Theatre in London

The London Theatre program is a 9-week intensive study program offered every other Spring quarter in odd years.

Designed for theatre majors who want to immerse themselves in the media offerings of London, in this program students will attend live professional theatre performances, sometimes including mixed media concerts, and modern dance. Besides contemporary London theatre, a student may elect to study performance with London theatre professionals, listen to lectures by guest speakers or utilize their free time to further explore the rich cultural and historical heritage of this metropolitan city. Excursions to Stratford-Upon-Avon, Kenilworth and either Sudeley or Warwick Castle, Bath, Stonehenge/Avebury, Salisbury or Wells cathedral, and a day-trip to Brighton are also included. Students will live in shared residence hall accommodation with other students in the center of London.

• Attend a variety of theatre, musical, dance and modern media performances in London
  • Live and study in London with other students devoted to theatre and the arts

Bea

Studying Abroad In London (Theatre)

This was an absolutely incredible program. We saw 35-40 shows during the nine and a half week programme. There was typically enough time during the day after the discussion to go and explore London and the other cities close by. I was able to go to many museums, and you figure out the Tube fairly early on, especially because you have to use it to get to the more central parts of London. The shows we see in the evening, usually around six, are good and engaging. We had to give an hour and a half sometimes to make sure we had enough time to use the Tube and whatnot. We had a lot of fun on the excursions, and even today, I talk about it with my friends and remember things that happened very fondly. I love the culture over there, and the diversity. I found myself getting to be very comfortable in a foreign country, and as cliché as it sounds, I grew as a person because of my time in London. I had to learn how to budget, how to fend for myself and rely on asking for directions. There's more that goes into it, but I also had to cook for myself and just learn how to function in an unfamiliar place. It was an amazing trip and I would recommend it to Theatre Majors and Minors, as we learned a lot about period styles and saw amazing shows.