CAPA London: Global Health Program

If you have an interest in nursing, midwifery or medical practice generally, study abroad on our accelerated summer program in London and consider these topics from a global perspective. Learn how historical and social change has influenced the development of nursing functions and examine how ethics, sociology, religion, law, economics, and philosophy have affected clinical practice and the impact these have had on the role of nurses and midwives. Compare the healthcare systems of the United States and United Kingdom and explore questions surrounding universal healthcare, including issues of inequality in accessing it.

This is a four-week program composed of two courses. It includes guest lectures, site visits and entrance to the Florence Nightingale Museum. There’s also a full day excursion to Bath and Stonehenge. You’ll return home with six credits.

Plan now for when you can travel abroad again! 2021 Programs now available

CAPA is here for you when you're ready to start planning your study and intern abroad adventure. Get started today!

CAPA Scholarships
CAPA Scholarships and Financial Aid

Each year, we award $1.5 million in study abroad scholarships, grants and affiliate benefits!

$500 - $5,000

Aariyana

London Study Abroad Experience

I am absolutely thrilled that I was chosen to have the opportunity to study abroad in one of my favorite countries. Being overseas allowed me to not only further my education in medicine, but it allowed me to have a wider outlook on life and gave me a sense of variety when it comes to the multiple patients I will have to face in the future. It was a very informative time and I was able to gather so much knowledge and understanding not only about myself but England as well. I am now well equipped to becoming a better person and doctor.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Lamb Curry! It was my very first time having either of these and I loved them.