Mente Argentina Internship Programs in Buenos Aires

Mente Argentina Internship Programs in Buenos Aires

Mente Argentina offers customized internship programs which allow international students and professionals to work in Buenos Aires in their field of interest or in an area related to their studies.

Based on the field and the type of position you are most interested in, our team will work with our extensive business network and search our internship database to find the position that best suits your expectations and needs.

The internship will provide you with valuable work experience and help prepare you for your future career. You will also have the unique opportunity to experience the local culture and business world of Buenos Aires, Argentina. This type of internship provides a student with a broader perspective on their field of interest as participants can expect to gain an understanding of business and operational practices on an international level.

South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
Design
Education
1 Year+
Weekly Hours

No, they are not paid internships. Or at least that was the case when I attended the program. I hope that helps!

Madeleine
Buckinghamshire

Mente Argentina Review

I personally had a really positive experience with Mente during my five months in Argentina. I originally arrived in Buenos Aires with the intention of doing an internship in an international holiday rental company. I did this for a month before deciding that it wasn't quite right; I had come to Argentina with the primary purpose of learning Spanish and the company mainly functioned in English. When I told this to Mente, the staff were exceedingly helpful in ensuring that I eventually found the perfect internship for me. Even though my home university in England was extremely strict in terms of what I could and could not do in Argentina, the staff at Mente were not fazed at all and continued to help me until all university documents had been signed and approved. I was very appreciative of all the support I received at this stressful time.
I ended up working in a public hospital and had an incredible time. Spanish was the only language spoken there and therefore I not only improved my language skills but also gained some very valuable work experience as well. Since learning Spanish was my main reason for coming to Argentina in the first place, I was really happy with Mente for helping me to achieve exactly what I had wanted to do.

Regarding the social side, I was also very satisfied by what Mente offered. I decided to travel to Argentina with a program because I didn't know anyone out there and wanted a little security too. Mente was perfect for this because I immediately felt safe in Buenos Aires; it was really nice having a local explain to you exactly how the city works, how to use the transport system and which areas to avoid. The social activities were well planned and always interesting. By the end of five months I had pretty much done every museum in the city, gone to loads of bars and events like Tango shows. Similarly, because of the way the social side of Mente is set up, I immediately made good friends and felt very much part of their social circle. Looking back now, I've made some very close friends through Mente who I'll continue talking to for many years to come.

I only have two comments regarding the program. Firstly the accommodation could be improved; all the apartments could so with some basic renovations and modernisation. This wasn't too much of a problem for me personally but some people thought it wasn't quite good enough. If you're expecting Western standard accommodation then you will be somewhat disappointed. I think people on the program often forget that living in Argentina isn't going to be identical to living in London or Los Angeles, for example. My only other comment would be that the whole program seemed a little expensive once you consider everything. I think the price could be lowered a little to make the whole experience much more affordable.

Hannah
United Kingdom
Newcastle University

My Mente Argentina Internship Programme experience

I spent a total of 5 months in Buenos Aires in which I undertook two 10-week internships as part of my programme, and the whole experience really was truly fantastic. The apartment provided to me as part of the programme was great - in the perfect location, the perfect size and with everything I could need, shared with 2 others also on the programme with whom I soon became very close friends. MA definitely had a very large variety of potential internships available to you, and they really were so helpful in helping me find the ones which were right for me. There was also usually a weekly social with the other students on the programme, which is great for helping you meet people and settle in- although if you want to meet Argentines, you will have to go that extra mile! However its definitely possible. The programme also regularly keeps you updated with other things to get involved with in the city at the time, which I really appreciated, as well as the included gym membership which was awesome. I found the MA team friendly, attentive and approachable and I really would recommend this company and the city of Buenos Aires in general to anyone!

I think it could only be improved perhaps by there being more regular Mente Argentina activities held for participants, and more variety also, as they were often pretty much the same thing. Perhaps also my initiation right at the beginning could have been a little more in depth, with more information about the city, how to get around, how things work and where the different places are. The city is so huge it can be pretty daunting at first, and most people will, like me, be there for the first time.
But apart from that, it really was awesome!

Sam
San Marcos, Texas
Texas State University

Learn Spanish, get experience, have fun

I believe this program helped me to get the most out of my study abroad experience by being fully immersed in the culture. The staff put me in touch with an internship program that allowed me to get on-the-job training and really helped me to improve my Spanish. The Mente coordinators have been here a while and are super-friendly as well as being knowledgeable enough to help with any kind of problem. With the group excursions, I was able to experience a lot of things that I might not have found on my own, but the program is also set up so that students can do things on their own if they want to. I was living in an apartment with one other girl who was also part of Mente Argentina, and we were able to live independently while still having people there to help us.

