Sichuan University - Study Abroad Exchange Program

Sichuan University invites international students from around the world to participate in a unique study abroad experience at one of three campuses located in Chengdu, China. Sichuan University offers undergraduate and graduate programs in English, as well as a Chinese Language and Culture program.

Students may choose from a handful of course options during their time at Sichuan University, and are encouraged to check if their university is one of 37 worldwide that have an exchange partnership with the university. Further details are readily available by consulting the Sichuan University website today!

CBuckwalter

Full immersion experience

The Chinese language program was very intensive and full immersion. My Chinese, upon arriving at Sichuan University, was ok however I tested extremely well and was placed into a class that was not right for me. It took about a week of moving around until we could find my fit. The teachers spoke almost no English so it was immersion from day 1. After about 2 months, I felt comfortable with the teachers and their teaching style but my experience was 1/3 of the way through. The housing was very nice, comfortable and safe (it withstood the 8.0 earthquake that semester). I was on a student exchange and the housing department claimed to not know that I was coming and didn't have a room for quite a few people. The situation was however resolved and it proved to be the best experience of my college career.

About Sichuan University

Sichuan University is composed of three campuses, all in the Chengdu area: Wangjiang, Huaxi, and Jiang’an. 37 different schools from around the world currently have exchange partnerships with Sichuan University, keeping up a constantly changing...