Sol Education Abroad Study Abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina

Sol Education Abroad Study Abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina

Learn Spanish with Sol Education Abroad in the most fascinating country in South America! Argentina is home to landscapes ranging from the wild and remote Patagonia in the south to the lively, legendary city of Buenos Aires to the north. With such varied landscapes and cultural influences, Argentina promises a rich experience for studying abroad.

Buenos Aires is the most beautiful city in all of Latin America due to its vibrant culture and heavy European influence. Wander the bustling streets and grand avenues of the city and then explore the numerous historic neighborhoods. This is the perfect setting to practice Spanish and take your studies outside of the classroom. Sol Education Abroad understands that students want to learn Spanish quickly and efficiently, without being stuck in a classroom all day. If this sounds good to you, then visit our website to learn more about out study abroad program in Buenos Aires, and let's start learning Spanish together!

South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
Winter
Year Round
Spanish
Letters of Recommendation
The program cost includes tuition, housing (3 meals per day), weekend excursions (transportation, hotel, meals, entrance fees), weekday cultural activities, 24/7 director support, international medical insurance, laundry, and airport transfers. Scholarships are available on our website.
Buenos Aires

Emma
Granada Spain
University of Granada

Best experience ever

This program was absolutely life changing, the people, the directors, the professors, my host family, just everything were absolutely incredible. My best tip is to pack light! I overpacked a little bit because I didn't realize that there were things that I could buy here that I didn't need to bring from home to save space. Also, take the time to get to know your host family. They are incredible people with the biggest hearts and the experience is so much more fulfilling when you get to know the people you are sharing a home with all summer.

I think mainly it could be improved for the 10-12 week students. I think one of the only/main things I didn't like was that during the first session we were so so busy and then during the second, we had almost absolutely no activities. I wish they would spread them out a little bit. We two sessioners kind of felt left out during July because we didn't know any of the new people in the program because they don't mix them, and I think that might be something worth looking into.

Anastasia
Granada, Spain
Texas A&M University

Final Program Eval

I still have 5 more days in this amazing city and this experience has already begun to impact my life. I have traveled quite a bit before this summer but studying abroad had been unlike any abroad experience I´ve ever had before.
Not only have I really learned Spanish (not quite to the level I hope to be at one day, but most definiely an incredible start) but I have made incredible friends and various other relationships, I have tried food I have never even seen before and I have spent the past 11 weeks in the most amazing world. I can now officially say I have lived abroad and that is a very unique feeling.

Mackenze
Arlington, VT
Manhattanville College

First Study Abroad Experience

Studying abroad with Sol was one of the best decisions I have ever made. My program director and SOLmates were all great people. Living with a host mom was also an incredible experience. My host mom was not only a good cook but also an intresting person to talk to. She made living in Argentina feel like home. This program is not only one of the most inexpensive but provides better trips than other programs.

Brook
Angleton, Texas
Texas A&M University

Successful Study Abroad with Sol Education Abroad

Studying abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina was an experience that will forever change my life. Not only did I gain invaluable knowledge from the schools, society, and home that I was apart of, but I gained valuable friendships along the way that will last me a lifetime. Studying abroad has opened my eyes to how accessible the world is to us if we truly believe in a cause and a passion to send us to other places around the world. My friendships formed in Argentina will forever be a reminder as to how strong and heartfelt connections can be made around the world and that in every new place you visit, you pick up a new part of yourself that you never would have known without traveling.

It was amazing as is.

Michael
Boston
University of Connecticut

Loved Argentina

Raul is the Director there and he welcomes you in as if you were family. Argentina is his home and he proudly shows you all the best spots. He even invited us into his home for New Years, during which we were able to see fireworks coming out of almost every yard in view! What a great experience. Plus being immersed helps your Spanish improve immensely.

Other things to note:
-My house mom was wonderful and we are still in touch 5 years later.
-The people I studied abroad with opened up my mind to the world and a few of us just reunited in Austin 5 years later!
-Beautiful country, amazing people, just an overall wonderful experience!

I wish I went for longer!

