Want to start a new adventure on the other side of the world?
Apply now to join us in China
We are looking for graduates to take on ESL positions in a number of different cities in China. Whether you have graduated university and would like to gain high-caliber international teaching experience, or would just like to travel and take on a new challenge, we can provide an opportunity of a lifetime. Our high-energy jobs will allow you to teach your native language in a welcoming environment, as well as offering you the unique experience of sampling a wealth of Eastern culture. Come join our team!
Full support in getting your legal working Visa
Airport pickup, Full support in finding and setting up your apartment, setting up your bank account, SIM card, etc. on arrival.
Plus, you do not need experience! We provide a Free TEFL course and one the best training systems in China.
MEF also offers 80% of the health insurance payments and Free Chinese lessons!
Salaries are around 3 times what the local Chinese make.
Most teachers are able to go traveling and exploring each weekend, eat out most of their meals and still be able to save £200 to £300 per month after expenses. Some teachers have been able to save £600 to £900 per month after expenses.
For most questions people ask about teaching in China:
Our longest teacher has been with us for over 13 years, and most of our teachers renew and take multiple contracts. M.E.F. offers the best care and support in China.
- Teaching kindergarten to primary aged children
- Planning your lessons using our M.E.F. developed curriculum
- Creating a fun and engaging lesson plan that will make students want to learn
- Monitoring student progress
- 5 days per week
- Max. 30 teaching hours per week (Max. 40 hours onsite)
Two types of positions. (Applicants are able to give their preference. )
- Option 1: Full time kindergarten. Monday to Friday, 4 to 6 teaching hours per day. Normally days are from 8:30 to 5:30 and children have nap time for at least 2 hours.
- Option 2: Different locations or inside a language school. These teachers work less hours (sometimes half the number of hours compared to full time kindergarten teachers), 5 days per week but not set Saturday/Sunday off. Usually they have a mix of classes (so not only kindergarten).
Strict Requirements (no exceptions):
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Hold a passport one of the following countries: Canada, USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand
- Clear Police Check
- Age 21 to 39 (as per visa acceptance requirements)
- English must be your native/first language
For more details and an extensive list of questions and answers on teaching in China, visit our website!
We guarantee you will not regret coming to China. In the case you were to arrive in China and don't love it, all you would have to do is let us know and MEF will give the Chinese visa application fee refunded and fly you back home for free. We are sure you will not regret this experience.
MEF is a leading provider of ESL English teachers in China. We are dedicated to providing support to our network of teachers and are more than happy to answer any questions.
Apply now to join us in China
- Native English Speaker
- Must hold a US, Canada, UK, Irish, Australia or New Zealand passport
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- No criminal record
- Tattoos (if you have any) must be able to be somewhat hidden.
- Age 22 to 39 (as per visa acceptance requirements)
Packages equaling Up to 22,000 RMB/Month
NOTE: 20,000 RMB = approx. $2800 USD, $4000 CAD/AUD, £2200
Salaries are area specific
Our new larger-city contracts offer:
*17,000 RMB - 22,000 RMB per month
Our mid-sized city packages offer:
*14,500 RMB - 19,500 RMB per month
*Salary amounts include 1,000 accommodation allowance per month. Teachers are also able to make up to 3000 RMB each month for optional project involvement. Examples of projects include curriculum development, social media support, and our monthly idea-sharing initiative for teachers helping teachers. Plus, in many of areas, teachers are able to use a new private lesson/extra money option doing extra part time lessons. An example of 4 hours per week offering an extra 2000 RMB per month.
BENEFITS AND INCENTIVES:
- Full Arrival Support (We will help with everything from picking you up, helping you get an apartment, getting your SIM card, WIFI, bank account, where to eat, where to shop, and all of the daily life needs sorted.)
- Free TEFL Certification Course
- 2 weeks paid vacation every year during Chinese Spring Festival, 1 week paid vacation in October, all Chinese official holidays, and up to four weeks unpaid holidays
- Choice of Free flight to China paid upfront OR 6,000 RMB bonus after 6 months
- Processing Chinese Z Visa work permit
- Airport pick up, arrival support
- Up to one-week free hotel accommodation on arrival (until apartment is confirmed)
- Healthcare Coverage: 80% of insurance companies coverage fees paid for
- Up to 10,000 RMB Accommodation expenses Loan (cash advance for accommodation deposits, advanced months and other accommodation fees)
- Organized social events
- Paid Transportation to and from places of work (When required to be at more than one location)
- Full training Support System
- Free Chinese lessons or Language exchange partner pairing program.
- City/Country Rotation options for contract renewals