CIEE Summer Central European Studies in Prague, Czech Republic

CIEE Study Abroad (Prague, Czech Republic)

Staggering architecture, rich cultural history, a turbulent past and exciting future – Prague is as fascinating a city as it is beautiful. Spend your summer exploring the rich cultural and social heritage of Prague, the Czech Republic, and Central Europe through the exploration of its art and architectural roots, local societies, and dynamic history.

Study abroad in Prague and you’ll have access to coursework, cultural excursions, activities, and flat buddies that give you the opportunity to make the city your own.

Study abroad in Prague and you will:

- Spend your summer in one of Europe’s most exciting cities, and learn about a variety of Central European issues and Czech perspectives

- Participate in experiential activities linked with coursework

- Explore the city and study in one or two three-week sessions

- Live with local students in an apartment in one of Prague’s authentic neighborhoods

Updated refund & cancellation policy for flexible, secure booking due to COVID-19

In the unusual event CIEE has to cancel your summer ’20, fall '20, January '21, or spring '21 study abroad or internship program due to a health, safety, or security concern, you’re covered with Program Assurance Advantage.

Learn more >

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Olivia

Summer in Prague

This trip completely altered the plans I had for myself. I gained so much knowledge about complex topics through this experience. For me, I had been so accustomed to learning things from one perspective in a classroom environment. But it's so much different to actually visit these sites and see where Nazis had occupied. I was taking the Rise and Fall of Central European Totalitarianism and it was amazing to see the effects that specific government structures has made on the country-- the types of architecture, the outward attitudes of the people of the Czech Republic, etc..
I had been so set on following a plan before going on this trip and that has completely changed. I want to have more diverse opportunities similar to the ones I had in Prague! As for a tip, check out a introductory language resource before arrival. Not as many speak English as I had expected and I wish I had prepared a little more.