ISA Study Abroad in Reading, England

ISA Study Abroad in Reading, England

Reading is a community rich with numerous music, art and cultural festivals, in addition to a thriving theatre scene. Situated on the River Thames, and only a 30-minute train ride from Central London, Reading provides a great blend of suburban living with easy access to the big city. A walk through town shows off Reading's unique blend of old and new, with picturesque streets lined with traditional red brick structures and modern commercial buildings. A quick jump on a train can have students venturing out into the surrounding English countryside for a pleasant stress free day.

Study Abroad students will quickly discover that this English university is a great destination for international students who find themselves on a campus comprised of 300 acres of landscaped parkland; once a medieval manor estate. The campus provides an ideal setting for a modern university and a perfect environment for study abroad students to immerse themselves in the local culture and traditions.

Europe » England » Reading

Cassandra
Crete, Nebraska
University of Reading

Reading Adventures

I come from a small school in Nebraska. I did not want to go to a place so big I would be overwhelmed, and therefore Reading was the perfect place for me. I loved how close we were to London but that we weren't so close to constantly face the hustle and bustle of the city.
However, trains to and from London were incredibly expensive which was a bit inconvenient.
Living in the traditional dorms was fun and where I met most of my friends from England. However, it was very loud during sleeping times but that was just part of the experience for me.
If you are studying abroad for the food, England is not the place to go. However, there were plenty of places that did have great food in Reading.
I really loved and appreciated ISA. They did a lot more for us than any other abroad students I talked to while there. I would definitely go with ISA again if I had the chance.

I wish I had known about all the costs that could be associated with studying in Reading. I had to pay a lot of money for train rides to London where all my program things happened, which was extremely inconvenient and we didn't hear about it until we got to England.

But it was a minor issue that wasn't that big in the grand scheme of things.

Steph
Newburgh, New York
Mount Saint Mary College

The Experience of a Lifetime

If someone told me three years ago that I was going to study abroad in the United Kingdom, meet some of my best friends, and embark on the experience of a lifetime, I would have said that he or she was crazy. I always knew I wanted to study abroad in the UK, but finances was always an issue. During my junior year of college, I was given the opportunity to study aboard and that experience has shaped every decision that I have made since.
The International Studies Abroad Program is Reading, United Kingdom is affordable and has given me the tools necessary to determine my career path as well as form relationships that I would have never thought were possible.
During my time in Reading, I was able to study under some of the major experts in their respective fields. While studying Shakespeare at the University of Reading, I was able to attend a lecture by Professor Andrew Gurr, an internationally renowned expert of Shakespearean Theatre. I have since read his book entitled The Shakespearean Stage and have gained a greater appreciation for Shakespearean Theatre.
Besides the academics, I was able to enhance my education through experiences of my travels. I went on almost every ISA excursion and through those excursions I made friends that I have maintained relationships with.
The program that ISA provided gave me the tools necessary to begin to pursue a career in International Communications and Development and I hope that one day I can assist other students in studying abroad.

I think have a little more communication between the on-site staff and the Reading Staff because sometimes when meeting the London students and the onsite staff for excursions, there was some miscommunication and we would sometimes get lost.

As a leader in international education for over twenty-five years, ISA is dedicated to providing university level students with the opportunity to discover, learn, and enjoy a way of life other than their own. ISA offers a diverse portfolio of education abroad programs across Africa,