View Other Details
JCU is Australia’s leading university for the Tropics. Each semester, we welcome students from all over the world to our Study Abroad program. The program gives you the opportunity to study at an undergraduate or postgraduate level in tropical north Queensland for one or two semesters, while receiving credit for your studies back home. North Queensland offers a unique combination of stunning climate, pollution-free environment and a multicultural population. Our campuses in Cairns and Townsville are each within 30 minutes of Australia's Big Three - The Great Barrier Reef, tropical rainforests and the outback.
Australia is a welcoming and multicultural society, rich with nationalities and cultures from all over the world. Our regions are one of Australia’s – and the world's – leading hubs for coast and tropical science and environmental studies, so if you’re interested in the future of the planet, there are few better places to study.
- Enjoy spectacular, sunny weather in Townsville and Cairns all year-round and the significantly lower cost of living than many metropolitan centres.
- Make the most of North Queensland’s extraordinary combination of reefs, rainforests, significant coastal, mountain and outback ecosystems, and Indigenous centres.
- Explore our famous beaches with white sand and crystal-clear waters, rainforest hikes, mountain biking, hiking, snorkeling and scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef and experiencing native Australian wildlife.
- Choose from a range of JCU subjects and receive credit for your studies at your home institution, and benefit from small class sizes and receive personalised learning and easy access to lecturers and tutors.
- Make friends and enjoy on-campus accommodation options; get ready for not only an education, but an adventure.