Chinese Summer Camp in Beijing & Shanghai

Chinese Summer Camp in Beijing & Shanghai

Between the months of June and August your Kids and Teens ( 7- 17 ) can join us at our Shanghai or Beijing campuses for some Chinese language learning.

3000 STUDENTS EVERY YEAR
That′s Mandarin is the #1 choice for Chinese learners, with more joining us annually.

12 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
A reputable and trusted school for guaranteed success since our establishment in 2005.

As well as our professional Chinese classes, our students will get the chance to explore their chosen city and develop a good understanding of Chinese culture through our exciting excursions and activities. The Shanghai & Beijing summer camp courses comes in a variety of packages to suit the needs of both children and their parents, including; full-time camp, day camp and morning camp.

We guarantee you will see a huge improvement in your child's Chinese after their camp experience! Full campers get accommodation included, visit our site for all the details!

• SAFE - We focus on our campers’ safety and in providing a safe environment to all students.
  • PROFESSIONAL - With 9 years of experience, we keep on improving our camp content and management.
  • FUN FUN FUN! - We make it fun for kids while they’re learning a challenging language like Mandarin.
Asia » China » Shanghai
Visa Requirement

Chloe
Canada

Summer Camp

During the two weeks I spent at this camp, I had a lot of new and different experiences. During the mornings, we did different activities every day, and it also gave me a chance to get to know the other participants at this camp. I had the chance to make a lot of new friends, all from different countries. we all had lots of fun when we went on the field trips as we learnt more about the Chinese culture and language. During the actual lessons, I feel like I really expanded my knowledge of Mandarin a lot more. Because this was my first year learning Mandarin, I wasn't really able to hold a good conversation, but now I think that I've improved enough that I can. I found the classes at this camp useful, as they were taught in a different format than what I was used to, which I found both beneficial and interesting. The teachers at the camp were all very nice, and kept encouraging us to learn and ask questions.

Martina
Beijing

Summer Camp In That's Mandarin

Roberto
USA

Great summer camp at That's Mandarin

Hello, my name is Rob and I attended That’s Mandarin 2 Week Full Camp. Before this camp I took Chinese for two years when I was living in Singapore. That’s Mandarin was one of my favorite camp that I have been too. The environment was amazing! All the teachers are nice and I would always look forward for the next day’s plan. Even though we would have fun by playing games or watching a movie we would always learn something out of it. For example, we watched a short film were a dinosaur was trying to get a cookie jar. During the short the teacher would pause it and make us make sentences about the story.

Even if you just started Chinese, it would be pretty easy to learn if you go to That’s Mandarin. By the end of my two weeks I could ask for the price and have a small friendly conversation with locals. I feel that this camp has made me feel better when talking Chinese and made me more confident. We also did some great activities outside to practice my Chinese. We would have to take a photo of the item and ask someone how much it costs.

Some of the other activities were to go to a Musem and even The Great Wall of China. All of the experiences made me understand more of the Chinese culture. One of my faveriote expreriences was when I climed the Great Wall of China. Our class climed until our legs couldn’t work (6 Hours). Even though musems are boring the ones that they brought me to where amazing!

An optional experience is to live in a apartment with other students. I would say this is a better option than being with you parents or whoever he/she is going to come with. I say this for many reasons, one of the main reason is that you always have a person that knows chinese. They would bring us out to local markets and very local resturants. This gives your child/teen to experience the local life of Beijing. Yes you could always go to the markets or resturants but there is something about being with a chinese speaking teacher wich makes it feel like you are more local to Beijing.

This is such a great school if you want your child/teen to learn chinese!

Luka
France

a cool camp for summer

I like learning Chinese characters and words and I like going to field trips. My favorite place is going to the Museum because I can visit and know the culture behind it. It’s so cool. And I like summer camp T shirt and their schoolbag. Yeah, and learning Chinese makes me happy. The morning activities are also very fun. Besides learning Chinese, I also learned working in a group. It’s a cool camp for summer.

