Study Abroad in Shanghai, China (Shanghai University)

Cherry Blossom
Study Abroad in Shanghai, China
Study Abroad in Shanghai, China
Shanghai Night time Metropolis
Shanghai Night time Metropolis

Study in China and experience living in one of the most dynamic countries in the world! The program teaches you (Mandarin) Chinese as well as a multidisciplinary curriculum focusing on Chinese culture, language, economics and foreign trade.

A study abroad semester in Shanghai will be an impressive addition to your resume, teach you the most spoken language in the world as well as give you valuable insights into one of the most important economic power houses of the world, China and the city of Shanghai.

Shanghai University, established in 1922, is a public, research-driven university at the heart of the city of Shanghai. The university gained its current form in 1994 after four different universities in Shanghai, all leaders in their fields of expertise, merged. Coincidentally, the current Shanghai University enjoys a reputation of having an excellent curriculum across different fields of studies, as well as having decades of experience in diversified disciplines.

You can go on exchange to this program without being enrolled at a university, as long as you’re at least 18 years old. Thus, this is also a great fit for gap year students who want to prepare themselves for academic and working life while discovering some of the most intriguing places in the world.

Mariana

Best experience ever!

My experience in Shanghai was by far the best in my life, Asia Exchange made it really easy for me to enjoy this adventure without any worries in terms of my academic life. The staff helped me efficiently in every step of the process, they answered all my questions in time and guided me throughout my entire application procedure.

Shanghai is an amazing city that has a lot of things to offer, this opportunity allowed me to experience a completely different culture as well as it gave me the chance to travel and connect with people I never expected to meet. This trip changed my life and gave me skills I know will be useful for my academic future.

Don't be afraid of new things! Every experience will be worth it.
Gerhard

A lifetime experience you should definitely try

Since my university did not provide much help for studying outside of europe, I reached for different options and discovered AsiaExchange. I decided to spend a semester in Shanghai in 2017, which was definitely one of the best decisions during my studies. There is so much to do, see and learn, the food is great and culture just so different.

Altough their study program did not really fit my curriculum (engineering), this was a great opportunity to learn about culture, economics and various soft-skills. The studies did not take too much time, so some was left to explore Shanghai itself and dive into local culture. Also traveling to other parts of China by High-Speed Train was really interesting and much fun.

I returned with a lot of new friends, incredible experiences and the urge to leave for another adventure soon.