• Argentina
    • Buenos Aires
Term
Fall, Spring
Accounting Communications Cultural Studies Economics Film Geography History Journalism Latin American Studies Law Linguistics Literature Political Science Psychology Public Policy Service Learning Social Sciences Social Work Sociology +9

Program Details

Airfare Meals
Jan 20, 2021
Mar 22, 2023
1 traveler is looking at this program

Mente Argentina Study Abroad Programs in Argentina allow high school, university and college students from all over the world to come and study in Argentina for a semester or academic year and obtain academic credits for their home university. We work with some of the most important and recognized universities in Argentina and Latin America. All of our programs can be tailored to the needs and interests of each individual.

With our short programs participants will have the opportunity to study and develop new skills in Buenos Aires while being immersed in Argentina’s fascinating and exciting culture. The courses take place at the finest schools with the best professionals in Argentina and are delivered in a fun and interesting way. Mente Argentina works together with some of the most prestigious and well-known schools, instructors and professionals here in Argentina guaranteeing you an exceptional experience abroad.

• 5 rating 93.33%
  • 4 rating 3.33%
  • 3 rating 3.33%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Frederik

6 weeks filled with new friends and memories for a lifetime

At the end of 2022, I spent six weeks with Mente in Buenos Aires, Argentina, attending a Spanish language school. It was, in many ways, an absolutely fantastic experience with friends and memories to last a lifetime. Mente arranged accommodation, school, sim card, subway card, etc., which made it super easy to arrive without stress but with a feeling of being in good hands. Mente was good at organizing weekly events, so no one felt lonely. I met many super exciting people through school and Mente, all with their backgrounds and inspiring stories to tell. I can recommend anyone considering spending a period with Mente to do so

Pros
  • You can do it alone and youll meet many people
  • Mente vill setup all you need to succeed
  • You have the flixibility to extend if you like to place and the program
Cons
  • It costs more than if you arrange it by yourself
Darrion

Mente Argentina

If you're considering studying abroad in Argentina, I would recommend looking into Mente Argentina. My experience with them was very positive. From start to finish, their team was incredibly helpful and made the process seamless. They provided me with assistance in choosing the best program for my interests and needs, and they were always available to answer any questions I had.

The program itself was great. The classes were engaging, the professors were knowledgeable and passionate, and the activities were a great way to immerse myself in Argentine culture. Mente Argentina also provided me with a wonderful homestay experience, which allowed me to practice my Spanish and learn more about daily life in Buenos Aires.

What really impressed me was how affordable the program was. I was able to have an incredible study abroad experience without breaking the bank. I also wanted to share how impressed I was with Mente Argentina's ongoing support even years after my experience. Recently, I needed a copy of my transcript and they were able to help me retrieve it without any issues.

Overall, I highly recommend Mente Argentina to anyone considering studying abroad in Argentina. Their team truly goes above and beyond to provide students with an unforgettable experience.

Alex

A Comprehensive and Supportive Study Abroad Experience

I just wanted to share my amazing experience studying abroad in Argentina with Mente Argentina! I can't recommend them enough if you're thinking about studying abroad.

One of the things I loved about Mente Argentina was how personalized my experience was. They really took the time to get to know me and my interests, and tailored my program accordingly.

Mente Argentina also provided me with so much support before, during, and after my program. They found me a great place to live, and even organized cultural immersion activities that helped me get to know the city and its people better. They also helped make sure that my transcripts were appropriately sent to my school, which I've learned is a huge deal when you're paying for credits.

While my I was there, I traveled around Argentina with some of my new-found friends and visited Iguazu falls, which I highly recommend!

Overall, my time with Mente Argentina was unforgettable. I met incredible people, improved my language skills, and gained a deeper understanding of Argentina's history and culture. If you're thinking about studying abroad, definitely consider Mente Argentina - they won't disappoint!

Gil

Perfect experience

Hey😊
My name is Gil. I'm 23 years old and i'm from israel. On january 2023 i had participated in the Mente Argentina program in Buenos Aires. During the program, I combined spanish classes, bartender and barista courses and a very significint volunteering experience in a house for children from challenging backgrounds.

It can be hard to choose to participate in an international program in a foregner country. I wasn't sure what to look for before my arrival but the whole experince was just perfect!! Way beyond my expectations:

1. Vivid social life - the social athmosphere in the program was amazing - it was a great opportunity to meet many people from all over the world. I never felt alone while being in the program.

2. Top notch organization - the staff, Sam and Milli were very professional and super-nice . I felt secure to approach them with any question ( the courses, main attractions in BA, transportation, spanish, etc...)

