Study Abroad at Leeds International Summer School

This is your chance to spend next summer studying abroad at the University of Leeds which is in the top 10 universities in the UK, according to The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.

Immerse yourself in British culture for two or four weeks this summer at the Leeds International Summer School (LISS), an all-inclusive summer programme with exciting academic modules, field trips, cultural excursions and a packed social programme.

Choose from subject areas including Arts & Humanities, Business, Communication, Computing, Design, Engineering, Politics & International Studies, Sciences and Social Sciences. For all courses you can transfer credits back to your home degree. Our friendly social assistants organise an extensive evening and weekend social programme for you to get to know other students. As well as academic field trips you will travel England with excursions to York, Whitby, Harewood House, the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District.

• Small class sizes and world-class tuition with modules taught by University of Leeds staff
  • Opportunity to earn academic credit (20 Leeds credits = 6 US / 10ECTS)
  • Field trips included for all modules
  • An integrated cultural and social programme of activities and excursions
  • Exceptional student support (dedicated year-round staff, plus live-in Social Assistants)

Kevin

My time at LISS and the University of Leeds

In 2010, through my university in Baltimore, I studied abroad with the Leeds International Summer School. It was the first year of the program, and everything about it sounded fun -- the courses, the trips around the UK, and the chance to meet people from all over the world.

The program and the university far exceeded my expectations. The program's organizers were very friendly and did everything possible to make my time in Leeds as fun and rewarding as possible. I met people from a variety of countries, including Australia, China, the Netherlands, Japan, Italy, and more. It was my first time visiting the UK, and most of the others were in the same situation. Together we took a range of classes and went on trips around the country, all of which were amazing. We also had a great deal of autonomy to explore the city and experience its nightlife. As of 2014 I have seen and visited several of the people I met while in Leeds.

I loved Leeds and the university so much that I decided to go back for postgraduate study. From 2011-2012 I did a yearlong master's program and earned a degree in international relations. The program was fantastic, and the university is top quality. I traveled all around the UK and made trips to continental Europe while there.

I now live and work in Washington DC where I do research related to foreign policy. I plan on returning to the UK within the coming months. I highly recommend the LISS program to anyone looking to study abroad -- it is an incredible experience.

Jake

Memories for Life

One of the best summers I've ever had. Learned a ton about music, made a lot of friends that I still keep in touch with, and saw some beautiful places! The coolest opportunity for any type of interest. I wish I could go back next summer!

About University of Leeds

The University of Leeds is in the top 10 universities in the UK, according to The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018. With 32,000 students, including over 5000 international students the University of Leeds is a vibrant and diverse...