- Bachelor degree holder
- TEFL/CELTA/TESOL certificate holder
- Native English Speaker
- 4 years of ESL teaching experience
- Performance Bonus
- 16 days schedule leave
- 2 day weekends
- Continuous Professional Development
- Return flight ticket
- Medical Insurance and Claim
The first ELS Malaysia centre was established in 1990 to provide quality English language programmes to students seeking better higher education opportunities and a brighter future. We have consistently championed our parent company's core values of integrity and compassion by nurturing academic excellence in the classroom and providing a supportive environment for our students.
Thanks to ELS Malaysia’s reliable academic standards, our top achievements to date are our long-standing partnership with Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), a top-tier university in Malaysia and our endorsement by the National ELT Accreditation Scheme (NEAS) from Australia.
In 2012, UPM became the first university outside of the U.S. with an on-campus ELS centre. We have since helped more than 3,000 international students at UPM to fulfil the English requirement of their undergraduate or postgraduate programme.
With the NEAS endorsement in 2019, ELS Malaysia became the first internationally-accredited language institution in Malaysia. This accreditation is a recognition of our commitment towards quality in helping our students to achieve success.
In the years to come, we will continue to stay true to our purpose by leading the way in academic excellence and promoting the transformative power of English language and education.
Reporting directly to the Academic Director or Academic coordinator, the English Language Instructor is responsible for planning, teaching and evaluating assigned classes in accordance with the ELS Language Centers curriculum with assistance from the AD or AC, Instructional Specialists and Senior English Language Instructors; for maintaining student class records; for fulfilling administrative duties as required and/or requested by the AD or AC; and for participating in professional development activities such as workshops, meetings and assisting Associate English Language Instructors.
1. To teach any of the ELS academic programmes as assigned by the Academic Director or Academic Co-coordinator.
2. To prepare lesson plans, exercises and tests.
3. To test, evaluate and counsel the student regarding his/her classroom performance.
4. To maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning.
5. To co-ordinate instruction, attendance records and evaluation with other teachers.
6. To know and adhere to Centre policy and procedures and to communicate local policy to associate Instructors.
7. To complete administrative paperwork as required or requested.
8. To maintain performance and attendance records.
9. To maintain Centre resource materials and files
10. To refer non-academic problems to the appropriate person(s).
11. To be willing to observe for purposes of professional development and to be observed in all facets of the programmes.
12. To participate in administrative meetings and professional development activities.
13. To participate in the employee evaluation process (classroom observations and follow-up discussions and the performance appraisal process).
14. To provide Associate Instructors with assistance.
15. To develop and /or refine teaching materials at the local level.
16. To participate in activities during the instructor’s scheduled class hours and when requested, to disseminate information about after-class activities
17. To contribute to the maintenance of neat classrooms and a neat staff workroom and staff lounge.
18. To substitute in emergency situations when there are no reasonable alternatives available to the AD or AC.
Please send us your CV telling us about your qualifications and the reasons why you would like to work at ELS Malaysia. Please send us your application to email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange a Zoom interview.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting Niza at firstname.lastname@example.org.