Angela (Jiamei)

shanghai camp

my name is angela. I am 9 yeas old. I live in america. This is not my first time in china and my mom signed me up. My camp is going to be for 2 weeks. We flew kites. I had a lot of fun at that’s mandarin I like field trips a lot. I will work on Chinese characters. My favorite word is ma=horse. I met a lot of people and made a lot of friends here. I think the school environment is good and pretty. I have 2 teachers. Your teaching is fun.

Angus

Great Camp

My name is Angus McKosh and I am from the States. The camp has very good activities and very fun field trips like going to the park and going to the zoo even a shopping street! The morning activities are good, I like arts and crafts, painting and mask making I really enjoyed these activities. Food is OK. PS. I forgot to review the class. I really liked it. It was fun and I learned a lot of new words with my nice teacher—to teacher lady. I really like this camp and would recommend it. 我爱中文夏令营。

Angus McKosh

li
America

Wonderful summer camp with That's Mandarin

I am Song Li, Bryan and Hanna’s mother. I am Chinese thus I want my children to learn Chinese language. I found That’s Mandarin school online, their course consultants were so responsive and patient to my queries. My children also studied Chinese in the US, while they complaint that it was not fun thus they were not motivated. However, at That’s mandarin school, their teachers were very nice and they provided food and lots of snacks, kids could learn while playing games. The most exciting thing for me was that after all day long Chinese study, Bryan and Hannah were still happy and stayed motivated, which had never happened in the American school. I would be happy to recommend this school to my friends.

Angus

Enjoyable at Shanghai Camp

My name is Angus. I am 13 years old and I am from Australia. This is not my first time in China, I was born here in Shanghai and has been back many times. I have been to That's Mandarin in Beijing for 3 years so this school was the most convenient. I have not joined this Shanghai Camp before and may consider coming back.

I am in the Full Day Camp for a duration of 2 weeks so a typical day would look like this: morning cultural activity or field trip, then lunch, followed by classes with 10 mins breaks in between.

I think that my experience at That's Mandarin was acceptable cuz I learned a lot. My favorite part about the school has to be the continuous development of the pinyin skill I learned in the writing class so the most valuable lesson I will take from the experience is most likely the beauty of Shanghai and this school. I have met a variety of people who are really nice. The school location is fine and teachers are encouraging. Everything else was great, too.

Yau
Singapore

Summer Camp 2017

My kids enjoyed the two week summer camp of Beijing campus very much! They had great fun and loved the teachers as well as the company of their peers. They liked the lessons which are pegged to their Chinese proficiency level and also their mandarin level improve a lot during those two weeks. They also loved the cultural lessons. They can’t wait return for the next summer camp!
Father of Claris and Vera
Kudos to the staff of That’s Mandarin.

Christine

Fun Time At That's Mandarin With My Kids

I was looking for a camp or school where both my kids and myself could do classes and found That's Mandarin online. I love attending classes in Shanghai—you get to experience the culture and are forced to practice a bit as you explore. It’s been a great experience for all of us and I would highly recommend going to the school!

The school is located in an amazing, quaint, very convenient neighborhood. There are so many big hotels in walking distance and lots of food and shopping options. The neighborhood is also very safe and my kids (ages 12-15) would walk to school by themselves as they sometimes started later than I did.

My kids were skeptical about going but they really enjoyed the 2 weeks at the camp! The teachers were great and the kids they met were interesting and fun! The students were from all over the world and some lived in Shanghai too. My kids enjoyed the field trips and it was fun for them to do an activity with all the kids in the camp on the activity morning. The afternoon class time in their smaller ability-based group were good too. The balance of activity/ formal learning was perfect for them. After 2 weeks they were happy to have made some new friends and are a bit sad to leave.

