become the most sought after paid teaching destination in the world! This is what you can expect:
- Indonesia offers something for everyone, with a fascinating blend of cultures, a bustling expat community, highly urbanized cities and a scenic landscape like no other
- It's a program that has one of the highest saving potentials due to the low living expenses and relatively high salaries, where you can earn between $1200 to $2000 USD per month!
- Our internationally accredited 140 hour in-class TEFL/TESOL course provides the opportunity to acquire your certificate during our month-long course completed in the bustling and ever-popular beach town of Canggu on Bali Island (which we highly recommended!). Our TEFL/TESOL course is tailored specifically to teaching English in Indonesia to ensure you are prepared for the relevant teaching and cultural environment you’ll be placed in, but can be used around the world!
- Gain an in-depth and broad foundation into Indonesian culture, history, politics, and language through our cultural orientation activities, which is included in both our in-class TEFL/TESOL program and the Two week Extension Program - with a variety of enriching and exciting activities which include temple visits, surfing lessons, a welcome dinner, and more
- Receive full assistance for a placement at one of our highly vetted schools, which is facilitated during and towards the end of your course. We work some of the top Language schools International schools and online schools which undergo our strict vetting procedure
- Enjoy thorough support from the moment you enroll as well as 24/7 in-country support once you touch down in Denpasar Airport and throughout your placement. We’ve all taught abroad ourselves and will be guiding you every step of the way based on our first-hand experience
- Receive TravelBud’s unique lifetime placement guarantee for Program Line B where we’ll assist in placing you free of charge at a school in stunning Cambodia; or you can return to Indonesia in the future!
This program is only open to citizens of the following countries: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Neutral accent
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Be a minimum of 20 years and maximum of 49 years of age, those aged older or younger will be reviewed on a case by case basis
- Clean criminal record
- A love for foreign cultures and willingness to embrace new challenges
Training: Internationally Accredited 140-hour TEFL/TESOL Certification
The course is tailored specifically for those preparing to teach English in Indonesia offers both practical training and classroom sessions to equip you with the knowledge and skills required to teach English to non-native speakers.
The following areas/subjects are covered during your 4 weeks:
- An introduction to South East Asian culture – to help your transitioninto the local classroom and community.
- Teaching techniques – we provide you with models to teach beginnersas well as advanced students, young learners and adults
- Teaching the four skills of language: speaking, listening, reading and writing Planning a course for special purposes (such as for a business)
- Grammar – brushing up yours as a teacher, and techniques to teach grammar
- Creating materials for lessons
- Lesson planning
- Suitable activities for the language classroom
- Discipline in the classroom
- Building rapport with your students, including warmers and coolers in the classroom.
- Classroom management, covering all aspects Teaching one-to-one, as well as larger classes
- Teaching vocabulary
- Understanding problems for Asian learners (understanding the differences between their language and English) as well as for other key languages, such as Spanish and Russian.
- Error correction techniques
- Preparing your CV/resumé, and tips for the interview process
- Teaching business English
- Teaching practices and assignments: You will have the opportunity to conduct several full lessons (teacher practices). These are observed by a trainer, and detailed and constructive feedback is given to you after each lesson, to help you improve for your next lesson, and your career to follow. (You will get an opportunity to teach both young learners and adults). Our qualified trainers will assist you with the lesson planning process. Read our blog on making the most of your observed lesson
- Materials project: Here you will present the materials used for lessons, to the class.
- A journal entry assignment
- Various lesson planning and group work assignments
- Various tests and tasks over the 4-week course, covering grammar, punctuation and a few other aspects covered in class. We work with our teachers to adequately prepare them for these tests. All content of the tests is covered during the course.
Got a TEFL/TESOL certificate already?
For teachers that already have extensive experience in the teaching field, as well as an existing online/in-class 120-hour TESOL/TEFL/CELTA, we offer the 2 week TEFL Extension course.
Ultimately this encompasses a 2 week practical learning course that attaches to your existing TEFL to qualify it to be an “in-class” certificate.
All those applying for the Extension Course will be required to follow and submit special documentation to be approved by the course director prior to acceptance onto the program. Your co-ordinator will guide you through this specialised application process.
The TravelBud Team
Our entire enrollments and support team have teach abroad experience. They'll share their own personal stories with you and guide you through all the ins and outs of the program.