Buenos Aires for Spanish, Business and/or Tango!

Buenos Aires for Spanish, Business and/or Tango!

Academic Studies Abroad offers intensive Spanish language classes and business classes alongside others that can all count towards your degree back at your home university. We'll work with you to help you get approval by providing course descriptions and syllabi if needed. Although it is not required, many semester students continue to choose this program with the add-on intensive month of Spanish as a way to complete or nearly complete their minor in Spanish in one term! The program for Spanish or Latin American Studies is available in the summer as well.

South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
Sociology
Theater, Drama and Dance
High School Diploma
Age Requirement
The program fees include airport pick-up on arrival, housing, tuition, some meals (host-family), excursions and more! Scholarships are available on the ASA website when you apply for the ASA program.

Cristiana
Columbia

Amazing experience abroad

I have participated in many exchanges abroad with many different programs, but never encountered one quite like this one. The in-country support from our program director, Gabi, was amazing from the start. Before arriving in Argentina, she answered any and all of my questions, making me have zero worries about living thousands of miles away from home. I was impressed with the number of trips we took through the program (my favorite being to Iguazu falls!). I felt like through the program we were able to experience many things that may have been overlooked or missed has I traveled alone or without a program.

The best part of Argentina for me was the people. From my host family to strangers on the street, I found the locals to be welcoming and excited to show me the real Argentina. My favorite memory was actually my taxi ride to the airport on my last day in the country. The Taxi driver saw I was sad to leave the place I had called home for 4 months. He ended up driving me on a "city tour" and making sure I saw all the landmarks I might have missed. Before reaching my final destination, the taxi driver ordered me Choripan and Alfajores so my last meal in Argentina could be as authentic as possible. This taxi ride truly captured the Argentine spirit.

Taylor
Washington DC
Northeastern University

A wonderful experience

One sunny Friday afternoon people everyone living at our house prepared a parilla to celebrate the long weekend. We had chorizo, bife, pan, salsa criollo, and ensalada de mango. It was delicious! My roommate and I even went around the neighborhood picking flowers from the street to decorate the table. We sat around the table talking about life, philosophy, and basically whatever popped into our head. It was a great day with delicious food and amazing company! I am grateful to have had this experience in Buenos Aires, I will always remember it.

I would have liked to go to Mar de Plata during the warmer months instead of in the winter since it was so cold and we couldn't enjoy the beach. Also, it would have been nice to have our meals included during our trips (Mendoza and Mar de Plata).

Sarah
Newark, DE

Semester in Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires is such an amazing city, and this program gives you lots of different opportunities to explore the city. The program director Gaby is so nice and helpful and is always full of suggestions for cool things to do. She showed us around some of the historical and cultural sights that make Buenos Aires so unique, and the excursions outside the city were awesome. My favorite was Iguazu Falls, which has amazing scenery, zip lining in the jungle, and a boat ride in the Falls. The courses at Belgrano aren't too hard and are actually really interesting, and the school is located in a beautiful and safe part of the city. Plus, you can't beat Argentine steak, wine, and gelato! I miss that city every day, and still keep in touch with the friends I made there!

Daniel
Newark, DE

Great time!

Buenos Aires is a dope city, and the ASA program gives you lots of opportunity to experience all that the city, and much of what the country has to offer. The on-site director is amazing, the courses are not that difficult, and the fun is never-ending. I definitely recommend this trip! The Iguazu Falls excursion is unbelievable. To see such natural majesty was a spiritual experience. That excursion also included opportunities for outdoor adventures in the jungle, like rappelling down a water fall, and an extra day which I used to see the Brazilian side of the falls. The Brazilian side was a new experience and gave a clearer idea of just how big the falls are.

Any study abroad program can get you to a country and find you a place to live. It takes a certain kind of study abroad program, however, to provide you with all the tools necessary to ensure that your experience is both memorable and fulfilling.