- Bachelor's degree
- TESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours
- 2 weeks hotel accommodation upon arrival in Shanghai
- Legal Z work visa provided
- Health insurance provided
- Professional pre-job training and extensive on-the-job training provided
- Career development opportunities
Giraffe English teaches students 3 to 12 years old, and given the age of our students, our mission extends beyond teaching English. We at Giraffe believe that we must not only be effective teachers of English, but work to help create an environment where students can work and learn collaboratively.
- Participate in the teaching of educational drama classes.
- Help students build 5 literacies which include Aesthetics, Communication, Creativity, Imagination, Critical Thinking.
- Participate in curriculum planning and execution.
- 13-15 teaching hours per week.
- 40-hour work week during probation.
- 30-hour work week including teaching hours after completion of probation.
- Lesson planning for students 3-12 years old.
- Participate in events and special activities based on Western holidays (Christmas, Halloween, etc.)
- Attend training and weekly meetings.
- Weekend classes with 2 days off during the week.