CAPA London: Creative Arts Certificate

From the famous West End to hidden Secret Cinema performances, the grand Royal Albert Hall to Camden’s hole-in-the-wall music venues, and some of the best galleries in the world that make up just a few of the 857 art spaces in the city, there’s no better setting than London to study creative arts. Influence in this industry comes from all countries around the globe. One of the world’s most innovative and dynamic global cities, the cultural diversity and artistic creativity of London is unparalleled.

CAPA London’s certificate program explores the creative arts sector in the UK generally with a focus on arts management and cultural production. You’ll complete an internship and gain valuable professional experience while you’re abroad. Earn a minimum of 15 credits and you’ll return home with a Certificate of Study in Global Creative Arts.

Plan now for when you can travel abroad again! 2021 Programs now available

CAPA is here for you when you're ready to start planning your study and intern abroad adventure. Get started today!

CAPA Scholarships and Financial Aid

Each year, we award $1.5 million in study abroad scholarships, grants and affiliate benefits!

$500 - $5,000

• 9-10 rating 66.67%
  • 7-8 rating 33.33%
Julia

A Look Into Creative Arts in London

The Creative Arts Program with CAPA London is ideal for any student interested in the fields of writing, theatre, or visual arts! Classes in this program are available in these fields along with history, museums, pop culture, arts administration, Shakespeare, and playwriting. Doing a certificate program is not all that different from not doing one, the only real difference I experienced was having slightly different requirements for some of my assignments. CAPA prioritizes learning beyond the classroom, so I got to go on awesome field trips such as the Victoria & Albert Museum, the National Theatre, and seeing amazing plays! These all helped me to be immersed in the London arts scene and experience it all firsthand. If this sounds up your alley, I highly recommend also doing the CAPA internship program in an arts field. I'm a double major in Theatre Arts and Marketing, so I specified that and my career goals and interests during my internship placement interview with CAPA. I was placed with a youth theatre company doing social media marketing, and I'm so glad I was. I learned so much about theatre in London and also how the arts business operates. I was able to be surrounded by work I was passionate about while also gaining tangible professional experience!
(Something to be aware of, though, is if you decide to drop the internship program you will NOT receive the certificate, so be careful!) All in all, London is THE place to study abroad or intern if you are an artistically-inclined individual, and CAPA is a great help in making your vision come to life.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Learning my internship commute! I live in a suburban Connecticut town so I typically drive a car, so taking the tube was a huge step and took some getting used to. It was scary at first because of the crowds, weekday morning chaos, and figuring out what tube lines go where. I was able to overcome it by taking the time to practice my commute right before my first day, and everyday after that leaving enough time to allow for train delays, cancellations, or getting myself lost. I also frequently asked people around me or station employees for help, and they were very accomodating each time. This can be intimidating, but with London being as huge and tourist-filled as it is, they're probably quite used to it. By the time I left London, I probably could have done my commute with my eyes closed. It's stressful at first, but with time and practice, you'll get the hang of it and settle into a routine!
Melody

I want to go back everyday

I loved this program because it was so well fit to my needs and wants to study abroad. The staff and faculty were so helpful and friendly and I find myself missing walking into the CAPA building and talking to everyone who works there. I especially miss my professors! Mike Punter and I were very close and still keep in touch now almost a year later. I can't wait to go back and visit London and I know that I will definitely visit CAPA when I do. I'm also still in touch with my roommates and several other classmates from CAPA. It's so great to talk to people who miss it as much as I do and to have a network of people all over the world! I couldn't have asked for a better support system that also kept me challenged and working hard while I was there. This was easily the best decision I made in college.

If anything, I wish I had gotten my schedule sooner.
Melody

CAPA Creative Arts

I absolutely loved my experience with CAPA! I had great roommates in my flat in Camden Town which is a really lively place to live and there's a ton to see and do just within the three blocks of where I lived. The tours and day trips they organized were tons of fun and got me closer with my classmates who are now some of my best friends and we are already planning trips to continue traveling together. The staff at CAPA was amazing and really supportive with anything I needed from being sick and losing my voice during presentation week, to losing my phone, to just sitting and talking to me about what I wanted to do with my career and how they can help me get there. I also LOVED my internship and stay in contact with the people I worked with as they might be expanding parts of their organization to the US and have invited me to work with them if they do! Going abroad with CAPA was the best thing I've ever done and I would do it again without a doubt

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I could change anything about my experience it would be getting to know more Londoners and making friends outside of my program of American students. I love to friends I did make and I talk to them everyday, but I wish I had made a few more connections with people that are from England to stay in touch with.