UCEAP - Peking University International Summer School

UCEAP - Peking University International Summer School

Peking University (PKU) lies within the heart of the People's Republic of China in Beijing, China. The main campus is located conveniently by the Beijing subway that can take you around the city making travelling and exploring very easy.

The International Summer School program attracts students from all over the world. Some examples are students from all over the United States, Thailand, Japan, and many more! You will get to meet many friends with various backgrounds during your journey. The school also provides field trips to many of the tourist attractions free of charge. Some places include the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, and many others.

Courses range from cultural studies to economics. Most courses will be taught in English by visiting professors or PKU staff. There is also the option of taking language courses taught in mandarin for those interested.

Asia » China » Beijing
Beijing

sogolk
Berkeley, CA

AWESOME!!

I had the best time of my life. great experience that I wouldn't get if I traveled by myself. I spoke no Mandarin at that time but everyone helped me to get by. I met some amazing people that i'm still in touch with. grab this opportunity you won't regret it!

IHeartBeijing
Berkeleu

Out of this world

The classes are easy, but what can you say? It is summer school. I would recommend people not to take the Chinese course even if you don't know one lick of Chinese. I suggest you just buy a translator and walk around talking to the people. The food and shopping is amazing and cheap. If you get the chance, you should ride the high speed train to Shanghai. Just for the experience.

arcangel
Berkeley

Amazing

I had a blast. There are many places to see and the courses were not that bad.I loved the food and the many different cultural field trips that we were taken to such as the Great Wall and an acrobats show.

UCEAP has sent over 13,000 students abroad to study or intern, creating a community of globally informed students and alumni. Plenty of options are available such as countries like Japan, Portugal, and many others!