Chinese Summer Camp in Beijing & Shanghai

Between the months of June and August your Kids and Teens ( 7- 17 ) can join us at our Shanghai or Beijing campuses for some Chinese language learning.

3000 STUDENTS EVERY YEAR
That′s Mandarin is the #1 choice for Chinese learners, with more joining us annually.

12 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
A reputable and trusted school for guaranteed success since our establishment in 2005.

As well as our professional Chinese classes, our students will get the chance to explore their chosen city and develop a good understanding of Chinese culture through our exciting excursions and activities. The Shanghai & Beijing summer camp courses comes in a variety of packages to suit the needs of both children and their parents, including; full-time camp, day camp and morning camp.

We guarantee you will see a huge improvement in your child's Chinese after their camp experience! Full campers get accommodation included, visit our site for all the details!

• SAFE - We focus on our campers’ safety and in providing a safe environment to all students.
  • PROFESSIONAL - With 9 years of experience, we keep on improving our camp content and management.
  • FUN FUN FUN! - We make it fun for kids while they’re learning a challenging language like Mandarin.

The price is from RMB 3000 for a week, which focuses on intensive Chinese classes. For more activities and field trips, the price might be up to RMB 5500 per week, but please believe us that every penny is worthwhile. Safety is first and students get the chance to meet students all over the world, try Chinese style calligraphy, paper-cutting, and experience the authentic Chinese life here. The...
It is there - we tracked it with I phone apps and compared with other cities . But... we moved around in 100 f heat in June and were just fine. Our daughter with mild asthma was fine. For three weeks. We are both MDs and were scare to death before trip. But it was just fine. PS do not drink water from faucet.

• Program Selection 9.8
  • Pre-departure Help 9.8
  • In-program Support 9.5
  • Impact on Student 9.5
Maxime

Great learning

If you’re a beginner or if you’ve already started learning chinese, this program will only help. The teachers are very performant and thanks to them my experience with them was very productive!
The classes have break in between so you can easily stay concentrated the whole day. I didn’t quite like the food, but the other people seemed to appreciate it. In any case, there is a lot of delicious food shop in the area so it isn’t a problem, you can just go buy food outside.
So yes, the location was also very good !

Alex

That's Mandarin Review

The That's Mandarin Website shouldn't be the one to choose what the kids learn. The kids should input more into what they want to learn. Then it would make the learning experience more fun for the kids and they will have more fun. The future participants should know that when they come to the That's Mandarin Building, they can make friends and be safe. oh yeah, I almost forgot the food is great 70 % of the time.

Teaching kids what they want to learn not what the website has planned for them.
And to learn deeper about important words and phrases.
Alfonsina

Mi experiencia en That's Mandarin " My experience at That's Mandarin"

Translated:
"I recommend it to everyone, it is an unforgettable experience, the staff is amazing, they give a spectacular welcome and the classes are super fun. One learns too much in a short time, I arrived here without knowing almost nothing but the basics and in just one month I learned many things. The excursions and the cultural classes are fascinating, you enjoy yourself and you learn too much in Mandarin as in English. Classes are given in such a way that you no longer have to study at night because you get out of there with everything cleared up and everything memorized. One gets unforgettable memories because we have the chance to share with people from all over the world. From here I do not leave alone knowing much mandarin also with memories that wherever I go I always enter them in my heart."

Original:
Se lo recomiendo a todo el mundo, es una experiencia inorvidable, el personal es asombroso, dan una acogida espectacular y las clases son super divertidas. Uno aprende demasiado en poco tiempo, llegue aqui sin saber casi nada solamente lo basico y en solo un mes aprendi muchas cosa. La excursiones y las clases culturales son facinantes, se disfruta y se aprende demasiado tanto en Mandarin como en Ingles. Las clases las dan de forma tal que ya no hay que estudiar en las noches porque uno sale de ahi con todo aclarado y todo memorizado. Uno se lleva recuerdos inorvidables ya que tenemos el chance de compartir con personas de todo el mundo. De aqui no me voy solo sabiendo mucho mandarin tambien con recuerdos que donde quiera que yo vaya siempre los entre en el corazon.

monica

My Experience in Thats Mandarin.

On summer of 2018 I went to a camp in china called Thats Mandarin. My experience was realy good and maby the best. It was a camp that you make friends, learn the culture and the language of China, and have fun. I have the opportunity to meets teacher that where really nice and helpfull in my academicly way. This was a camp that I will really like to repate and probably next year I will. Its mazing how you can get friendes so esally and learn so much 。 Its crazy to say that in Thats Mandarin you can get a new family but for me it hapend. I woke up every day wishing to start my activitys and to say hi to all my friends. In here its easy to say hi but diffucult and sad to say bye. When its time to go its sad because it reminds you how well you pass it but actually easy because you know those were the best weeks of your live.

