- No Bachelor's degree required! Cambodia is one of the only countries in Asia where you can legally teach without a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Salary between $800 and $2000 USD depending on qualifications and experience
- Up to 21 days paid leave per year, teachers have the opportunity to balance their work lifestyle and have enough time (and money) to enjoy the opportunities to travel and relax in cultural paradise.
- Placements are for 1 year and can be renewed if you’d like to stay and continue to teach English in Cambodia for more than a year.
- Save money and then travel extensively around Cambodia and its neighboring countries.
- In-class real life training, practical teaching and cultural activities with your fellow teacher travelers.
Get paid to teach English in one of South East Asia's most exciting and culturally immersive destinations.
No Degree required! All you need to qualify is to be a citizen of one of the following countries: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa.
When can I start?
Start Dates for our In-Class TEFL/TESOL Course in Siem Reap, Cambodia
2022 Intake Dates
- 3 October 2022
- 31 October 2022
- 28 November 2022
2023 Intake Dates
- 09 January 2023
- 06 February 2023
- 06 March 2023
- 17 April 2023
- 15 May 2023
- 12 June 2023
- 31 July 2023
- 28 August 2023
- 25 September 2023
- 30 October 2023
- 27 November 2023
When you arrive in Cambodia, you can count on: Airport pick-up and transportation to your accommodation within walking distance to the training centre and the vibrant city center. You’ll then begin your orientation, kicking off with a welcome meal on the first evening to get to know your fellow teacher travelers.
How is TravelBud Different?
We provide dedicated pre-departure support and 24/7 in-country support: Worried about preparing for your big move abroad all on your own or having no one to lean on for support when you arrive at your school placement? With TravelBud, we walk you through everything you need to know before you depart to Cambodia and from the moment you touch down, you'll receive 24/7 support from our in-country team who will be on hand for you throughout your teaching placement for anything you need help with - be it big or small.
Our TEFL Certification is tailored specifically to Cambodian classrooms: We focus on all the unique elements that come with teach English in Cambodia compared to other countries - like the unique cultural etiquette, the working environment, overcoming the language barrier, and managing Cambodian students effectively. And with teaching practice at a local school, you'll graduate more prepared and confident than ever to teach English in Cambodia. Our activities includes fun cultural excursions to help you immerse yourself responsibly in your new cultural environment.
We've all taught abroad ourselves: TravelBud was born and grew out of the experience our entire team had teaching English abroad. There's nothing we're more passionate about! Based on our own experiences, we have developed holistic Paid Teaching and TEFL Certification programs which encompass all the most important elements we know are needed to ensure the most memorable and life-changing experience when it comes to teaching English abroad.
- Cambodia offers incredible authenticity for those seeking meaningful travel. You can delve into the ancient world of temples, the tropical paradise on the coastline or the bustling, arty capital.
- It's a program that has one of the highest saving potentials due to the low living expenses and relatively high salaries, where you can earn between $800 to $2000 USD, depending on qualifications per month!
- Our internationally accredited 140 hour in-class TEFL/TESOL course provides the opportunity to acquire your certificate during our month-long course completed in the bustling and ever-popular city of Siem Reap (which we highly recommended!). Our TEFL/TESOL course is tailored specifically to teaching English in Cambodia to ensure you are prepared for the relevant teaching and cultural environment you’ll be placed in, but can be used around the world!
- Gain an in-depth and broad foundation into Cambodian culture, history, politics, and language through our cultural orientation activities, which is included in both our in-class TEFL/TESOL program and the Two week Extension Program - with a variety of enriching and exciting activities which include welcome meal on the first evening, floating village market excursion, temple visits, Khmer cooking class, cycle tour and the all important cultural awareness sessions!
- Receive full assistance for a placement at one of our highly vetted schools, which is facilitated during and towards the end of your course. We work some of the top International schools which undergo our strict vetting procedure
- Enjoy thorough support from the moment you enroll as well as 24/7 in-country support once you touch down and throughout your placement. We’ve all taught abroad ourselves and will be guiding you every step of the way based on our first-hand experience
- Receive TravelBud’s unique lifetime placement guarantee for Program Line B where we’ll assist in placing you free of charge at a school in stunning Indonesia; or you can return to Cambodia in the future!
NO DEGREE REQUIRED! Cambodia is one of the only countries in Asia where you can legally teach without a Bachelor’s Degree. A degree is not required for the documents submission to obtain the work permit.
This program is only open to citizens of the following countries: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Neutral accent
- Be a minimum of 20 years and maximum of 49 years of age, those aged older or younger will be reviewed on a case by case basis
- Clean criminal record
- A love for foreign cultures and willingness to embrace new challenges
Training: Internationally Accredited 140-hour TEFL/TESOL Certification
The course is tailored specifically for those preparing to teach English in Cambodia offers both practical training and classroom sessions to equip you with the knowledge and skills required to teach English to non-native speakers.
The following areas/subjects are covered during your 4 weeks:
- An introduction to South East Asian culture – to help your transitioninto the local classroom and community.
- Teaching techniques – we provide you with models to teach beginnersas well as advanced students, young learners and adults
- Teaching the four skills of language: speaking, listening, reading and writing Planning a course for special purposes (such as for a business)
- Grammar – brushing up yours as a teacher, and techniques to teach grammar
- Creating materials for lessons
- Lesson planning
- Suitable activities for the language classroom
- Discipline in the classroom
- Building rapport with your students, including warmers and coolers in the classroom.
- Classroom management, covering all aspects Teaching one-to-one, as well as larger classes
- Teaching vocabulary
- Understanding problems for Asian learners (understanding the differences between their language and English) as well as for other key languages, such as Spanish and Russian.
- Error correction techniques
- Preparing your CV/resumé, and tips for the interview process
- Teaching business English
- Teaching practices and assignments: You will have the opportunity to conduct several full lessons (teacher practices). These are observed by a trainer, and detailed and constructive feedback is given to you after each lesson, to help you improve for your next lesson, and your career to follow. (You will get an opportunity to teach both young learners and adults). Our qualified trainers will assist you with the lesson planning process. Read our blog on making the most of your observed lesson
- Materials project: Here you will present the materials used for lessons, to the class.
- A journal entry assignment
- Various lesson planning and group work assignments
- Various tests and tasks over the 4-week course, covering grammar, punctuation and a few other aspects covered in class. We work with our teachers to adequately prepare them for these tests. All content of the tests is covered during the course.
Got a TEFL/TESOL certificate already?
For teachers that already have extensive experience in the teaching field, as well as an existing online/in-class 120-hour TESOL/TEFL/CELTA, we offer the 2 week TEFL Extension course.
Ultimately this encompasses a 2 week practical learning course that attaches to your existing TEFL to qualify it to be an “in-class” certificate.
All those applying for the Extension Course will be required to follow and submit special documentation to be approved by the course director prior to acceptance onto the program. Your co-ordinator will guide you through this specialised application process.
The TravelBud Team
Our entire enrollments and support team have teach abroad experience. They'll share their own personal stories with you and guide you through all the ins and outs of the program.