I went in at a beginner level and learned so much in 2 weeks! The small group size of 5 people is perfect, and I’ve had some private lessons as well. The teachers have all been great and the content is very practical. The online resources (Smart Lingo) made available to us is a great complement to our classroom learning. It is something I will use after I leave Shanghai to continue to review and study Mandarin. It is nice taking classes in China so you can be exposed and hear people talk in Mandarin all the time. Even after 2 weeks I hear a few words that I’ve learned when I am in the elevator, in a restaurant, in a store or walking in the street.

That’s Mandarin has been a really fun and great learning experience for me and my family and I would love to attend again!

Christine
Hong Kong, SAR China

Luke
Shanghai

I like this shanghai camp

My name is Luke. I am 13 and I am from Singapore. This is my first time in China and I wanted to learn Chinese as Singapore has a lot of Chinese people. I choose That's Mandarin as it had the most good reviews and comments. I am from the Shanghai camp and a typical day at That's Mandarin is we usually start the day with a cultural class unless it's Tuesday and Thursday where we have field trip. After that we have class. I like making friends. To describe it in three words it would be excellent, interesting, and surprising. The teacher has taught us about Chinese culture and we learnt about Chinese Chess, songs and poetry. The school environment is Top notch in my opinion and the cultural activities are very interesting. The field trip are very interesting as we go to educational places such as museums.

This is a great experience in my life and I really enjoy the time here. I have made lots of amazing friends here. We eat together, play together, and learn together. Teachers here are very patient and they are always there and would love to help me. I really want to say thank you my teachers. And everyone here I met are very nice and friendly and always love to help. The school is very nice too. We have different classes and activities, we had a lot of fun.

Francoise
Australia

Very good school

This is the 1st time my son, 12 years old, attends a Mandarin program in China. We are Australian and French. When we left Australia, he could read pinying but could only say a few words in Mandarin. When we arrived in Beijing, as I cannot talk a word of Mandarin, except for ‘ni hao’, I asked my son to help a bit at the restaurant ect... with no success. After a week he gained confidence and was willing to talk in Mandarin in our every day life. I am so happy, this is a real success. He has learned at lot over these 2 weeks and on the top of it he had very good fun. As he enrolled the day camp, he has been eating at the school. They had a choice of 4 dishes every day (mixture of Asian and European dishes) and the food has been very good, according to my son. They even went to a restaurant on Friday and had a choice of dishes to share. He has had educational holidays! This is perfect. The school staff is very helpful and the teachers are very nice. They all try to assist you in any of the problems you might encounter in a country where you cannot speak the language. All people I met in this school are very happy with the outcomes and the social environment. I highly recommend the Chinese summer camp at ‘That’s Mandarin’ School.

Nothing, everything is perfect.

Cindy
Australia, living in Hong Kong

Family language adventure

There were four of us attending That’s Mandarin. Myself and my three children aged 8, 6 and 4. I was incredibly anxious before arriving, but after the first day felt at ease and very inspired.
The area surrounding the school had everything we needed and we took a gentle stroll to school each day. The school is welcoming, organized and tailored for the needs of students. Our children enjoyed attending every day and the staff (both teachers and assistant teachers) were outstanding. The kids were keen to do their homework every day and the incentive through the money cards was effective. The break out activities suited kids of all ages and ours certainly enjoyed them. The text books were familiar to us from our previous study in Hong Kong which helped. Perhaps we could have had a word list and radical list so that we had an easier time searching for words we needed or presumed to have been known.
It certainly helped that I was taking classes also as we felt we were experiencing this journey as a team. We also helped each other with homework!
The kids enjoyed their lunches everyday which is really important.
Overall, we were very happy with the program. It was a perfect method of inspiring the two older children to continue their studies (without too much pressure or any feelings of despondency) and allowing our third and youngest child to feel very comfortable with hearing and trying the language.
We will look to come again next summer and perhaps also continue with skype classes!

