• Online

HSK (Mandarin Chinese)
Specialized Courses
Business Medical Professional Specific Purposes
Class Size
Private Lessons Small Class (1-7)
Jan 07, 2021
Jun 22, 2022
4 travelers are looking at this program

Silk Mandarin's real-life online course makes you feel like you are actually in the classroom together with your teacher and, in case of group class, also together with your classmates.

You can literally log on from any place and at any time to have class improving your listening, conversational and character reading skills. And last but not least the shared blackboard with you and the teacher can be saved for after class review.

Program Highlights

• Face to face contact with teacher and classmates
  • All courses ware on screen available
  • Digital blackboard with house developed PPT’s, audio and video materials to enhance communication

• Content 9.8
  • Engagement 9.6
  • Platform 9.5
Daniel

I saw real progress and improvied my Chinese with this program!

I just completed 100 online classes with Teacher Christina and had an amazing experience. Each class was both very entertaining and also covered exactly the knowledge I wanted to learn. I was able to see real progress in both my spoken and written Chinese skills and was pushed out of my comfort zone in a way that still allowed me to succeed. It has been four years since I lived in China and this course was perfect for refreshing my language skills. I definitely recommend this course, school, and teacher to anyone who wants to improve their Chinese!

Pros
  • The teacher always had a great lesson preapred that was interesting and targeted exactly the skills/knowledge I wanted to improve.
  • The homework was inventive and helpful.
  • The class was a lot of fun; I was always excited to start another lesson!
Ricky

Private Online Course

Teacher Christina is a great chinese teacher! Always kept a smile during our lessons and positive attitude. She is patient and funny while teaching. She helped me develop my pronunciation & intonations for HSK1,2 & 3, I also got to develop my foundation, my fluency in speaking and listening is great and my accuracy while reading has gotten way better. She would give me homework for every lessons and give me good feedback’s on them. Overall the online learning experience has been a excellent. I would highly recommend her to future students.

What was your funniest moment?
Our cats walking in front of the camera and making acquaintance during our lessons.
Gokce

Weekly online review

This course has greatly helped me in learning chinese and my two online tutors Christina and Jennie have provided ample material and homework while also helping me learn chinese greatly. They are both excellent teachers to have for an online course. They also were able to help me in learning 汉字 which is my weakest part in learning chinese given the difference of the chinese charecters and the english alphabet. They provided multiple sources of revision and methods of remembering the various differnet charecters.

Prepare notes and revise them after lesson daily, while also keeping up with the provided homework material that is given during lessons as without continuned repetition it is hard to continue the increasing difficulty.
Major
Major A

Read this if you are serious about learning Mandarin Chinese

As a first time language learner, I naively thought I could teach myself Mandarin using mobile apps, books, flash cards and tutors. But my progress was slow and my weakest skills were not improving. I concluded I needed help from a professional Chinese teacher. I came across Silk Mandarin and met the director, Amy. She gave me a free consultation over the phone to gauge my Mandarin level. Afterwards she assessed my strengths and weaknesses and, with great accuracy, identified the skills I had been struggling to improve. She demonstrated Silk Mandarin's slow motion technique, and then prescribed a training program to help me improve. I signed-up for a couple 1on1 demo classes, where I meet my current instructor Sisi. Sisi is a specialist at teaching foreigners Mandarin, a true professional teacher with the qualifications to prove it. She is patient, accommodating of my schedule, and even creates additional study materials tailored for my specific needs. Hopefully documenting my experience here will help the next person save time and energy. If you're serious about learning Mandarin, I recommend you start with Silk Mandarin. Cheers!

RIKU

Study with interest

I have studying Chinese about 1year in online and face to face lesson.
My teacher (Christina) always teaches not only along the program but also keeping students interested!
For example, I have a poor listening ability, so I'm sometimes less motivated. In such a case, she introduce my favorite films translated into Chinese, keeping me interest!
And she If I'm poor at grammar in a ​class, she lend animation books translated into Chinese.Because I like animation books.
Thanks to her, I'm now studying with interest. I can talk a little with my Chinese colleagues using Chinese.
I still have a lack of study, so I will continue to study with interest !

Robert

Learning Chinese at Silk Mandarin, Suzhou

I have been studying at Silk Mandarin in Suzhou for three months now, both in online and onsite classes. It has been a great experience, thanks to my teacher Christina, who encourages conversation beyond the textbook and helped me to activate much of what lay dormant as I had previously only learned from books. Silk Mandarin has a friendly and supportive team, and classes can be flexibly arranged to fit my busy schedule. The local manager, Siqin, organises a lot of extra curricular activities as well.

Jairus

American Student Online Class Review

Coming into the Silk Program, I had 0 experience in Chinese. The only language I could speak was English. I started in the middle of July with no knowledge of speaking, tones, or writing, and now I am studying for the HSK3 test. That being said, studying Chinese as an American has been extremely challenging, but studying at Silk has made the process quite enjoyable. They tailor the classes to your schedule to help you get the most out of their program. I personally work two jobs so I don't have the time to dedicate myself full time to studying Chinese. My teacher understands this situation, so we set up classes and workload accordingly.

Lastly, I want to speak a bit about my teacher Yanqin. Starting my first class I felt so uncomfortable with myself because I didn't know anything. Really, Yanqin made me feel very comfortable from our first class. There was no judgement on my abilities, but rather patience and understanding. We are taking Chinese step by step and I can feel the improvement each month. Our first class we could only talk about what our names were, but today we talked about the Coronavirus vaccine.

It really has been an amazing journey to learn Chinese and I think that learning at Silk (online) is a great investment of time and money. I highly recommend this program 10/10 for everything (staff/teachers/program).

Natalie

Best Mandarin Language School for Foreign Students!!

I’ve been a student of Silk Mandarin since 2017! My first experience was when I enrolled in the Summer 4 week immersion course. I flew over from Australia especially to live and study in Shanghai so I could fully immerse myself in the language and the culture. This truly fast tracked my learning of the basics enough for me to continue my lessons online and now have progressed to HSK 4! My most recent teacher, Gemini has been instrumental in my improvement and confidence with the language. Her teaching style and patience with me has contributed to my progress immensely and I truly appreciate her! I have grown very fond of Silk Mandarin and all of the staff over these 3 years, so much so I consider them all, my friends...