Chinese Summer Camp in Beijing & Shanghai

Between the months of June and August your Kids and Teens ( 7- 17 ) can join us at our Shanghai or Beijing campuses for some Chinese language learning.

3000 STUDENTS EVERY YEAR
That′s Mandarin is the #1 choice for Chinese learners, with more joining us annually.

12 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
A reputable and trusted school for guaranteed success since our establishment in 2005.

As well as our professional Chinese classes, our students will get the chance to explore their chosen city and develop a good understanding of Chinese culture through our exciting excursions and activities. The Shanghai & Beijing summer camp courses comes in a variety of packages to suit the needs of both children and their parents, including; full-time camp, day camp and morning camp.

We guarantee you will see a huge improvement in your child's Chinese after their camp experience! Full campers get accommodation included, visit our site for all the details!

• SAFE - We focus on our campers’ safety and in providing a safe environment to all students.
  • PROFESSIONAL - With 9 years of experience, we keep on improving our camp content and management.
  • FUN FUN FUN! - We make it fun for kids while they’re learning a challenging language like Mandarin.

The price is from RMB 3000 for a week, which focuses on intensive Chinese classes. For more activities and field trips, the price might be up to RMB 5500 per week, but please believe us that every penny is worthwhile. Safety is first and students get the chance to meet students all over the world, try Chinese style calligraphy, paper-cutting, and experience the authentic Chinese life here. The...
It is there - we tracked it with I phone apps and compared with other cities . But... we moved around in 100 f heat in June and were just fine. Our daughter with mild asthma was fine. For three weeks. We are both MDs and were scare to death before trip. But it was just fine. PS do not drink water from faucet.

• Program Selection 9.8
  • Pre-departure Help 9.8
  • In-program Support 9.5
  • Impact on Student 9.5
Axel Jack

Fantastic Winter Camp

I had a great time at the december 2017 winter day camp in Shanghai with That's Mandarin. I like the small class sizes and teachers are focused in the classes in the morning and the afternoon which makes the learning here fun and helpful. The teachers are quite nice, young and energetic. The learning environment is super modern which is so cool. I would love to come back next year and join the summer camp with them.

Chloe

Summer Camp

During the two weeks I spent at this camp, I had a lot of new and different experiences. During the mornings, we did different activities every day, and it also gave me a chance to get to know the other participants at this camp. I had the chance to make a lot of new friends, all from different countries. we all had lots of fun when we went on the field trips as we learnt more about the Chinese culture and language. During the actual lessons, I feel like I really expanded my knowledge of Mandarin a lot more. Because this was my first year learning Mandarin, I wasn't really able to hold a good conversation, but now I think that I've improved enough that I can. I found the classes at this camp useful, as they were taught in a different format than what I was used to, which I found both beneficial and interesting. The teachers at the camp were all very nice, and kept encouraging us to learn and ask questions.

No, I don't recommend
Martina

Summer Camp In That's Mandarin

Roberto

Great summer camp at That's Mandarin

Hello, my name is Rob and I attended That’s Mandarin 2 Week Full Camp. Before this camp I took Chinese for two years when I was living in Singapore. That’s Mandarin was one of my favorite camp that I have been too. The environment was amazing! All the teachers are nice and I would always look forward for the next day’s plan. Even though we would have fun by playing games or watching a movie we would always learn something out of it. For example, we watched a short film were a dinosaur was trying to get a cookie jar. During the short the teacher would pause it and make us make sentences about the story.

Even if you just started Chinese, it would be pretty easy to learn if you go to That’s Mandarin. By the end of my two weeks I could ask for the price and have a small friendly conversation with locals. I feel that this camp has made me feel better when talking Chinese and made me more confident. We also did some great activities outside to practice my Chinese. We would have to take a photo of the item and ask someone how much it costs.

Some of the other activities were to go to a Musem and even The Great Wall of China. All of the experiences made me understand more of the Chinese culture. One of my faveriote expreriences was when I climed the Great Wall of China. Our class climed until our legs couldn’t work (6 Hours). Even though musems are boring the ones that they brought me to where amazing!

An optional experience is to live in a apartment with other students. I would say this is a better option than being with you parents or whoever he/she is going to come with. I say this for many reasons, one of the main reason is that you always have a person that knows chinese. They would bring us out to local markets and very local resturants. This gives your child/teen to experience the local life of Beijing. Yes you could always go to the markets or resturants but there is something about being with a chinese speaking teacher wich makes it feel like you are more local to Beijing.

