CISabroad - Semester on the Gold Coast, Australia

CISabroad - Semester on the Gold Coast, Australia

We always have promotions running to save you money. Visit our website for more information.

CISabroad and Bond University welcome you to embark on the journey of a lifetime as you soak up the sun on the Gold Coast! Known for its breathtaking landscapes and pleasant climate, you will have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of outdoor activities. With close proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the tropical rainforests, and the dramatic inland mountains, you will have the chance to travel and experience all that Australia has to offer and more!

In fact, immerse yourself immediately upon your arrival with the CISabroad Culture and Adventure Orientation Program. Bond University is one Australia’s most acclaimed universities, where you will benefit from small class sizes and state-of-the art use of technological resources as you study Down Under!

Oceania » Australia » Gold Coast

Gib
South Carolina
The Citadel

Incredible 4 months

My semester at Bond University was an awesome 4 months. I was able to meet heaps of awesome people, see unbelievable sights, and hang out with loads of cool animals. The experience really opened my eyes to how big and awesome the world is. The professors at Bond are very experienced in their respective fields and offer practical insights into subjects. Bond University offers tons of opportunities to get involved. Join as many clubs and teams as you can as this will be your best opportunity to meet people and really get immersed in the Aussie culture.

Bridget
Boston
University of Massachusetts- Amherst

Studying Abroad Changed My Life!

I always knew I wanted to study abroad, even before college. I was torn between Australia and Italy and in the end, I decided that traveling to Europe seemed easier to do after college than traveling to Australia so I took the opportunity and chose Australia. It was hard to decide between all of the different programs, but Bond offered a schedule that fit my timeline much better than the others (Bond "spring" semester is January through April and other unis were February through June/July). CIS provided an amazing orientation experience and gave the perfect opportunities to make friends. I loved going abroad through a program instead of doing an exchange because I knew I'd be able to meet people in a similar situation of knowing nobody while in a program. I absolutely LOVE Jackie Chapman (Gold Coast site director) and she made everything so easy and smooth. Go on every excursion they plan!! They're all things you would've planned to do anyways! Studying abroad with CIS was the best thing I've ever done and I miss it everyday. I made the most amazing friends while abroad and I wouldn't have wanted to do anything differently.

The only negative I have is that I wish the management at Varsity Shores were prepared and ready for us when we arrived. It's almost like they didn't know we were coming. I still definitely enjoyed living off-campus instead of on-campus because I felt like I had more freedom and the villas were decent.

Kayla
Maine
University of Maine- Orono (main campus)

The experience of a life time

CISabroad and Bond University have given me the most amazing experience I will never forget. When people tell you it's the best four months of your life, they aren't kidding. I was able to make life long friendships and travel the world, while also getting college credits. The excursions provided by CIS were awesome, and the site director's made everyone's semester that much better. We all became close with each other, as well as our site director's. The Gold Coast is such a great place with so much going on, I was never bored. Bond Uni is also amazing. The most beautiful campus! Bond is 50% international students, making it easy to meet people from all over the world. I would relive my abroad experience in a heart beat.

More details on housing selections/options would be helpful.

Alex
Amherst
University of Massachusetts- Amherst

A semester in paradise

Education: The classes I took at Bond University were overall small in size, and taught by great instructors. If at any point I felt like I was falling behind, I could easily ask for help and it was given. Also, from my experience the professors were all very accommodating of traveling contingent upon you expressing that you will make up the work you missed!

Housing: Some of the best dorm style housing I have ever seen. I lived in the "accommodation center", in a double dorm (with one roommate and a full sized bathroom in the dorm). On a weekly basis the dorms have housekeeping that comes in to clean your room (wash the sheets, make the bed, clean the bathroom, etc.) One of the other great perks is that all the bedding and toiletries were already provided and restocked by the housekeeping, which made it super easy as a study abroad student already on a budget!

Food: The dining hall features a menu that only changes slightly throughout the semester, and it is done on a pay per item basis (rather than a buffet style like those featured in schools within the US). This was one of the only challenges, as you have to budget pretty efficiently through balancing eating out and cooking meals in order to not run out of money by the end of the semester. However, there are several great restaurants in the downtown area that feature affordably priced food options and there are kitchens on every floor of the dorms.

Safety: The safety in the both the school as well as Gold Coast as a city was great. I did not at any point feel unsafe, even when I would travel on the public transportation alone at night.

Overview: I would 100% study abroad through this program again. CIS does a great job of integrating you into Australian culture from the minute you step off the plane. The excursions that we were taken on through the program added immensely into the overall experience, and the on site support for any questions or concerns was extremely prompt and helpful!

Kenzie
Seward, Nebraska
Concordia University- Nebraska

Bond Uni: The best 4 Months of My Life

My experience in Australia was completely life changing. It pushed me to my limits, testing my worldview and opening my eyes to new adventures. Every moment and memory impacted the way I see myself and the world around me. CISabroad was definitely the right program for me. I met some of the greatest mates from all around the world that I’ll hold in my heart forever. The support I received from Seth before the semester began and the genuine care I felt from Jackie & Keith onsite really helped me feel at home abroad. We also had a wicked cool orientation in Sydney & went on several awesome excursions that allowed me to see more of Australia than I would have on my own! It’s hard to put into words how much this experience actually impacted me, but I get a smile across my face every time I look back on a memory made through CISabroad.

I would want a more specific packing list, perhaps created by students who attended the program previously.

Hannah
Boston, Massachusetts
Suffolk University

Take the chance & STUDY ABROAD!

Monday-Thursday I had class. Mondays and Tuesdays were my busiest days but it wasn't so bad. The campus at Bond University was breathtaking. I technically studied abroad in paradise. When I wasn't traveling or studying, I would go to the pool on campus or take the bus to the mall, beaches, and clubs. Surfers Paradise and Broad Beach were two of the main hot spots. I thought school work was pretty much the most difficult because I hadn't had too many assignments but the ones I did required a lot of work and the grading process was very different. Class was not so bad to go to though because the material was interesting to learn about. Traveling was definitely the best part of my experience. I went to Sydney, Melbourne, the Great Barrier Reef, and the Outback.

Prices were extremely high compared to America. The food majority wasn't as abundant as it is at home. I wish they graded differently too at Bond University.

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience. Experiences are innovative and focused on cultural immersion.

All of the