Meet the teacher for the kids and weekly parent feedback sessions

Clarisse
Paris

Great Full Camp Experience at That's Mandarin

I like the teachers because they’re nice, not like normal teachers in a normal school. I also made a lot of friends here and they came from England, America, Korea, etc. I like the afternoon classes, like calligraphy, dumpling cooking and making Chinese knots. My favorite activity is the dumpling making class. About the field trip, I like the Glass Museum the most as it’s very beautiful. Overall, I think Shanghai is good, especially the shops and the people who are so nice. I’d recommend That’s Mandarin to my friends as it’s very good here. I’d like to come back again next year.

Heidi

Great Choice For a Mandarin Trip

My 7-year-old son was placed in a class with 3 other boys of similar age and language ability, which I think is a very good class size and composition. The teacher, Ms. Zhao, is a terrific teacher, patient and fair, and the children learned a lot! My son enjoyed his time and loved the classes. The school representative also took good care of us, giving us tips for what to do in town with the children after school, answering all our queries and addressing any concerns efficiently.

Overall, thank you to That’s Mandarin for making our learning Mandarin trip such a wonderful experience!

If there is anything to change, it would just be to include more sports activity, especially after a day of sitting in the classroom all morning. And perhaps to teach the children some Maths in Mandarin and lessen the homework load for younger kids.

Ellen
Hong Kong
University of Toronto

Great experience with their Summer family Camp

I noticed this summer family camp from the webstie and it turns out to be great.

We came from Hong Kong and my daughter knows a little bit of mandarin. We stayed here for 2 weeks and my daughter met a lot of new friends. They provided snacks and lunch everyday. They go field trip twice a week, visiting different museums, which my daughter liked and enjoyed very much. At first I worried about my daughter’s safety, but the teachers are so caring and loving , that makes me feel relieved.

It would be better if there is a big outdoor area for kids to play.

Alicia
USA

My daughter has enjoyed her Summer Camp Mandarin classes and loves her teachers

Our six year old daughter has enjoyed her Summer Camp Mandarin classes and loves her teachers.  She has especially enjoyed meeting the other students in Summer Camp and has made friends. She enjoyed the activities in the afternoon, kite making, visual arts, and making mianbao. Her teachers provided resources so she can continue practicing her Chinese character writing.

We recommend That’s Mandarin since we have seen how happy our daughter was in her classes and also we have seen an improvement in our daughter’s language skills.

While my daughter attended Mandarin Summer Camp I also enjoyed attending Mandarin classes that accommodated our family’s weekly schedule.  Each teacher has her/his own style of teaching that supported my learning.  Taking language classes is hard work and I needed to devote time to study and practice. The That’s Mandarin method challenged me to stay focused and committed to my learning. I especially liked how each teacher provided resources and opportunities to speak in Mandarin with a disciplined approach to my conversational practice and grammar.  My teachers of That’s Mandarin created a wonderful personalized learning environment that has inspired me to continue my language study. The school setting and social scene provided our family a chance to meet other families attending That’s Mandarin from various parts of the world.

Eliot
Philippines

A Different and Exciting Summer in China

I’ve been in China once before with my family but this is my first time in a camp like this. We were given a selection of 3 languages in our school back home and Mandarin was the one I was best at and it’s the one I enjoy the most. So I took this Full Immersion Camp at That’s Mandarin to improve my grades. I stayed here for 3 weeks.

My sister came to That’s Mandarin 2 years ago and she really enjoyed the camp and it really helped her with her grades. And my parents thought it would do the same for me. I haven’t been to any other summer camps in china, but I still think this is very good. I really enjoyed the facilities here, even the teachers were amazing.

I usually arrived at the school at 8:30 in the morning and waited about half hour for the other students to arrive. Then we started classes at 9:00. We had a very fun speaking and listening class for 50 min, in which we talked about whatever subject at hands and we learned about characters. Then we had a cartoon class in which we watched a video and explained it in Chinese. Then we had another break, followed by a writing class where we wrote about a picture the teacher gave us to look at. Or we would write about the video we looked at earlier to practice our writing skills.