3. Large variaty of activities - I was amazed by the quantity of different activities being provided by the program (tango classes, volunteer activities, spanish classes, bartender, barista, photography courses...)

4. Reasonable prices - I didn't feel for one second that my money is going to waste. To be honest, I feel I got much more than i paid for (constant free activites, professional courses, well located hostel, opportunity to do an importent volunteer activity, gym membership...)

5. Buenos Aires - if all of that isnt enough, the program is being held in the astonishing athmosphere of BA - the city which never stops . Great resturants, bars, night clubs and a unique culture.

If someone is still not convinced i will be more then happy to give more details on my perfect experince with Mente😇

Viki

Best time with Mente! :)

I did the Internship Programm with Mente for 4 1/2 months. I was only supposed to stay for 3, but liked it so much that I ended up extending :) In the beginning, I had one week of Spanish classes and then started the internship. Before I came to Argentina we had already been in contact and chose the organization where I had my internship together. It was a great experience, I met many new people and really got to practice my Spanish! :) I would highly recommend doing it.
From the beginning, everyone at Mente was super supportive and with any question about anything they were always happy to help. The personal relationship you have with the coordinators right from the beginning and you get to build on really makes this program one of a kind!
They placed me in a shared apartment in Palermo and so I got to meet people and find friends right from the beginning. Every week there was an event where I got to meet even more people and make even more friends - from visits to museums to lunches, tango shows and even a day trip to Colonia, they were always really awesome and a lot of fun! :)
Mente really made my experience in Buenos Aires amazing and helped me settle in very quickly. Through one of my roommates I even met my girlfriend! :D
All in all I am really glad I chose to come to Buenos Aires with Mente :)

Pros
  • Fun weekly events
  • Meeting lots of people and making friends from the beginning
  • Personal relationship to the coordinators and 100% support
Cons
  • the pans in the apartment were a little old
  • no airconditioning in the group area of the apartment
Aidan
No, I don't recommend this program

Immersive and culturally enhancing experience

I recently had the pleasure of participating in the Mente Argentina program in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I cannot recommend it enough for anyone interested in creating their own adventure in this vibrant and dynamic city and country.

From the moment I arrived, the Mente team went above and beyond to ensure that my experience was exceptional. The program offers a wide range of accommodations, from homestays to apartments, all conveniently located in some of the most popular neighborhoods in Buenos Aires. The accommodations were comfortable, safe, and provided a great opportunity to immerse myself in the local culture.

One of the highlights of the program was the weekly social outings organized by Mente. These outings allowed me to explore different areas of Buenos Aires, learn about the city's history and culture, and connect with other program participants from across the world. It was truly an unforgettable experience, and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to participate.

Throughout my time in Buenos Aires, the Mente team was always available to answer questions, offer guidance, and ensure that each program participant's needs were met. Whether it was arranging activities, providing information on local events and attractions, or just checking in to see how I was doing, the team was always friendly, professional, and incredibly helpful.

In summary, if you are interested in creating your own adventure in Buenos Aires, I cannot recommend Mente enough. From the excellent accommodations to the social outings and exceptional support from the program team, it truly exceeded my expectations. Thank you, Mente Argentina, for an amazing experience! 😁🥰

Eli

Great Experienxe

I stayed with mente for 5 weeks and loved it. They do a great job helping you get incorporated into the city and are super responsive to whatever issues you may have. I definitely recommend it as a way to feel more confident traveling to new place. While here, I attended a Spanish school and found that there was an advanced group perfect for my level, so I suggest it to people even if you feel like you may already have solid Spanish. I took part in pretty much every weekly activity and had a great time doing so

Laura

100% recommend Mente Argentina!!

I stayed in Buenos Aires for a month with Mente to do the Spanish language and tango programs. I learned a lot in both programs, but what I especially appreciated was how organized Mente was. Everything ran so seamlessly with them. The price you pay includes a lot more than just the program you’re in - the ride to and from the airport was included, a weekly meal/activity with Mente, biking and walking tours, tango shows, and a lot of other little things that weren’t even mentioned when I initially booked, which definitely made it even more worth the money that I had originally expected.
When I first arrived, I was met at the apartment right away and they helped me with everything I needed, which made transitioning into life in Buenos Aires so much easier than if I had been on my own. It was so nice to have the Mente community to fall back on as I was getting to know the city, making friends, and learning the language. They’re super responsive and happy to help you with anything you need - I definitely recommend them!

Pros
  • Great social life
  • Apartment and school were in a great location
Cons
  • The school was kind of far from the apartment.