Study Abroad in London, England: Summer

Spend your summer in the thriving city of London, England with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 12 credits through Richmond, the American International University in London. Programs include a Traditional Academic Program, Black London Program, or Undergraduate Research Program.

You will live in double and triple rooms in Richmond University residence halls or approved satellite buildings in the Kensington area. Single rooms are available on a limited basis for an additional fee. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided for students Monday through Friday in the University cafeteria.

Cultural and social activities will include:
• Guided walking tours
• Rugby and cricket matches
• Ballet and theater performances
• River boat cruise along the Thames
• Day trips to Stonehenge and Salisbury, Oxford, Bath, Stratford-upon-Avon, and Brighton.
An optional, exciting 3-day trip to Paris, France, is also offered.

• Earn up to 12 credits and transcript issued by Richmond, the American International University in London
  • Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included Monday through Friday
  • Day trips to Stonehenge and Salisbury, Oxford, Bath, Stratford-upon Avon, and Brighton
  • Wide range of courses available
  • Internship opportunities

Adrianna

Anxious to study abroad? AIFS will help you every step throughout the way.

I knew that I wanted to study abroad, but I had anxieties. As someone who has trouble with change and adaptation, I knew that studying abroad would be a huge leap out of my comfort zone. AIFS eased my anxieties every step along the way. They provided support before, during, and after the process, including calling me the day before departure.

While studying abroad, my classes were enriching and stimulating with enhancing academic field trips. The AIFS staff continued to enhance the cultural experience by offering cultural excursions. I was able to explore all over London, and by the end of my program, I was a much more confident and independent individual.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I had such an amazing experience that I am tempted to say I would not change anything. However, I do wish I had taken a weekend to travel to another country. Because I was only abroad for six weeks, I knew that most of my exploration would be within London, and I fell in love with the city so much that I did not want to spend other time or money traveling somewhere else. There are so many other places I wanted to travel to, though, and I wish I had done so.
Kayla

London is now called home

My experience was the best thing in my life. I found myself while in London. I have always been a social butterfly, but having the opportunity to connect with people from other countries and cultures was amazing. The courses allowed me to travel around the city and explore. This hands-on experience was the best way for me to learn. I also met lifelong friends in London. I loved the culture and city so much that I went back for another summer to study abroad. In total, I had spent 15 weeks in London over the past two years studying abroad. It still wasn't enough time for me. Every day I want to go back because it truly feels like home.

One of the only major complaints I had about the program was the food options in their dining hall. There weren't many healthy or allergy-friendly alternatives.
Alexis

London was the Time of My Life

AIFS really has an amazing program. I took the Museums of London history course, and let me say it blew me away. I highly recommend taking this course if you need a history credit. Professor Jeremy really knows his art history and still kept it fun. The best part was that I found a new appreciation for art and history from this experience.
Cierra was an amazing friend and social coordinator. She really made me feel at home at Richmond. The staff at Richmond are like so welcoming and fun. The security guards would always say good morning and good night to me, no matter what time I came home at. All of the extra activities were really fun. I especially liked the tour of Oxford.
I wish I could have stayed longer at Richmond. While I was in London I got to meet friends from all over the world. It will always have a special place in my heart.

It would have been nice to have the Tube pass included in the program, since you had to buy it on your own. I also would have liked for there to be more food options than just the cafeteria.
Brandy

Best 3 weeks of my life

AIFS provided me with the experience of a lifetime. My 3 weeks in London provided me with not only educational and intellectual challenges but also a cultural experience like no other. The staff was so helpful for any questions we had or issues we ran into. They provided us with lovely housing and some great activities. I would recommend this to anyone.

Bianca

Most Experience in a Short Period of Time

Our dorm was conveniently near the Tube station and a short walk to cafes, stores, and Kensington Park! My class met M-Th and my professor was knowledgeable and talented. AIFS does a great job at offering and planning trips and events that helped me experience the. I was able to ride the London Eye, see a play at the Globe Theater, go on a ghost tour, and take a day trip to Bath! This also made it easier to meet other students on the program and build friendships. The staff was helpful in providing tips and advice that helped make the most out of the short amount of time that I had there. London is full of adventure and surprise and there is always something to do or see! I am confident that my experience abroad would have been different if I had not chosen AIFS to travel with.

Ways to interact with and meet local Londoners/students.
Read my full story
VPI&SU

Excellent Summer Program

The only regret I have about this program is that I wish I'd done the 6 or 9 week program instead of just 3 weeks. Location is great, courses are educational but not overbearing, and the staff do a great job of providing opportunities to do things unique to the UK and London. Lots of time for sightseeing and travel around both London and the rest of the UK. It's hard to ask for a better summer experience.

KD

Best time ever!

I had the time of my life living in London for 9 weeks over the summer! It was a great experience! Kensington was a great place to live, and I was able to go to a lot of areas in London that I haven't been to previously. The classes I took were great and I loved that I was able to get the European perspective on subjects, the professors were awesome. All in all, it was a great time and definitely changed my life!

danibolt

study abroad AIFS

I highly recommend this program. I had the best experience a student could ask for. I learned a lot about myself, the people of london and made many local friends in the process of it all.