• Czech Republic
    • Prague
Term
Fall, J-Term, Spring, Summer
Anthropology Cultural Studies Economics European Studies History Journalism Language Studies Photography Theater
Need-based funding, Merit-based funding, General grants/scholarships

Program Details

Apartment Dormitory Host Family

Pricing

You get more for every dollar when you study abroad with CIEE! Our high-quality programs include tuition, housing, on-site airport pick-up, field trips and cultural activities, 24/7 on-site professional staff, and automatic iNext insurance. There are no hidden charges or surprises when you arrive, and scholarships opportunities are available!
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Classes Travel Insurance
Jul 14, 2022
Nov 27, 2023
2 travelers are looking at this program

Cobblestone streets, ancient bridges, and a hilltop castle help lend the City of a Hundred Spires its reputation as one of the world’s most beautiful, brimming with architecture from every period and style in its millennial history.

Prague is unique in Europe, having shed its Communist past and brimming with carefully preserved monuments from every period and style in its millennial history. There’s plenty of quirky, too, like the Zizkov Tower adorned with climbing babies, and the distinctly nontraditional Dancing House.

Courses are available in English and Czech.

Program Highlights

• CIEE Prague, located in the historic Vyšehrad neighborhood of Prague, is housed in a former seat of the Catholic Church’s provost and is close to many of the city’s historical sites and cultural activities.
  • Explore Prague’s impressive range of architectural styles that include Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo, Cubism, and more.
  • Study courses taught in English at CIEE Prague, as well as partner schools, Charles University and the Academy of Performing Arts (FAMU).
  • Depending on their program of study and availability, students may be able to participate in an internship or volunteer.

Popular Programs

CIEE Prague Summer Programs

Cobblestone streets, ancient bridges, and a hilltop castle help lend the City of a Hundred Spires its reputation as one of the world’s most beautiful. Easy to explore on foot, the city boasts a rich cultural life that includes concerts, festivals, operas, and more.

CIEE Prague Summer Programs

Staggering architecture, rich cultural history, a turbulent past and exciting future – Prague is as fascinating a city as it is beautiful. Gain hands-on work experience with an internship in a local organization and gain real-world professional skills.

CIEE Prague January Program

CIEE’s January in Prague program invites students of all majors to advance their academics in social psychology in one of the most beautiful, cultural, and intellectual capitals in Europe.

First Year Abroad in Prague

Prague, known for its historic charm and architecture, offers students a chance to explore its cobblestone streets, visit landmarks like Prague Castle, and experience a blend of medieval and modern influences. The city's rich history and laid-back atmosphere make it a memorable destination in Central Europe.

CIEE

CIEE Scholarships and Grants

CIEE’s need-based grants offer support to students who face financial barriers to studying abroad. CIEE awards need-based grants based on students’ EFCs and program selection. The Gilman Go Global Grant offers students $750-$2,000 toward airfare, plus $2,500 toward semester program costs, or $1,000 toward summer program costs.

$500 - $2,500

• 5 rating 93.55%
  • 4 rating 6.45%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
William

CIEE Prague, Do It

Staying in Prague was an amazing experience that I'd recommend to anyone thinking of studying abroad. CIEE goes above and beyond to ensure that each of their students has a great time and offer very nice extra-curricular activities such as wine tastings, free trips to different cities around the Czech Republic and Europe as well, and an opportunity to teach English to Czech elementary schoolers. The classes are not too hard, so I had a lot of free time to explore Prague and take weekend trips to the surrounding countries in Europe.

Pros
  • Class workload
  • Central location in Europe makes travel easy
  • Meet people from all over the US and world!
Cons
  • Spotty wifi at the main building
  • Not all housing is equal
Kaya

CIEE College Prague

Deciding to study abroad was a great decision and I am so grateful of all my experiences studying with CIEE in Prague. It was incredible easy to adjust to the host country and even easier to make friends. CIEE provides lots of fun activities within Prague and trips outside of your country as well. Some of my favorites include our trip to Budapest, Czech cooking Classes, and the Nutcracker Ballet. Prague is very safe and very easy to navigate, if you decide to join CIEE Prague, you will never run out of things to do. The best part about this whole experience is the relationships you leave with! Very much worth it!

