We have numerous exciting opportunities available to teach English in one of the world's most up-and-coming teach abroad destinations: Vietnam!
This is an incredibly vibrant country full of fascinating history, unique customs and exceptional food. Teaching here is a privileged opportunity to contribute to the lives of those most passionate about up-skilling themselves to allow them to explore a wide range of possibilities for their futures.
"This has been one of the best choices of my life. I did my TESL in Ho Chi Minh City and now I am living in Hanoi. During the TESL everybody was extremely helpful and assisted me with anything I needed. I found this course a good way to become acclimated to living in another country as well as a funnel into overall Vietnam! The market tours, history lessons, language lessons, and the course itself all provided me with the tools I need to survive here."
- Kyle, September 2017
About the job
We have two types of positions available: teaching at public schools and teaching at private language centers.
As a teacher in a private language centre you benefit from high tech, modern teaching facilities with smaller classes to allow you to give your student the attention they deserve. Public school opportunities allow you to work weekdays while helping empower local kids who might not be able to afford private language tuition.
No experience required, full training provided
We offer exceptional in-class TESOL training done in Vietnam where you also receive a weeklong cultural orientation, packed with fun activities and insightful lectures to help you adjust smoothly to life in this high energy country. The TESOL course is 120 hours long over a 3 week period and is led by an experienced instructor and is customized to teaching English in Vietnam. If you already have a TESOL certificate, done online, you may still be eligible but check with us first.
With this you'll also receive airport pickup, a sim card for your mobile phone and comprehensive job placement assistance.
Benefits to this program
- Guaranteed job placement
- High earning potential starting at around $1200 per month (increases dependent on experience & and how much you want to work)
- Very low cost of living making saving easy
- Carefully vetted schools to ensure you have the best possible experience
- A variety of options available from urban to more rural locations and from high-tech private language centres to culturally immersive public schools
- Thorough pre-departure support to ensure you're prepared for your journey and interviews
- 24/7 in-country support for everything from classroom to personal issues
- Lifetime placement guarantee: once you finish your contract, get placed again at any available school in our Asia network for free
- Be at least 21 years of age and older (usually applicants older than 35 will need to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis)
- Hold a bachelor's degree in any field
- Be willing to commit to a 12 month contract
- No criminal record
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Have excellent command of the English language in both a written and spoken form
- Have a passion for understanding and embracing new cultures and experiences
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: United States, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand
- March 11th TESOL course and orientation in Ho Chi Minh City | Popular Intake: 4 Spaces Left
- April 22nd TESOL course and orientation in Ho Chi Minh City
- Multiple other dates throughout the year
We also offer alternative start dates where orientation and TESOL training is done in Thailand prior to starting work in Vietnam, ask us for more info.
What our participants say they love most about TravelBud
"I am currently living and teaching in Vietnam. I did an in class TESOL through a partnering company of TravelBud. TravelBud is an amazing company and I can’t compliment them enough. From day 1 until now they have been on top of things and so helpful- they made my move to Vietnam a breeze."
- Carole, February 2018
- Fast turnaround time
- Guaranteed job placement
- Great reviews by past teachers
- Our fun, friendly enrolments agents all have teach abroad experience
- Simple to understand website full of photos and videos to help you prepare for what to expect
The TravelBud Team
Our entire enrollments and support team have teach abroad experience. When enquiring with us you'll be speaking to one of the following:
Lauren - one of our longest-standing team members, Lauren has teach abroad experience in Thailand, a program she did through TravelBud and has now helped more than 100 of our alumni realise their teach abroad dreams, more than 30 of them to Vietnam! Lauren's also travelled through Vietnam and counts several teachers in the country as personal friends.
Lydia - with years of experience teaching and travelling in China, Lydia has seen what life is like organising her own teach abroad experience and so can give you first-hand insights into how the benefits of a supported program compare. Her passion for teaching abroad is infectious!
Kim - with first-hand experience teaching English in South Korea, Kim can share some deep personal insights into what life is like living and working abroad. Kim's probably our most organised team member, so you know you're in competent hands with her.
Philippa - another of our TravelBud alumni, Philippa taught English in Thailand for 18 months before returning home to help make others' teach abroad plans a reality, her calm and patient demeanour will help ease any nerves you might have! Philippa has travelled extensively through Southeast Asia and can give some great personal insights into what life will be like in Vietnam.
- Guaranteed job placement
- Monthly pay of around $1600 per month
- Vietnam's extremely low cost of living makes saving easier
- Healthcare provided (we recommend taking extra insurance as a precaution also)
- Assistance in finding accommodation
- Friends and couples can be placed together
- Assistance with opening a local bank account
- Visa guidance and application support prior to departure
- 24/7 in-country support throughout your job contract in Vietnam