TEAN: Study Abroad in Perth, Australia

Education Abroad Network at the University of Notre Dame, Perth
Education Abroad Network at the University of Notre Dame, Perth

TEAN is proud to offer three university partners in Perth, Australia: University of Notre Dame, University of Western Australia and Murdoch University. Experience the western side of Australia in this vibrant, cosmopolitan city with close proximity to Fremantle and exciting excursions, including dolphin swimming in Monkey Mia, tasting your way through the Margaret River wine region, and discover the country's iconic outback. Students typically live near the campus with other international students and are given ample opportunities to explore the rest of Western Australia.

Included in the program is a 5-day Orientation Excursion in Cairns where students visit the Great Barrier Reef, organized cultural activities throughout the semester, and an optional Spring Break excursion to Thailand or New Zealand (how amazing does that sound?!).

Discover Australia with TEAN as your guide - check out the TEAN website for more info!

TEAN Full Ride Scholarship

The TEAN Full Ride Scholarship is designed to give a stand-out student the opportunity to study abroad. It's an annual scholarship that can be used for any TEAN program and covers tuition, program fees and orientation (up to $15,000 value).

Lyndsey

Couldn't of had a better experience

When I first signed up to study at UWA, I was originally with another provider, but when they canceled my program at the last minute my advisor found that TEAN offered one that was almost identical. I was then partnered with someone from TEAN who was able to get me caught up on my application and walk me through some of the complicated paperwork that came with getting my visa and get it submitted on time even though I had to start late. Once we got to Australia, they held an orientation in Cairns where we got to meet tons of other American students, and get acclimated to the new country. Halfway through the semester, I went on a culture based trip to Thailand for a week during a study break. The itinerary was well planned, involved many different types of experiences, and really showed us several different sides to the country. It was amazing.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
One of the first things that the Aussies wanted us to experience was thier food, and at first it was Tim-Tams and Pavlova which we all loved, but eventually, it was Kangaroo and Vegemite which weren't quite as good.
Sophia

Living Life

I had such an amazing experience in Australia. It opened my eyes to the world and even my own life. I really changed my life and guided me to living a healthier lifestyle. I learned so much from traveling on my own and meeting people from all over the world. I would tell anyone going abroad to really keep an open mind to everything. Time flies really fast, you really need to do everything you can to see as much as possible and to really enjoy it. Push your boundaries and do stuff you're kind of uncomfortable with. It WILL pay off at the end.

Maybe more information before I left would have been helpful
marylewis

Western Australia: The Time of My Life

I was at Notre Dame Australia Spring of 2011 in Fremantle. I felt I got a true Australian experience being in Western Australia. The atmophere was very laid back and everyone was very friendly. Due to the west coast of Australia not being as popular, you get the chance to meet more of the locals. Fremantle is a small port city outside of Perth with a lot of charm. Campus and the dorms are very close to the beach ( about a two minute walk from the Indian Ocean, which was awesome!). There are an abundance of restaurants, shops and markets nearby as well.

Classes were small and welcoming. The classes I took were interesting and allowed you to be involved and meet other students( I especially enjoyed my archaeology and digital photography classes.)

The education abroad network was very helpful every step of the way before, during and after the program was over. I felt it was a great value for my money including the support and the 5-day orientation in Sydney was awesome. I took advantage of all of their help in attaining my visa, passport, booking my flight, getting a cellphone, etc.

I feel I took back a better understanding of different cultures and people and why people are the way they are. I think UNDA-Fremantle is a great place for someone who is laid back, but loves an adventure. I seriously recommend this program to anyone interested in going to Australia! I wish I was still there!

Alumni Interviews

About The Education Abroad Network

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) is a full-service international education provider specializing in immersive study and internship programs throughout Asia Pacific. Creating close partnerships the best universities in Australia, New Zealand and...