This is such a great school if you want your child/teen to learn chinese!

Bob

Family summer program

We are visiting Beijing for 2 weeks with our 3 kids aged 13, 11 and 9. We are coming from California. We searched online for summer camps to learn Mandarin. Many people in America and China ask us “Why?” and the answer is: a) we wanted an adventure together as a family, and b) we believe Mandarin is the most important language for our kids to learn at school, so we wanted an introduction to the language so that our kids are not afraid to continue learning.

- Location: great, we are staying in an apartment nearby, and we like being in a normal neighborhood to experience normal Chinese life.

-Teachers: laoshi hen fei cheng hao! Really excellent. We have been very impressed with the quality of the teaching. We like the conversational style, the content is very relevant to our activities in Beijing - eating, travel, shopping, meeting people. We have really enjoyed getting to know Chu and Cai and hope to stay in touch on WeChat. The kids are happy, they enjoy learning Mandarin words and all their teachers look very kind and patient. Ruby (9) struggled a bit with the homework - she is okay with speaking and listening but the written symbols and pinyin was harder than she was expecting.

-Safety: all good.

-Food: the kids liked the pizza of course, and trying some Chinese foods.

-Activities: the kids liked the trips to the Heaven Temple and Science Museum. The late change from the Zoo to the Silk Market was a surprise - if we knew the kids were going to the market we could have spent some time with them before teaching them how to barter / get a good price!

We had already been to the Silk Market and the Water Cube last week on our own, it would have been useful to know the school itinerary in advance so we would not need to go twice! We think they would prefer the Zoo to the Water Cube. Support from Holly was fantastic!

We took classes so we could share the experience with the kids. And we can help each other. And language is a fantastic way to understand Chinese people and Chinese culture.

Knowing the activity itinerary in advance would be better. It doesn’t matter about the rain. We believe the kids would enjoy the Zoo in the rain more than an indoor activity
Luka

a cool camp for summer

I like learning Chinese characters and words and I like going to field trips. My favorite place is going to the Museum because I can visit and know the culture behind it. It’s so cool. And I like summer camp T shirt and their schoolbag. Yeah, and learning Chinese makes me happy. The morning activities are also very fun. Besides learning Chinese, I also learned working in a group. It’s a cool camp for summer.

Marta

family camp

Nivira
Morning excursions are very fun, but I think kids should be using more the Mandarin instead of English. I know that this is very difficult to master.
I think 2 hours of class per day is not enough, I would introduce more classes, writing, listening, etc..
As for the teacher, she learnt more the first week than the second, maybe cause the group she was in was more advanced
In general she was very happy about the teacher.
It was very kind of you to give them the final day presents and the certificate...

Marta
Teacher was pretty good and I learnt a lot. She also helps me moving around Beijing. Online system is very good.

maud

a very good summer camp

My children had a very nice summer camp at Thats Mandarin in Beijing. They improved a lot during the two weeks and learned many new words. The teachers are very good and the staff speaks good English and helps a lot. Everybody is very nice to the children and cares about them. There are not many children in each class, which makes it easier for the kids to practice speaking Chinese and to learn fast. The teachers include fun games and role plays in the classes to make sure the kids have fun during the lessons and don't get bored. I recommend this summer camp to all families.

Andrew

Chinese Summer in Beijing

I would like to thank everybody at That's Mandarin Beijing School! We had a great time! Our Wisconsin tutor (he is originally from Xi'an) was very impressed with kids progress. Especially my son,Mark, showing lot of enthusiasm for studying Chinese now, which was not always case before. I think that very strong points of your school are lot of individual attention to kids and overall very good understanding of kids needs -both learning and everyday (my wife is telling me that Chinese designers understand kids like nobody else and buys lot of stuff from Ali Express:).My kids certainly liked to play and study with other international students. My daughter, Anna, was crying after last day of camp because it was over and she did not want to go home.
Thank you again for giving us such a great opportunity to immerse in Chinese language and culture!

Angela (Jiamei)

shanghai camp

my name is angela. I am 9 yeas old. I live in america. This is not my first time in china and my mom signed me up. My camp is going to be for 2 weeks. We flew kites. I had a lot of fun at that’s mandarin I like field trips a lot. I will work on Chinese characters. My favorite word is ma=horse. I met a lot of people and made a lot of friends here. I think the school environment is good and pretty. I have 2 teachers. Your teaching is fun.