Then we had another break. In the afternoon, we had very fun activities. We would go on a field trip, like to a museum for a nice relaxing day. We had been to two or three museums while I was here and they were all different and really interesting. I think the museum was my favourite part. Some days we would play sports like pingpong. Then we came back to the school and that was the end of the day.

I think my experience here has been all amazing. I like the teachers; they’re all experienced and really good. The other students are very nice too. Nobody is mean or has bad behavior. I’ve always been a huge fan of magic. But in my old school, during the classes, the teachers would hate it if I had a pack of cards in my hands. But here, it’s okay. I just love magic, and just showing it to the other students makes me feel really happy. I’m always interacting with the other students and nobody feels left out. It’s a really nice environment to learn.

The facilities are very nice too. That’s Mandarin is also near a lot of food places, so the food is always very good. I stayed in an apartment that’s close enough to walk to school, but not too far you have to take a taxi. It’s a very nice walking distance. The accommodation itself is very nice. It has everything you need, like a working bathroom, a washing machine, a really nice bed, and the view all the way up there in the apartment block is very nice!

Nonlanee
Bangkok,Thailand

My kids enjoyed the camp a lot

·First , this is our first time in Beijing,we have been in Shanghai before but just for traveling. We really intended our kids to know Chinese language and the area we should is That’s mandarin school in Beijing that really convinced from many years experience。
·Second, Once the day we step in this school it was holiday, however staff still continue working and make us nicely welcome especially staff team who play game with our kids that it so impressive at first arrived in school.
·Third, all staff here are very helpful, it was nicely for all your kindness and help. (Especially thank you to Holly , principal and really impress for all staffs with lovely smile)
·Lastly, our kids said do not want to go back to Thailand. They keep asking to be here but unfortunately, mom has to go back for a work. If any occasionally coming we will be here surely.

Aurora
Oslo

My Chinese has developed a lot after only staying two weeks at That’s Mandarin!

I decided to stay only two weeks because I was travelling alone and I did not know if I would enjoy it. However, now when I am almost finished, I really wished I had one more week. The apartment I got through the school has a central location and was great for my stay.

On my first day at the summer camp, I was initially placed in a group which I realized was not suitable for me, so I was later moved to another group, which I really enjoyed and it was here my Chinese level increased.

On the other hand I did enjoy some of the activities we did. For example, the Saturday trip to Shanghai Financial Tower, the bund and Shanghai museum with a teacher who taught us Chinese on the way was a great experience! Calligraphy was also another activity I really enjoyed.

The first day at That’s Mandarin I was welcomed by very nice people and I received a contact person which I could contact at any time! I also found friends at That’s mandarin who I stayed with throughout my trip and who I will remember for a long time!

I definitely recommend That’s Mandarin to families and people of all ages travelling to Shanghai and to learn Chinese! I hope to come here again next summer.

Khangmin

That's Mandarin Summer Camp

My family loves our experience at That's Mandarin Camp. We were at the Beijing campus last year and my kids left the camp able to converse in simple mandarin and keen to learn more Chinese. We came to the the Shanghai campus this year and the kids (ages 6, 8 and 10) fit right in with the welcoming teachers and fun classmates. Within the first week, they had learned some new Chinese characters and were able to understand the local Chinese cartoons on TV. The teachers were very experienced in motivating my kids to learn Chinese in an enjoyable manner. The kids come to the camp everyday in a very happy mood and they want to speak more mandarin. This is so enlightening compared to their dread in attending the Chinese school in Canada! The best attribute of That's Mandarin Camp is the teachers' friendly and encouraging way of building my kids' confidence in conversing mandarin and motivate them to learn more Chinese. My kids have all asked to come back again next year!

I think the kids will benefit from online Chinese games throughout the year while they "wait" to come back to the summer camp. In this way, they are able to retain more of what they have learned and will be keen to keep learning to score on the games.