Marla
MA
Worcester State University

Sol abroad Argentina intensive Spanish program

Living in Buenos Aires, Argentina was amazing! Incredible night life, and beautiful diverse parts of the city to explore during the day. I had an awesome host mom, who made the best dinners (gained about 10 pounds, but empanadas are worth it).
My program director, Rual, was not overly helpful. He always posted information last minute with sketchy details. He didn't help people find tutors when struggling in class. Overall disorganized and unhelpful. But Sol education abroad is awesome. Every time I called the office in Texas they took their time to answer me fully and ensure I was all set. The program also had a ton of cultural activities set up for us in Buenos Aires and excursions to great places around the country.

Eric
Kenosha, Wisconsin

Buenos Aires, Argentina: the best city in the world

I had one of the greatest days of food, friends and fun in Buenos Aires while traveling with Sol Education Abroad. It started with a morning stroll to a café and a bus ride to school. After a couple classes a few friends and I made the short 15 minute walk to El Barrio Chino (Chinatown) of the Belgrano neighborhood. We spent hours checking out all the cool shops and finished it out with a nice big plate of fresh Chinese food that is some of the best I have ever had due to the high quality of argentine beef used.
Before returning home that day I had a short afternoon study session at a café. After a small dinner and some down time comes the best part of the day. A group of mixed American/Argentine friends got together to have an amazing steak dinner complete with empanadas, wine and sides to share for amazingly cheap, about $15 American per person. As night falls the city really comes alive.
Around 9-10 at night the restaurants start to fill up and all of the bars and clubs prepare themselves. In Argentina nightlife starts at 11 at the earliest. After the amazing dinner our group spent a couple hours chatting and drinking at a bar before heading to the dance club. In Buenos Aires it is customary for college aged people to stay out until the sun comes up which is exactly what we did.
I have never been so content in my whole life going to sleep the next morning around 7am. Still tasting the fantastic steak and exhausted from a night of dancing and laughing left me perfectly poised to drift off to the most restful sleep possible.

I think having some locals that would volunteer or internship with the program would be awesome. There's nothing like true local knowledge for finding the best restaurants, bars and attractions in general, especially when you're new to the city.

Maddie
Louisville KY
Western Kentucky University

Argentina: The trip you couldn't even imagine!

key points

The academics of this program were most definitely intensive, we covered more in a day than I would have in a month at school back home, the teachers were there to help, as long as you asked in spanish! :)
My program leader had all of us program his number into our phones immediately when we arrived, and could be at any place at any time if a student needed help. If there was a smaller issue a quick text away was a quick and helpful answer.
I LOVED! my homestay! I will admit at first I wanted my own place when I saw it was an option, I have everyone to thank for not letting me do that! My house mother was the nicest woman ive ever met and was there for me and my three roommates at any given time. Yes, that even means getting spoon fed chicken noodle soup on a sick day off school! The house was in a great location and incredibly comfortable. A home away from home.
I am the pickiest eater of them all, so a 5 star sounds impossible but the food blew my tastebuds away! the home meals, the resturants/local food, and yes even the school food. I never once went a day not feeling completely stuffed.
After living in any city for a month you start to feel integrated, I knew my way around subways and buses and the major neighborhoods of the city by the time I was done! No help necessary. The language barrier was the only reason I couldn't quite ever feel too welcomed. Besides that I now feel as I wouldnt mind living there as a local one day and I could talk about the culture for hours, as it is so different from my own.
One day I felt very sick, feverish and just too weak to get to school. Without even having to notify my housemother who spoke no english, she realized I was not well and kept me in bed all day giving me proper medications after asking if I was allergic to anything. We made the good call to wait until the end of the day to head to the doctor and lucky for me whatever I was given helped enough and I was good to go by the next day with no doctor needed, and my program director and parents were already notified of my illness before I even got the chance to do it myself.
I almost never felt unsafe. I had a safe wonderful trip but the only thing to watch out for was pickpocketers, a couple kids on the trip had items taken in common public places without noticing for a while.
They more than prepared me, the only thing they did not do was tell me how to not be so excited! Not a bad thing at all :)

James
Maryland

Great experience for my daughter

My gap year daughter's Spanish markedly improved during her one-month class. She was in a very safe neighborhood, and her host, Teresa, was very gracious. There were lots of fun activities planned for the weekends to keep her occupied. Two days before she was due to come home, Calbuco erupted, and her flight on Delta was cancelled. I had to scramble to find her another flight, but was able to get her a flight on the same day she was supposed to leave on Aerolineas. I had great communication with Raul in Buenos Aires, who verified that the Aerolineas flight was leaving as scheduled, got her to the airport safely, and even helped get her packed-to-the-gills suitcase closed.

