Study online at Leeds International Summer School

This is your chance to spend next summer studying with the University of Leeds which is in the top 100 universities in the world, according to the QS World University Rankings 2021. Immerse yourself in British culture for two or four weeks this summer at the Leeds International Summer School (LISS), a summer programme with exciting academic modules, virtual social and cultural programme and employability skills workshops.

Choose from subject areas including Arts & Humanities, Business, Engineering, Science, Politics and Social Science. For all courses you can transfer credits back to your home degree. You'll be taught in online classes by University of Leeds teaching staff, and you'll work individually and with others. Classes will be a combination of synchronous (live) teaching and asynchronous learning. This is a full-time course. Live online teaching will normally take place between 8.30–10am or 5–6.30pm British Summer Time (BST) from Monday to Thursday.

• Small class sizes and world-class tuition with modules taught by University of Leeds staff
  • Opportunity to earn academic credit (20 Leeds credits = 6 US / 10ECTS)
  • Social and networking activities
  • Employability skills workshop
  • Cultural insight events

Kevin

My time at LISS and the University of Leeds

In 2010, through my university in Baltimore, I studied abroad with the Leeds International Summer School. It was the first year of the program, and everything about it sounded fun -- the courses, the trips around the UK, and the chance to meet people from all over the world.

The program and the university far exceeded my expectations. The program's organizers were very friendly and did everything possible to make my time in Leeds as fun and rewarding as possible. I met people from a variety of countries, including Australia, China, the Netherlands, Japan, Italy, and more. It was my first time visiting the UK, and most of the others were in the same situation. Together we took a range of classes and went on trips around the country, all of which were amazing. We also had a great deal of autonomy to explore the city and experience its nightlife. As of 2014 I have seen and visited several of the people I met while in Leeds.

I loved Leeds and the university so much that I decided to go back for postgraduate study. From 2011-2012 I did a yearlong master's program and earned a degree in international relations. The program was fantastic, and the university is top quality. I traveled all around the UK and made trips to continental Europe while there.

I now live and work in Washington DC where I do research related to foreign policy. I plan on returning to the UK within the coming months. I highly recommend the LISS program to anyone looking to study abroad -- it is an incredible experience.

1 person found this review helpful.
Jake

Memories for Life

One of the best summers I've ever had. Learned a ton about music, made a lot of friends that I still keep in touch with, and saw some beautiful places! The coolest opportunity for any type of interest. I wish I could go back next summer!