Merlina
Singapore
Boston College

The morning classes are very interesting

In the morning we have 3 classes, which are grammar, speaking and writing classes. In the afternoon, since it’s a Day Camp, we have cultural classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and on Tuesday and Thursday they take us on a field trip.
In the first class, the speaking class, we talk about vocabulary, and things that you can use to make sentence structures. They also teach practical things. Instead of talking about birthday parties all the time, they have one new topic every day and they focus on another topic. We did a topic on school. The morning classes they seem faster than they actually are. All the teachers are very nice. I especially like the classes because there are only 3 or 4 students, so the teachers are able to focus on each person individually. And so we can get a lot more done.
My sister and I both like the cultural activities. And I like the field trips more because we go to places you don’t normally go. Like the first thing you normally do in Beijing is to go to the Great Wall, but we go to less crowded places like the Science Museum. We also went to the zoo and the Temple of Heaven. But I like the Science Museum because it had a lot more content than just walking around. The most interesting place in Beijing is the place full of street food where they sell live scorpions and other interesting food.

Laura
Portland

Our That's Mandarin Experience

My family and I are from the US and we’re here for just a couple of weeks. We were looking for an experience for our kids over those short weeks where they could be engaged in the culture, not just visiting and sightseeing, but really meet some of the other kids in the area and learn a little bit about the culture.

I have two boys, one is 8 and the other is 10. We didn’t know any Mandarin before this trip. My 10-year-old downloaded a couple of online apps and learned a little bit himself but otherwise they didn’t know anything. This is their first experience.

We were recommended to That’s Mandarin by someone else that has been here before. We’ve been really happy with the kids’ experience these past two weeks. They’ve learned a lot of Mandarin, some of the traditional Chinese handiwork and cultural events and they’re really excited about it.

I’m surprised by how much they’ve picked up over the last couple weeks. We had them help us order at the restaurant, talk to the taxi driver. They definitely learned a lot, really quickly. The teachers were really encouraging, and gave them the confidence they needed to be able to pick up the language, because it’s way different, obviously. They challenged them but at the same time, the level was just right so that they felt confident they could pick up those things asked of them.

A couple of days ago afterward they said, “Can we go back to China again?” They’ve really enjoyed being here and this experience. I feel like every time they go on a field trip, I want to go too. I look them up and see if I can go too.

I expected they would be able to meet other kids and I was surprised at how many countries the students are coming from. That was really fun. My kids still enjoy telling me where everybody comes from, who they’ve met.

We took the subway to get here and it was pretty easy from the subway station. I think it’s a good location, easy to get to.

I’m sure if we come back to Shanghai, we will do this again, probably next time I’ll take a class to learn a little bit myself. Thank you for a great experience.

Tina
China

Nice experience

This is quite a experience and my kids enjoyed it very much. My original propose was just to increase theirs intress on Chinese which is the most important step from my point of view. After one weeks program, my kids find it is fun to learn Chinese and begin to speak Chinese with me. I am sure they achieved more than my expectation. learning and having fun, the program makes me more confident for more next steps on the way of studying chinese which I didn't dare to expect before.

Tina Wang

Give parents chance to attend the program, so that parents can have better understanding.

Anni
London

overview

The children loved learning Mandarin in the summer camp. There were other children of similar ages and they learnt and played together. The teachers were great and made them and all of us very comfortable.

The content of the programme was suitable for their abilities and the voucher system encouraged them to do better which is a brilliant idea.

I cannot think of anything!

Khangmin
Canada

We really had a happy time in Beijing at That's Mandarin!

