CIS Abroad - Semester on the Gold Coast - Bond University

Semester on the Gold Coast - Bond University
Semester on the Gold Coast - Bond University
Study Abroad at Bond University with CISabroad
Study Abroad at Bond University with CISabroad

As you might gather from the name, the Gold Coast is truly spectacular. Spend a semester soaking it in as you study abroad at Bond University in Queensland, Australia. This highly ranked and modern university delivers small class sizes, innovative courses, and cutting-edge sporting facilities (Australian Olympic swimmers train at Bond’s pool!). The Gold Coast is famous for its gleaming beaches, epic surfing, electric nightlife, and Aussie charm. Studying abroad on the Gold Coast is as good as it sounds!

• Small student body of 4,000 students = personalized attention
  • Extensive sports facilities on campus, free for students to use
  • On- and off-campus living options with possible meal plan
  • Week-long Bond University orientation where you meet locals and sign up for campus clubs
  • Convenient semesters in September, January, and May, similar to the U.S. academic calendar

CISabroad Scholarships
CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.

$250 - $500

Jesse

Best 4 Months of My Life

I was not up for leaving the country at all, I'm not sure what made me go finally but I am so glad I did! Bond University has a beautiful campus and very well qualified professors. I took a similar class that I had taken back in the US but learned 10x more! There are many cool places to go in the area like Burleigh Heads, Surfers Paradise, and Miami (their version of our beloved Floridian city). Go a little farther to Byron Bay, Brisbane, and Sydney! I went to all the above places and had so much fun at each. The food, culture, and people were all better than here in the US. My Study Abroad group was involved in lots of the places I went such as snorkeling the great barrier reef, going to a rainforest in Cairns, and going surfing in Byron bay.

I wish my program took us to more places as a group.
Jamie

A New Second Home!

Having the opportunity to live in Australia for 4 amazing months is thanks to CISabroad. Every day I felt excited to see and experience something new. The CISabroad team helped me through the application process, and continued to be there even once I got back. The onsite staff felt like a family. They helped through ups and downs, and made sure we were always safe and happy. My favorite parts were the excursions that were provided by the program, but also the separate excursions I took on my own. They were a great way to get to know the other students in the program, as well as assimilate ourselves into the culture. It wasn't long before I started to feel like a true Aussie! Bond University is an amazing school. There is a lot of diversity, helpful faculty, and amazing facilities. I met so many people along the way; both on campus and off. The memories I made in Australia will stick with me forever! I can't wait to go back and reunite with friends! Thanks to CISabroad for the best experience of my life.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I did this over again, I would change the classes I took. I would take easier classes so that I had more time on the weekends to go out to other farther places in Australia.
Sean

Go for it!

Bond University has such a welcoming and beautiful feeling to its campus and the members of their community. I made dozens of healthy relationships with people from all over the world who came together at Bond Uni and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Looking back now, jumping into their community and this journey with an open mind and positive attitude shed a new light into my life. I went through such a positive and enjoyable adventure while learning in and outside of the classroom, but most importantly about myself. One of the biggest takeaways for me is that I truly fell in love with learning. It may have been the beautiful Australians or the perfect weather, or a combination of those two and more, but picking up new hobbies or learning more about other cultures and groups is such a privilege. I pick up every local magazine I can find now, and try to chat with someone new each day. All for the love of learning! Now, a month and a half after returning to New Hampshire I can only smile as I just went through this amazing learning experience where I met hundreds of beautiful and genuine people along the way. I am incredibly thankful for everyone involved with this trip and the people are the ones who truly make the difference!

Shealah

The best place to be!!

Having the opportunity to study at Bond was amazing. Not only was it super fun but the staff, students and style of learning was great. It was cool being able to see how they do things a little differently. I made a ton of awesome friends and made so many memories to last a lifetime.

Having orientation closer to the school location
Erin

Gold Coast 2018

Studying abroad was one of the best decisions I had ever made. Going abroad helped me to realize how much was truly out there in the world to see, everywhere I went had something unique and different to see, I was always having a new experience. I also traveled and went abroad on my own, this helped me to become a more independent person. I was able to branch out and I didn't hold back on new things. I also got to meet incredible people over the 4 month span and couldn't be more thankful for that. The staff from CIS was also incredible, my program coordinator in Australia was so helpful and very personable.

Regan

Best 4 months of my life!

I came in with a very open mind and little expectations. The size of my program enabled me to meet my other group members and build relationships with them day one. Our on site coordinator was great, although we didn’t see her very much she periodically checked in and was accessible to us with no problems. Bond is by far the nicest university I’ve attended. Not only do they provide some of the best education, but the professors actually genuinely care about your education! They have some of the nicest facilities a university could ever have, they offer heaps of activities for students, and they make sure to include everyone. The location of Bond was really great too- easy to use public transportation and close enough to nightlife. Only thing I wish had been different is getting to know more locals, because I spent most of my time with Americans or other international students. I was lucky enough to have one Aussie roommate and she was amazing. She will forever be one of my closest and truest friends. If you like the nightlife scene and like the beach- this is the route for you! I couldn’t have imagined this trip going any better for me. I even booked a trip back already!

Integrating international students with the locals.
Rob

Abroad at Bond

During my time I met many people and experienced a whole new way of life. One that I will hold with me and cherish but also learn from it as I bring it back home. I also learned that going abroad most of all is expensive,but you cannot put a value on an experience like this. If you are on the edge but don't know how you can make it, think about if you'll ever be able to have this experience again and don't be afraid to take new leaps and journeys. It pays itself off in the end. After all I not only went,I experienced this journey with my girlfriend who I then proposed to while there. So take that leap and take advantage of every second of the ride.

Hannah

Best 4 Months of My Life!

I can honestly say that the four months I spent in Austraila were the best ones of my life yet. The whole experience was just so unreal. The environment was amazing and something like I've never seen with all the wildlife and scenic places. The people were so welcoming, kind and laidback, always giving us tips on how to enjoy our time here in the best way. And the activities offered were endless and always an amazing memory. My academic experience was also one for the books with the amazing professors and courses offered to further my education while having the adventure of my life. It became my favorite country and if I don't end up moving back for good, I will definitely make it an annual holiday.