CIEE College Study Abroad in Prague, Czech Republic

Cobblestone streets, ancient bridges, and a hilltop castle help lend the City of a Hundred Spires its reputation as one of the world’s most beautiful, brimming with architecture from every period and style in its millennial history.

Prague is unique in Europe, having shed its Communist past and brimming with carefully preserved monuments from every period and style in its millennial history. There’s plenty of quirky, too, like the Zizkov Tower adorned with climbing babies, and the distinctly nontraditional Dancing House.

Program Highlights
  • CIEE Prague, located in the historic Vyšehrad neighborhood of Prague, is housed in a former seat of the Catholic Church’s provost and is close to many of the city’s historical sites and cultural activities.
  • Explore Prague’s impressive range of architectural styles that include Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo, Cubism, and more.
  • Study courses taught in English at CIEE Prague, as well as partner schools, Charles University and the Academy of Performing Arts (FAMU).
  • Depending on their program of study and availability, students may be able to participate in an internship or volunteer.

Global Cities Grant

The best opportunity in study abroad - the Global Cities Grant in Copenhagen, Rome, and London for your spring '22 semester!

Study this spring in Copenhagen, London or Rome for only $9,000 for 18 weeks or $6,000 for 12 weeks! ⁠ Act now- a limited number of spots available.

CIEE
Don't Miss Out on a CIEE Study Abroad Scholarship or Grant!

Hundreds of students a year benefit from CIEE's variety of scholarships and grants. We are dedicated to helping students who need assistance take your studies out of the classroom and into the world! Check out our GAIN travel grants, Gilman GoGlobal, and MSI Grants, as well as academic and program specific CIEE scholarships!

$500 - $2,500

Popular Programs

CIEE Prague Summer Programs

Cobblestone streets, ancient bridges, and a hilltop castle help lend the City of a Hundred Spires its reputation as one of the world’s most beautiful. Easy to explore on foot, the city boasts a rich cultural life that includes concerts, festivals, operas, and more.

CIEE Prague Summer Programs

Staggering architecture, rich cultural history, a turbulent past and exciting future – Prague is as fascinating a city as it is beautiful. Gain hands-on work experience with an internship in a local organization and gain real-world professional skills.

CIEE Prague January Program

CIEE’s January in Prague program invites students of all majors to advance their academics in social psychology in one of the most beautiful, cultural, and intellectual capitals in Europe.

• 9-10 rating 83.33%
  • 7-8 rating 16.67%
Anthony

Prague, a great place to study

I absolutely loved my class in Prague. The city is full of history and extremely easy to walk and travel in. The course was engaging itself, and I especially loved the interactions I had with the professor. We also went to a lot of museums as part of the class, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I learned a lot being in the class, and the professor enjoyed having me because I added a lot of insight on the specific psychoanalytic topic we were discussion from a music perspective, since we only covered Visual Art, Creative Art, and Film.

What was your funniest moment?
So we actually took a weekend trip to Budapest during the free weekend, and I was on my own bus from the rest of the group there and back. And I missed the bus at 11:50 at night! So I then had to spend the night in a gas station until I took the first bus back the next day.
Kathryn

Highly Recommend CIEE Prague

I loved CIEE Prague! The staff was nice and very helpful. The classes were interesting and I enjoyed my Professors. I was hesitant about going abroad with a study abroad company rather than directly through a school, but it was actually a great experience. I learned a lot and the program was well-organized. The staff responds well to suggestions from students and has put in place a more flexible attendance policy and implemented more breaks for travelling. This has helped give me more freedom to enjoy being in Europe while I am here.

One thing that I would have liked is more exposure to local people, as well as international students. The program is almost entirely American students. Which was fun -- I still met lots of new people. I just wanted to meet more people my age from other countries.
Melanie

First time abroad experience

I enjoyed being in the CIEE program to expand my learning for my journalism career. I liked the activities we got to participate in, made a few friends, and learned something new in my news media, globalization, and journalism course. I would recommend this program to high school and college students for the adventure.

I also enjoyed being in a new city that was a way from home. Prague is full of life, the architecture is beautiful, the weather is really hot, and the night life is wonderful. I recommend the Arepas de Lyna place to eat fresh Venezuelan food. They are so sweet, their customer service is phenomenal, and it was close to my apartment. Definitely a ten out of ten and five star restaurant. I hope if you have the chance to come to Prague, to fully grasp the European culture and lifestyle.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Public transportation was difficult for me because I usually drive everywhere, but I got the hang of it.
Maryanna

Amazing experience

CIEE provided me with the tools to travel to amazing places, learn new things, and make friends for life. The classes were insightful and taught me a lot about Central European and the history of Czech Republic. The professors and administrators were extremely helpful and excited to teach and make my experience the best they could. My Czech buddy and my roommates made life in Prague so fun and exciting.

Ellen

Excellent program

I would highly recommend studying in Prague through CIEE. Classes were usually interesting and not too difficult. Housing was nice, clean, and well located. Opportunities for internships and cultural activities are readily available if you're interested. I thought CIEE's staff was super friendly and helpful, and our Study Center was in a cool location (and you'll get your daily cardio walking up the hill it sits on!). I didn't know too many other students in Prague through providers other than CIEE to compare experiences with, but I can't think of much on CIEE's end that wasn't done really well! Come to Prague and enjoy living in a city that's beautiful, interesting, weird, cheap, wild, historical, and amazing, all at once.

Be aware that this program is HUGE. I was expecting to be in a group of maybe 30-50 students, and it was definitely something like 150-200. That's not bad, but I was surprised.
Sarah

Unique and Friendly

The CIEE program in Prague is definitely worthwhile. I had a great time, and although I had some disappointments, the traveling experience, the culture shock, really helped me to understand there is more than just a US way of living. This is something I thought I already understood, but I was incorrect, and now I feel I have a better understanding of what is important in life.

I enjoyed my classes, although they didn't see quite as rigorous as my courses at home, The topics were unlike anything I could study at the University of Arkansas and kept me interested and my mind stimulated.

CIEE tried to do a lot of things for us in the beginning to get us out and seeing the country, but that soon waned and eventually stopped altogether. But I would hang out with friends (local and other CIEE students) on the weekends quite a bit, and classes only Mon-Thursday was really nice.

If you're keen to spend a semester in a non-traditional country (i.e. Italy or France), then studying in Prague definitely fits the bill and I can't recommend it enough. Have fun!