I come from Canada with my three children each 5, 7 and 9, we chose That’s Mandarin Summer Camp, because we found their website and the website is very professional. They emphasize the safety, safety is very important for us because we are overseas. We really wanted to have a try. When we came here the experience was great. The kids have classes in the morning, they get supposed to reading, listening, as well as writing characters. And in the afternoon, they have acting craft and as also are supposed to learn Chinese culture like making Chinese dumplings and making Chinese kites. On two days of the week we get to go out, to Chinese garden, zoo, etc. The kids absolutely enjoy the experience. We love that teachers gives where they get points by speaking Mandarin, and also doing their homework, and even when we go outdoors, they have task where they are suppose to speak to the local Chinese people in Mandarin, and try to get a taste of what is like in China. The teachers are great, they are very friend to the kids, and they are aware of the kids’ strength and weakness, and the way they learn. Even during the lunch time, they are very care about what food the kids like to eat and what they don’t, so they keep adjust the menu according to the kids’ taste. After the first week, we would actually like to stay longer, because this camp is so fun, we stay here for 4 weeks, and my children wound not like to leave and they want to stay longer. We plan to come back again next year during the summer to learn more Chinese. When they first came, they don’t speak mandarin much, and my youngest who is 5 not even understand mandarin much. At the end the 4 weeks, now when I speak to him in mandarin, he can understand most of what I say. And his intonation in mandarin now is also much more accurate than when we first came. So I would recommend this camp to any parents who would like their kids to experience learning Chinese and culture and also experience China in a very relax and also enjoyable manner.

Tan
shanghai

I am very happy at camp and I want to come back next year

I studied at That’s Mandarin for two weeks. I learned a lot of things. I studied a lot of characters and learned how to use the new ones in stories. For Dragon Boat Festival cultural studies, I told a long story about Qu Yuan and the teacher said I did a good job and gave me a small prize. I was really excited. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we have field trips. I went with the other campers and teachers to the Natural History Museum, the Shanghai Zoo, and the Film Museum. All those places were really fun. We had to do different tasks and they all required us to use Chinese. I am very happy at camp and I want to come back next year, if Mom and Dad say I can and I do well in my classes in Singapore.

Ryan
Singapo

I will miss That’s Mandarin

I start class at 9am. In the morning, for three hours, I study Chinese. My favourite classes are video classes and character writing ones. The teachers gave us Tom and Jerry cartoons and then told us to tell a story. Then we wrote down that story. I had a lot of fun.
In the afternoon, we usually went outside to play. My favourite day was when we went to the Natural History Museum. It’s a fun place. Inside, they have a lot, a lot of dinosaurs. They were my favourite part.
In the culture classes, I painted a mask, ate zongzi for Dragonboat Festival, learned the story behind Dragonboat Festival, and because I knew the story of Quyuan and could tell the rest of the group, I got a small prize and I was very happy. I also drew him as a dragon and a dragonboat.
I studied for two weeks. I studied a lot of things and had a lot of fun with other campers. After I go back to Singapore, I will miss That’s Mandarin.

Charles
Shanghai

I like my main teacher, Xu laoshi. She makes the class super fun.

At school, I write a lot of Chinese characters. I also watch short films and say sentences about the films. We get points if we say a long and correct sentence. We review the work that we do a lot. We also make sentences. I like my main teacher, Xu laoshi. She makes the class super fun. We get to watch lots of funny films. After that, we have bunch of competition with points. At That's Mandarin, I also love to go out and play. We've gone to a museum with a bunch of cool, prehistoric animals. I also like to play games we played like 6 games yesterday, but all in chinese. My favorite game was "Luobo dun" which also can review the words we learned through it.

Thomas
Holiday

Different experience than we have in Singapore

We spent five days in China with That’s Mandarin at Summer Camp. It was a really different experience than what we have in Singapore. Because, in Singapore, we don’t learn Chinese everyday, only twice a week. We like speaking Chinese a lot and Thomas got to make new friends really quickly—the first day. Every morning we got to school at 9 and had class until like 12, then we had lunch, then we would do all kinds of activities. Our favorites were the mask painting and the trip to the Museum of Natural History. They had all these kinds of dinosaurs and they moved! It was really fun to do that with all the other kids. And with our teachers. They were really nice, too.

That’s Mandarin is China’s leading Chinese Language School delivering quality lessons to 3000+ students each year.

Study Chinese in Beijing, Shanghai, online or at your location.

Why choose us?
We offer only the best Chinese lessons for you with a unique and innovative approach to