• Argentina
    • Buenos Aires
Term
Fall, Spring
Accounting Communications Cultural Studies Economics Film Geography History Journalism Latin American Studies Law Linguistics Literature Political Science Psychology Public Policy Service Learning Social Sciences Social Work Sociology +9

Program Details

Airfare Meals
Jan 20, 2021
May 24, 2022
1 traveler is looking at this program

Mente Argentina Study Abroad Programs in Argentina allow high school, university and college students from all over the world to come and study in Argentina for a semester or academic year and obtain academic credits for their home university. We work with some of the most important and recognized universities in Argentina and Latin America. All of our programs can be tailored to the needs and interests of each individual.

With our short programs participants will have the opportunity to study and develop new skills in Buenos Aires while being immersed in Argentina’s fascinating and exciting culture. The courses take place at the finest schools with the best professionals in Argentina and are delivered in a fun and interesting way. Mente Argentina works together with some of the most prestigious and well-known schools, instructors and professionals here in Argentina guaranteeing you an exceptional experience abroad.

• 9-10 rating 93.75%
  • 5-6 rating 6.25%
Alexander

Mente Argentina - Internship Program

Mente was an awesome and professional program to work with throughout the entire process. After initially planning the dates for the trip, the pandemic arrived, causing my trip to be delayed for nearly two years. The Mente team had me ready to travel to Buenos Aires in just weeks after the borders reopened for travel. Their relationship with local non-profits, businesses, language schools, and host families makes this experience so unique and fulfilling. Studying with Mente felt like having a web of support during my internship. I am hoping to return for their graduate programs in the next few years!

Pros
  • Instant support upon arrival - transportation to homestay, public transportation card, phone chip
  • Great group activities - food, theater, music, museums
  • Work within your field - I met students doing internships in a variety of fields with Mente
Cons
  • Internships are unpaid - international visas are tricky
Abbey

Amazing Cooking & Wine Programs with Mente Argentina

Had a fantastic experience in Buenos Aires with Mente Argentina! The team is very professional and takes care of everything for you: from picking you up at the airport, providing transport & sim cards, exchanging money, making sure the apartment has everything you need, etc. I can't say enough good things about everyone at Mente!

I participated in the cooking and wine programs and loved every second of it. You are enrolled in a professional cooking school with Argentine students, so it's a great way to immerse yourself in the culture! I took a variety of cooking classes, such as pastry & bread making and Argentine classic dishes (like milanesa and empanadas). The wine program is at another prestigious school, and you will learn about wine making, tasting & pairing, varieties of grapes, etc.

I had the best month of my life cooking and drinking wine every day in Buenos Aires. If you're looking for an immersive experience abroad, I highly recommend checking out Mente Argentina!

Pros
  • Wonderful staff who take care of all your needs
  • Learn lots of new kitchen techniques & recipes
  • Get to explore the beautiful city of Buenos Aires
Indie

Had an awesome time!

This program created an easy transition to travel to a new country on my first time traveling abroad, and they provided everything I needed to have the most amazing experience living and studying in Buenos Aires for 3 months! They provided accommodations, weekly activities with other international travelers, cooking classes at a professional level, Spanish classes, and guidance in navigating through Argententian life and the city of Buenos Aires. I would highly recommend this program to anyone looking for a great experience in Buenos Aires.

Pros
  • A bunch of fun daily activities.
  • I took cooking classes with experienced chefs and learned so much.
  • A great way to make new friends!
Cons
  • Not much!
  • Prepare for hot weather and rainstorms!
  • Busy city if you're not into crowded places.
Julia

Expectations exceeded

My experience with Mente Argentina could not have been any better. I did the internship program and was able to combine that with some Spanish lessons as well. I had the chance to be flexible and switch between Spanish courses according to what would fit best. Furthermore I was assisted throughout the whole program. I received valuable information regarding public transport and other and was assigned to a lovely shared apartment in a great location. The staff was very supportive and always at your disposal. To top it all off Mente organized lovely trips where I was able to get to know the city better and meet other international people. I recommend the program without reservation!