Maybe more group dining/eating out activities.

Dan
New Jersey
McDaniel College

Great stuff

I enjoyed my time in Buenos Aires. On arriving, I was met by Raul and escorted to my homestay. Most of the problems arose from things not controlled by Sol, they really did try their best. Would do again.

Christina
Berkeley, California
University of California- Berkeley

Best Experience with the Best Program

I spent an incredible semester studying abroad in Buenos Aires through SOL Education Abroad. My time abroad was certainly the greatest adventure of my life thus far and I know that SOL played a huge role in shaping such a positive, life-changing experience. Not only is SOL the most cost-effective program that offers the most cultural activities, it also provides fantastic personal attention and care that you can't get with any other group. The director Raul is truly one of the greatest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He really cares about all of the students, provides constant support, and ensures that your time in Buenos Aires will be very special. I promise that you will love your time in Argentina with SOL- I could not recommend this program more whole heartedly! Truly the best experience of my life thus far.

Honestly no complaints! Loved it!

Roberta
Georgetown, MA
Worcester State University

Visited my daughter in Argentina

While my daughter was studying in B.A. I had the opportunity to visit her there and had a wonderful time. I was able to meet her adviser, Raul, and host Mom, as well as some of her classmates / friends. It was wonderful for me to see her using her Spanish language first hand. She was not only my interpreter, but my financial adviser for this trip as I have no Spanish training or knowledge of Paso use. I would recommend it for other parents as this will give you something in common to remember as they grow and move on in life, that experience / connection you will have is priceless.
I also had good communication with SOL itself as any time I called the main office I was welcomed to talk / ask questions without feeling rushed.
All of the staff were wonderful to deal with and compassionate (to me) for having a student leave home for this type of adventure (for the first time)......
Thanks for understanding it from a parents point of view.

Field trips as scheduled.......
Upon arrival to Argentina (according to our calendar of events) my daughter was supposed to go on excursions / field trips, this did not happen for several weeks. My daughter told me it was because they were waiting for other students to arrive and they would do the trip all together, therefore there were not as many trips as we thought there would be.

Emily
Baton Rouge, LA
Louisiana State University- Baton Rouge

Apprehensive at first, astounded by end!

I randomly stumbled upon Sol online, as my University does not promote this particular program. I am so blessed that I did because overall I was extremely impressed. I would highly recommend the Sol Education Abroad program to anyone. The communication between the program administration and myself before, during, and after the program was very useful as I felt very prepared and comfortable. The activities the program planned helped me to immerse myself into the culture very well and learn all kinds of things. I do wish though when we were within our group that we were forced to speak Spanish to each other more. A lot more english was conversed than I expected, but overall I was satisfied with my learning of Spanish. I had the time of my life and grew so much as a person. I made lifelong friends that I will cherish dearly! Please give Sol a shot as you get so much for your money! :)

I wish they would have forced us to only speak in Spanish. Within our group we spoke more English than I expected.

iv
San Diego, CA

Argentina is an incredible country, Sol Abroad is not the company to experience it through.

Argentina is an amazing country. The excursions were incredible. Unfortunately, the trip was poorly organized which added additional stress and drama to nearly every event. We also had to argue with the company as they attempted to cancel our excursions. The other group traveling at the same time did have more than one cancelled.

This company sells itself well, but be wary of what you are actually getting. If you choose Sol Abroad be prepared to be involved in the planning of each activity to keep things going and maintain student safety.

Bottom Line: Argentina is an incredible country, but this is not the company to travel with.

Response from Sol Education Abroad

This student did our program back in 2009 when we had a different director. Our program has improved a lot since then. For example, this director continued to get reviews of being disorganized. At the end of summer 2010 we hired our current director, Raul de la Mano, and have gotten very positive feedback ever since. Please contact us for references. The student was also upset because we would not reimburse her for an unplanned excursion (non-Sol) to Córdoba that some of the students did once the program began. She did an academic year with us and I think the review was written after her first semester because after her second semester she wrote us "Please let me know if there is ever anything else I can do for you guys. I love to rave about my SOL experience whenever I can."

Sol Education Abroad (SOL) provides affordable study abroad opportunities in Costa Rica, Argentina, Spain, and Mexico. Sol Education Abroad prides itself in providing hands-on service to ensure an enriching experience abroad. It’s this unique approach that makes SOL both a leader and innovator in university