Next Step China - Teen Immersion Program

Next Step China - Teen Immersion Program

Next Step China’s Teen Immersion program is hosted directly through Next Step China and is appropriate for ages 15+, while younger students can attend accompanied by a parent.

The program achieves a true immersion environment by including 7 hours of “class” per day. A day consists of one-on-one tutoring in a range of settings, including material-focused work in a quite setting and practical immersion experience in a “get out and practice” setting while visiting historical sites and experiencing the city. Tutors create an all-encompassing Mandarin learning experience.

Asia » China » Shanghai
Asia » China » Beijing
Asia » China
Year Round
Program includes airport pickup, local cell phone, housing, activities and excursions, courses and course materials, on-site staff assistance 24/7 and more.

Daniel
Canada

Professional Service

I was looking for a program that would allow my son to achieve fast learning in a comfortable environment. This is first time he's been travelling on his own, so comfort was a big factor. I was very pleased with the way the staff answered all of my questions in my emails within a few days at most. I had a lot of questions, and each was answered in a professional, timely way. I think the service is professional, timely and safe. I was really reassured to be able to actually talk to the staff over the phone, since emails only go far in satisfying a customer. I felt more confident about choosing Next step China when I could actually hear the voice of those who would be talking to my son for his 3- month stay.

Leon
USA

I highly recommend NSC

My wife and I began looking for a summer program for our 16 year old son who already had taken a year of Mandarin in the US, and we selected NSC. Our son wanted an intensive language course, and the university in which he was enrolled seemed to be the best choice. Other leading programs had teachers which they hired and did not teach at a university. NSC provided additional tutorial time at a very reasonable price. So, in addition to learning in a classroom environment, our son was able to travel around the city and speak the language in everyday situations. I strongly recommend NSC.

Han.Isabelle
Arlington, VA

Welcoming and Helpful

I really don’t have any complaints….everything was fine. We chose NSC because it was the cheapest option and offered the most freedom (like not having every day completely planned out) and was the right time range and in Beijing. They responded to emails really quickly. My mom sent way too many emails to Amy but she still answered all of them really quickly! I choose to stay at the university dorms at Dorm 17, which was really nice. Definitely exceeded my expectations, I thought that there might be a small chance that NSC was actually fake but it wasn’t!

Linda
New York, NY, USA

2nd Next Step China immersion trip with my son

I chose the China immersion program for my son because he had two years of high school Mandarin and he really wanted to up it and talk to the people and be part of the culture. It seemed like Next Step China would definitely grant us all those options and be in the country and have it also be run by an American who then could understand all the things that concerns that an American parent might have.
The accommodations at Next Step China were fantastic really great. Everyone granted us our wishes and things that we needed and the opportunities actually to bring my son over here and be part of his immersion process. Accommodations were rather great; actually, they were large, roomy, clean, and perfect.
Next Step China service is all inclusive, it’s everything, its cellphones,how to navigate the neighborhood, its tips on various places to eat, not to mention the fact that the instructors/ teachers are very good at passing out hints. So the service is fantastic; you can get any information that you want to know.
I just think the overall package from being able to email in the beginning and get response immediately or even a phone call with quick response. I think as a parent you need to know that there is somebody always at the other end willing to take your concerns. I would say the impressive part about it is the homework that Next Step China has done to make it a smooth transition for teens and parents.
Next Step China exceeded my expectations as a parent because we came last year and everything was wonderful in the fact that the accommodations, the instruction, the overall experience was excellent. So were coming back again this year for two weeks.
I already have recommended Next Step China to my friend and to my son’s friends. Because I’m in the airline business and many people I know can travel easily.I recommend their services to others constantly because it’s a great program!

At Next Step China, we are dedicated to offering a comprehensive range of affordable and flexible programs in China for students, professionals, and government officials.

We offer semester, summer, and custom-length programs that immerse you in the Chinese culture and language. Whether you prefer to