Maia

Unforgettable

Classes are fun and supportive and build on what i had already learnt, expanding my knowlege of Mandarin. The teachers and staff are increadibly kind and supportive. I loved my stay here and highly recommend That's Mandarin!
Every weekend you go trips around (for me) Beijing, or example we went to the Great Wall of China. It was fun and awe-inspireing to see the view from on top of the wall; after we came down by tabbogan which was an exhilaraing experience!

Monica

My Experience in Thats Mandarin.

No, all are perfect
Maugars

Summer camp in that's mandarin

Translated: "I arrived in Beijing two weeks ago to join the summer camp in Mandarin. The first day, I was greeted and my teacher gave me a test for in order to divide the groups according to the skills of the students in Chinese. This allowed us to progress better and not get bored. I have been to Tian Tan Park, the Museum of Capital and Science, Bei Hai Park, karaoke. We have built models of Chinese monuments, learned some songs, but also the calligraphy, their cooking, Twisters language .... Teachers are patient and kind, they take the time to teach you things in detail even if you do not do not speak perfectly English. I am now sad to have to leave, and I hope to return in the next few years."

Original: Je suis arrivée à Pékin il y a deux semaines pour rejoindre le camp d'été en mandarin. Le premier jour, j'ai été accueillie et mon professeur m'a donné un test pour afin de diviser les groupes en fonction des compétences des élèves en chinois. Cela nous a permis de nous mieu progresser et de ne pas s'ennuyer. J'ai été à Tian Tan Parc, au Musée de la capital et de la science ,Bei Hai parc, karaoké. Nous avons construit des maquettes de monuments chinois, appris certaines chansons, mais aussi la caligraphie, leur cuisine,Twisters langue.... Les enseignants sont patients et gentils, ils prennent le temps de t'apprendre les choses en détails meme si tu ne parles pas parfaitement anglais. Je suis maintenant triste de devoir le quitter, et j'espère revenir dans les prochaines années.

séjour à pekin, stay in pekin

Translated: I had the opportunity to stay for 2 weeks in Peking to visit the city and learn Chinese. This experience has been beneficial to the extent that we have the opportunity to hear and practice Chinese all day long.
The experiences were diverse and the food diverse and local. There are also people from all over the world so I could also progress in English.

Original: J’ai eu l’occasion de faire un séjour de 2 semaines à pekin afin de pourvoir visiter la ville et d’apprendre le chinois. Cette expérience a été bénéfique dans la mesure où on a l’opportunite d’entendre et de pratiquer le chinois à longueur de journée.
Les expériences ont été diverse et la nourriture diverse et local. Il y’a également des gens du monde entier donc j ai pu également progresser en anglais.

séjour à pekin, stay in pekin

Translated: "I had the opportunity to stay for 2 weeks in Peking to visit the city and learn Chinese. This experience has been beneficial to the extent that we have the opportunity to hear and practice Chinese all day long.
The experiences were diverse and the food diverse and local. There are also people from all over the world so I could also progress in English"

Tyler

My Time at That's Mandarin

Before coming to That's Mandarin, I was a little skeptical about how the camp would be. I had only been away from home once before. I thought that I would have a challenging time making new friends and doing well in the classes as I am not outgoing towards people I am not familiar with and therefore, I would not be able to fit in. But these two weeks have shown me exactly the opposite. Within the first night after my arrival at That's Mandarin, I felt that I was fitting in and making new friends. In the morning and afternoon, we would have classes and go on field trips. But I really enjoyed the evening when all the boarders and our Lao Shi would go out somewhere, such as Tian'anmen Square, and then we would have dinner at a mall and our Lao Shi would let us roam around in the mall for an hour. The evening really let us bond as friends. I loved some of the field trips, such as Tian'anmen Square and The Great Wall. I also learned a lot of Mandarin. But my learning was impaired by the fact that I was only here for two weeks; had I stayed for four weeks, I would have really learned a lot more. On the other hand, some of the field trips were less enjoyable such as the Confucius Temple or the Beijing Zoo, either because it was raining, it was repetitive, or depressing. But overall, I loved That's Mandarin and I do not regret going to the camp at all because of all the fun experiences I had, the Mandarin that I learned, and all the friends I have made.