Pros
  • 24/7 assistance
  • Flexibility to build your best program
  • Supportive staff that organizes activities
Cons
  • Some difficulty to get money from Western Union
Susan

Don't Worry!

chose Mente after a lot of internet research, but really, one feels very nervous when they are spending a good chunk of money and then just hoping beyond hope that you have chosen the best overseas study program. What a relief it was to be hosted in Buenos Aires by the professional, fun and kind staff at Mente. They know what they are doing and they took care of everything I needed. My apartment was awesome and in a great (and safe!) part of town only a few blocks from the Mente head office. I stopped in for one thing or another and even though the advisors would be busy working, they always had time to help me and really make me feel at home. It gave me great comfort to learn that I could rely on them. From getting me a toaster to a toilet plunger, a blender and helping me book my weekend excursions and even helping me with my Spanish homework – the staff at Mente are tireless. The anxiety I had about being in a big city with beginner Spanish skills melted away the first couple of days when I knew I would be able to count on my new friends at Mente. The outings they plan for the group are so fun (and included in your fee!!), the University Spanish course I took was in a nice school and I was pleased with the whole experience. (I just received my official transcript from the University of BA) and the teachers and staff were just simply nice, accommodating, helpful and lovely. For one month I experienced the best of Argentina and because everything went off without a hitch, it will remain one of the best experiences of my entire lifetime.
Susan Chalmers
Social Studies/Spanish Teacher, Canada

Shyama

Amazing program!!

I participated in their intensive Spanish and tango programs on a 3 week visit to Buenos Aires. Mente made the experience phenomenal! From the time that I signed up for the program to when I left Buenos Aires, I had all the support I could need from maps, sim card, help with navigating Buenos Aires and more. I was very happy with my host family that they matched, and the Spanish and Tango courses that they organized.
They also organized many group activities ranging from museum visits, picnics, day trips outside of BA, concerts, football games and great lunches which helped me meet not only other travelers but also locals. I had an amazing experience with my host family, learned a lot of Spanish, got to try many cultural Argentinian activities and explore Buenos Aires all in 3 weeks. Highly recommend Mente Argentina for solo travelers and those seeking a full immersion program and want to experience all that Buenos Aires has to offer!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I underestimated how cold it would be in Buenos Aires in August, bring a heavy winter coat and warm sweaters if you are travelling in the winter months!
Jason

Great Program

My time with Mente was an all-around great experience. Not only did Mente help coordinate an amazing homestay and Spanish immersion program, but they also organized constant group activities so participants could get to know each other while exploring some of the best spots in Buenos Aires.

They took care of all the little things like providing me with a local SIM and SUBTE card, and Mente even let me store some bags in their office while I went backpacking throughout other parts of South America.

I learned a ton of Spanish, felt comfortable throughout my entire stay, and met interesting people from all around the world. Highly recommend to anyone considering an immersion program.

Sophia

Mente 4-week Wine Program

I did a 4-week Wine Program with Mente Argentina in July 2019 which I would highly recommend. The wine school was excellent and I learnt so much in a very short space of time. The program schedule fit me perfectly – I had plenty of free time to explore the city during the day and the fact that you are able to choose the duration of the program yourself to fit your needs/requirements was one of the main reasons I chose Mente.

I was very pleased with the level of communication I received from the Program Advisors, both prior to my trip and during my time in Buenos Aires. Nothing was too much trouble and they were always available to answer any questions. They regularly arranged meet-ups and events where you got to meet other Mente participants, converse in your native language and experience the local culture. This was a big plus, especially as a solo traveller on a completely foreign continent.

Although Mente’s programs seem to be aimed at students I was very impressed to see people of different ages from all walks of life, all of whom came to Buenos Aires to have their own unique experience.

(I arranged my own accommodation via Airbnb so cannot comment on housing.)

All in all, highly recommended. I definitely got what I came for and would happily return.