Andrew
Harvard University

Sorted out all the logistics, made the trip a blast

Mente did a great job of setting up and bringing us to all sorts of interesting cultural and fun events that we would otherwise have struggled to find. They helped me out a lot when I had legal trouble and without them I would have had quite a problem. The program was also a good way to meet other students with similar backgrounds to mine. Through Mente I felt like I had a genuine experience in Buenos Aires that would've been much more difficult otherwise.

Jenna
Santa Cruz, California
University of California- Santa Cruz

My summer with Mente Argentina in Buenos Aires

I participated in Mente Argenina's intensive Spanish and internship program over the Latin summer of 2014. I was pleasantly surprised at the services Mente provided me with, the attentiveness of my program coordinators and the activities offered throughout my time in Buenos Aires. Upon arrival, I was picked up from the airport and taken directly to my apartment in one of the best neighborhoods in the city.

Throughout my stay, Mente offered several activities from city tours, trips to the camp and river data, theater tickets, monthly happy hours and other group outings that helped me to meet people. On top of the activities included in the program's cost, the staff at Mente was there to assist with any and all additional needs during my stay.

As an avid world traveler and someone who has lived abroad before my time in Buenos Aires, I can assure you that it can be difficult to navigate the complexities of living, working and or studying abroad. It was worth the money to have Mente handle all the details for me and help direct my time here in a more efficient way. I was immediately comfortable in my apartment, had assistance with any problems that arose and was supplied with an array of activities and opportunities to meet people in the city. That said, I would highly recommend Mente Argentina to future participants!

more variety and frequency of activities included in program package.

tasb
University of Minnesota

You have been warned

I would like to start this review by saying that prior to my experience with Mente Argentina I studied and interned abroad in Ecuador. I knew that this experience would be different so I tried not to compare them, but I was left EXTREMELY disappointed and feeling ripped off. If you are reading this and think you will be the exception, think again. The VAST majority of participants that I spoke to in the internship program were disappointed. Years later I still speak about how my experiences in my program in Ecuador helped me grow and change as a person and the work I did at my two internships helped me further my career. All I have left from Mente is a terrible taste in my mouth. The 'supervisor' is a joke. I feel bad for the coordinators that have to work for him because they seem nice for the most part. He ended up COMPLETELY ripping me off and them offering me a discount on further programs as a consolation. After not being satisfied with my initial internship, I asked to be changed. Over a week later (during which I was still paying to be interning, of course) I was set up with a different internship that had nothing to do with what I wanted to accomplish there but I went along with it. I ended up bored out of my mind and switched to taking Spanish classes. At the end of my time there, I was left with no programming even though I paid for the entire 14 weeks because Mente "neglected" to inform me the there is a minimum of 6 weeks before switching. Very, very shady business practice. I met another girl in the internship program who wasn't even contacted about starting her internship until A MONTH after she got there! She was too shy to say anything before then. Another example of Mente taking advantage of their participants. Another med student I met came to do an internship at a hospital. She was placed in the child care center, no where near the medical action she was promised. After many conversations with Mente, they agreed to refund her program cost, BUT she never actually got the money! I could go on and on with examples like this. It was a joke and bonding experience to share these stories amongst fellow Mente participants/sufferers.

The living situations with Mente are REALLY hit and miss. There were apts and homestays that were nice and others that weren't. For example, the first apt I stayed in had a room that flooded every time it rained, yet they knowingly continued to place participants there. I think that shows how much they care. Mente seems to function on how much they can get away with, and in my 14 weeks with them I saw them get away with way too much crap. I felt uncomfortable from the moment I was told that I had to transfer money to a man's personal account in California to confirm my enrollment, but I was so excited to go and wanted to believe the good reviews. They also do not offer a contract for services, another red flag. This is not a program that is on the up and up in their business practices.

Let me repeat, this program is shady and NOT TO BE TRUSTED!! DO NOT think you will be an exception. Your money is far better spent elsewhere.

Based in Buenos Aires, Mente Argentina is an organization founded to provide international education opportunities and top quality personal support for international students through dynamic, individualized immersion programs. We strive to provide innovative programming that allows students to enjoy Argentina in a unique and different