Pros
  • Easy to Get Around
  • Safe
  • Unique
Cons
  • Attendance Policy
  • Winter weather
  • Limited class choices
Abigail

Study Abroad Prague

I am so glad I took the next step and studied abroad in Prague. I have met so many wonderful friends, and it has been so amazing to learn about Czech culture. Also, the Psychoanalysis and Art class was very interesting and a fun class. I would recommend studying abroad to everyone that wants to experience another culture, make lifelong friends, and have new experiences. CIEE was very accommodating, explained everything very well, and were very kind during our stay in Prague. I recommend using their company for your study abroad experience.

Pros
  • Easy to get around
  • Cheap
  • Great night life
Cons
  • Rude locals
  • Very touristy
Stu

A Great Experience in Prague, CZ

Going to Prague has been by far the best experience I have had as a college student. From the support I had at the program’s school to housing to my location within Europe which allowed me to travel - everything was close to perfect. I think the greatest part though, were the people. The staff, the professors and my fellow American classmates made my abroad experience so special. On a personal level, my experience pushed me out of my comfort zone and helped me understand that the world is 100x larger and more diverse than I ever imagined.

Sean

CIEE

The CIEE experience in Prague was awesome. There was a great balance of school work and being able to travel around Prague and other countries on the weekends. The school includes five required courses that can count towards your major back at your university or you can branch out and try new courses. The teachers are awesome and the classes are all interactive by being focused around group work and conversation. To add, the program gives an appropriate amount of homework which allowed us to get immersed in Prague culture.

Pros
  • Travel
  • Prices
  • Food
Cons
  • Language barrier
Jenna

CIEE Communications, Media, and Journalism Program in Prague

CIEE is an extraordinary organization that provides a well-rounded experience and a variety of cultural opportunities. When I was coming abroad, one of my biggest worries was that I would feel lost in the absence of a trusted adult or advisor. Studying abroad can be daunting, and I had concerns about if I would have a solid support network. During the first day of orientation, these worries were put to rest. The CIEE Prague staff ensured all the students that they were not only there to educate us, but that they also cared about our well-being and about the experiences we had. Hearing those words put my mind at ease and allowed me to look forward to what lay ahead. Additionally, the CIEE staff did a terrific job of creating intriguing programming for the students that offered us a deeper look into our host culture. Through CIEE programming, we had the opportunity to attend a local hockey game, participate in wine tasting, learn how to do glass blowing, and even take a trip to Berlin.

Many of the classes at CIEE Prague included a Czech focus, and it was interesting to widen my perspective on life throughout the world and on myself. Before coming abroad, I didn’t truly grasp how intriguing it would be to immerse myself in a new culture and learn the norms of a different country. Through the classes I’ve taken regarding culture and identity, and through my personal experiences, I have become more aware and open-minded regarding cultural differences. The international education provided at CIEE is of the utmost importance as it guided students toward understanding the similarities between cultures and respecting the differences.

Pros
  • program staff & organized activities
  • cultural activities
  • ease of travel to/from other cities/countries
Caroline

My Unforgettable Experience In Prague

I spent a month in Prague with CIEE during summer 2022 and was amazed by the significant impact such a short time had on me. I was nervous that by going for a month instead of a semester, I wouldn’t ever feel fully adjusted to life in Prague, but CIEE helped me feel at home right away and prepared me for all the exciting challenges that come with study abroad. By the end of the program, I was ordering coffees in Czech thanks to the communicative language course, comfortably using Prague’s incredible public transportation system, and exploring other nearby cities with the strategies for being abroad I had learned! My time with CIEE left me with an increased sense of independence and a deep connection to Prague that I find extremely valuable!

Pros
  • Prague is very affordable
  • Strong support system with CIEE
  • Excellent housing
Cons
  • The language barrier can be difficult at times
  • It can feel overwhelming to experience everything you want to in a month
Anne

3 weeks in Prague was the perfect taste of studying abroad!

I completed a three-week January term class in Prague through CIEE. Three weeks was the perfect time to enjoy the freedom of studying abroad while avoiding the stress of being gone for a whole semester. CIEE staff struck the right balance of structure and freedom for us students. CIEE offered optional co-curricular activities but also gave us lots of time to explore Prague independently. Additionally, Prague is a real affordable city. I was a financially conscious traveler and Prague definitely gave me the bang for my buck. The J-term was a great alternative to a semester study abroad!

Pros
  • co-cirricular trips offered
  • great program sponsored housing
  • friendly, caring on-site staff
Cons
  • Czech language is difficult
  • crowded during the holiday season