If you’re ready for an urban adventure, Buenos Aires is your city. With endless city districts and neighborhoods to explore, you will get lost in the sights and sounds of Buenos Aires.
On our Buenos Aires study abroad programs, you’ll spend your days practicing Spanish, studying topics in a local and global context, and taking learning outside of the classroom with our excursions. And when classes are over, take the time to enjoy some of the Argentine national passions: tango the night away as you learn the country’s popular dance, attend one of the many soccer games, and browse the local art scene. All this and more awaits you as a study abroad student in Buenos Aires.
- Explore the many multicultural aspects of Buenos Aires through extracurricular courses and activities, as well as field trips to exciting destinations in Argentina
- Whether you're a beginner Spanish-speaker, ready to fully immerse yourself in the language, or somewhere in between there is a program with the right language requirement for you in Argentina.
- To help you feel at home and safe in Argentina, we offer well-located, comfortable housing for all students because we know securing housing independently can be challenging.
- From health insurance included in your program fees, to a worldwide crisis management team, we work 24/7 to keep you safe, healthy, and happy abroad.
- You’ll have an individual IES Abroad Program Advisor to guide you before your study abroad adventure. From visa requirements to travel details, they are your #1 resource for preparing to study abroad.
IES Abroad Scholarships and Financial Aid
As far as we're concerned, financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why we offer more than $5 million in scholarships and aid.
Designed for students with advanced Spanish language proficiency, our program allows you to build your language skills and cultural literacy as you immerse yourself in the culture of Argentina. In addition to language study at the IES Abroad Center, you will choose from a variety of Spanish-taught IES Abroad courses focusing on areas such as Literature, Latin American Studies, Political Science, the Arts, and International Economics. You'll also take a course at one of our partner universities.
Open to students of all language levels, the Latin American Societies & Cultures Program allows you to improve your Spanish language skills while taking courses in Business, Humanities, and Social Sciences, all of which feature an academic emphasis on Latin America. Buenos Aires will be your classroom. During your term, you'll enjoy more than 30 cultural events and trips with IES Abroad!
Designed primarily for students with a beginning or intermediate level of Spanish proficiency, you'll take classes in English that explore contemporary Latin American society from a social science or business perspective. The program also offers a Direct Enrollment option with the Universidad de Buenos Aires Facultad de Agronomía. These English-taught courses are not limited to the science of agronomy; some focus on economics, finance, ecology, and management, all with a focus on agronomy.
Spend a semester in Buenos Aires and Santiago on a multi-location program that focuses on the globalization and economic growth of these distinct cultures. This 12-week program begins in Buenos Aires, where you’ll live and learn for the first half of the program. After a week-long, course-related excursion to Peru, an economic powerhouse in South America, you’ll conclude the program in Santiago.