Study History and Politics at NYU Prague

Study History and Politics at NYU Prague

Learn about the incredible cultural and political transformation of the Czech Republic since the Velvet Revolution in 1989, with courses that explore fundamental changes in history and social justice. Students can take courses like the Cultural History of the City in Central Europe or European-American Relations in the 21st Century, taught by politicians and public intellectuals, many of whom were key players in the country's transition to democracy. NYU Prague organizes day trips and overnight excursions to historic sites like Kutná Hora, a medieval town and UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for its cathedrals, or industrial Ostrava, where students talk with some of the town's Roma population about discrimination and culture. Learn more and access the online application on the NYU Global Programs website, and secure your spot for an amazing semester!

Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
Theater, Drama and Dance
J-Term
Statement of Purpose
Letters of Recommendation
The cost provided is an estimate and expenses vary greatly by student. Airfare charges often depend on the departure city, and immigration costs depend on the citizenship of the student. The cost of living is affected by exchange rates and other factors which can fluctuate daily. In addition, these numbers do not include tuition. For more clarification on site costs, please visit our website.
Prague

John
Prague

Other programs are better

I came and made some really great friends and saw some really amazing places, but it was hard because most NYU kids knew each other coming in, and they are pretentious and rude. Also classes are a joke and NYU offered me no help when I desperately needed to go to the doctor. Prague is an amazing city, but go on a different program.

Ingrid
London
Museum Studies

reputable programme in a fun location

NYU has a range of other study abroad programmes but this is an increasingly popular option. Lots of fun in a city that is not as expensive as other 'traditional' study abroad programmes, i.e. London/Rome.

N.
Washington, DC
Museum Studies

Great Program

I loved my time in Prague. Classes were only four days a week, so we had ample opportunity to travel. I visited Amsterdam, Poland, France, Spain, Germany, Slovakia, Austria, and Morocco. NYU also offers fantastic (free) trips within the Czech Republic, so I really got to experience the whole country.

Made some wonderful friends during my five months. I still keep in touch with many of them. I would highly recommend this program to anyone.

KariReports
London, UK
Trekking

An Amazing Semester Abroad!

I studied abroad in Prague back in 2006 and I STILL find myself talking about it. If you want to study abroad in Prague, then this is definitely the program to do. The professors are amazing, hilarious, and understand that studying while abroad is often times about learning outside of the classroom.

As for life in Prague and the social scene at NYU, you can't really do much better. Unlike other programs in Prague, NYU's is self-contained in its own cute building, not part of a larger Czech university like Charles U. This definitely makes a big difference in fostering relationships with other students, as do the NYU-only dorms.

I lived in Osadni, which is a bit further out than some of the other living options, but I loved it and I hear that what was then an up and coming neighborhood is now an artist hub. There's a lot of good Czech food around as well! The only thing that was rough was the freezing winter and the commute into school when it was that cold out.

All in all, my time at NYU in Prague was definitely well spent, both in and out of the classroom!

NYU Global Programs provides study abroad experiences at 11 academic centers in Accra, Ghana; Berlin, Germany; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Florence, Italy; London, England; Madrid, Spain; Paris, France; Prague, Czech Republic; Sydney, Australia; Tel Aviv, Israel; Washington, DC, US; and at our degree-granting campus in Shanghai,