Angus

Great Camp

My name is Angus McKosh and I am from the States. The camp has very good activities and very fun field trips like going to the park and going to the zoo even a shopping street! The morning activities are good, I like arts and crafts, painting and mask making I really enjoyed these activities. Food is OK. PS. I forgot to review the class. I really liked it. It was fun and I learned a lot of new words with my nice teacher—to teacher lady. I really like this camp and would recommend it. 我爱中文夏令营。

Angus McKosh

li

Wonderful summer camp with That's Mandarin

I am Song Li, Bryan and Hanna’s mother. I am Chinese thus I want my children to learn Chinese language. I found That’s Mandarin school online, their course consultants were so responsive and patient to my queries. My children also studied Chinese in the US, while they complaint that it was not fun thus they were not motivated. However, at That’s mandarin school, their teachers were very nice and they provided food and lots of snacks, kids could learn while playing games. The most exciting thing for me was that after all day long Chinese study, Bryan and Hannah were still happy and stayed motivated, which had never happened in the American school. I would be happy to recommend this school to my friends.

Angus

Enjoyable at Shanghai Camp

My name is Angus. I am 13 years old and I am from Australia. This is not my first time in China, I was born here in Shanghai and has been back many times. I have been to That's Mandarin in Beijing for 3 years so this school was the most convenient. I have not joined this Shanghai Camp before and may consider coming back.

I am in the Full Day Camp for a duration of 2 weeks so a typical day would look like this: morning cultural activity or field trip, then lunch, followed by classes with 10 mins breaks in between.

I think that my experience at That's Mandarin was acceptable cuz I learned a lot. My favorite part about the school has to be the continuous development of the pinyin skill I learned in the writing class so the most valuable lesson I will take from the experience is most likely the beauty of Shanghai and this school. I have met a variety of people who are really nice. The school location is fine and teachers are encouraging. Everything else was great, too.

Yau

Summer Camp 2017

My kids enjoyed the two week summer camp of Beijing campus very much! They had great fun and loved the teachers as well as the company of their peers. They liked the lessons which are pegged to their Chinese proficiency level and also their mandarin level improve a lot during those two weeks. They also loved the cultural lessons. They can’t wait return for the next summer camp!
Father of Claris and Vera
Kudos to the staff of That’s Mandarin.

Christine

Fun Time At That's Mandarin With My Kids

I was looking for a camp or school where both my kids and myself could do classes and found That's Mandarin online. I love attending classes in Shanghai—you get to experience the culture and are forced to practice a bit as you explore. It’s been a great experience for all of us and I would highly recommend going to the school!

The school is located in an amazing, quaint, very convenient neighborhood. There are so many big hotels in walking distance and lots of food and shopping options. The neighborhood is also very safe and my kids (ages 12-15) would walk to school by themselves as they sometimes started later than I did.

My kids were skeptical about going but they really enjoyed the 2 weeks at the camp! The teachers were great and the kids they met were interesting and fun! The students were from all over the world and some lived in Shanghai too. My kids enjoyed the field trips and it was fun for them to do an activity with all the kids in the camp on the activity morning. The afternoon class time in their smaller ability-based group were good too. The balance of activity/ formal learning was perfect for them. After 2 weeks they were happy to have made some new friends and are a bit sad to leave.

I went in at a beginner level and learned so much in 2 weeks! The small group size of 5 people is perfect, and I’ve had some private lessons as well. The teachers have all been great and the content is very practical. The online resources (Smart Lingo) made available to us is a great complement to our classroom learning. It is something I will use after I leave Shanghai to continue to review and study Mandarin. It is nice taking classes in China so you can be exposed and hear people talk in Mandarin all the time. Even after 2 weeks I hear a few words that I’ve learned when I am in the elevator, in a restaurant, in a store or walking in the street.

That’s Mandarin has been a really fun and great learning experience for me and my family and I would love to attend again!

Christine
Hong Kong, SAR China

About That's Mandarin Chinese Language School

That’s Mandarin is China’s leading Chinese Language School delivering quality lessons to 3000+ students each year.

Study Chinese in Beijing, Shanghai, online or at your location.

Why choose us?
We offer only the best Chinese lessons for you with a...