Study Abroad at East China Normal University

Nanjing Lu, Shanghai, China
Nanjing Lu, Shanghai, China
Expo 2010 in Shanghai
Expo 2010 in Shanghai

Travel to Shanghai, China to study at the East China Normal University for a semester, year, or summer term. Offering top notch Mandarin Chinese language courses, and a wealth of other disciplines from business and humanities, to engineering and information technology, students will have an easy time finding courses to fit their schedule.

Shanghai is the largest city proper in the world, and is a true testament to China's economic growth, with towering skyscrapers and technological evidence strewn across the city. Explore everything you can while putting your Mandarin skills to the test! Go study abroad in Shanghai, China!

JaniceYCA

Mandarin Intermediate/Adv level - Worth it!

I had a wonderful time in this program, and I learned a ton! I went into the program knowing about kindergarten level Mandarin, so I placed out of the beginners level. However, there weren't very many people in the intermediate and advance level course, so we were combined into a class of 5 people. I had so much personal attention and the teachers were really top caliber. We had intensive 6 hour days plus 1-2 hours of homework, but I was close to fluent by the end of the 4 months.

Plus the school is located in the city, which makes it super easy to go out and have fun!

The only negative is that the administrative staff is not the most attentive and slow to process things, so just a heads up.