4 hours south from Panama City is the coastal town of Pedasí where you can spend 4 to 12 weeks teaching English to local children as a volunteer.
This is by far our most relaxed teach abroad program where you'll only work 4 afternoons per week, Monday to Thursday, the rest of your time you're free to explore this exceptional country. Immerse yourself in the colourful culture of the Azuero Peninsula where Pedasí is located, hike the lush slopes of Volcán Barú in Chiriquí or island hop with locals of the Guna Yala archipelago on Panamá's Caribbean coast.
What's the job all about?
Work with local children in this rural part of Panamá in the afternoons, teaching them valuable English skills which will help them form a solid foundation for further education in English.
Monday afternoons are spent brainstorming and planning lessons for the week and you'll teach Tuesday to Thursday afternoons. After that, you'll have 3 day weekends to enjoy this stunning country.
- Full pre-departure support to help you prepare for the adventure ahead of you - that includes everything from helping you understand what to pack to getting documents in order.
- 24/7 In-country support for the duration of your stay
- Airport pick-up
- 2 Nights accommodation in Panama City
- City tour
- Transport to Pedasí
- Accommodation in Pedasí
- 3 home-cooked meals per day Monday to Thursday
- Course materials for teaching provided
How long is the program?
Choose between 4 week, 8 week or 12 week placements
When does it start?
We have multiple start dates which can often be tailored to meet your needs as participants arrive and depart on an ongoing basis. Chat to us about an appropriate date for you!
What our participants say they love most about TravelBud
- Fast turnaround time
- Guaranteed job placement
- Great reviews by past teachers
- Our fun, friendly enrolments agents all have teach abroad experience
- Simple to understand website full of photos and videos to help you prepare for what to expect
This is a volunteer style program but you will enjoy many benefits like:
- Our much loved pre-departure support and 24/7 in-country support
- Airport pickup
- Free accommodation
- City tour in Panama CIty
- 3 home-cooked meals per day, Monday to Thursday
- 3 day long weekends every weekend