Although I had a really enjoyable time here in Beijing and That's Mandarin, there are some things that could be improved about this camp. One thing is the rules/strictness. This camp is very safe so I think that they could allow us to have a bit more freedom. For example, it would be great if the boarders, with their parents permission, were able to go out by themselves in the area, maybe to have dinner by themselves or just hang out. Another thing that could be improved are the classes. Different people have different ways of learning/attitude towards class. Maybe if, while filling out the application for That's Mandarin there could be a detailed survey about your attitude towards studying. That way, That's Mandarin could divide the different groups of learners into their respective classes.
Alexander

My time at That's Mandarin

My two weeks at That's Mandarin

These two weeks following the Full Camp program of That's Mandarin in Beijing were far better than I expected. I underestimated the experience and believed I'd spend the first week adapting to the dorms, the other students, teachers, staff members, the locals and the city itself, but within two days I already had a fixed group of friends, all from different nationalities, with whom I did most of the activities promoted by That's Mandarin.
Our stay here in Beijing counld't have been more complete than this without a visit to the Forbidden City, Great Wall of China, Wang Fu Jing and to the Tian'anmen Square.
The classes, in my case and a friend's, were quite slower than we would've liked due to the arrival of a far larger group of students that werre at a lower level of Mandarin, but nothing that made the classes less productive for me or the students which were also at a slightly higher level in Mandarin. Due to the lasting support of our main supervisor and Lao Shi, we recieved quite a lot of help and advice regarding Mandarin and came to see her more as an older sister than simply an authority making sure we followed the rules implied upon us.
About the city of Beijing, it's extremely big. Maybe this idea is emphasized by how we didn't have as many chances to explore the city as freely as we would've liked because of the strong rains that ruind half the plans that were set for the two weeks at That's Mandarin, so I simply don't know enough about Beijing.
In conclusion, program is worth the time of anyone willing to know a completely different culture and study Mandarin intensively.

More freedom in the cultural activities and also during the afternoon activities. Other than this, I think the only other thing that should be changed is the food offered on all meals, except for when we eat out. More nutritious and healthy food should be offered to the children and teenagers that study at That's Mandarin, not little packs of oreos and only a few pieces of fruit.
Emilia

Day Camp Classes Only

A really fun course that was immersive and engaging, and which helped to expand my Chinese language ability. The teachers were so nice and fun and the class atmosphere was extremely supportive. It was amazing to meet other students from all over the world who are also studying Mandarin. The classes were really beneficial for learning and understanding useful, everyday life phrases, and they also really helped me to speak more and understand more with my host family. Overall it was an amazing course that really improved my Chinese speaking, listening and reading ability whilst enabling me to make lots of new friends and experience everyday life in China.

More choice with the Saturday field trip activities.
James

Family camp in summer 2018

My family had a great experience with That's Mandarin on their summer 'family camp'. We have two young children, and despite our youngest child being a little younger than the normal age range for which That's Mandarin usually caters, they were flexible in accommodating him and they gave both our children a very positive experience. The teachers were kind and supportive throughout, and they both left the programme with renewed confidence and positivity towards learning Chinese. I was particularly impressed that, shortly after we started, one of the teachers made time to speak to me directly to see how things were going and to look at how best to cater for our two kids.

My wife and I also took intensive classes while our kids were doing their lessons. The curriculum is very well-structured and the electronic system used by That's Mandarin provides an excellent resource for revision and consolidation. The teachers all knew the curriculum very well, and so could guide us effectively through what we needed to learn. We are both beginners with Mandarin and so were delighted to have moved forward so much in 3 weeks. We would happily recommend That's Mandarin and will be strongly considering a return in future years.

Peta

Family camp at TM, great summer course

My two children and I took classes for 2 weeks, my kids join in the day camp program, and I had paticeptant in the intensive small group class with other students at That's Mandarin Beijing. The children enjoyed the holiday camp outings around the city and the language classes, I have seen their interest and confidence in mandarin group during this time. It also helps to be walking around Beijing taking in the local context.

For my class, at the beginner with complete beginner, since I have stayed in Taiwan for 6 years before, I just needed a refresh class, then I have all my knowledge back, and after first day, we found out the class does not work for all of us, but the teachers and staff at the school are very flexible to adjust our request, and split us in the right class. I appreciated on this.
We look forward to returning in the future.

About That's Mandarin Chinese Language School

That’s Mandarin is China’s leading Chinese Language School delivering quality lessons to 3000+ students each year.

Study Chinese in Beijing, Shanghai, online or at your location.

Why choose us?
We offer only the best Chinese lessons for you with a...